• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeshield 21 49-63

Goddamn what a great arc/match this was. That little ending twist was something I didn't expect. Also by far the longest match in the series so far, it actually felt like a full game for once rather than the highlights. Seeing them come up with ways to get past their heights was greats. Also it made me google how tall Sena is and I learned I'm the same height and I perfectly understand how daunting that kind of height difference can be. Just in general life, cause like hell would I play football. Hopefully the next match is just as good.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
While it took me a moment, it's Domestic Girlfriend. Though it doesn't really apply since they aren't bl... wait a minute. Almost got me there, anime devil.

oh, yea, i bailed on that after a literal 30 seconds and then forgot about it lol

siblings isn't the first thing that comes to mind when i think of it, so i never would have guessed that

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization 24

well, fuck
this was intense episode, and holy cow at the cliffhanger.

who are those guys? smoking cigarettes? are they from that dark guild Laughing Coffin? did asuna logged in?
they told him to lower the acceleration to 1000 so he can have time, but they cut the power, please tell me next episode is next week, please

The first part of Alicization ended today with this season, now the next one will continue in October with more 24 episodes to adapt the rest of the arc which are volumes 15 to 18 (while this first part adapted v9, v10, v11, v12, v13 and v14). Which should get a better adaptation than this one as there's less volumes to adapt so not as much cut of information, development, worldbuilding and other things, or rushing through the material. It also helps that after volume 14 it'll be very fighting focused in many of the times.

And yeah, they ended in the cliffhanger of the volume 14. lol But the strange part was how it ended with the ED as if there was a new episode coming the other week.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
The first part of Alicization ended today with this season, now the next one will continue in October with more 24 episodes to adapt the rest of the arc which are volumes 15 to 18 (while this first part adapted v9, v10, v11, v12, v13 and v14). Which should get a better adaptation than this one as there's less volumes to adapt so not as much cut of information, development, worldbuilding and other things, or rushing through the material. It also helps that after volume 14 it'll be very fighting focused in many of the times.

And yeah, they ended in the cliffhanger of the volume 14. lol But the strange part was how it ended with the ED as if there was a new episode coming the other week.
so, we have to wait 6 months for the next episodes? wow
is the LN ended? or there is more?

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so, we have to wait 6 months for the next episodes? wow
is the LN ended? or there is more?

Yeah, ep 24 was the end of this season. Then we'll get 6 months of break and the story will continue with the second part of Alicization called SAO Alicization: War of the Underworld (it's the title of second part) since it's a split cour of 24 episodes.

And as for the LN, no, it didn't end. The SAO main series in fact began it's first original arc in december of last year with Unital Ring arc in volume 21 as the LN since 2009 was adapting the content of what was wrote by Kawahara between 2002 and 2008 in his site as a webnovel so everything that was adapted to anime later on. Alicization arc in that case originally began in 2005 and ended in 2008, while Alicization arc in the LN began in 2012 and ended in 2016.

Last edited:

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
oh, yea, i bailed on that after a literal 30 seconds and then forgot about it lol

siblings isn't the first thing that comes to mind when i think of it, so i never would have guessed that

Well when you think about it shes already in your home before or after you were born!

Total sense!

I am dying inside

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, ep 24 was the end of this season. Then we'll get two seasons of break and the story will continue with the second part of Alicization called SAO Alicization: War of the Underworld (it's the title of second part).

And as for the LN, no, it didn't end. The SAO main series in fact began it's first original arc in december of last year with Unital Ring arc in volume 21 as the LN since 2009 was adapting the content of what was wrote by Kawahara between 2002 and 2008 in his site as a webnovel so everything that was adapted to anime later on. Alicization arc in that case originally began in 2005 and ended in 2008, while Alicization arc in the LN began in 2012 and ended in 2016.
and War of the Underworld arc finished in 2016 too?

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and War of the Underworld arc finished in 2016 too?

