• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BGBW

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
But the episodes are like 10 minutes, you just need to choose if you want to watch with Man or Woman VA since the content is exactly the same.
YOU WATCH BOTH!

I also stumbled upon this, the other day, which I thought was neat and worth sharing.
6q43hdS.jpg
That image is missing vital information:
oPoaecf.png

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Land of the Lustrous 06

Are gem people even capable of improving their muscles (or muscle-analogues) through training?

I'm more convinced now than ever that they need to invest in ranged weaponry.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Overlord II - 03

Cocytus is a pretty bad commander. But it's understandable, I too wouldn't really care about throwing bad CG skeletons against bad CG lizardmen.

Romance of the season:
t9H5QYTl.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
maybe if the original im@s idols were more gimmicky I'd watch it

i want my idols to be more like pro wrestlers and less like pop stars

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Land of the Lustrous 06

Are gem people even capable of improving their muscles (or muscle-analogues) through training?

I'm more convinced now than ever that they need to invest in ranged weaponry.
Gem physiology remains a mystery. How can they move smoothly but also break? Where are their memories and personality stored? Is their soft hair just bacteria poop?

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Boss Baby is better than it has any right to be. It is by no means "good" but it is entertaining.

If you like Jack Donaghy from 30 Rock... it is Jack as a baby pretty much.

But it should not be nominated for an Oscar by any means

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Boss Baby is better than it has any right to be. It is by no means "good" but it is entertaining.

If you like Jack Donaghy from 30 Rock... it is Jack as a baby pretty much.

But it should not be nominated for an Oscar by any means

I just can't help but think it is Western-Developed movie bias at work here. As you said, that movie had no business being up for an Oscar over some of the other movie up for consideration.

Hell... I would've accepted SAO over Boss Baby.

SAO deserves to be robbed, though.

Well, you're not gonig to raise awareness with silence.

You did a bad thing... The Shadow Council's judgement shall be swift.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't help but think it is Western-Developed movie bias at work here.

Gee, ya think? <.<

To be honest, when even Crunchyroll, who ought to know their anime shit, don't think to include Welcome to Japari Park in their nominations for OP of the year, I can't claim to feel all that shocked that the ever-wilfully-ignorant Oscars are overlooking masterpieces like A Silent Voice and In This Corner of the World. Still a travesty, though.

Yorimoi 4

The training itself is pretty interesting in a low-key sort of way, but more cool is the sense of how it's really sinking in for everyone that this foursome is actually going to Antarctica. Both for the girls themselves (who are pretty over the moon right now, and I'm vicariously thrilled right along with them) and for the people surrounding them (who understandably have their reservations, but are also quickly developing a respect for how serious the girls are about their dream).

I'm feeling fully strapped in and ready to enjoy this whole adventure now - I'm sure there will be twists and turns, but the path ahead is looking pretty clear. The one thing I can't help wonder about is how the show plans to resolve the mother plot, because Shirase's goal of finding her mother is the one piece of this puzzle that still feels like little more than a pipe dream. Of course, I'm sure the answer to that question is still quite a ways off - they have to actually get to their destination first! - but it's something that will have to be addressed eventually. Still, this show has been so beautifully conceived and executed in every aspect so far that I have plenty of faith whatever the resolution is, it'll be satisfying to watch.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura 25

I'm seeing double! Four Sakuras!

The Mirror was an odd sort of card - towards the end of the episode, it seemed quite a kind and caring card, both showing remorse for hurting Touya and seemingly helping Sakura to recognise its identity. But that doesn't match up very well with its actions during the rest of the episode, in which it was wantonly causing trouble and actively trying to harm Touya. I guess to some extent the Clow Cards are naturally agents of chaos and can't be judged by human standards, but it does seem a little odd for a single card to demonstrate two such different sides.

In other news, this was another episode where we got a glimpse of Touya's own affinity for the supernatural, which is something I always quite enjoy. There's something oddly unique about a magical girl series allowing a relatively minor character to have a supernatural life of their own, almost completely separate from the protagonist, and it helps to make the setting feel that much more alive.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura 26

Ah yes, the mysterious substitute teacher. I distinctly remember her because back when I was watching the CCS dub on TV as a kid, I was totally convinced that she was the mysterious Yue who characters kept talking about. It got to the point where I would pointedly refer to her as Yue whenever she was on screen. Naturally when Yue's actual identity was revealed I was gobsmacked (and felt a little stupid). Good times, good times.

Looking at her here, I can hardly blame myself, though. She doesn't exactly make any effort at all to not seem like an obviously suspicious magical person...

