• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
This one is for you then.

Will definitely watch when it airs. I'm the kind that isn't bothered by CGI.

Nice.
This reminds me, 3D Kanojo Real Girl has a second season and I don't know why
3D Kanojo Real Girl always looks low budget but it's often a good laugh. Not all jokes land but enough of them do for me.
There's a lot of manga and light novel stuff with purely female protagonists. Not many of them seem to be getting anime adaptations, though.
The problem is that I only read manga as a last resort when an anime has first piqued my interest and I want to know how it ends. Even then, it's something that has only happened a few times. Case in point: Nausicaä, Shigurui and Berserk (not that this last one will end in our lifetimes).

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I like takagi-san Moto. The anime was too goddamn slow for my taste, but it wasn't bad.

Hi score girl - I feel bad for hidaka. The op/ed is so bias lol

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I like takagi-san Moto. The anime was too goddamn slow for my taste, but it wasn't bad.

Hi score girl - I feel bad for hidaka. The op/ed is so bias lol
pacing is my main issue with takagi as well. a lot of the stuff just goes on to long, in the manga it is better paced.

as for the second thing.
#teamHidaka
#downwithviolenttsundares

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
pacing is my main issue with takagi as well. a lot of the stuff just goes on to long, in the manga it is better paced.

as for the second thing.
#teamHidaka
#downwithviolenttsundares

Tbh I think the decision not to have Ono speak actually hurts the show a lot. This back and forth with hidaka is great, even if yaguchi is as dense as a sneak cart

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm team Hidaka but please leave the tsunderes alone (violent or non-violent).
nah they are a plague on anime and the less of them the better.
I can handle the non violent ones okay, but the violent ones really should be pressed for assault and battery and locked up.

though to be fair they aren't on the top my list anymore.
at the top of my list of things that need to be purged from anime is any cute girl who eats cake, especially one that has a habit of tripping #_#

Tbh I think the decision not to have Ono speak actually hurts the show a lot. This back and forth with hidaka is great, even if yaguchi is as dense as a sneak cart

same. I get what they are going for, but it makes some scenes really awkward. It results in her having to have extreme emotions to really get points across which is a bit meh to me.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Man this show is really easy to watch

I guess it also helps that I'm procrastinating from actually making a game lol

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Kakegurui XX 1

I was surprised with this starting in media res, but I suppose they just had to show how crazy the new characters will be. And talking about crazy, tons of crazy, ecstatic faces already. Kakegurui is back, alright.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I can handle the non violent ones okay, but the violent ones really should be pressed for assault and battery and locked up.

Hi, let's be friends. Join me in the war against tsundere.

though to be fair they aren't on the top my list anymore.
at the top of my list of things that need to be purged from anime is any cute girl who eats cake, especially one that has a habit of tripping #_#

....Nevermind, we must be enemies lol. Tripping girls are harmless! Tsundere have made me cut a show off in the first episode.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Kakegurui XX 1

I was surprised with this starting in media res, but I suppose they just had to show how crazy the new characters will be. And talking about crazy, tons of crazy, ecstatic faces already. Kakegurui is back, alright.
My main concern is that the manga is still in this very same arc and not very far ahead. They might even have to make an "anime original" ending to the arc or one "spoiled" by the author.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Toradora! made me realise that I can't stand a violent tsuredure. I really didn't like that show. I can't believe I watched the whole thing.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Both, in an analogous way that in usual Isekai the protagonist is a man in both worlds. Not that I'm against the protagonist changing gender as it goes to the other world but it was not my initial idea.
EDIT: I know Escaflowne exists but getting new stuff would be nice? Does Inuyasha count as Isekai? Is Kagome really the protagonist? I'd still would like something new.

Tensei Slime has a gender(sex?)fluid protagonist. Or rather, he (I'm using he as he was male before dying and retained his love for boobs) has no sexual characteristics at all being reborn as a slime, but has a feminine face and voice.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Tensei Slime has a gender(sex?)fluid protagonist. Or rather, he (I'm using he as he was male before dying and retained his love for boobs) has no sexual characteristics at all being reborn as a slime, but has a feminine face and voice.
For me, and that's personal opinion, the slime has an asexual body that he can shapeshift into a humanoid representation inspired by a woman that he has consumed but also has the mind of a man (said oppai love) that he keeps from his previous self in the real world.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
My spouse and I just finished Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and loved it. Was thinking about getting her started on the manga series as a gift at some point down the road, but wasn't sure if it compared favorably to the anime. Anyone have insight here?

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Watashi ni Tenshi 01

If she wasn't creeping on her sister's friend this would be better but I guess that would kill the plot.

Rinshi Ekoda-chan 01

I don't quite understand what this is supposed to be.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
My spouse and I just finished Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and loved it. Was thinking about getting her started on the manga series as a gift at some point down the road, but wasn't sure if it compared favorably to the anime. Anyone have insight here?
Well if you both love the anime, the manga is more of the same.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
For me, and that's personal opinion, the slime has an asexual body that he can shapeshift into a humanoid representation inspired by a woman that he has consumed but also has the mind of a man (said oppai love) that he keeps from his previous self in the real world.

I don't think that anyone will refute you. Rimuru does get confused as a girl because of his voice, but being a slime:

cnsVnEb.png

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dororo 1

Oooh man I'm really digging this. First episode was strong and hope this continues for the rest of the show.

Also that OP, mhmm.

weemaster

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland 01

Get ready. This will be good! Everything was perfect as an introduction and can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
The Promised Neverland - 01

Promising (Haha!) first episode, but wow are the character's faces been bugging me all episode, like the mouth is too high on their faces.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
The Promised Neverland - 01

Promising (Haha!) first episode, but wow are the character's faces been bugging me all episode, like the mouth is too high on their faces.
This is actually very refined and streamlined from how wonky and sketchy the manga can be with its faces.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017

tears in my god damn eyes. they nailed the first episode.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Meiji Renka

Me: "Oh, this is Otome, please don't call the main girl Mai, Aoi or Hina."

Show: Mei-chan

Me: Ugh and I bet you're going to call her "Neko-chan"

Show: Little Squirrel

Ah well at least she emotes and has a personality quirk in that she reeeeaaally likes meat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Well that got dark. Looking forward to seeing more. Let's see how far I can make it before breaking down and just reading the manga.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Kemurikusa 1

Kemono Friends without the relentless optimism that ps the weird with a Serval that would punch your face in, a Fennec who is weary and beaten down, and for some reason, there are four Arais.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
My roomate is a cat - 01

I wasn't sure about the cat monologuing because more often than not it sucks, but if it keeps up this contrast between what is inferred and what the cat is thinking this will be a nice budding relationship of misunderstandings.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
The Promised Neverland Episode 1:

Yea, if I didn't know this was from Shonen Jump, I would never have guessed the connection given how much of a mold breaker TPN actually is, haven't read the manga so no idea on how the adptation is actually faring, I chose Dr. Stone to read.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland Episode 1:

Yea, if I didn't know this was from Shonen Jump, I would never have guessed the connection given how much of a mold breaker TPN actually is, haven't read the manga so no idea on how the adptation is actually faring, I chose Dr. Stone to read.
Honestly I think the manga has been a bit downhill lately. It's still good, but it's nowhere near as good as the early stuff was imo

Status
Not open for further replies.