Yeah, War of the Underworld is just the title of this part of the arc but it's also part of Alicization as the arc is huge (it's from volume 9 to volume 18 after all, so 10 volumes). In the original, it ended in 2008 and in the LN, it ended in 2016. Everything on this arc in the anime adaptation will end in march of 2020.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, War of the Underworld is just the title of this part of the arc but it's also part of Alicization as the arc is huge (it's from volume 9 to volume 18 after all, so 10 volumes). In the original, it ended in 2008 and in the LN, it ended in 2016. Everything on this arc in the anime adaptation will end in march of 2020.
The original is what Kawahara wrote? Before the light novel?
I don't have big info on managa, but i thought light novels comes first then managa or anime.
So there is something before the light novel?

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have big info on managa, but i thought light novels comes first then managa or anime.
Yeah web novels. Light novels are web novels that are edited and published.

There's little point to reference the web novel when the light novel has already been released tbh, just makes it more confusing for everyone.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah web novels. Light novels are web novels that are edited and published.

There's little point to reference the web novel when the light novel has already been released tbh, just makes it more confusing for everyone.
web novel, oh, just like web comics for some people, like ONE with his web comic.

thanks.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, what came before the Light Novel was a web novel. Kawahara originally wrote SAO for the Dengeki Bunko Award but he didn't submit it as it had more pages than the award can accept, so to not lose the material, he created a site and then published the story there which was Aincrad (which is also the reason why original Aincrad is so short as it has only 1 volume in the LN, and why he created the Progressive series on LN to make it better). Then, because people liked it, he continued to write it and publish on his site with Fairy Dance, Phantom Bullet, side stories for Aincrad, side stories like Mother Rosario and then Alicization, which is where the web novel ended in 2008 and is when he got the Dengeki Bunko Award for Accel World. In the same year, Accel World was accepted to be published and after reading SAO, his editor also picked the series to be published by Kadokawa. So in 2009, both Accel World and SAO began in the beginning of the year in Light Novel format and in SAO case, those stories of the web novel were adapted to this new format until 2018 which is where Kawahara began to actually write a new arc for the main SAO series since 2008 when he ended Alicization.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO: Alicization 24

Man I got a bit emotional with everything that happened. Absolutely kills me that future episodes won't have Eugeo in them. Him and Kirito together carried the show. Also what a cliffhanger if this is going on break.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama 12

Good end for a good show. Lots of funny with enough romantic bits scattered throughout. Would watch a second season.

Aikatsu Friends 50

Minor fight that Aine and Mio could've resolved on their own. But the Aikatsu industry is ruthless in its efforts to sell tickets for everything. I thought Karen was the crafty one, but it's Mirai that really knows how to exploit the suffering of others. But just ending on a whimper. The finale was 8 episodes ago, and they've just been killing time since then. But oh boy that cliffhanger. Moving onto high school and idols in space? Well that's one way to get me interested.

So that was Friends season 1. It's Aikatsu, which makes it enjoyable enough. But it's easily one of the weakest seasons between the Friends gimmick being weak and the characters not really standing out. Mio was great, and Maika, Mirai, and Kaguya were alright. But if we were moving on I wouldn't miss them all that much. I'd say I'm not looking forward to next season, but they've got some attention-grabbers, so that can easily change.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, what came before the Light Novel was a web novel. Kawahara originally wrote SAO for the Dengeki Bunko Award but he didn't submit it as it had more pages than the award can accept, so to not lose the material, he created a site and then published the story there which was Aincrad (which is also the reason why original Aincrad is so short as it has only 1 volume in the LN, and why he created the Progressive series on LN to make it better). Then, because people liked it, he continued to write it and publish on his site with Fairy Dance, Phantom Bullet, side stories for Aincrad, side stories like Mother Rosario and then Alicization, which is where the web novel ended in 2008 and is when he got the Dengeki Bunko Award for Accel World. In the same year, Accel World was accepted to be published and after reading SAO, his editor also picked the series to be published by Kadokawa. So in 2009, both Accel World and SAO began in the beginning of the year in Light Novel format and in SAO case, those stories of the web novel were adapted to this new format until 2018 which is where Kawahara began to actually write a new arc for the main SAO series since 2008 when he ended Alicization.
oh damn, so that's why the game SAO X Accel World existed, this is really nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Hinomaru Zumou 24 END

Great ending, wonder if we'll get more, but it was intense and incredibly strong anime second half especially.

glad it did spark some fandom activity

Dont know where to continue the manga from.

Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney Season 2 Episode 23 END

Well it had its ups and downs, definitely the train case was my favorite followed by the backstory arc(s). Really nice development of Naruhodo-kun and friends.

All of the OP and ED music was phenomenal.

Best ED

Best OP

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Kaguya is really good. Probably upper half in my year end anime list.

What is Sarazanmai going to be streaming on? Need to plan my next season.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question on My Score girl

Why Akira is always mute on all episodes she appears, on the latest one she was about to talk but was interrupted

OP
OP
Printer Paper 8 X 11
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya is really good. Probably upper half in my year end anime list.

What is Sarazanmai going to be streaming on? Need to plan my next season.
It's this seasons show for the noitaminA block in Japan, previously the noitaminA Block had a western streaming deal with Amazon that occured 2ish years ago. But either the deal ended or something else occurred since Neverland this season is the first noitaminA Block show to not be exclusive to Amazon Prime (I don't think it is even on Prime at all). So who's streaming will all depend who picks up the rights for it which most likley won't be known for another two+ weeks.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Question on My Score girl

Why Akira is always mute on all episodes she appears, on the latest one she was about to talk but was interrupted

its just a show thing. the show implies that she talks normally, they just don't want to actually have her voice on the show because... well, who knows. probably the author thought it was funny and then it stuck.

it's honestly probably the most annoying part about hi score girl because it makes a lot of scenes become a weird monologue

Oct 25, 2017
Morose Mononokean Season 2 Episode 13

Omg I cant believe Haruitsuki has to live with this truth now and hide it from Ashiya and then I cried just cause Ashiya thinks his father is nice and such but is ruthless and also that Aoi disguised himself as his father and now he has no clue how he really was. What a sad ending. Like :(

Beautiful continuation. Definitely AOTY material again.

Ending was great

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Hinomaruzumou 24 (end)

This series was... All right I guess. Enjoyable enough, but I didn't really care for most of the main characters really. I didn't find the fights that interesting to watch either even though they take up a lot of the runtime.

Oct 25, 2017
Sword Art Online Alicization 24
tumblr_pp71sl5i4J1v6bs4yo7_540.gif

tumblr_pp71sl5i4J1v6bs4yo8_540.gif

True Love, childhood friends become lovers is the best prompt, thank you kawahara
tumblr_pp71fl048X1v6bs4yo3_540.gif

Surprised Pontifex was defeated here, thought she was more powerful than that to stick around. With how Kawahara does Accel World she shouldda been around the whole time with multiple refights lol.

Things irl must have gone south if people managed to invade a isolated turtle like pyramid offshore

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished watching Kakegurui xx, first season was better and the main plot about getting the leadership is still there...

its just a show thing. the show implies that she talks normally, they just don't want to actually have her voice on the show because... well, who knows. probably the author thought it was funny and then it stuck.

it's honestly probably the most annoying part about hi score girl because it makes a lot of scenes become a weird monologue
Gimmick, as simple as that.

I thought she was mute or only allowed to talk when she was ordered

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Karakuri Circus 23

Usually I find this series pretty middling but this episode was actually pretty good. There were a couple of well animated scenes, which also surprised me because it's not something I expect from this show.:

Now I need to watch the last two episodes of Boogiepop. While I liked the previous arc, this current one lost me from the very first episode.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization 24:

This show used rape for two major plot points.

And then Kirito died due to a power surge directly to the soul.

The End

Oct 25, 2017
neo new Puzzle & Dragons Episode 51

Post tourney episode following Sakura and dealing with being the least performing among the two boys that actually matter. Was sad to see her just need to cry it out at the end.

