• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

InfamousThirstyBanteng-max-1mb.gif

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization 11-13

Kirito and Eugeo are so wholesome together. I'm sure nothing bad will happen. I guess we got the full explanation on what happened in the world and finally established the actual villain. A power hungry rogue AI is a bit interesting, especially compared to other antagonists this series has had.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Take it no one is bothering to watch the Crunchyroll Awards tonight?

Just going to wait to see if there's a list of the winners later.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I love Kaguya as a show, but it has the great misfortune of being in the same season as Mob Season 2 so I don't see how this can possibly be correct

One is shonen, the other is romcom. Different stroke though Mob being shonen probably have advantages in AOTY vote.
thought if we based on manga. The arc that Mob 2 adapted have underwhelming ending IMO. As compare to Kaguya one , assuming it will fireworks arc, which is my number 1 romcom chapters.

I found Madoka TV kinda chore to watch. I don't know why but found in predictable. Sayaka arc is the only one that I enjoy and I dislike Homura.

Rebellion 180 that which is become one of my all time favorite movie

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Every girl in the best girl category was robbed, I just binged bunny girl 2 days ago and found Mai to be such a non entity.

Oct 25, 2017
Award shows are like reviews, theyre supposed to make you angry. Dont give them the pleasure of getting a high off of your emotions and ignore them. Crunchyroll and its panel of experts knows exactly what its doing.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO: Alicization 14-18

God damn did this get good. All the fights have been fantastic, though a bit lacking in the animation department. Eugeo's last fight was short but it was really great. I do love gauntlet type progression with the enemies getting stronger and stronger as you move forward. Alice and Kirito climbing on the outside was unexpected but oddly enjoyable. Though now I'm not really happy with an 11th hour villain popping up with absolutely no prior indication that they existed. Weird ass clown dude just here to abduct Eugeo and cause strife between him and Kirito. Let that boy be happy

Either way, this is definitely the best SAO series by a pretty long shot so far. That middle bit was uncomfortable but besides that, this has been great. Really hope it keeps it up towards the end.

Oct 25, 2017

God damn did this get good. All the fights have been fantastic, though a bit lacking in the animation department. Eugeo's last fight was short but it was really great. I do love gauntlet type progression with the enemies getting stronger and stronger as you move forward. Alice and Kirito climbing on the outside was unexpected but oddly enjoyable. Though now I'm not really happy with an 11th hour villain popping up with absolutely no prior indication that they existed. Weird ass clown dude just here to abduct Eugeo and cause strife between him and Kirito. Let that boy be happy

Either way, this is definitely the best SAO series by a pretty long shot so far. That middle bit was uncomfortable but besides that, this has been great. Really hope it keeps it up towards the end.
glad you stuck in there, Kawahara always manages to make things interesting.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Devilman win something in CR award, so its alright

towards the end? its have 50 eps breh

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Devilman win something in CR award, so its alright
towards the end? its have 50 eps breh

lmao oops. I have zero clue where this could be going then. This 100% feels like a building towards finale kind of phase. But I guess that wouldn't deal or finish with everything outside of virtual world.

Also Devilman was easily best anime last year. Deserved win.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After last year, I'm not sure why anyone's surprised that MHA wins nearly every category it's nominated for, especially since most of these are fan voted. The movie winning is lol, but it's fan voted and it's was the most easily accessible movie released last year. You bet your ass that Dragonball Super Broly is winning the 2019 awards for best film.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I also find it kind of funny that 2 years in a row, Crunchyroll's AOTY isn't available to watch on Crunchyroll.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I hadn't watched anything for a couple of days so I ended up having to do a bit of catch up today - watched episodes from 7 different series haha

Boogiepop 8

That was some pretty nice animation

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kaguya 5

"I think you're good enough to be at the level of a person that just sucks at it. Compared to when you were a creature, you've made a lot of progress."

Goddamn, Chika..

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is okay not to like popular anime. I personally dislike Madoka Tv (love madoka rebellion though)

Rebellion's existence is the only reason to recommend people to watch Madoka Magica.

I mean I love Kaguya as a show, but it has the great misfortune of being in the same season as Mob Season 2 so I don't see how this can possibly be correct

They're both 10/10 as far as I'm concerned.

Kaguya 5

"I think you're good enough to be at the level of a person that just sucks at it. Compared to when you were a creature, you've made a lot of progress."

Goddamn, Chika..

Fujiwara is by far the most savage character in this series.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 03

u4Ri878.jpg

Not as super-exciting as the first two episodes, but still very strong. I really do appreciate that our heroines have real personalities this time -- Precure hasn't had much in the way of proper characterization/development for its leads in far too many years, but Hikaru and Lala show no signs of stopping on that front, even despite the good old "introduce character conflict -> resolve conflict, thereby winning the fight scene" pattern that this franchise loves so much. It doesn't feel like the problems are being completely forgotten about after their episode.

The new villain's design is kinda extremely too much, but I did laugh when they "balanced it out" (huge air quotes) with a manservice shower scene right before she was introduced. I get the feeling Kappard is going to be a very popular villain...

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
That seems like a fairly harsh critique to me as I really didn't consider that episode as particularly tropey.

I was actually appreciating the narrative of Dororo, who was initially shocked and probably even downright disgusted at Mio's prostitution, recognizing that Mio's actually a wonderful person for sacrificing so much in order to take care of other orphaned children. Him coming to that conclusion felt natural, too, due to his talk with Mio and his own experiences traveling with his mother.

That seemed to me like a solid amount of nuance which you felt was so lacking here.

