• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 10

Really enjoyed the fact we've learned at this point Melty and the Queen are good people and seem to want to do right by Shield Hero. Seems odd that the higher society still treats him like shit less for the false rape accusation and moreso just for being the shield hero and the fact the king doesn't seem like the true ruler but is still influencing them. Liked the confrontation between Shield, Sword and Arrow. I'm not sure what Arrow's hang-up is but cool that sword was apologetic for the trouble he was caused from slaying the dragon. Was hoping to see the group class change but I guess that can wait since it seems like we're getting a fight episode next.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Was talking with my friend about how he mainly watches anime while working out, which is crazy to me since I'm so uncoordinated that I gotta concentrate to not fall off the treadmill when I'm watching Netflix. Can't imagine throwing in subtitles into the equation.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
Oh, Didn't know the anime caught up to the manga. Well, time to buy the entire series!

Go for it. Volume 9 of the manga just dropped recently and that's one of the volumes of content that got skipped. Basically part of volume 8 all of 9 and a chunk of 10 got skipped/cut out to get to where we are since Kodansha wants people to buy Shounen Sirius to keep up with this next arc. Given what arc it is and how popular the series is over there, it'll work and work REALLY well. Ditto for driving up sales for the skipped content I think given how those sold on release. Still bummed that certain scenes were cut or were lackluster.

Y12.jpg

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

Not sure what I should make of half that trailer being old footage but at least it's finally here and that's better than ... not being here ? I think ...

----------------------------------------------------

xtt8QKk.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
wow they made Given look really great, thank you Lerche for the BL love

The "youth band story" centers on Ritsuka, who plays guitar but has lost interest in the instrument. One day, he meets Mafuyu, who is holding a broken guitar. Ritsuka unwillingly starts teaching Mafuyu the guitar, but when he hears Mafuyu's voice, things suddenly begin to change for Ritsuka.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ga-gets-tv-anime-in-july-on-noitamina/.144537

Last edited:

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Fate tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited

Not an actual list of good OPs and EDs but the ones that I end not skipping so it is likely that they have catchy music instead of being of high quality even with subpar or hardly no animation.
OPs: Kaguya, Boogiepop
EDs: Dororo, Quintuplets

I really like Quint ED, both visuals and the song

The special Kaguya is easily best visuals though, right?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My 3 month subscription to Crunchyroll ended. I wanted watch the newest Mob episode, but I could wait until saturday at least... but it would be fun if my friends beg me to renew it.

Decisions.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Last anime that had an unskippable OP for me was Kokkoku. No other show since has managed such a feat, not even the amazing Mob S2 OP.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Guess I'm not surprised at all that they're releasing some rugby anime with the world cup being there and all. Well... I guess it's worth a shot.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
The special Kaguya is easily best visuals though, right?
The special Kaguya ending is on a league of its own when it comes to animation.

An honorable mention goes to the fourth Ueno san ending because, when you are a mecha fan, even more so a Gundam fan, semi-naked girls floating on a starry space background with dance music ends irremediably becoming your jam.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone talks about the chika ending(I am not a fan), but I love the Kaguya opening instead. It is just puts me in the right mood to watch

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Promised Neverland 10

I bet my life savings that Norman isn't actually dead. I don't think this show would actually do that to their central 3 characters considering the manga is ongoing.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Promised Neverland 10

Hmm, I feel like I might need to compare with the manga to check if a certain scene is there.

Dec 28, 2018
Haven't been keeping up with the thread as much but I'll assume this hasn't been posted yet.

Second preview gives a better look at Haru and Legosi and I gotta say that both of them look pretty good. Sadly not much in terms of new footage so I can't say much about the animation like last time. Music is still great and I'm hoping it's representative of what will be in the show. Also it seems like it's coming out this year so that's real exciting.

Dec 28, 2018
My Love Story!! Episode 17

Wasn't expecting an episode to focus more on the side characters than Takeo and Yamato but I liked it regardless. Nice to see other characters getting into relationships outside of the main one. And as much as I like them Takeo and Yamato suck at being matchmakers, Suna is a lot better in that regard.
And I find it pretty funny that Kurihara and Nanako were dating for not even a day and already kissed before Yamato and Takeo.
More people need to watch Hinomaru Sumo, the show is so underrated.
I forgot this got an anime adaption, fan of the manga so I'll give it watch one of these days.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
The World God Only Knows 01-03

Can we talk about how Elsie destroys a family and nobody brings it up ever again?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Full Metal Panic 4: 11-12

Loved the ending to the show. Really solid season overall, just really hope we get another season sooner rather than later.

Oct 25, 2017
Full Metal Panic 4: 11-12

Loved the ending to the show. Really solid season overall, just really hope we get another season sooner rather than later.

It's a shame how disastrous the behind-the-scenes production circumstances were. I suspect this was supposed to be a complete adaptation of the rest of the novels before everything fell apart and there was a 6-month delay and then another delay when they still couldn't finish the final episodes. And now the studio itself has been disbanded. Feels like if only the management wasn't so lacking we would have gotten a longer and better show. Oh well.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Haven't been keeping up with the thread as much but I'll assume this hasn't been posted yet.

