• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
This thing.

TLDR: Dude writes an article about anime where Nazis get their ass kicked, someone on the MAL staff gets really angry about it and so they rewrite it to remove all harsh language as well as adding a 'positive' example of a Nazi soldier. You can't make this shit up.
Isn't MAL already got bought by other company since then tho..

but w/e bet if you browse the forums you still get the incel colony trash

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Code Geass 17
Huh. And I thought this entire time that Zero knew who the Lancelot pilot was after rescuing Suzaku from execution. Oh well.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Hi Score Girl 13

I give Haruo too much credit (I never gave him any credit) and not enough flak. Then again, it's not that I don't entirely understand how he feels.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Nah. The manga is a masterpiece. The movie is great though.

Harem is just a characteristic with many romantic interests bruh, not some kind of genre. And there's many good and great series with this aspect either way so it's not harem trash.

But yeah, Girl Air Force is bad.

Chinese Kancolle looking nice.

I mean, the manga is not a masterpiece, but w/e.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Gaming side reminded me the P5A final OVA or whatever is tomorrow.

Isn't MAL already got bought by other company since then tho..

but w/e bet if you browse the forums you still get the incel colony trash

DeNA owned it then and iirc mal db/news people were quick to point the issue came from the DeNA side of things

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I can't quite put a finger on the origin of your avatar and it bothers me ... Is it Kancolle or some mobage ?

Re Zero: 6-7

I love this show so much. Episode 7 was incredibly brutal to watch.

Rem dying, and Subaru having the resolve to finally figure out what is going on with him is really fun to watch. Subaru's ability of never really dying and the whole checkpoint thing sounds almost like a curse. Him not getting killed by Rem meant that Rem died instead. It sounds like there's almost this equivalent exchange where if Subaru doesn't die someone else does. In episodes 1-4 the old man died in both the case where Subaru died the first time and the second time, but he still died the third time when Emilia should up instead of the one who came for the insignia. Wonder if those 2 instances are connected somehow

That arc was good stuff. Peak really IIRC, so do enjoy it, cause it declines after it as far as I'm concerned, other than that one amazeballs episode later on.

---------------

Thunderbolt Fantasy Young Bard Adventures Movie:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ew-video-work-centered-on-lang-wu-yao/.144833

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Ray's reaction in the second half of yesterday's Neverland ep was too good.

giphy.gif

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Code Geass 18, 19
Well, the first episode was good but I couldn't make sense of the second. Am I meant to understand how they all survived the missile and cannon fire? Is there a C1 as well as a C2 or was she just talking to herself?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I can't quite put a finger on the origin of your avatar and it bothers me ... Is it Kancolle or some mobage ?

That arc was good stuff. Peak really IIRC, so do enjoy it, cause it declines after it as far as I'm concerned, other than that one amazeballs episode later on.

---------------

Thunderbolt Fantasy Young Bard Adventures Movie:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ew-video-work-centered-on-lang-wu-yao/.144833

If that's the peak I guess I'm not missing anything.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017

This seems way more promising than I had anticipated when this was first announced. Somehow, I must've missed that Masaomi Andou is directing Astra Lost in Space; Andou is most well known as the director of School-Live! (Gakkou Gurashi!) and Scum's Wish (Kuzu no Honkai).

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017

This seems way more promising than I had anticipated when this was first announced. Somehow, I must've missed that Masaomi Andou is directing Astra Lost in Space; Andou is most well known as the director of School-Live! (Gakkou Gurashi!) and Scum's Wish (Kuzu no Honkai).

The PV doesn't really tell us anything though.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Gaming side reminded me the P5A final OVA or whatever is tomorrow.

