• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
W'z Episode 5 & 6

Masataka and Gai have the best relationship. Really well done.
tumblr_pmbkccQzgx1wfazcjo3_500.gif

tumblr_pmbkccQzgx1wfazcjo4_540.gif

Boyfriends stargazing and bonding over their love of mountains and stargazing was great especially with the backstory of both of them being kind of abandoned by the others cause of it.

The girl x girl fight was pretty amazing, they are also sweet and canon and makes one hope they can still stay together even when they will be separated by distance.

Finally bringing back Masaru for an epic PreMemo fight was awesome. Like he even did the whole summoning again.
tumblr_pmp14xPfLn1scr8d9o4_540.gif

Kind of know the type of outcome but still, cant just hope that some how Rigel Pile and Betelguese Pile will find someway to win. Theyre still the best.
D10m2e_XQAE9W51.jpg:small
D10m40QX4AAnT0o.jpg:small

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
La Tomatina (Spanish pronunciation: [la tomaˈtina]) is a festival that is held in the Valencian town of Buñol, in the East of Spain 30 kilometres (19 mi) from the Mediterranean, in which participants throw tomatoes and get involved in a tomato fight purely for entertainment purposes. Since 1945 it has been held on the last Wednesday of August, during a week of festivities in Buñol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good sci-fi/fantasy adventure show available on Crunchyroll? Something like Gridman. Would Mob Psycho fit that niche?

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Can we talk about gen:LOCK in here since it's on Crunchyroll now? :P

It's top tier mecha "anime" and I would highly recommend it. It does so many things right: great mech designs, great cast, tackling the actual complexities of the whole "mind-meld robot control" that most shows take for granted. The animation and VA are rock solid. No overdone tropes here and great cast diversity too.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Bokurano 1-4

This is pretty fantastic after just a few episodes. I can tell this is going to get incredibly depressing. Nothing like giving middle schoolers existential crises while forcing them to protect the Earth in a giant robot that kills them. The spinning chair selections feels like it's going to be dread inducing.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
So the most amazing thing just happened on Toonami:

Sword Art Online was so dumb it broke itself

Oct 25, 2017

It's top tier mecha "anime" and I would highly recommend it. It does so many things right: great mech designs, great cast, tackling the actual complexities of the whole "mind-meld robot control" that most shows take for granted. The animation and VA are rock solid. No overdone tropes here and great cast diversity too.

How does it compare to neo new Voltron?

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017

People should watch it if only for the rude Scottish bunny girl.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama - 10

I love me some continuation in my comedies and this show delivers on that front. Loved the ridiculous love advice talks.

But, uhm, Shinomiya didn't touch her lips in the previous episode? So either he made that up or he actually touched her lips before he fell asleep. The editing seemed to imply that he immediately fell asleep due to exhaustion but technically, we do just have a cut to him being asleep, rather than being shown when he actually fell asleep. So, I guess we were intentionally not shown everything?

Fujiwara seems to act a tad "too random" at times for my taste, as seemed to be the case this episode.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yeah man sun and moon is awesome. god i wish there was an official jpn release day and date, netflix only has the english dub and only like the first... i dunno, 50 episodes or whatever

Love is War 10
That first chapter was my favourite, it started stalling about halfway through but brought it around to the point where they were basically doing

hqdefault.jpg

but with cake. not the strongest punchline to that one but it was fun getting there

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019

Damn, you beat me to it. Series has been making stupid amounts of money and signing lots of marketing deals and crossovers stuff with mobile games of all sorts including having its own. Not surprised it got a second season, just surprised that it got announced NOW and not after the episode on Monday.

That was quick.

Please let Kaguya-sama get confirmed just as quickly.

Who knows. I read somewhere that romcoms RARELY get second seasons, but can't recall why, but I hope that this proves to be the exception.

Last edited:

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama - 10

I love me some continuation in my comedies and this show delivers on that front. Loved the ridiculous love advice talks.

But, uhm, Shinomiya didn't touch her lips in the previous episode? So either he made that up or he actually touched her lips before he fell asleep. The editing seemed to imply that he immediately fell asleep due to exhaustion but technically, we do just have a cut to him being asleep, rather than being shown when he actually fell asleep. So, I guess we were intentionally not shown everything?

