• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
3D Kanojo S2 ep.2
I actually like this episode as there were steps in the right direction for each of the characters with no stupid of unneeded drama. Might we get three ships sailing after the season? They definitely hint at it in the OP.

Black Clover ep.66
Yet another review episode, but this time with an ominous ending. I mean, we knew a battle was coming again so bring it on!

Dororo ep.2
Decent follow-up to that opener having been watching Rurouni Kenshin recently, I'm wondering if they are going with this "bad guy/villege of the day" approach for the season.

Mob Psyche S2 ep.2:
Ok, that Street Fighter esque fight scene (and the whole park scene) had me laughing pretty good. That was just a fun episode with a nice fight there at the end.

Slime Overlord ep.15
If this guy at my work doesn't shut up about how they added "Federation" into the country name which isn't in the LN, I swear, I'm going to do him like Rimuru did Geld....

Sword Art Online Alicization ep.14:
Someone needs to nerf Eugeo, that dude got wrecked hard. I like that the adventure/action has picked up but there are still a ton of questions..

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so after listening to the full version I have decided that I actually quite like

Though I don't think it is a song I would ever choose for something Dragon Ball related >.<;

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Shield Hero - 02

Awww this would have been such a touching episode... If she wasn't bought, had to obey his every command, and has had such a tragic life that anything being less shitty than her current position would make our main character look like a benevolent god.

I remember an anime called Legend of Arslan once upon a time, actually had something to say about slaves and built a narrative around the slave trade and made it integral to the plot, it'd be nice if a show did that rather than being a plot device to build a harem.

*stares into sunset*

Anime is trash.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 2

Pretty good ep. He obviously doesn't want to treat her bad or force her but given his situation and having to deal with the waves he has to level up no matter what

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
abraham lincoln: "slavery is abolished"
southern anime protagonist: "look, i get it, but you don't understand. if i don't level up soon i'm gonna be in some real trouble here."

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland 1

Damn. I was expecting something like that however. Strong first episode although Im not a fan of the big foreheads and chins.

Good thing I didnt see the key visuals before as the poster basically spoils the premise.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Virtualsan - Looking episode 1 showed up. I guess Crunchyroll is just on a one-week-behind schedule for this one?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Catching up on shows i've missed over the last few years, I watched the first season of Blood Blockade Battlefront, and it's so fucking good from start to finish lol. I'm sure this sentiment has been expressed before, but it feels like the type of show we would have gotten in early to mid 2000s and would have immediately been scheduled to air on Adult Swim. After finishing, I actually immediately felt like rewatching it!

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on shows i've missed over the last few years, I watched the first season of Blood Blockade Battlefront, and it's so fucking good from start to finish lol. I'm sure this sentiment has been expressed before, but it feels like the type of show we would have gotten in early to mid 2000s and would have immediately been scheduled to air on Adult Swim. After finishing, I actually immediately felt like rewatching it!
Watched it 3 times in full. BLack and Leo are some of the best character arc and drama in anime.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Shield Hero - 02

Awww this would have been such a touching episode... If she wasn't bought, had to obey his every command, and has had such a tragic life that anything being less shitty than her current position would make our main character look like a benevolent god.

I remember an anime called Legend of Arslan once upon a time, actually had something to say about slaves and built a narrative around the slave trade and made it integral to the plot, it'd be nice if a show did that rather than being a plot device to build a harem.

*stares into sunset*

Anime is trash.
Legend of Arslan was written by the same mangaka as FMA and she's awesome so that might have something with it.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sucks that both of these are kinda eh

where's my teppu anime/revival manga

(never happening)

Those were the first examples that came in my mind but Teppu also came, it's just that I forgot if she had her abs appearing or not

I heard
that they end up being a couple.

If so, then yeah, it's weird as hell.

I do know about that development on the web novel, yeah, but we still need to see if that will happen to the LN since many things are changed on the transition of every WN to LN out there.

Legend of Arslan was written by the same mangaka as FMA and she's awesome so that might have something with it.

It was actually a novel written by Yoshiki Tanaka in the 80s. What Arakawa wrote was the second manga adaptation of it.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Kemurikusa 02

Still in a holding pattern on this show. I'm curious where exactly this is going to go since there is a apparently a post apocalypse setting and honestly seems sorta grim at the moment which is what's keeping me intrugied. Also some of these girls are going to fucking die on this journey.

Shield Hero 02

Kinda expected this episode to be all about training her up to fight. Slightly disappointed they didn't show her showing off any flashy sword skills. Glad he isn't treating her like shit but I mean still fucked up her bought a slave but I guess he doesn't have many options at this point to progress. I don't think that's the last we'll see of that slave driver/ring master looking dude.

Pastel Memories 02

Oh so this show is going to be about them jumping in bootleg versions of actual anime/manga and fixing shit? I'm down for this so far. Also that ED is something else. That ED makes the girls look more stacked than they appear in the show.
Dororo 02

Another great episode. Though I cannot help but wonder how this dude has survived with his multiple conditions. Even with his skills it seems getting by alone in their world would be near impossible. Even that old man has some of his senses to be able to manage some things.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line 15

My god. Hakone just keeps on winning every tag. This is pretty much setting up a redemption season for them. I guess I might see a part 2 of Manami vs Onada for Day 3 finish line with Hakone winning this time.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Incel Hero 02

Anime fans continue to support ethically questionable pervy endeavors, unreal.

VuGaT8o.jpg

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kemurikusa 2

Nice episode, slow-moving but methodical. Wakaba channeling a mix of Serval and Kaban is amusing though I hope his role in the story becomes more pronounced now that we've left the starting island.

