• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching anime again this year after a long ass time. So far I watched/binged:

Attack on Titan S1-S3
I'm not prepared for what's coming.
My Hero Academica S1-S3
These fight scenes and animations are insane.
Love is War 1-4
How cute.
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai 1-6
So far my favorite of the bunch I watched. The writing and characters surprised me.

Going to plow through the top 10 2018 of era.

Any other recommendations?

Mob Psycho

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
On a less negative note - what anime shows for the rest of the year is everyone looking forward to? I'd like to know what has anticipation, since I normally just take everything season by season.

For stuff that hasn't been brought up yet, Sarazanmai airs in spring and 20th Century Electric Catalog smells like a summer or fall airing.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
On a less negative note - what anime shows for the rest of the year is everyone looking forward to? I'd like to know what has anticipation, since I normally just take everything season by season.
Fate/Grand Order: Camelot and Babylonia. Both consider to be the best two arcs of the game, and consider some of Nasu's best writing.

Date still pending, but Black Fox by studio 3Hz is also another anime to look out for. Both of their past original works were great, Flip Flappers and Princess Principal, and this could potentially be another hit.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i was all set to be mad but yeah those words are okay in terms of fanbase. on the production side anime is still impossible to make without being tied up in corporate interests though. i don't know how punk rock was like in the 60s-80s but i bet it was a little bit easier to get established without having to go through a label, though when you hit a certain size it was probably unavoidable (especially pre-streaming)

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka 6

Ah, so Asuka is getting the harem protagonist treatment. Sure, why not. Also Mia dealing with some terrorist who I'm not sure if we're supposed to feel for. Hopefully not, because I felt nothing.

Dec 28, 2018
For once in my life I decided to watch more than one anime from the current season.

Kayagua Sama Love is War Episode 1

So I've heard a crap ton of praise for this show from here and other places and I was interested in seeing what was so great about it. And after finally watching it I can safely say that I was pretty underwhelmed. I didn't find it funny and was bored throughout the episode. I can't say there was much of anything that I liked from the episode. Granted I only watched the first episode but can't say I'm a fan. I'll give this the customary three episode watch before I decide to drop it or not.

Dororo Episode 1

Have yet another dad to add to the shitty anime/manga father list. And hot damn if that isn't the creepiest baby I've ever seen. And talk about dreary man I can't see this being a very wholesome show. The fight with the mud demon or whatever it was, was pretty good. Really liked the episode overall and I'm curious to see the progression of the main character as he gets more of his body back from killing the demons.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
so how does the fate series work...I watched fate/zero & stay night unlimited blade works but I hear theres other stuff....is it related at all to those? are they any good?

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Smiles 07

There's some dissonance with watching so many slice-of-life scenes with a bunch of guys who bombed, invaded, and then looted a city. Then the Empire states that they'll continue to ramp up the war effort despite practically already winning with no talk about their apparently strained resources. I can't really feel sympathetic for them when their dude dies.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kemurikusa 3-6

Show is actually really good, I've definitely been sucked into seeing what happens next.

Not really sure what soured some people on it besides Wakaba but I never really had a problem with him even from the start soooo uh, okay I guess?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so how does the fate series work...I watched fate/zero & stay night unlimited blade works but I hear theres other stuff....is it related at all to those? are they any good?

Most of it is just alternate realities. In terms of the main stuff:

1. Fate Zero (prequel story)
2a. Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV (Route B of main story)
2b. Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel movies (Route C of the main story; 1st movie is out, 2nd is in theaters next month in the states, 3rd comes out next year)

Route A (just Fate Stay Night) was adapted like 10 years ago, but it's a shit adaption, so no one talks about it since it's fuses all 3 routes together into a mess.

The 3 different routes feature the same characters, but the focus is on a different heroine each time and diverge greatly from each other.

Any other Fate property you heard of (Apocrypha, Grand Order, Extra Encore) is spin off alternate reality stuff. YMWV with those. Feel free to check them out if you like the main series. Avoid Fate Prisma Illya like the plague though.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Most of it is just alternate realities. In terms of the main stuff:

1. Fate Zero (prequel story)
2a. Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV (Route B of main story)
2b. Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel movies (Route C of the main story; 1st movie is out, 2nd is in theaters next month in the states, 3rd comes out next year)

Route A (just Fate Stay Night) was adapted like 10 years ago, but it's a shit adaption, so no one talks about it since it's fuses all 3 routes together into a mess.

