• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 05

lmfao she fucking poked a hole in the tire herself

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun and Moon 98-101

Unlike y'all, I only watch good isekai

6HyLgTk.png

Ash has such a non-reaction to being in a destroyed Melemele Island it is kind of funny. Also Guzzlorrd's cry is terrifying, it just sounds like a dude screaming. Guzzlord's ultra space was one of the cooler things about Ultra Sun/Moon and it was cool to get an episode about it here. Also great lessons learned here like protect the environment kids, or god will abandon you in your hour of need.

Also in the previous episode, I didn't expect Lana to get the Eevee. It was cuter with it's hair long.

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It's much the same as Goblin Slayer. Plenty of dorks watched it because it pissed off the "right" people.

I am sure there are but let's not generalize. There are a lot of people who watch anime and don't follow social media like forums or twitter. None of my friends are aware there's any controversy surrounding Goblin Slayer or Shield Hero. Dutch magazine Aniway recommended Goblin Slayer as a must watch and it was being praised by almost every user on probably the biggest Dutch anime site.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 02

1TpeIxi.jpg

Lala's transformation was soooo goooood!
Also just a pretty good episode all around. So many little things about this series give me a ton of hope for how it'll turn out -- the lack of monsters of the week, the fact that they're not tossing aside Lala's responsibility issues right away, the friction between the characters, the physicality of the action choreography... It's really sinking in that the first episode wasn't just a fluke.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Was that their only recommendation cause there no way GS was their only show they watched unless they really not like every other show that season.

Lol ya'll are going to be constantly disappointed.

I am sure there are but let's not generalize. There are a lot of people who watch anime and don't follow social media like forums or twitter. None of my friends are aware there's any controversy surrounding Goblin Slayer or Shield Hero. Dutch magazine Aniway recommended Goblin Slayer as a must watch and it was being praised by almost every user on probably the biggest Dutch anime site.

I wasn't generalizing tbh. GS was the most popular series on Crunchyroll last season, you don't get that from just alt right geeks.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kaguya 5

As expected, great episode.
Two of my favourite inside jokes got introduced and that umbrella part was even better than I remember. The effects only made an already great chapter even funnier.

Next week should be really awesome so brace yourselves.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 02

1TpeIxi.jpg

Lala's transformation was soooo goooood!
Also just a pretty good episode all around. So many little things about this series give me a ton of hope for how it'll turn out -- the lack of monsters of the week, the fact that they're not tossing aside Lala's responsibility issues right away, the friction between the characters, the physicality of the action choreography... It's really sinking in that the first episode wasn't just a fluke.

>runs off to youtube

Wow this destroys Cure Star's transformation lmao
Well at least it's universal between the staff and the fans for the preferred Cure

Just D

Oct 26, 2017
Violet Evergarden: 12-13

Probably shouldn't have watched these last two episodes together. Episode 12 turned out to be pretty disappointing. Get what they were trying to show with Violet's development, but it turned out to be such an illogical and awkward moment. So that kinda dampened the last episode, still a good show overall but yeah didn't like that part.

Steins;Gate 0: 18-23

Finished this up too. Think I liked the first half more than the second. Seeing the state Okabe was in after the choice in that worldline was interesting. Maho turned out to be a good addition too seeing how both her and Okabe was trying to work past their grief. However, didn't like the addition of Kagari and felt the showed dragged down once the focus was put on her, didn't like the Mayuri focus either. Also, found the rest of characters to start getting irritating after a while, sometimes I got it seeing as they don't know what Okabe fully went through but other times they were just outta pocket. Not on the original level but it was still neat.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Kaguya 5
Cute.

Hanebado! 5
I think I love this. That match was excellent, the use of music was so good. And can I talk about how this is a sports anime that's also a psychological horror piece?? The Beast has awakened and she's about to eat the flesh of her enemies...

Metaphorically through badminton.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun and Moon 104-107

In this episode, Ash gets his life threatened by a deity after offending it. Damn foreigners. Most of the portion has been kind of boring but at least there are some evolutions happening. All caught up again.

Last edited:

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Kaguya 05

I've completely forgotten how funny are the chapters in which Fujiwara helps Shirogane to improve himself. Can't wait for the singing and balloon episodes lol

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I like some of the ideas of the anime and one of my best friends really likes the manga so I felt like I should give it a try. Dropping the slave shit was a great first step on getting better, and then IMMEDIATELY it goes back to it, argh.
Yeah that completely ruined everything up 'til ep 4 and now I have no more reason to give the show the benefit of the doubt. The question is, do I keep watching for the parts I enjoy? The answer is... I guess not.

At least this experience has informed me that "The Good Slave Master" is a trope in anime. Legit hadn't run into it before. Lucky me, I guess? Unlucky in the sense I liked this show, though.

C'est la vie. Dropped.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Neo Ranga

I should be old enough to know not to get interested in an anime because of some art I've seen, but I ended up picking this up because of some fan art and the art on the covers . . . I thought there was body paint in this, but there wasn't, not one scene in the entire 48 short episodes. Surprisingly, one episode had a topless woman.

Also, the story is a mess. And the narration is horrid. Ultimately, I have no clue what idea the story was trying to get across.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dororo 5

Yeesh, that last episode was heavy.
Wonder if he can regenerate his foot or have to recover the old prosthetic

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Neo Ranga

I should be old enough to know not to get interested in an anime because of some art I've seen, but I ended up picking this up because of some fan art and the art on the covers . . . I thought there was body paint in this, but there wasn't, not one scene in the entire 48 short episodes. Surprisingly, one episode had a topless woman.

