• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I've been watching KonoSuba -- fun show. The bizarre animation change in episode 9 of the first season was so off-putting.. I'm glad it seems to not be the new normal.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Talks shit about tsunderes. Defends one of the least likable tsunderes I've had the misfortune to encounter in my anime watching years. LOL indeed. :P
she at least has some character depth unlike 99% of violent tsundares which are just walking cliches.
Plus she isn't designed to be sexy/beautiful so everyone fawns over her despite her violent temper.

she's actually a character unlike countless other tsundares.

This season has way too many great openings. And Its spoiler-free!

I'm torn on this. I don't mind the song, but I do know the subject matter this will be covering and this song feels more like something I would expect from a Naruto opening than the subject matter this will be hitting.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Kemurikusa Episode 1:

Holy fuck, I don[t think I have gone from intrigued to disinterested quicker then when this series decided to reveal is actual protagonist. Like this should be a case study in how not to do things it was that awful in breaking the immersion. Dropped like a sack of wet potatoes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Taiga's bad in that in the first episode she breaks into MC's house, tries to kill him, then makes him her personal servant for the rest of the series.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Promised Neverland 1

Really nice adaptation of the source material. Can't wait for the next episode.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland - 01

I purposely avoided everything about this manga/anime after understanding that it's very highly regarded and... damn, that was a strong opener.

That strange puzzle solving test had me thinking this might be some kind of children/people farm à la Matrix, or perhaps a human problem-solving botnet of sorts. But while that's not too far removed from a more simple
human cattle
idea, I was not expecting that early reveal and confrontation. Speaking of which, that was superbly directed and damn tense as a result.

I'm curious how
the children's aptitude relates to meat quality or taste
and a lot more, of course.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland - 01

Promising (Haha!) first episode, but wow are the character's faces been bugging me all episode, like the mouth is too high on their faces.

Heh, I didn't wanna nitpick yet but I can't help but feel slightly disgruntled by the cheeky mouths :X

edit: Oh and I could've done with more natural exposition concerning each characters' strength. I know it's tough when you want to establish your characters quickly and get to the big hook but it was too much and slightly awkward. Honestly, would've been fine if we got to see what exactly everyone expels at further down the line.

Last edited:

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
The Promised Neverland 1

Really happy with this adaptation, at least quality-wise. Seems faithful, love the soundtrack, and it's great seeing such a wonderful manga "come to life," so to speak. I've been recommending this to all of my friends that haven't read it and I hope it blows up (as it should).

Mob Psycho 100 II

I love this show!! So many emotions in one episode. I really feel like MP100 is one-of-a-kind and I can't wait to see where this season takes us. Mob is best boy and we can all learn so much from him.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
My Roomate is a Cat - 1
This is going to be a strong contender for anime of the season.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Funimation has Endro!? I thought that it would be an Sentai show. Is Aniplex have this show?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Pastel Memories: This first episode was incredibly boring until I got to the end. You should lead with the magical girls. I wanted to stick with it, but there are too many other shows I could be watching instead.

Slime 14: This episode wasn't as action packed but it was enjoyable. Having read the manga for like eight chapters to get ahead, I'm pretty happy about what happens next.

SAO Alicization 13: Someone said this episode was boring, but I found it fascinating? I love worldbuilding like this, and if episodes like these are boring you should probably drop the series? I hated the hug though, that was so lame.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland - 1

I knew very little about this before watching, but it definitely has my attention. Interesting premise, great music, and it was a pretty tense first episode. Can't wait to see more.

OP
OP
Printer Paper 8 X 11
Oct 25, 2017
Slight teaser of the current top 5 in AOTY 18 voting (Remember to vote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...-op-ends-midnight-january-31-est.90650/page-2 ). System is in place that edited posts changes will be implemented into the current vote count. You may have a vague idea of what's what...you may not, only other info I'll give is there is a 3 way tie for 9th place right now.
OPNnRcN.png

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
it's a crummy harem anime what do you expect :P
Slight teaser of the current top 5 in AOTY 18 voting (Remember to vote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...-op-ends-midnight-january-31-est.90650/page-2 ). System is in place that edited posts changes will be implemented into the current vote count. You may have a vague idea of what's what...you may not, only other info I'll give is there is a 3 way tie for 9th place right now.
OPNnRcN.png
it's good you have a system in place that will change the votes because mine are going to change. At the very least I need to add Hi Score Girl and bloom into you on my list as they are better than a few shows currently on my list.
Currently watching tada never falls in love but I don't know if that will make the cut.
also will likely get to attack on titan and overlord both of which will likely make it so my list will change a lot lol.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if the Neverland OP is the most appropriate or unique but it's pretty damn fun...
I think they should've saved the OP for episode 2 or the end of the episode like some shows do and make it a bit more appropriate for the show, but given they felt the need to show it during episode 1's start I feel like it's good about not spoiling stuff

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I think they should've saved the OP for episode 2 or the end of the episode like some shows do and make it a bit more appropriate for the show, but given they felt the need to show it during episode 1's start I feel like it's good about not spoiling stuff
I will still never forgive One Piece for adding Nico Robin to the opening on the ship with the crew like 15 episodes before she actually joins them, and at that point there were no real signs at all she was going to join them >.<;

it's like the only anime opening spoiler that has really bugged me over the years lol.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will still never forgive One Piece for adding Nico Robin to the opening on the ship with the crew like 15 episodes before she actually joins them, and at that point there were no real signs at all she was going to join them >.<;

it's like the only anime opening spoiler that has really bugged me over the years lol.
yeah that was really dumb

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
yeah that was really dumb
yeah, I had no clue she joined because no one I knew was into one piece at the time and it wasn't being simulcast anywhere, the only people subtitling it back then were right around there back in 2004 when I picked up one piece so seeing that was just a WTF WHY!@!!!@!@!@!@!

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland 01

Well damn. I had some fears about this adaptation but it turns out nope, it's super good.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland 01
This would not be my go to variation of tag. With the number of participants and vastness of space (seems like a sizable forest area) I think it would be reasonable to have those that are tagged also become "it". This way kids that are eliminated early don't have to just sit out for so long.

Oct 25, 2017
crunchy confirmed most of the shows funi did
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ndro-quintessential-quintuplets-anime/.141842

Crunchyroll announced on Wednesday that it will simulcast the Date A Live III, ENDRO!, The Quintessential Quintuplets, and B-PROJECT -Zeccho * Emotion- anime this winter.

no Star Blazers 2202 but instead B-PROJECT -Zeccho * Emotion- anime which likely only DTL will care about ^^;
I wonder if CR will put Date A Live episodes back then, why take them off, if their going to simulcast, unless it will be excluding USA.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if CR will put Date A Live episodes back then, why take them off, if their going to simulcast, unless it will be excluding USA.
they might. I imagine there is a lot of negotiation going on.
might even be a case where funi has exclusive rights that they were sharing with crunchy until the end of 2018 and now that it's 2019 they can negotiate other things.

or maybe they will just have the new season and hope people watched the other seasons already.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate the fact that I'm looking forward to Quintessential Quintuplets. The manga actually isn't bad for "harem trash".

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland 1

fuuuuuck what a great adaptation so far. They absolutely nailed it, especially that last shot with Mama. Get ready for an amazing ride.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i still have a life goal of trying to convince someone to watch toradora by trying to fool them into believing it's a delinquent fighting show based off that one scene

Status
Not open for further replies.