Ritsu is clearly best girl, there's no arguing against the 'nya's

Oct 25, 2017
Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line 15

My god. Hakone just keeps on winning every tag. This is pretty much setting up a redemption season for them. I guess I might see a part 2 of Manami vs Onada for Day 3 finish line with Hakone winning this time.
I wish we got more yowapeda.

Like ace of diamond it again proves that boys sports series can do and be exciting in the 2nd year of the protagonists schooling

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I actually really liked Shield Hero. First episode was great and the second episode wasn't bad either. Can't wait til next episode. So far this season is great. Mob 100 2 is fantastic and so is The promised neverland.

To bad the second season of Arland was a huge disappointment. It was a long build up to nothing

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Shield Hero 02

The episode was nice but I still hate the master/slave thing. Useless, disgusting shit. I also hope that they won't get into any sexual things here.
Don't like the thing that will happen in the next few episodes that people mentioned here. Just why?

It was hard seeing her kill that rabbit, ngl.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Run with the Wind 13

Man the ending was great. Everyone coming together and showing Kakeru that he's not alone that they have his back was really satisfying.

The coach deserved it, fuck him, and the red haired guy is still an annoying prick.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Kaguya 01

Really enjoyed the way it was directed in the first two parts, for some reason it was significantly weaker in the last one though.
Wasn't extremely funny or anything but it made me chuckle a few times. Despite that I enjoyed the episode and looking forward to the next ones, especially since people said that it will have bigger arcs later on.
The OP is great though.

Oct 25, 2017
Run with the Wind Episode 13

Im glad Kaks realizes he has an anger issue and is still bound by the past. Kind of finally sets him apart from Kags in that Kags never admitted to having such intense dislike and such thatd he go as far as hit someone in a non joking manner.

I did like that Kaks issue was with a coach instead of the usual teammate thing. Can only feel sad for kousuke having to have all three years of his work go out the window cause of kaks selfishness. Though I do hope kaks find some way to make it up to him or reach some level of understanding.

Haiji trying to win the Kaks bowl, but Kousuke will forever be my winner.
tumblr_ple9cxyHLs1vak34lo3_500.gif

tumblr_ple9cxyHLs1vak34lo4_500.gif

Shield Hero 02

Sad part about this whole series is if they got rid of the whole slavery angle, if Naofumi and Raphtalia meet in a way that didn't have baggage, and later on Raphtalia didn't develop feelings to him or Naofumi sat down with her on why they can't go that far, their relationship would be pretty decent.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 02

Sad part about this whole series is if they got rid of the whole slavery angle, if Naofumi and Raphtalia meet in a way that didn't have baggage, and later on Raphtalia didn't develop feelings to him or Naofumi sat down with her on why they can't go that far, their relationship would be pretty decent.
Yeh instead we get male otaku version of Usagi Drop lol

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Yeh instead we get male otaku version of Usagi Drop lol
What's interesting is that quite a few of those "little girl who ends up falling for the caretaking adult guy and they somehow get together at the end" stories, like Usagi Drop, Kodomo no Jikan, and at least the original webnovel of Shield Hero, were written by women.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
What's interesting is that quite a few of those "little girl who ends up falling for the caretaking adult guy and they somehow get together at the end" stories, like Usagi Drop, Kodomo no Jikan, and at least the original webnovel of Shield Hero, were written by women.
Not surprising tbh Its always has been famous "kink" for women.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

My god I forgot about Kodomo no Jikan. How was that shit even legal.

Just a heads up some of those writers are just using female pen names so we really don't know if their women. Still women or not, it still pretty bad.

Edit: Here an article about that subject and how it can work at time
https://www.animefeminist.com/versus-rain-ristorante-paradiso-delicate-art-age-gap-romance/

Last edited:

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the Shield Hero fans and watchers can blame completely unrelated real life women for things too.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I feel real bad for Kumo Desu Ga fans...yikes.

Also I am not big on Isekai, why is everyone calling Shield Hero Incel Hero? I heard it was good.

Last edited:

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Promised Neverland - 02

That was some pretty intense stuff, some edge of the seat stuff, as our characters are trying to dance round egg shells, this is great.

Meiji Tokyo Renka - 02

Anime fans continue to support ethically questionable pervy endeavors, unreal.

Dedication Through Light

Wat!?

Shield Hero 02

Kinda expected this episode to be all about training her up to fight. Slightly disappointed they didn't show her showing off any flashy sword skills. Glad he isn't treating her like shit but I mean still fucked up her bought a slave but I guess he doesn't have many options at this point to progress. I don't think that's the last we'll see of that slave driver/ring master looking dude.

Ohoho the writers had options, in fact, they had an option in their own narrative, they had a scene where the raccoon girl was being told stories about how the Shield Hero historically did the demi-humans right when other races wouldn't apparently, that should have been enough motivation for her to dismiss the allegations against our MC and join his party through any other means, while he slowly regains his ability to trust people, the slavery angle is completely unneccesary.

GTFO!

No...

It can't be true!

You were supposed to be wholesome, not join them!!!

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
GTFO!

No...

It can't be true!

You were supposed to be wholesome, not join them!!!
Twilight is about a century old vampire hooking up with a teenage girl, marrying her right out of high school, and knocking her up on the first week of the honeymoon.

I don't see how you are surprised that women, too, can have fantasies about older men. Or daddy issues. One or the other.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Twilight is about a century old vampire hooking up with a teenage girl, marrying her right out of high school, and knocking her up on the first week of the honeymoon.

I don't see how you are surprised that women, too, can have fantasies about older men. Or daddy issues. One or the other.

I'm more disturbed that the guy groomed a girl from the age of 6(?). I liked Usagi Drop. :(

You do you if you find someone 30 years older than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.