• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So HxH 70-71
Possibly the greatest game of volleyball ever played?!?
I wasn't expecting espn level of analysis from this anime but I'll take it.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland and Mob Psycho 100 season II:

AOTA ANIME OF THE AGES

Dororo: strong AOTS

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched anything since I finished Gridman.

Should I pull up Megalobox, Zombieland Saga or Planet With next?
Watch all three.

Megalo Box has the old anime visuals which I love so if you do like that then you will enjoy it. Great soundtrack too.

Planet With is the best mechanics anime in years and very well done.

Zombieland Saga is great and I recommend just watching it without reading up on it.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the first episode of The Promised Neverland, I had a feeling the twist was going to be what I expected because of the whole tattooed numbers but it was done way better than I would have thought. Looking forward to what happens in the next episode because of the last scene.

Now I need to put aside some time to watch the two episodes of Boogiepop.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
The Promised Neverland 1

Maybe be a bit too on the nose, compared to the manga. Just feels like they are trying a bit too hard with the setup. Wasn't the fan of the weird 3D they've used for the gate scene. Still it wasn't the 1st chapter that really drew me in, it was everything that came after. Let's see how they handle all that.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll award nominee actually not that bad.. like its at least better than what reddit have.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday Hidamari Sketch episode 1.

FFU6UQD.png

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
episode counts on the season
girly air force - 12
The Quintessential Quintuplets -12
Promised Neverland - 12
Rising Shield hero - 25
Boogiepop and Others -18

Oct 25, 2017

-Best protagonist choices are terrible
-Momonga being best antagonist choice is odd, if protagonist is the main character and antagonist is the person opposing the main character then, who is the protagonist in Overlord???
-Shigaraki should be there instead of All for One, AFO is just a tool to develop Shigs, he didnt do anything of note.

-Best boy: Should have had Kirishima or Bakugo or even Todoroki or Kaminari there instead of Midoriya. Midoriya didnt do much of anything of note this year

-Best girl: Yawn

-Best OP sequence: Weird choices, several huge omissions, would have had shingeki here instead of in the ED picks, also would have had HeroAca here as well. Grand Blue would have been here too. And Gundam Build Divers.

-Best ED sequence: would have had something from BLack Clover here, Boruto as well, Free! is an obvious omission as well.

-Best JP performance: would have had someone from Shingeki here as well, Eren and Historia both did the most convincing, emotional, and passionate performances this year. Bakugo would have also been a choice too as he was just as memorable in his emotion charged moment.

-Best EN performance: would NOT have had All Might there, he barely did anything of note.

-Best director: I guess i would go with planet with

-Best animation: Dont really know why HeroAca is here when it just did the usual thing, actually even a step down from the norm. Would have probably moved Planet with into this category. Food Wars should also have gone here, Shingeki as well, and even the first half of SAO.

-Best film: Would have put the XFLAG BBQ movie Starlight Promises here

-Best character design: JJBA? lol no. Only Narancia and Fuugo are interesting the designs, but even then everyone is a bit too jagged and and pointy to be appealing. Would have picked Free! SAO cause Eugeo, Beatless, and MercStoria, and Boruto

-Anime of the Year: *its a secret it* *wink*

-Best fight scene: SasuNaru v Momoshiki hands down no questions asked. HeroAca 's and Devilman Crybaby's were just not memorable. Most people rather remember and were strongly affected by BakuMido fight than All Mights and AFO. Devilman Crybaby no one cares about fighting, they care about the emotional turmoil and drama. Jiren v Goku, at the end of the day, once youve seen one Dragonball Fight you've seen them all, so nothing to see there folks.

-Best continuing series: Definitely BLack Clover. Every episode is better than the one before it. Anime hasnt been this delicious since Naruto (franchise)

Last edited:

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Boogiepop Doesn't Laugh 3

That wasn't the way I expected things to end, the foreshadowing on episode 1 was more or less half the truth. Nagi was robbed.

The anime still feels very weird, and it's not just its narrative that is weird.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Date a Live III - 01

Is Bethsada making anime now? Even My Sister My Writer had a first episode before the character models started melting, this needs a day one patch.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I think it did Time Travel well...Too bad theres no "best Time travel" category.
I'm nine episodes in, and I can't really put my finger on what's mediocre about it, it just... kind of is. Maybe because it's such a drastic drop in quality from any other ABe show. Love them or hate them, they all had god-tier art design. Rerided just feels phoned in on every level. Nothing seems fleshed out, just rushing from plot point to plot point.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Boogiepop and Others Episode 3:

I am not going to lie, the flat fucking presentation of this series is already wearing on my nerves and it also makes me understand the Monogatari series on another level.

Oct 25, 2017
Derrida Episode 9:

The first actually interesting bit of backstory(Vidaux being a damn kidnapper), and Mage finally shows up after nine damn episodes. Jesus.
I still think about that plot and am like, would he ever tell her and how awkward that would be.

Honestly I liked some of the backstory in this show for the characters, several are still memorable even after this many weeks since it concluded.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I still think about that plot and am like, would he ever tell her and how awkward that would be.

Honestly I liked some of the backstory in this show for the characters, several are still memorable even after this many weeks since it concluded.
Reading the comments help summarize my problems with the show. When it does have a good idea, it's half baked and they don't run with it, they just jump back to the main story so it can plod along.

Oct 25, 2017
Date A Live is already a trainwreck. Boogiepop episode 3's fight sequence is somewhat suspect. JoJo's production is falling apart. Index's production has been a mess for awhile. I suspect Kaguya will join this list shortly.

