• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Ekoda-Chan Episode 2:

I think this might be the Neo Yokio of anime in terms of bizarre non sequitur statements that are being passed off as Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Just imagine showing a body abs in animation.....W H E W!

giphy.gif

Anime fears female abs I have noticed.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Well funny enough, the studio doing this is probably responsible for 90% of female abs in anime outside of Attack on Titan.

I don't think Attack on Titan actually shows abs that often (hell, S3 severely cut down some abs scenes with Levi/Erwin).

Most if not all the female abs depicted stem from that one Mikasa gif which was from a joke OVA. Unless Titan abs count, of course ;P

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Where can I talk about The Promised Neverland anime? Here or is there a thread? I just watched the first episode knowing next to nothing about the show and I'm fucking hooked.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the mood for more Toku/Mecha with a quirky undertone like Gridman and so far Planet With is filling in with aplomb.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Bloom Into You 1-13
I had wanted to write more about Bloom Into You, but when I read it back I realized that I was getting too personal about it. There is some subject matter the show covers that strikes closer to home than maybe any other anime I've ever watched, and even though it's been many years since it happened, I'm not particularly comfortable opening up about it. But I can say that in that respect, as well as anything else related to the narrative or the script, Bloom Into You excels in a way few other shows have managed to reach, creating a small but thoroughly well-realized cast of very human characters struggling with problems that... are all too real. While I wish the direction of the material could've been stronger throughout, it never really detracts from the material, and the soundtrack does make up for a lot in regards to some of the more intimate moments. I know I was harsh on this show in the past, and while I still think it's a bit of a "late bloomer" in terms of showing its true colors, I still think everyone should do themselves a favor and watch one of the best written anime there is.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017

Dogakobo finally awaken to muscle anime girl after doing Uzamaid. If the quality is as good as Uzamaid ending, we're going to get some high quality exercise animation

Mob psycho II 1-2
Its back and it's as good as ever. High quality animation with great writing. Opening and ED not as good as the first one,but it still good

Ueno-san 1-2
This is the kind of trash i want

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cowboy Bebop
Episode 10.
Before I talk about this episode gotta give a little backstory about myself.
Not many of you know this but at age 16 I was wrestling with my friend (the WWE kind) and he did a move on me which basically fractured my neck, and led to the bone pinching my spinal cord. Basically it made me disabled and paralyzed from the chest down. I was just about to start my junior year, and there was this girl I had a major crush on. When the accident occurred time basically stopped for me, I watched all my friends grow up and go off to college. I watched my older brother and sister get married and move out. It was hard for me and it still is and I wished that I could somehow travel back to 2014, confess my feelings to my crush and just try and do better in life, and school. Even though I went back to high school and graduated I still regretted about the past.

This episode inspired to stop thinking about the past let it go and let time flow. Throw the pocket watch into the water basically. This shits deep bruhs.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Cowboy Bebop
Episode 10.
Before I talk about this episode gotta give a little backstory about myself.
Not many of you know this but at age 16 I was wrestling with my friend (the WWE kind) and he did a move on me which basically fractured my neck, and led to the bone pinching my spinal cord. Basically it made me disabled and paralyzed from the chest down. I was just about to start my junior year, and there was this girl I had a major crush on. When the accident occurred time basically stopped for me, I watched all my friends grow up and go off to college. I watched my older brother and sister get married and move out. It was hard for me and it still is and I wished that I could somehow travel back to 2014, confess my feelings to my crush and just try and do better in life, and school. Even though I went back to high school and graduated I still regretted about the past.

This episode inspired to stop thinking about the past let it go and let time flow. Throw the pocket watch into the water basically. This shits deep bruhs.
That's awesome that you've come to that decision. Good for you!

Dec 28, 2018
Land of the Lustrous Episode 2

Well this was another great episode that managed to make me laugh my ass off at one point and then make me feel pretty sad at another. The stuff with Jade was pretty funny and Phos continues to be a damn enjoyable protagonist. Also liked seeing the Diamonds in action as well as the drama surrounding them. But boy that entire scene with Phos getting eaten by that giant snail and then being digested was pretty disturbing and saddening. I know they said they can't die but like how they hell do you bounce back after something like that? But again another great episode and I can't wait to see what's next.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Shield 2

Another great ep, digging the OP and EP for this. Show seems to be moving at a fairly quick pace, looks like they'll be fighting the first wave next week.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Shield 2

Another great ep, digging the OP and EP for this. Show seems to be moving at a fairly quick pace, looks like they'll be fighting the first wave next week.

Was super wary of this show but it seems to be going really well so far after that first episode hurdle. I'm interested in watching things grow from here.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Was super wary of this show but it seems to be going really well so far after that first episode hurdle. I'm interested in watching things grow from here.
yeah for the most part I enjoyed the LN, they seemed to have handled the slavery situation quite well (crying ralph got me to tear up a lil). There's another potentially problematic scene that will come later where I'm curious how they'll handle it

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Shield will adapt basically the best parts of the novel, IMO. The ending is something out of this world, I still don't get it even now (Web novel, maybe it'll change on the LN, hopefully).

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Rising of the Incel Hero - 02

Interest dropped in it a bit with this episode, but it makes sense that this ep. would revolve around the new character and her interactions with protag. Not gonna be into it if a big part of this as it moves forward will be babying the slave. It is refreshing, at least, that the hero's companion seemingly isn't a romantic interest. It's more of a father/daughter bond. A wish fulfilment-y depiction, but nice nonetheless.

If it does move towards that creepy shit, I am OUT

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Rising of the Incel Hero - 02

Interest dropped in it a bit with this episode, but it makes sense that this ep. would revolve around the new character and her interactions with protag. Not gonna be into it if a big part of this as it moves forward will be babying the slave. It is refreshing, at least, that the hero's companion seemingly isn't a romantic interest. It's more of a father/daughter bond. A wish fulfilment-y depiction, but nice nonetheless.

If it does move towards that creepy shit, I am OUT

get ready to be out because

she ages up to be hot and 18 looking after traveling with him for like 2 weeks, despite still technically being 10

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
get ready to be out because

she ages up to be hot and 18 looking after traveling with him for like 2 weeks, despite still technically being 10

That makes absolutely no difference as she's not sexualized in any moment and his relationship with her is the same as before.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
That makes absolutely no difference as she's not sexualized in any moment and his relationship with her is the same as before.
we will see what happens, but atm anyways, the show is holding a balance between the mc not wanting to treat her badly, but also she was bought for a reasson and the mc needs to force her to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.