DeNA owned it then and iirc mal db/news people were quick to point the issue came from the DeNA side of things

I'm sure it will be the same quality as the rest of the show. Won't be a rushed mess at all no sir.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
smiles was . . . ugh

should have dropped this at ep 2

I wouldn't have minded it, if there were any concequences for the actions people took. Everything is just magically fixed in a few months and our Princess and her retainers are just frockling along with the people that murdered the people important to them and raped their land in an unjustified and unprovoked war. They even make a big deal out of Yuki taking responsiblity for nuking the planet, but then nothing happens to her, when execution would have been more likely.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
CR annual price jumping $20 is disappointing but idk maybe expected. Should bring back the cheap black friday subs at least.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, this looks really interesting. And so colourful, too!
As someone who has the read the manga, I can confirm that it's good shit. While Promised Neverland got more attention from the recent batch of jump series, I personally prefer Dr. Stone (especially since where the promised Neverland kind of starts dropping in quality, Dr. Stone is continuing to go up imo)

Oct 25, 2017
CR annual price jumping $20 is disappointing but idk maybe expected. Should bring back the cheap black friday subs at least.
but they laid people off, restructued to reduce redundancies, joined the AT&T and Warner Network, how in the world do they need to increase prices is beyond me. Its not even like they robust always available site access with unprecedented levels of downtime to even warrant the price for infrastructure. Terrible.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As someone who has the read the manga, I can confirm that it's good shit. While Promised Neverland got more attention from the recent batch of jump series, I personally prefer Dr. Stone (especially since where the promised Neverland kind of starts dropping in quality, Dr. Stone is continuing to go up imo)
I can't tell 100% from the summary, but it doesn't seem like the more typical shonen formula I'm so used to. Glad to see confirmation. Something to look forward to. Actually seems like there's a bunch of new shows/franchises popping up during the summer season.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell 100% from the summary, but it doesn't seem like the more typical shonen formula I'm so used to. Glad to see confirmation. Something to look forward to. Actually seems like there's a bunch of new shows/franchises popping up during the summer season.
It really isn't. It's more of an adventure show based around SCIENCE then anything, and while fights do happen they're pretty rare, and even a lot of "action" scenes are more atypical and not fight based

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have minded it, if there were any concequences for the actions people took. Everything is just magically fixed in a few months and our Princess and her retainers are just frockling along with the people that murdered the people important to them and raped their land in an unjustified and unprovoked war. They even make a big deal out of Yuki taking responsiblity for nuking the planet, but then nothing happens to her, when execution would have been more likely.

well, her retainers have all been dying throughout the show

but yea, it's really dumb. i'm don't think execution is a realistic thing though, she basically ended a war and saved the planet

my opinion was basically already formed before this ep, it's not like you can do much with only one ep left, but that ceiling drop sealed the deal for me

the few likeable characters gone, the unlikeable ones living happy, blergh

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It really isn't. It's more of an adventure show based around SCIENCE then anything, and while fights do happen they're pretty rare, and even a lot of "action" scenes are more atypical and not fight based
Yeah, the SCIENCE part mixed with perhaps-not-so-mad-scientist trying to jump start society is what lead me to believe that this would be unconventional. Also the character designs!
It gets old and stale fast, hence why it has failed to grow since it started. anime looks like the last ditch effort to save the series before it has a premature end.

Sad my fav character didnt make it into the pv. :(
Why'd you have to fill my heart with sorrow?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the SCIENCE part mixed with perhaps-not-so-mad-scientist trying to jump start society is what lead me to believe that this would be unconventional. Also the character designs!

Why'd you have to fill my heart with sorrow?
A reminder that DTL has very unconventional tastes and is definitely not representive of the average AnimeEra user

Dec 28, 2018
Anime Preview for Dr Stone looks okay, art is pretty good, doubt it'll be much of a juggernaut in the animation department but that's fine, and Yuzuriha appears to look more human here so that's good as well. Still stand by that Dr Stone is some hot garbage partly because of its terrible female designs, easily some of the worst in recent years. Hope the anime can make the other female characters look less like aliens as well.