Whatever the issues with the fight in episode 3 of Boogiepop are, they're probably not due to a rushed schedule, as there's only been one AD per episode so far (a sadly much less common situation today than it used to be). Some of the others you mention do seem to have a genuinely troubled production schedule, though, not that that's more than what you'd expect these days.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time it is when the anime is funded by Netflix.

There's not really an actual anime funded by Netflix, even the ones that are exclusive on their stream are funded by other companies and then Netflix pays for a exclusive license of distribution (which is why those don't even appear on japanese TV) and then it's on their service for years until they need to pays for renewing the contract.

I'ts time for an Isekai where the protagonist is a woman.
Yuri harem ensues. I don't even know if this is good or bad.

In the case of modern Isekai, in anime there's two cases of female protagonists in Isekai with Youjo Senki and Marchen Madchen. But in Light Novels there's many and many out there that we know, be it on LN dedicated to male or female readers. I'm not going to talk too much about manga because the majority of Isekai there are adaptation of LN and there's few original series with Isekai but they do exist as well even if quite smaller (and there's one original manga with female protagonist).

For manga that I know and isn't a adaptation of anything:

Gyaru Tensei ~ Isekai Seikatsu Majidarui ~

On LN there's of course much more Isekai and because of that, more Isekai with female MC

In another world I'm called a black healer
149422.jpg

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
182391.jpg

I've been killing slimes for 300 years and reached Max level
207976.jpg

Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu
204905.jpg

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen
149552.jpg

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (a anime was announced)
176796.jpg

I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags… also known as Bakarina (also got anime adaptation announced)
190469.jpg

Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? (also got a anime adaptation announced)
170075.jpg

And there's many more out there but I would be the entire day citing them. lol Many of those are on my list to read someday and I just read the one that kills slimes which is really comfy and interesting to read.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Domestic Girlfriend - 01

Well that's an uhh... Interesting love? Triangle?? We have here.

Price of Smiles - 02

Well... the title of the show is aptly named.

I think my ears just burst, dat scream.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
(Now that my PC has risen from it's grave )

I've hyped myself a bit for 2019 but this Winter season is actually pretty barren. Spring when.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka - 01

Just when I got out they pull me back in.

I retired from the force in middle school enjoying my retirement, I still see the faces of the comrades we lost when we defeated the big bad and saved the world, I haven't seen my cute marketable mascot in 3 years, but I like this new life I'm living, I thought I found peace but the battlefield always calls out to me, why? Because war never changes.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
In the case of modern Isekai, in anime there's two cases of female protagonists in Isekai with Youjo Senki and Marchen Madchen.
Youjo Senki was good but the protagonist being a man in the real world was somewhat outside of the requirements I had in mind. This poses an interesting question: does Tanya identify as a woman or a man? My knowledge of Japanese is too basic to grasp if the language used in Tanya's inner monologues give any hint about the answer.
The only thing I can remember about Marchen Madchen is that it was so bad that I dropped it after the first episode.
Coincidentally I was thinking that Meiji Tokyo Renka would almost count as female led Isekai but it seems I would be wrong as wikipedia says it's just time travel. I started watching it and I found myself skipping ahead to see if anything piqued my interest but these otome game based anime tend to have a male cast that I find insufferable. I skipped so much that I didn't realise it was the past and not a different world. In hindsight it should have been obvious since Meiji does denote a historical period.

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul :re 23-24 END
bBGP7Iq.jpg

You truly were the Tokyo Ghoul Matsuri.

There was slight upgrade to the direction and art/animation so let's praise this finale for that but sadly the disastrous translation of end game Furuta's&Kaneki's designs and the continuing comical DBZization of the fights robbed me of any good will towards this. They made the final fight into some kind Gohan vs Cell rehash with auras and stuff. Yuck.

Oct 25, 2017
GioGio 14

DwqFxflU8AAjRwr.jpg

This is really one of the more fucked up stands. The pseudoscience that Giorno thinks of is pretty funny too. New ED visuals are infinitely better obviously. Also its canon that this plays 24/7 in the turtle.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Youjo Senki was good but the protagonist being a man in the real world was somewhat outside of the requirements I had in mind.
The only thing I can remember about Marchen Madchen is that it was so bad that I dropped it after the first episode.
Coincidentally I was thinking that Meiji Tokyo Renka would almost count as female led Isekai but it seems I would be wrong as wikipedia says it's just time travel. I started watching it and I found myself skipping ahead to see if anything piqued my interest but these otome game based anime tend to have a male cast that I find insufferable. I skipped so much that I didn't realise it was the past and not a different world. In hindsight it should have been obvious since Meiji does denote a historical period.

Don't ignore all the LN that I picked hahaha There's even three there that will get a anime :( And maybe someday more of those will get as well.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Don't ignore all the LN that I picked hahaha There's even three there that will get a anime :( And maybe someday more of those will get as well.
I appreciate you taking the time to list those but I have this weird requirement for novels (that for some reason I don't apply to manga or anime) that I very rarely read translations so it's either the original text or bust. This makes it very unlikely I'll ever read any LN.
I'll definitely check the anime adaptations of those that get one, though.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's not really an actual anime funded by Netflix, even the ones that are exclusive on their stream are funded by other companies and then Netflix pays for a exclusive license of distribution (which is why those don't even appear on japanese TV) and then it's on their service for years until they need to pays for renewing the contract.
Thanks for the correction.

anybody know when the second part of Baki is supposed to come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.