Fujiwara seems to act a tad "too random" at times for my taste, as seemed to be the case this episode.

As far as I'm aware, the only emphasis that it's shown is when her lips are the focal point of one shot. Other than that, it's never shown. So either it happened, or Shirogane realized what he needed to do.

In any case, seeing what happened at the end of that, Ishigami probably hit the nail on the head with his description. Although he (indirectly) called her the worst girl which isn't true.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In any case, seeing what happened at the end of that, Ishigami probably hit the nail on the head with his description. Although he (indirectly) called her the worst girl which isn't true.
He redeemed himself by stopping the true worst character from spoiling their summer vacation

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
It was bound to happen

Given how much money the series prints for all parties involved...yes. Yes it was. Just...I was saying that they'd have one ready by this fall again in jest hoping that maybe we'd get something in at least a good year or two. That it would actually happen and be set to release so soon is kind of wild. Still really hope they OVA the skipped stuff since it's all important material to the upcoming arcs and actually fleshed out a lot of characters and builds up the world more.

Surprised this hasn't been posted here, the 2nd PV for Fire Force is out, looks amazing!

https://twitter.com/fireforceanime/status/1107250477769482243?s=21

Can't wait to see certain moments from the manga adapted.

That looks dope as fuck. I still have a bunch of volumes I got from the recent Kodansha bundle I need to read.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Bokurano 5-12

This has been absolutely fantastic. How the hell have I never heard anyone talk about this show before? It reminds me of a bit about Evangelion but I don't hate it.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends 48

So money does exist in the Aikatsu world. I'm sure it's been brought up earlier, but I can't recall it ever being this big a deal. Honey Cat needs funding for their world tour of course. But why did they not look for sponsorships earlier? Love Me Tear and Pure Palette presumably have international companies paying them for the privilege of traveling to promote their products. Honey Cat isn't as big a deal as them, but they're still big enough names that they shouldn't have trouble finding some if they looked. Would've preferred that route instead of getting on a cat food company's good side by chance.

Syrinx

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends 48

So money does exist in the Aikatsu world. I'm sure it's been brought up earlier, but I can't recall it ever being this big a deal. Honey Cat needs funding for their world tour of course. But why did they not look for sponsorships earlier? Love Me Tear and Pure Palette presumably have international companies paying them for the privilege of traveling to promote their products. Honey Cat isn't as big a deal as them, but they're still big enough names that they shouldn't have trouble finding some if they looked. Would've preferred that route instead of getting on a cat food company's good side by chance.
There was that time in Stars where the headmaster almost bankrupted the school and Lily had to save it.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this can happen, maybe Spice and Wolf season 3 can happen.

With the difference that oregairu is one of the most popular LN for quite some time and Spice and Wolf ended for years already. Besides the fact that one is published by Shogakukan and other by Kadokawa, along having different producers so a pretty different case as it is with every anime.

That was quick.

Please let Kaguya-sama get confirmed just as quickly.

Damn, you beat me to it. Series has been making stupid amounts of money and signing lots of marketing deals and crossovers stuff with mobile games of all sorts including having its own. Not surprised it got a second season, just surprised that it got announced NOW and not after the episode on Monday.

Who knows. I read somewhere that romcoms RARELY get second seasons, but can't recall why, but I hope that this proves to be the exception.
It was bound to happen

I don't believe that this season season happened because of the first season. To me, this second season is much like Overlord where the third season was already being made but they only announced later for marketing reasons. This is the same here, even more because the time to animate a second season for 2020 is pretty much impossible if you don't want a mess to be launched... there's not even time for pre-production and production so I'll guess that both the first and second seasons were planned and made since the beginning with the plan to launch the second season later on instead of launching everything together.

Because typically they get adapted into a live-action, instead of getting a S2, as that would guarantee a a wider audience of viewers.

It's also one of the reasons for why there's less shoujo and josei romance adaptations as those most of the times get live action movies or dramas in Japan/South Korea.

Dec 28, 2018
While I prefer Soul Eater the Fire Force manga is fine from what I've read so far. Anime previews for it are looking pretty good so I'll probably give it a watch.
Can't say I'm looking forward to seeing Tamaki in animated form however. Her lewd shtick got old fast and was just obnoxious in the manga and I can't help but feel it'll be depicted even worse in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.