That's looking real good can't wait to watch it.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anime Preview for Dr Stone looks okay, art is pretty good, doubt it'll be much of a juggernaut in the animation department but that's fine, and Yuzuriha appears to look more human here so that's good as well. Still stand by that Dr Stone is some hot garbage partly because of its terrible female designs, easily some of the worst in recent years. Hope the anime can make the other female characters look less like aliens as well.

That's looking real good can't wait to watch it.
It'd be pretty hard to be an animation juggernaut with the character designs they went with in fairness. They look great, but highly detailed character don't lend themselves well to fantastic animation

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell 100% from the summary, but it doesn't seem like the more typical shonen formula I'm so used to

I mean, people have their own definitions but to me both of these seem "very shounen" to me. They're just so hyper about everything (The Promised Neverland takes a while to get to that point, of course). The main characters are constantly screaming their ideals while everyone around them can't help but comment on their supreme smartness 24/7. Feels like everything from battle shounen is still kind of there even if actual fights aren't that frequent.

Dec 28, 2018
It'd be pretty hard to be an animation juggernaut with the character designs they went with in fairness. They look great, but highly detailed character don't lend themselves well to fantastic animation
While I do prefer more fluid animation I don't think I'll mind if the animation is average or a bit stiff here because of how good the art is. And Yuzuriha design looks better in the anime than in the manga from what I can tell. So that makes me hopeful that the other female characters look better here as well. And if that does end up being the case I'll be right back on the Dr. Stone like before. I like this series but man those female designs are just ugh.J

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean, people have their own definitions but to me both of these seem "very shounen" to me. They're just so hyper about everything (The Promised Neverland takes a while to get to that point, of course). The main characters are constantly screaming their ideals while everyone around them can't help but comment on their supreme smartness 24/7. Feels like everything from battle shounen is still kind of there even if actual fights aren't that frequent.
Ah, well I'll temper my expectations as I go into it. It just seemed like it would be unique, but I suppose that might be a trap. Any reasons why authors are so inclined to follow a particular formula in the first place? Because it has been proved to be successful?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, well I'll temper my expectations as I go into it. It just seemed like it would be unique, but I suppose that might be a trap. Any reasons why authors are so inclined to follow a particular formula in the first place? Because it has been proved to be successful?

People imitate what they like and what works.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have a suspicion that editors and publishers also sometimes push them to a certain direction, but that may just be laying the blame on someone else. Have seen enough oddities here and there to make me doubt the inherent influence of non-authors. Likely fans are far more likely to influence an author from what I've seen in some interviews (disposal of fan favourite characters).

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that the chemistry/science angle certainly is a unique aspect to it. But still, it's somewhat comparable to people calling Shokugeki no Soma a Cooking Battle Shounen. Story and character are all pretty simple and over the top.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Also keep in mind that Dr. Stone is a bit weak in the character department during the first arc. It gets way better in the second arc, though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dr. Stone isn't a Battle Shonen at all. And we all know that romance, romcom, comedy, mystery and other genres from shonen demography don't have those all the time. It also depends on the magazine it's serialized and even more if it's weekly (which is more for teenagers and children) and monthly (which is more for teenagers and young adults). For example, in Shonen Jump the manga have their own style and they generally won't be very realistic in many aspects independent of the genre because that's how it's the intention, unlike in Shonen Magazine, where you'll have more down to earth manga like Koe no Katachi, Domestic na Kanojo, Kimi no Iru machi, Runway de Waratte and other series.

Influence, what works more on the magazine and what the public of it likes more, what they want to work with, suggestions. It has dozens of motives and it differs from each person.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Been watching the Quints dub, this is going full Love Hina, isn't it?
I mean, kinda.

I find the whole "we made a promise when we were kids" cliche in romance stories to be EXTREMELY played out and frustrating. Kids make a lot of stupid promises, I once promised my best friend that we were gonna be cowboy astronaut millionaires.

I kinda hope that he discovers that one of the Quints is his childhood friend and yet realizes that that shit doesn't matter and he ends up with somebody else. Japan as a whole seems to love the concept of the red string of fate though...

Status
Not open for further replies.