Mio's and the children's cruel fate didn't feel particularly forced either, given that the plot point was set up well in advance and makes sense, too. That Dororo would've absolutely warned her and furthermore even succeeded in getting her to stay due to the danger of being seen as a spy seems far less clear-cut than you put it.

Now, that Hyakkimaru had to go fight the monster at the time again can be regarded as somewhat clichéd I suppose but then again, Hyakkimaru's immature eagerness and lack of self-preservation is part of his character at this point. He was particularly hotheaded due to his newly gained sense of hearing and emotional turmoil thanks to his injury and feelings for Mio.
The second Mio visited the other camp they were all dead. There's nothing Hyakkimaru could have done to save them even if he hung around with the the entire time for the rest of his life forgoing demon hunting completely. There only source of food was Mio's prostitution which is now wash in the region. If Hyakkimaru was there best case scenario is he kills all's the soldiers, now they have an army after them.

They can't stay because no source of food and army is after them. They have to travel kids an all through demon infested pathways. Most probable scenario is that somewhere along the line Hyakkimaru would have died along with then trying to protect them which is why that gripe doesn't made much sense. The deaths weren't a result of bad luck but an inevitability of the scenario they were in.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
girls und panzer 1-12
i was feeling a bit shit this weekend so i watched all 12 episodes (and the anzo ova) in 2 days. it was a good decision. gonna watch the movie again tomorrow.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got around to finishing Gundam IBO. I am simultaneously furious at the ending and understanding that it is the only ending that would make sense.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Kaguya Sama 5-6

Never thought I'd live to see the day where a romcom is my favorite show of a season, but here it is. I hate romcoms, but kaguya sama elevates far above the normal eye rolling chaff that makes up the genre.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Rebellion's existence is the only reason to recommend people to watch Madoka Magica.

This isn't true at all and I despise how insufferably smug this movie has made some people.

I mean, it's a good movie, but ugh I can't stand this revisionist history that says the entire show was bad and was only made good because of this one movie.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 II 02

Super love this segment of the OP, they could've used some transition or pan but they extensively animated each character falling down and reacting giving a sense that they're not just drawings but people who react to being moved around.

This spirit reminded me of Swedish folk tales namely: The Hulder and the baby toys she was carrying reminded me of Myling. I wish there was an Year Walk wiki the game had clear information on their appearance and stories.

Interesting episode on what boils down to how simply knowing something can fuel the fire. This reminds me of a 'legendary mask man' during my school days that everyone spoke about but I never had the chance to see this mask man. It's silly but when there's an announcement by the principal that there's a certain perpretator who wears a mask who is known for stealing and vandalizing, it lends some legitimacy. There are sightings of him back and forth but when I run over to the place he mysteriously disappears. It never went anywhere but I at least have a story. Though, my point with this anecdote is that there was a sense of hysteria over this figure that very few people have seen and it spread across the school, it was exciting for me but it sometimes came at the cost of getting me into trouble.

The raincoat man's monologue is one of those moments in the show that feels a bit egregious in contrast to the rest of the show, granted this has to do with how ONE writes his stories. They have a heart but it's taped together with expository dialogue that just feels strange or unnatural. I felt this even in season 1 where characters offer expository dialogues of what they are or how they changed, it's okay if they were a bit vague but they often seem pretty elaborate. I wish I could phrase this better.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, we're just a third through then? Wow.

I thought it was pretty clear from where we're at at ep18 that there is still a ton of ground to cover that it couldnt even be concluded in 26. Kirito is still in the box and no clear details about how to save him have been presented, all the mysterious glances at some of the folks outside have been unexplained, Asuna's purpose and role is still unclarified, Kiri and Eugeo are still separated, Whats her face at the top is still sleeping. Kawahara always has some late stage tangent fight or disruption, etc. And the way for Kirito to even leave the world is not been explored.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 II 03

The stalker's out of body experience scene was very chilling. As it turns out it was just a creep in the next flat, there's a good sense of chiling atmosphere followed by a sense of relief when we find out it was just some person. I am not sure where they're heading with this new perspective towards Spirits. It makes sense and I did ponder on the idea, it feels appropriately ominous but I do not know what kind of point this is driving at this point.

A Side note: I don't know where else to say this but I don't like how every image I put in a post is so large, I remember quoted images became smaller, expanding only on clicking it directly. The quote now hides most of the image and expanding it shows the enlarged images. I just don't see myself posting any more than one image to avoid scrolling down a lot. Ideally none.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 II 03
A Side note: I don't know where else to say this but I don't like how every image I put in a post is so large, I remember quoted images became smaller, expanding only on clicking it directly. The quote now hides most of the image and expanding it shows the enlarged images. I just don't see myself posting any more than one image to avoid scrolling down a lot. Ideally none.

It is an awful change to the quote function. Now I can no longer be sure someone will see at least the mini version of my image spamming ! Truly horrid.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 II 04

Wow, I'm digging the build up for these jobs. This one was reminiscent of The Exorcist. Hah.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty clear from where we're at at ep18 that there is still a ton of ground to cover that it couldnt even be concluded in 26. Kirito is still in the box and no clear details about how to save him have been presented, all the mysterious glances at some of the folks outside have been unexplained, Asuna's purpose and role is still unclarified, Kiri and Eugeo are still separated, Whats her face at the top is still sleeping. Kawahara always has some late stage tangent fight or disruption, etc. And the way for Kirito to even leave the world is not been explored.

I'm pretty sure the Adminstrator will be handeled by the 25th episode. I assumed he could get out via that. But yeah that would leave Rath storyline up in the air for now.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 II 05

Good God.

This was unbelieveable. A TV ANIME episode in 2019.

I can see why people say this could have been two episodes but I wasn't particularly bothered by the pace. The production on the other hand may have given me the chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.