The 3 different routes feature the same characters, but the focus is on a different heroine each time and diverge greatly from each other.

Any other Fate property you heard of (Apocrypha, Grand Order, Extra Encore) is spin off alternate reality stuff. YMWV with those. Feel free to check them out if you like the main series. Avoid Fate Prisma Illya like the plague though.
awesome, thanks for this!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind 18-19

Daaaamn what a great fight. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 5

"I raised that boy."

Another winner. The Fujiwara factor should never be forgotten. Are we finally going to see best boy this coming episode?

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I doubt it will be a reboot, as konami needs a new card archetype to make people buy new cards. Its gonna be a sequel series with little yugi as the protagonist.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Slime 11-14

My god is Rimuru OP. If you can't beat them, eat them! Also the lizard people are adorable. I love their shocked faces.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Why. Feel theyd just announce yet another movie for its 20th anniversary year.

VRAINS still has 1 more yr to go, no way it ends sub 100 episodes.

How would a remake work? Everyone's decks would be remade to have access to link, pendulum, synchro, fusion shokan?!
The 20th anniversary has long since passed.

The anime cut and changed a lot of stuff from the manga so a remake would be able to just do a straight adaptation.

I wouldn't bet on them doing a remake though unless it's something in addition to Vrains.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Slime 15-17

Loved how Rimuru was just able to win over the Demon Lord. It's amazing how wholesome this show feels.

Dec 28, 2018
Dororo Episode 2

Lesson of the day is not to judge people by their appearance. Cause the beautiful one might just be a demon in disguise. This episode was pretty good and I rather liked the interactions between Hyakkimaru and Dororo even if it is kinda one sided. Will be interesting to see how the relationship between the two develop as Hyakkimaru gets more of his senses back. Also happy to see the blind man come back he's pretty cool and I hope that he sticks around. And I'm assuming Hyakkimaru got his nerves back at the end of the episode. Feel like this could limit him since he can't go all in like before since he can feel pain now, unless I'm wrong and he gained something else back this episode.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Yozakura Quartet 07
tRHx3q2.jpg
f5D3jk4.jpg
VrdiQx4.jpg
Rather a stark reminder that this is not just a webgen showcase but an endeavour that can quite capably deliver the characterisation or big moments of an increasingly interesting story. The whole premise of two dimensions and the "dutybound" tasked with sending the Youkai to the other one and moral implications of that is something that I find compelling, even more so with the big twist coming out of the woodwork.

Also that "Atsu" scene will never not rock.

Chuunibyo S2 10

Top4 greatest heartbreaks.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama 6

I was a little disappointed that the baseball team thing was subdued over the manga, where I remember Shirogane was the one who thought having enough kids to field a baseball team was a good idea rather than Fujiwara. It added to the little volume extra they threw into the episode at the end there.

OUR GUY Ishigami is finally here, though he doesn't really hit his stride until probably after this season is over. The author has said in interviews he likes to introduce a character and then shake them up after 20~ chapters so Ishigami's bit won't change much this season I think.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Slime 18-19

Very quick one and done thing. "oh no awful thing is coming our way and it's dead". And Rimuru expands his alliance and power.

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero Episode 2 & 3 EngDub

Such an underappreciated hero, crying. Im glad he got the favor from the villagers and raphtalia continues to be different than a vast majority of the other characters in her role in other series. I guess simillar to guilty crown and beatless, its great when the fem lead char is the one scoring the kills for the, often, dope lead mc.

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama 6

I like that Ishigami guy, he's too funny to miscomprehension his Stockhelm's Syndrome in his daily's life. After that, this episode was okay.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama - 05-06

Excellent. A bunch of the jokes seem fairly mediocre but the execution is so strong that its almost all great anyway. I can't stress enough how much variety there is in the storyboarding. It just keeps it visually interesting throughout.

If I were to nitpick, though, I'd mention that it feels inconsistent that obvious signs of affection, most frequently towards the end of a part, are kinda handwaved to keep the status quo, even though the characters are usually (over-)analyzing every reaction extremely closely. I also wish the new character were a tad more grounded, though I do like him nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.