• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I wish Kotobuki had a 2-5 minutes educational segment for those of us that don't know much about propeller planes. The kind of cheap stuff that is barely animated with super deformed characters but dense with interesting trivia. Preferably related to stuff that happened in the episode dogfights.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Kotobuki had a 2-5 minutes educational segment for those of us that don't know much about propeller planes. The kind of cheap stuff that is barely animated with super deformed characters but dense with interesting trivia. Preferably related to stuff that happened in the episode dogfights.
Why did you say this? Because I want it now.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Domestic Girlfriend episode 5

Well that episode ran the gamut. Glad we didn't get another How Not to Summon a Demon Lord with the
suppository
part.

Oct 25, 2017

Like the Gunbuster Science Lessons?

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Mob

Reigen and S1 ending being finally called out for being morally putrid pieces of fragrant goo ? Best episode in the series.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Domestic Girlfriend ep.5
I really thought we were almost jumping down the Scum's Wish/School Days rabbit hole for a minute there but they went the suppository route instead..... wait, what the? we're family........

Quintuples Harem ep.5:
This is certainly trending down the harem route, but I must admit that the show does have some heart built into it. It's not all ecchi trash and there is some thought and emotion put into the scenes and how he treats each sister.

Love is War ep.5
The best way to describe this is cute. The interactions between all characters, their thoughts, reactions and motives is all great and the cute shipping moments are well done as well. IT's rare to find something cute and harmless like this show that is still entertaining.

Kakegurui XX ep.5
yes, more idol crap, sweet. I can;t wait for the new twist now that her pay-off scheme was foiled.

Da Capo ep.1-11
I still have no opinion on this one yet. The vast of characters is alright but the way they depict Nemu as the sad and sullen imouto is getting tiresome. It's fine and all if you want to follow the "bury the childhood friend or non-blood sister, but don't make them miserable as you pair the MC with a bunch of other chicks... Also, these episodes are like 16 long at the most, really weird,

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar ep. 1-6
I started watching this one awhile and decided to give it another whirl. It has 48 min episodes and a sizable cast/harem, but at least his harem is all happen and not miserable. Either way, excessive ecchi aside, the show is pretty fun and entertaining to watch.

Last edited:

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
As far as I know no one picked up Rakugo for distribution in the US beyond streaming.
Not surprising as regardless of quality a historical drama anime is a super hard sell. It's not impossible it gets rescued but the market for historical dramas is super duper niche.
Such a shame! I thought for sure I'd be able to buy a BR from Funi themselves but nothing. I see it is available to digitally buy from Amazon Video but that isn't very exciting cause I want to like foist a disc on someone and plead that they watch it.

I am familiar/a fan of some of those other series you mentioned but others I'm not aware about so I'll take a look!

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Yozakura Quartet 01-4
Still surely the greatest sting operation FBI ever slapped together.

Ping Pong the Animation 01
Perhaps better than I remember as I'm now more equipped to appreciate what it's doing at technical level.

Chuunibyo S2 01-02
  • Love story continues past confession and shows the actual dating part.
  • The couple is living together in the same flat.
  • Great production values.
Surely, one of the most adult and best romantic stories already !

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Chuunibyo S2 01-02
  • Love story continues past confession and shows the actual dating part.
  • The couple living together in the same flat.
  • Great production values.
Surely, one of the most adult and best romantic stories already !

lol, wellll........

giphy.gif

Last edited:

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
It has one! Natsuo's Mechanical Corner is just that, included in the second half for each episode of KOTOBUKI Communication:

コトブキ通信 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu5mTioKIfLFVPHxfK_RshDT7jpLkGe6T

From Mr. Mizushima & Co., I for sure expected them devising something akin to Yukari's Tank Corner (as an example of that, this is the "EXTRA" episode included on the BD-BOX for GIRLS und PANZER released this past December), knowing their attention to technical details and minutiae always exhibited.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame! I thought for sure I'd be able to buy a BR from Funi themselves but nothing. I see it is available to digitally buy from Amazon Video but that isn't very exciting cause I want to like foist a disc on someone and plead that they watch it.

