• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Monster 1-6
Why the fuck is this so unsettling. And why did I always postpone watching this

Kaguya-sama: Love is War 2-3
Episode 2 was decent, got a few chuckles out of me. Episode 3 on the other hand was fantastic, loved every second of it.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Kemurikusa got a (deserved) big bump from episode 11 on Amazon's charts.

Meanwhile Kemono Friends 2 looks primed to have one of the biggest s1->s2 sales drops ever.

After 3-4 episodes I dropped out. I cannot be convinced that show is any good as long as that guy is there cause he ruined the whole vibe to me.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Shield Hero 11

You know if people continue to treat Shield hero like shit after what he did to that boss monster in this episode I'll lose it. I mean his weapon is a shield yet he somehow traps the monster in a chain ball then summons a massive Iron Maiden to crush the monster and the clearly powerful lady shows up and only recognizes his power yet all the others can do is call him a cheat and sneer.

Also god damn Filo is a fucking strong chicken.

The "Shield Hero is garbage" storyline continues until about chapter 32 of the manga. I'm behind on the show, but judging from this you're on chapter 18 or so. If they're smart, they'll stretch this out and actually finish the anime with the end of this arc, given how many episodes are left.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 11

You know if people continue to treat Shield hero like shit after what he did to that boss monster in this episode I'll lose it. I mean his weapon is a shield yet he somehow traps the monster in a chain ball then summons a massive Iron Maiden to crush the monster and the clearly powerful lady shows up and only recognizes his power yet all the others can do is call him a cheat and sneer.

Also god damn Filo is a fucking strong chicken.
nice birb

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I doubt Tanaka will be AD on Weathering with You, since he wasn't AD on Your Name either (except on the OP sequence). It's more likely that Nagai's new film will be the more hands-on production for him.
Please, correct me if I'm misremembering something, but Mr. Shinkai's intention was to carry over into Your Name. their collaboration in the CROSS ROAD animated CM with the same roles. However, prior obligations of Mr. Tanaka resulted in too tight of a schedule to accomplish such general animation supervision endeavour, so it didn't happen to the degree they initially wanted. I think that trying to extrapolate from very punctual circumstances like those into this new situation might not be apt. It depends on variables not yet revealed, so could go either way as far as I know.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
So Maiden Japan is releasing Basquash! Giant robots playing basketball. But no dub?

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Promised Neverland 11 and such
So they sliced off their ears. Didn't expect that. Has had some really strange scenes here and there. Scenes trying to be distressing or unnerving. Like the close up shots of the baby plushie. Entirely ineffectual. This show hasn't actually managed to send chills down my spine, once. I am enjoying it a lot for other reasons, however. No problems with the hyper-competence. Last episode next week? Hoped for a bit more.

Oct 25, 2017
Kakegurui XX 11

giphy.gif

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Is girls and planes worth watching? watched the first 2eps at the start of the season, it was boooring and looked baaaad.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Bang Dream S2 12

Looks like the Circle Quintet is getting back together. Just not at Circle. Marina is probably dead inside. Nice way to wrap up the loose ends and hard feelings everyone might have. RIP Chispa though. Rokka was in the same vicinity of CHU2. So close yet so far. Unlucky CHU2 got dunked on by both Yukina and Tae this season. At least Tae managed to put RAS behind her. Nice song signalling Popipa's return. The finale is gonna be hype with all bands and all new songs.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Re Zero: 6-7

I love this show so much. Episode 7 was incredibly brutal to watch.

Rem dying, and Subaru having the resolve to finally figure out what is going on with him is really fun to watch. Subaru's ability of never really dying and the whole checkpoint thing sounds almost like a curse. Him not getting killed by Rem meant that Rem died instead. It sounds like there's almost this equivalent exchange where if Subaru doesn't die someone else does. In episodes 1-4 the old man died in both the case where Subaru died the first time and the second time, but he still died the third time when Emilia should up instead of the one who came for the insignia. Wonder if those 2 instances are connected somehow

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Is girls and planes worth watching? watched the first 2eps at the start of the season, it was boooring and looked baaaad.
There's two shows about girls and planes.

Girl Air Force: Harem trash skip it.
Kotobuki: Doesn't look too great during the characters talking to each other moments but the watching the planes dogfight is where the real meat of the show is. The comedy is pretty ok too.

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero Episode 11 (engdub)

Pretty epic episode, we got Motoyasu and Naofumi back to back at one point, then we got all the guys taking on a common foe after Naofumi showed us the most epic hi-ougi in the entire show. Amazing.

I love the visual flare they give to the progression tree for Naofumi.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
This thing.

TLDR: Dude writes an article about anime where Nazis get their ass kicked, someone on the MAL staff gets really angry about it and so they rewrite it to remove all harsh language as well as adding a 'positive' example of a Nazi soldier. You can't make this shit up.

Wow. That's fucked up. Off Topic, but in the spirit of that topic, here are some contributions extolling Mr. Baron's intended message.

C2-C4m3UAAAPl1H.jpg

captain-america-2.jpg

DHHD5XZXoAAvoum.jpg

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Code Geass 15
So Mao made a contract at age 6. Why? Why did CC agree to that? Why make a contract with a child? That makes no sense. Also the Britanian lady has conveniently lost her memory. I wonder how this'll play out? I bet Ohgi is going to turncoat on Zero soon.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Silent Voice

Fantastic movie. The manga is already really good and they improved on the it IMO.

Nah. The manga is a masterpiece. The movie is great though.

There's two shows about girls and planes.

Girl Air Force: Harem trash skip it.
Kotobuki: Doesn't look too great during the characters talking to each other moments but the watching the planes dogfight is where the real meat of the show is. The comedy is pretty ok too.

Harem is just a characteristic with many romantic interests bruh, not some kind of genre. And there's many good and great series with this aspect either way so it's not harem trash.

But yeah, Girl Air Force is bad.

Chinese Kancolle looking nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I a complete degenerate for finding Domekano to be the most enjoyable show from this season so far

Its trashy and emotional and just stupid and I love it

The music elevates everything so much too

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
5 Sis 11
Ichika best girl so far. I don't understand why Itsuki and Uesagi aren't talking to each other. All the explanations do far make no sense. But let's be honest, this show is painfully average and I know it. To expect more characterisation than in getting is silly. I did at least enjoy this episode for what it was.

Code Geass 16
Speaking of silly... There's a lot of points along the way of this episode where I could have stopped and screamed into the void. But I chose to drink my beer and keep silently accepting everything I was seeing. The fun reveal, though, that Suzaku is an even bigger idiot than I thought he was is a nice reveal.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Code Geass 16
Speaking of silly... There's a lot of points along the way of this episode where I could have stopped and screamed into the void. But I chose to drink my beer and keep silently accepting everything I was seeing. The fun reveal, though, that Suzaku is an even bigger idiot than I thought he was is a nice reveal.

Yep, this is exactly the reaction we all expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.