• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Boogiepop and Others 1-2

I was watching the first episode and thinking how the hell people had problem following it. The first episode is is very straightforward, Boogiepop says, straight of her mouth, what she is, when she appears and what her mission is. I remember the original series being much more confusing and mysterious lol. Yes, there are some gaps in the story in the first episode (what happened with the maneater enemy?), but they are clearly intended to be solved in the following episodes. Feature, not a bug.

It's in the second episode where, conversely, I had more problems. it's chock full of flashbacks/flashforwards, done without any warning, and it feels a bit rushed with lots of stuff happening on several fronts including new characters, new relationships and
aliens, clone monsteers and government conspiracies
, I think they could have spend some more minutes to it.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Back Street Girls: Gokudolls - 01 & 02
I honestly enjoyed this far more than I should. The reactions alone make up for the nonexistent animation.

Sometimes, I just want to indulge in crass-ass humor. Most of my favorite gags here come more from lampooning idol industry than the alienating main premise.

Oct 25, 2017
BeyBLade Burst Evolution Episode 51 EngDub End

Another fantastic season, epic all around. The whole Shu "Red Eye" Kurenai plot was really epic and going to the snake pit really brought out some really amazing characters. Really loved how Boa Alcazaba ended up being a relevant character for awhile, and that some of the new cast were wonderful.

Cant wait for the EngDub the next season to start on the official youtube channel.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho's 1st OP is impossible to top, but this new one is really good.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Tsurune 11
The fall season lives on as this has a few episodes left. I enjoyed the Masa focus. The sequence where he was talking to Minato was really well done.

That cliffhanger though :(

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Clumsy Miss Ueno - 01

Top quality comedy folks, first half is about drinking [filtered] piss and the 2nd half is about looking up a skirt that looks like a galaxy when using an anti panty shot device.

All because the guy is too dumb to know he's being confessed to which would make even the protag from To Love Ru tell the guy to "get a clue".

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Hugtto Precure 46

So now Georgy Boy enacts endgame because... he got bored? Ah well, at least it's intense. I actually dig where his philosophy is going. People always strive for more, for a better future. But because of that they'll never be satisfied and thus eventually mess up and lead to a ruined future where no one is happy, so might as well stop time and preserve the happiness they have now. Also Georgy Boy, just because you probably couldn't get the girl in your own time doens't mean it's right to go backwards and get her when she's a lot younger. Hana does seem to be more sympathetic to him than she realizes. Not sure if that will lead anywhere. I like how Bishin has held out this long and hope they and Listol have a good last fight. Solid start to the finale.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My damn earphones got broken and I have been on the hunt for a damn replacement in the house and it ended in failure. I was sure I had a spare one too.

Just when I had some free time to watch some of the new shows this season this happens...

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Shield Hero 01

Well I enjoyed it. It looks pretty solid and the music is great. I hope the production will stay largely the same. Didn't get strong incel vibes from it, even though the protagonist still has some characteristics I don't like.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
So, tomorrow, Mob Psycho 2, Dororo, Pastel Memories, and Kemono Friends 2 are airing.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
GeGeGe no Kitaro 38
download.png

GeGeGe No Kitaro is a kids show...

-that focuses on a Yokai that likes to steal bodies especially during funeral processions so the crying children add extra spice to that delicious corpse
-where Ratman decides to throw in with said Yokai, because it's a great way to get in on the body disposal business
- said Yokai is able to transfer into a human body where he'll probably be able to easily steal corpses

All in one episode.

It's a kids show.

For kids.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Half of the bad shit that happens in Kitaro is because of Ratman. I hope by the last episode he disappears or dies or whatever. This ep was on the level f the one he helps the yokai to turn people into diamond.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
GeGeGe no Kitaro 38
download.png

GeGeGe No Kitaro is a kids show...

-that focuses on a Yokai that likes to steal bodies especially during funeral processions so the crying children add extra spice to that delicious corpse
-where Ratman decides to throw in with said Yokai, because it's a great way to get in on the body disposal business
- said Yokai is able to transfer into a human body where he'll probably be able to easily steal corpses

All in one episode.

It's a kids show.

For kids.
I personally liked the one with human trafficking from poor countries. :p

Oct 25, 2017
Morose Mononokean S2 Episode 1

So glad its back, really funny start and I love the coloring and artstyle of this anime, probably why I also miss it, as well as Yuki Kaji's always fun voice and acting in this role. Also fluffy still remains really cute.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
It kinda reminds me of bakemonogatari but a little more grounded, realistic visual details and not aspect ones, and similar snappy dialogue.
I don't think it too far to say that Mai is similar to Hitagi in personality.

so who would win?
GrA50E8.jpg

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
That first episode of The Rising of the Shield Hero wasn't bad. Was surprised how long the episode was though.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the commentary about the shield hero anime production time are around 3 year above is anywhere correct.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
How clumsy you are, Miss Ueno ep.1
Oh, umm.. yeah, ummm. This chicks screaming makes Asta sound like a mute person, like.....

Also, I did get a ciuple chuckles, but this was NOT what I was expecting at all with it's crude perverted humor.

R-15 ep. 1-6
Speaking of trash, this is trash piled on top of trash. I mean, I did get a couple chuckles out of it, but it's pure trash anime.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished all of the Negima volumes yesterday :D

Still hands down my favorite shonen universe.

Shield Hero 1: Ugh I wouldn't have thought this dude was an incel til ya'll brought it up. Thanks lol But on its own this is a pretty funny series. Bruh was super hype about being in a universe where he'd live this fantasy life, then NOPE! Got robbed and exiled.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Tsurune 11

The show is finally back at exploring the bond between Masaki and Minato after abandoning it for too long. I'm not exactly sold on the episode despite the huge amount of Masaki.

Also they included the car accident, which at this point feels weird, but I guess Kyoani just can't resist their poorly written drama.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
It kinda reminds me of bakemonogatari but a little more grounded, realistic visual details and not aspect ones, and similar snappy dialogue.
I don't think it too far to say that Mai is similar to Hitagi in personality.

so who would win?
GrA50E8.jpg
Hitagi knocked out a girl in cold blood, she doesn't play

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
How Clumsy You Are, Miss Ueno episode 1

How can you say you love her if you won't drink her pee?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone read the adventures of waver velvet side story thing that must warn me I'll be disappointed if I keep going? Cause first episode save for not setting up a major plot (besides investigation and scheming?) is exactly what I ever wanted from something new out of fate. Well save for fate zero 2

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
be very interested to see if kemono can retain its weird charm now that the production company ate it wholesale

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon S&M 103

This wasn't the passionate love affair I was lead to believe it would be, but there were G Gundams references so I guess I'll forgive the bait and switch.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Finished Devilman Crybaby and Bloom into You today. Devilman was way under my expectations after all the praise I heard for it last year, Bloom into You on the other hand may be my AOTY.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this season have some great animes/adaptations to keep an eye on...
Mob 2, Shield Bro, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed, Promised Neverland. Just greatness all around.

I'll probably go back to watch some shows and probably try some that I didn't watch last year, like Jojo Season 4 and starting Season 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.