Also, the story is a mess. And the narration is horrid. Ultimately, I have no clue what idea the story was trying to get across.
I almost feel like you should watch Earth Girl Arjuna now.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/812/Chikyuu_Shoujo_Arjuna?q=earth girl arjun

:P
(no, it's not a good show, but I happened to watch it around the same time as Neo Ranga a long long time ago lol)

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Dec 28, 2018
The Twelve Kingdoms Episode 1

Must say that I'm rather intrigued by this anime so far. Certainly has done more to grab my interest than other isekai have that's for sure. Props for the main character being female since that's almost non existent in a lot of isekai. Though the same thing could be said about manga/anime as a whole as well. Anyways can't say I care much for her right now as I found her to be kinda annoying. Not that I can blame her considering the situation she was thrown into. Also not a huge fan of her being the chosen one and what not. Never been a fan of this trope in other series so I can't say I'm excited to see it pop up here. Hope that it gets handled well atleast. Also wanna say poor Sugimoto man this girl just can't seem to catch a break. Gets treated like shit by her classmates for committing the terrible crime of being anti social and has clear interest in going to the other world but can't cause she isn't the main character. Hope she manages to find some happiness later on. There was one scene in this episode that I felt was a bit odd.
When Keiki first shows up in the classroom not a single other person reacts to him. So I assumed that this whole sequence was a day dream and that he wasn't really there. But then the teacher comes in and starts asking who he is. Meaning that Keiki was actually there the whole time which makes the lack of any kind of reaction from the other students really weird.
Regardless of that this was a good first episode and I'll keep on watching to see what happens next.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
man sao's garbage problematicness now seems so quaint to me. overton window of your anime is shit keeps shifting.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
nah gotta have rape + slaves + people defending slaves now to even get into Top 16 i bet

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
GeGeGe no Kitaro 43
Man, this show has talked about a lot of difficult subjects (gentrification, artistic license, human trafficking, etc.), but I think assisted suicide might be the single most difficult topic they've made the centerpiece of an episode to date. Plot wise, it's a fairly simple episode, but that's because the morality of the debate makes up the entire conflict. Considering some of the arguments made in the last episode regarding Kitaro's "eagerness" to help humans at the expense of youkai, his position is put to the ultimate test when a human who made himself into a youkai asks for him to destroy his new form for the sake of others. Of course, things are more complicated than that, but the episode does not try to brush away the severity of the decision at stake, nor plays off the consequences of Kitaro's action in the end. It's a tough episode to watch, but very much in keeping with these heavier episodes of late.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
If that person is legit, I wonder what the sakuga nerds who claim that budgets are more or less the same have to say.
But that is true, it is misconception to think shows with better animation have bigger budget. Take One Punch Man were it has been repeatedly mention that the show was created with a very average and if anything it was proper scheduling that helped create its great animation. If you don't want to take my word, go read Bahi JD tweets as he is an American animator working in Japan.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
But that is true, it is misconception to think shows with better animation have bigger budget. Take One Punch Man were it has been repeatedly mention that the show was created with a very average and if anything it was proper scheduling that helped create its great animation. If you don't want to take my word, go read Bahi JD tweets as he is an American animator working in Japan.

I am well aware that that budget =/= quality but that's not the point. I've seen quite a few people from the sakuga cartel claim that budgets are mostly standardized but that Kadokawa rep claims otherwise so I'm curious as to what they have to say.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I am well aware that that budget =/= quality but that's not the point. I've seen quite a few people from the sakuga cartel claim that budgets are mostly standardized but that Kadokawa rep claims otherwise so I'm curious as to what they have to say.
I mean while its true. Its obvious such like SAO anime have higher budget than 3D Kanojo or Kemono Friend S1

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Hanebado! 10
I love that this has turned from "yeah, let's get her to play again!" to "OMG GO BACK GO BA-" *static* *blood spatter noises*

Hanebado! 12
ilPxenY.gif

Hanebado! END
It's probably strange that I might like this more than Ping Pong. And Ping Pong is great, don't get me wrong. But this was just fun and silly and vicious all at the same time. I mean, the team has a pet feral now, and the mum is like lol whoops there goes my spawn and everyone is now "we'll forget that time Ayano was a Yandere, no problem!"

This was great and I retroactively add it to my AOTY list.

Last edited:

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Ive been out of the anime community loop for awhile and the most shocking thing is that Shield Hero has some noticeable popularity at all lol.

I swear ive seen atleast 30 anime that are literally the same as it, is the animation?

I could understand why something like Goblin Slayer could be popular, but shield hero?

Really?

Maybe it says something about me that i didnt even bat an eye to the controversial side of it till i read of it since im so used to the tropes in use.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Ive been out of the anime community loop for awhile and the most shocking thing is that Shield Hero has some noticeable popularity at all lol.

I swear ive seen atleast 30 anime that are literally the same as it, is the animation?

I could understand why something like Goblin Slayer could be popular, but shield hero?

Really?

Maybe it says something about me that i didnt even bat an eye to the controversial side of it till i read of it since im so used to the tropes in use.
It's well animated and has a unique main character. The setting is also a little more mature then let's say SAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.