Boys side was great.
D28si3lWwAAh8kq.jpg

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeshield 21 64-73

I loved the rival/childhood friend dynamic they introduced with Riku and Sena. I hope it continues as it goes on and isn't forgotten. I was also legitimately surprised they actually lost though they completely negated that by mentioning a loser's bracket. The show must go on lol. Monta's breakdown and reaction to losing on a technicality was great though. Even though I'm enjoying the hell out of this show, god I wish it had anything resembling a budget. I just realized I'm only like halfway done with the series but this really could have benefited from better animation and direction. Even the hype moments aren't really that hype from an animation perspective. Well what can you do, it's an old long running series and it sure feels like it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the second Heaven's Feel movie, and damn, Ufotable did a damn good job adapting it. This one is even more dark than the first one.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Dayum Hunter x Hunter is good. Still watching the original anime, at episode 21. Though I watched up to episode 7 of the remake.

But I just watched episode 20 and a lot of that is apparently filler smh. This show is the best example of story filler done right I've ever seen.

edit: dayum 18-20 was filler? fuck off that shits good

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
over the last couple monhs i've been working my way through a bunch of anime on blu-ray and have slowly come to despise funimation purely on the fact that they seem to be the only publisher that replaces the japanese text in the endings with english (and putting english credits first over the Japanese staff) that's just a scrolling wall of text which on some soft endings totally ruin the moments

it also doesn't help that they seem to swallow up the rights to anime in the west so that we only seem to get the top 1% of popular anime released over here and i'd rather not import

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Kaguya-sama: 12 (END)

Excellent episode. The dogfight scenes had me rolling on the floor. Fantastic comedy, I pray for a second season. I will place it firmly along side Hinamatsuri, Asobase, and Gintama in my books.

While I love the show It is not in the running for anime of the season, that's still going to go to Run with the Wind. This is certainly comedy of the season, may be of the year at this rate.

The Morose Mononokean 2: episode 13

I enjoy how wholesome this show is, very cute character designs and creature designs. It's odd that they changed these last set of events, it will put it in a bad spot for a season 3, probably there won't be one and chose to use this as a way to wrap the show. I will miss these characters :(.

On a tangent here given that the manga is still ongoing. I always feel that this show/manga would work better if the main characters actually liked each other. Abeno and Ashiya are always going way past the extra mile for each other after only knowing each other for like half a semester. Maybe I am projecting, but a lot of their interactions come off as cheap teases to fan shipping. The writer just needs Victor Nikifiro....ahem, the Legislator to come out and ask them to stop beating around the bush. Anyway, recommend this to anyone looking for a wholesome show about spirit exorcisms.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeshield 21 64-73

I loved the rival/childhood friend dynamic they introduced with Riku and Sena. I hope it continues as it goes on and isn't forgotten. I was also legitimately surprised they actually lost though they completely negated that by mentioning a loser's bracket. The show must go on lol. Monta's breakdown and reaction to losing on a technicality was great though. Even though I'm enjoying the hell out of this show, god I wish it had anything resembling a budget. I just realized I'm only like halfway done with the series but this really could have benefited from better animation and direction. Even the hype moments aren't really that hype from an animation perspective. Well what can you do, it's an old long running series and it sure feels like it.
Yeah, the manga has amazing Murata art, while the anime is just super low budget.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Boogiepop and Others 18 (End)

Well that was a thing.....not entirely sure what though. Yeah, I don't think I enjoyed this show much. I liked the out of order narrative but, I'm not sure it was worth the confusion and the dialog did not help either.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeshield 21 74-79

I've been waiting for that big reveal the whole entire time and it was 100% worth the build up.

Yeah, the manga has amazing Murata art, while the anime is just super low budget.

Yeah I would read it but watching it is more passive lol. Also Hiruma's voice actor is goddamn fantastic.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Kaguya-sama Episode 12
Taxi driver-kun saved the day. And with even the callback!

Caught up on two Makoto Shinkai movies (LTTP):

5 centimeters per second
82410.jpg

While visually striking it didn't do much for me. I especially didn't like the abrupt ending. There was really not much happening in this movie even though it's only 1 hour long. Enjoyed Sumida's arc. I felt she had more depth than the (two?) main protagonists.

The garden of words
The-Garden-of-Words-1.jpg

This movie resonated with me a lot more. It's even shorter, but felt coherent. I was gushing about every frame, the top notch animations and that ending got me almost in tears. Currently listening to the ED song. Really good piece of music for rainy days :)

Next on the watch list: The anthem of heart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.