I am familiar/a fan of some of those other series you mentioned but others I'm not aware about so I'll take a look!
I should note with Ippo that is like the second or third season :P

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
lol people are starting to use Shield Hero to defend Vic Mignogna, since of course the princess in that series lied about being rape, so must all the women accusing Vic of harassment.

Good good, glad that series exists and the Crunchyroll helped fund it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 II - Episode 6

Took this episode for me to remember why I dislike Reigen as an influential person in Mob's life. At least Mob's developing a backbone as his confidence goes up, and he's now capable of standing up to him.

I can't tell if I want Reigen's lie as a fake to be exposed on live television, or for him to be able to slip out of it somehow. I think it's the former at this point, because he needs more of an ego check than his realization this episode that he's alone.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Like the Gunbuster Science Lessons?
Exactly, but instead of bogus science it should contain historical facts and engineering trivia of the diferent airplanes.
It has one! Natsuo's Mechanical Corner is just that, included in the second half for each episode of KOTOBUKI Communication:

コトブキ通信 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu5mTioKIfLFVPHxfK_RshDT7jpLkGe6T

From Mr. Mizushima & Co., I for sure expected them devising something akin to Yukari's Tank Corner (as an example of that, this is the "EXTRA" episode included on the BD-BOX for GIRLS und PANZER released this past December), knowing the attention to technical details and minutiae always exhibited.
That's really nice and exactly what I wished for except the auto-generated youtube translated subtitles are just so so, as it is to be expected

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
lol people are starting to use Shield Hero to defend Vic Mignogna, since of course the princess in that series lied about being rape, so must all the women accusing Vic of harassment.

Good good, glad that series exists and the Crunchyroll helped fund it.

People being idiots got nothing to do with the series. Comparing a guy with multiple accusations against him and many calling out and pointing at his awful behaviour in general to some anime character who got set up in a fantasy world by a princess is just stupid.

And somehow its not even the craziest comparison

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
People being idiots got nothing to do with the series. Comparing a guy with multiple accusations against him and many calling out and pointing at his awful behaviour in general to some anime character who got set up in a fantasy world by a princess is just stupid.

And somehow its not even the craziest comparison

Jesus Tapdancing Christ...

Quintuples Harem ep.5:
This is certainly trending down the harem route, but I must admit that the show does have some heart built into it. It's not all ecchi trash and there is some thought and emotion put into the scenes and how he treats each sister.
There's definitely an air of harem ending surrounding the series atm, but since the whole thing is set as a flashback on his wedding day he's got to end up with one of them eventually.

It sorta reminds me of How I Met your Mother in a weird sorta way.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone mind filling me in on the big controversy over Goblin Slayer? Is it as bad as Shield Hero?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Would anyone mind filling me in on the big controversy over Goblin Slayer? Is it as bad as Shield Hero?
First episode features a fairly graphic rape sequence, female character designs throughout the series are on the revealing side, and about half the female cast wants to bang the MC. A lot of people take issue with a later episode
Wherein the main character is killed and then revived by having sex with a virgin
The series also has some pretty bad CG in several episodes.

For what it's worth, I watched and enjoyed the series, I liked some of the characters and the story (whilst predictable and formulaic) is fairly enjoyable. But I can't fault anybody for not liking the series due to it's issues.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dororo Episode 6
Add these to the list of things the poor guy first experiences:
-First words are the name of his lover dying in his arms.
-First love got sexually abused by her murderers who kill her and her family.

Man, this anime keep being depressing. Next episodes should be interesting. The guy will obviously snitch on them which will mean trouble.
It is very tone deaf.
It uses rape as a subject to show how terrible goblins are and yet tries to have fan service scenes with said characters who are still feeling the trauma.

It is not as bad as Shield Hero in my opinion because it is less dangerous but is more of a trashy anime. Shield Hero is being turned into an anti-Me too tool that alt-right is using and now we have people making light of slavery. It gets even worse if they adapt some of the things I have been told are in the novel and the manga.