Second preview gives a better look at Haru and Legosi and I gotta say that both of them look pretty good. Sadly not much in terms of new footage so I can't say much about the animation like last time. Music is still great and I'm hoping it's representative of what will be in the show. Also it seems like it's coming out this year so that's real exciting.

Bah, I see Netflix name in that post, and that massively diminishes my hype, as it means I need to wait half a year after it airs to see it.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Shirobako 5-8
I am trying to keep myself to only watching 3-4 episodes a week, but it is so hard. The show is so highly addicting. A shame though that the female leads all have the typical same face problem compared to the males in the show. But hey, as a One Piece fan I am used to it. Otherwise the show is fantastic

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Bang Dream S2 11

Gotta laugh at Roselia getting the op when they aren't even in the episode at all. I know it's representing Popipa still not having their act together, but it's still amusing. Anyway, if I didn't know better I kind of would've thought Tae's solo song was leading to her joining RAS. Not happening of course, but could've been an interesting cliffhanger for season 3. In any event Tae's arc seems complete, as she knows what matters to her. Arisa also shows how she's matured by managing to lay out her feelings. Kasumi is getting her act together and properly preparing for their live finally. Saaya is there. Rimi exists, I think. Meanwhile hints at the nature of CHU2 and Pareo's relationship. Not happening this season, so I wonder if we'll get their backstory in the game or season 3.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie, I feel like Shield Hero could've ended on Episode 4 cause that was just a damn good episode and kinda covers everything. Like I feel satisfied just from that alone.

Like I'll continue to watch as I have been but if they just said 4 is the ending I'd prob like that more.

Oct 25, 2017
Fate/Stay Heaven's Feel II

Was nice to be in a quiet theater again for an anime movie, still, went with coworkers, felt bad for one of them he was squirming and disgusted/offended over a Shinji scene, someday my fav character design will be treated with dignity, respect, and care. Someday.

Best action sequence Ive ever seen in an anime movie ever. Wow still blown away.
Yami Saber is the best and Berserker finally was handled in a way that made not want to roll my eyes and grow bored. When he was fighting with massive pieces of rocks, and swinging the tower, and Saber's sword just getting bigger, brighter, and stronger and all. Wow, and those explosions and light shows!!!! Destruction and debris!

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Also saw Heaven's Feel: Lost Butterfly tonight. Copying my feelings from elsewhere:

Odd editing but that's not surprising. The first movie too was clearly a love letter to fans more than it was a movie. A number of developments don't flow well on their own and make sense only if you're familiar with the source material. Nothing egregious I think that break it outright as a movie - You can figure it all out - But if creating the best movie possible was their priority, the editing would definitely have been cleaner.

Allot of material is adapted well. The eroge stuff is broken down and split apart from the magic transfer stuff to give the characters more autonomy. The street punks who get fucking butchered in the VN are killed in an original delirium that's still very clear but a bit more R-rated friendly. The cooking and daily life stuff is toned down allot and for the better - This movie made it clear the original didn't need the extended home time to operate. Lore is also put far on the backburner, but we didn't really need anything beyond a mention of Zelritch to know what's going on, and nasu's lore stuff hasn't been the focus of these movies anyway - This is for the fans after all so we know all this shit. Still a bit too much standing around talking sometimes but you can only cut so much of that out, and the movie already excises like 3 fucking hours of Kirei standing in the church expositing as is. Yeah, this is a good one. Fun time.

Oh, and my brother went absolutely nuts for the extended Berserker fight. Like the Lancer fight in the first movie, IIRC, this exchange was much shorter in the VN, especially the Berserker one. I thought he just got straight-up punked in the VN but I just don't remember.

Edit: What am I talking about 'R-rated friendly'? Gil's attack in the next scene is probably the most gruesome sight we've seen animated in this franchise yet. Sakura's delusion is just ufotable shooting for style points.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go for it. Volume 9 of the manga just dropped recently and that's one of the volumes of content that got skipped. Basically part of volume 8 all of 9 and a chunk of 10 got skipped/cut out to get to where we are since Kodansha wants people to buy Shounen Sirius to keep up with this next arc. Given what arc it is and how popular the series is over there, it'll work and work REALLY well. Ditto for driving up sales for the skipped content I think given how those sold on release. Still bummed that certain scenes were cut or were lackluster.

Y12.jpg

Honestly? They should just read the manga since the beginning. Not only because the contet skipped but because the manga is great.

Why choosing Drifting Dragons when Dungeon Menshi exists?

Because Dungeon Meshi is published by Kadokawa and Drifting Dragons is published by Kodansha. That's the very likely reason.

But relax, Kadokawa have like 50 anime per year with their involvement in different capacities for adaptations or originals so in time Dungeon Meshi will be adapted

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another Isekai LN adaptation, another series that originally began as web novel in Shousetsuka ni Narou until it was acquired by a publisher (Media Factory, from Kadokawa).

This one from what I heard is pretty good tho I still need to read it. From what I heard, the entire series is about the protagonist being reborn and you see the entire life of him from being a child, to teenager, to young adult and then adult. It also has a pretty good development as he begins as a bad person and gradually goes to be a good one. Something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.