Oct 25, 2017
How to Keep a Mummy 1

The material is pretty cute - the mini-mummy is an inherently charming concept - but the production is so bland that this ends up being another anime adaptation which seems to offer no reason to watch it instead of reading the original manga.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
2rzW9Tzl.jpg

Decided to try to squeeze this one in before the voting finishes. I had already seen the first episode but I am rewatching it.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Is Gintama good again yet?

NetFlix Godzilla

Utter crap. To be continued but who cares.

Yuru Camp 3 & Place Further than Universe 4

The people doing the fashion design are earning their paychecks this season.

Osomatsu S2 13

The world is a better place for having Karamatsu taxi

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica Girls 4

They'll never get to Antarctica. The show still has that pleasant atmosphere but I can't shake the feeling their dreams will get crushed soon.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura 27

*Kero-chan gazes ominously into the distance and mutters "Yue…"*
*cut to a shot of Mizuki-sensei standing mysteriously in the night*

Gee, I wonder how kid me might have got the idea these characters are the same?! -.-

But enough about Mizuki-sensei, let's focus on the questions that really matter.

9UdKLRi.png
qzOMDnG.png

kDQ0tL8.png

Why does Sakura have a plushie of herself? Why is it so cute? Is this somehow Tomoyo's doing? And where can I get one?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura 27

*Kero-chan gazes ominously into the distance and mutters "Yue…"*
*cut to a shot of Mizuki-sensei standing mysteriously in the night*

Gee, I wonder how kid me might have got the idea these characters are the same?! -.-

But enough about Mizuki-sensei, let's focus on the questions that really matter.

9UdKLRi.png
qzOMDnG.png

kDQ0tL8.png

Why does Sakura have a plushie of herself? Why is it so cute? Is this somehow Tomoyo's doing? And where can I get one?

I don't watch this show but that's some next level narcissism

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
When your headcanon turns out to be actually canon (I don't watch CCS).
Tomoyo is obsessed with Sakura to the point that she follows her around everywhere with a video camera :P

which reminds me I should get around to watching my CCS set at some point... even though i am hoping that funimation buys up the home rights from NisA and does a dub that matches their current dub because there isn't a good dub of CCS out there.

OP
OP
BGBW

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Who is that? I don't get the joke.
Kirari Moroboshi (諸星きらり Moroboshi Kirari?) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls. She is voiced by Rei Matsuzaki (松嵜麗 Matsuzaki Rei?). While she is currently working at an unnamed talent agency in Cinderella Girls and SHINY FESTA, she is affiliated with 346 Production in the anime.

Character Description
Kirari is a hyperactive, tall Passion category idol. She became one of the more popular Cinderella Girls immediately for her infectious energy and humorous quirks. She delights in spreading her own brand of madness into ordinary life, or as she calls it, "Kirarin Power☆". Kirari speaks rather fast and tends to pepper her speech with nonsense words in general, but the ones she's most known for is "nyowa☆", "Happy-Happy.", and "Puu-Puu."

Kirari is the tallest female THE iDOLM@STER character, even taller than the Takagis and some of the male idols, and continues to grow taller after training. Kirari started at 182 cm, and grew to 183 in her plus form. By the time she got to the SR+ stage, she grew to a towering 185 cm. As of her most recent cards since then, Kirari has grown to an astounding 186.2 cm. A communication in Starlight Stage has her claim that her height makes her uncute, which is why she started to wear her infectiously cute clothes. However, she gets over her hesitance once she starts to grow as an idol, and becomes proud of her height. She claims she can grow even bigger with the love of her fans.

She acts as an older sister to Miria Akagi and Rika Jougasaki (alongside Mika Jougasaki and Mio Honda) in the Passion Jewelries drama, and in the anime. She's also seen carrying Nina Ichihara around on her back in the PV for Onegai! Cinderella. A running theme among all of her idol outfits is to be very colorful, very accessorized and often with a donut glued to them somewhere.

She was frequently portrayed in fanworks with a special attachment to Anzu Futaba due to their tiny slothful girl/huge hyperactive girl juxtaposition. This has since become canon throughout the franchise. They even have a duet of Onegai! Cinderella in a CD that is otherwise separated by same-type trios and are frequently pictured together in the Onegai! Cinderella Anniversary PV. They also have cards that, when placed side-by-side, reveal they are two halves of a greater illustration. In the anime, they were given a special variety show corner called "Ankiranking", and in Starlight Stage they have a unit event and song as HappyHappyTwin.

tl:dr: she's tall.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Konohana Kitan END

Generally a lot more emotionally affecting than it had any right to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.