Now the reason I say less dangerous is that society has been using rape as a plot device for a while now so Goblin Slayer will be one of those things you will look back on and cringe unlike Shield Hero which is something that has tons of problematic shit that is unusual.

Last edited:

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First episode features a fairly graphic rape sequence, female character designs throughout the series are on the revealing side, and about half the female cast wants to bang the MC. A lot of people take issue with a later episode
Wherein the main character is killed and then revived by having sex with a virgin

For what it's worth, I watched and enjoyed the series, I liked some of the characters and the story (whilst predictable and formulaic) is fairly enjoyable. But I can't fault anybody for not liking the series due to it's issues.
I thought they didn't have sex in that episode? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that magic spell was done by 2B but because she was raped she needed the priestess to be in the bed while she was casting it?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I thought they didn't have sex in that episode? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that magic spell was done by 2B but because she was raped she needed the priestess to be in the bed while she was casting it?
Could be, I'm not sure sure to be honest.

It's a stupid fucking plot point regardless :/

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017

As said, that spoiler is wrong.

Same one everyone else did. The Priestess, the Childhood Friend, the Quest Girl, the Sword Priestess...

I guess Elf Girl is designed better and the Dragon Crown parody chick isn't trying to bang the main character, but still.
Only Cow Girl, who I don't like the anime design of either, and Sword Priestess would get the big breasts description.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 II 06

oh yeah Reigen is a giant piece of shit. Sort of got put on the backburner for a while.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

This show is amazing, I love when kaguya makes a scary face, I can't believe the president didn't break yet

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, my japanese housemate who i'm watching Kaguya with says a lot of the incidental background music is very specific parodies or references to romantic comedy trope music from dramas and stuff. Like, specific tracks.

He also got hung up about the OP's main singer and turned out he was the main singer for a sega saturn game's OP or something

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Mate, they had 24 episodes.

You can absolutely tell a satisfying story in 24 episodes. But at the pace they were going, 24 simply wasn't enough. They need to tell a love story between two main protagonists, have a story arc for each member, set up a sci-fi world, set up several mysteries and provided answers to them, and develop a backstory for two primary antagonists. They obviously couldn't fit all that in 24 episodes. That's why the end was so rushed. Episode 19 was just a big info dump to explain the world. It also seemed obvious that they were setting up a big confrontation with the 9s but had to pull it at the last second. I'm not saying they needed 50 episodes. But something like 28 could have helped alleviate things.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
You can absolutely tell a satisfying story in 24 episodes. But at the pace they were going, 24 simply wasn't enough. They need to tell a love story between two main protagonists, have a story arc for each member, set up a sci-fi world, set up several mysteries and provided answers to them, and develop a backstory for two primary antagonists. They obviously couldn't fit all that in 24 episodes. That's why the end was so rushed. Episode 19 was just a big info dump to explain the world. It also seemed obvious that they were setting up a big confrontation with the 9s but had to pull it at the last second. I'm not saying they needed 50 episodes. But something like 28 could have helped alleviate things.

Everything about this reads like an indictment of the production that shouldn't be excused by giving them even more time to trip over themselves.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about this reads like an indictment of the production that shouldn't be excused by giving them even more time to trip over themselves.

Well actually no. Because in my original post I explained that I had multiple issues with the anime. Adding a few more episodes was just one suggestion to help better some aspect of it. It doesn't solve other parts.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I just figured out that the character designer for Dororo is the Tegamibachi mangaka. I should watch ED's more often, the image at the end is very obvious.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The moment Hyakkimaru's father get what's coming to him should be one of of the most satisfying moments ever. What a piece of shit.

I hope he gets it hard.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Mob Psycho 100 II 6
Wow @ Reigen's personal life. Too real.

Dororo 6
Jesus Christ.... This is too depressing. I did not expect it to go that way AT ALL. Sucks to be Hyakkimaru, he deserves better. (Mio and the kids too.)

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
kaguya 5
the sakuga on the volleyball was appreciated.

the intensity of the umbrella match also. prez would have lost if not for fujiwara

Status
Not open for further replies.