• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
New poster

BEB0-BE4-E-8-CCA-432-E-A579-9356-D7-D4692-B.jpg
Wheres Fugo?!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I only follow the threads in r/manga but the people are salty as fuck.

I only read the Nino confession and she deserves to win

9 times out of 10, the first girl wins. The only exceptions I usually see is when they go for an actual harem end, or the author says "fuck you" and makes a status quo ending.

It always amazes me how people continue to be shocked with every new harem series. It was obvious from the start in shows like Nisekoi and Oreimo, yet people still threw a fit.

I will say that 5Toubun still not over, but the series has done nothing to persuade me that this won't end with the obvious first girl conclusion.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind 22

Repeat after me: "IF SOMETHING WEIRD IS GOING ON, IT'S A STAND. IT IS ALWAYS A STAND. "

New opening and ending are worse than the first ones.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Boogiepop's soundtrack is so good. The song that played when she was fighting Zooragi was so cool.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Run with the Wind 17-21

These episodes were so good. Some parts felt a bit too dramatic but still good nonetheless.

I Can't wait for Kakeru's section.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
can't the childhood friend just actually be a childhood friend for once

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka 10

A fairly decent episode with back and forth victories between each side, albeit the bad guys gaining more ground on the whole. RIP Police-kun. The scene with Mia and the two girls was actually pretty good, a reflection on how the magical girls got here and why they keep fighting. Does the military not have any artillery or air support? I know regular bullets and bombs aren't supposed to do much to the Disas, but it feels like a super glaring omission when the enemy has them in spades. Despite the stakes there was a glaring lack of tension the entire episode. I'm going to blame the weak animation and eh music. At least Sacchuu with a gun was funny.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No, the childhood friend must have feelings for the main character that they decided to supress for no reason. Or if there is a reason it suddenly isnt that important of a reason anymore because the plot says so.

Oct 25, 2017
Rise of the Shield Hero 10 engdub

Love how the Lute folks got inspired by Sir Shield Hero. So glad Naofumi managed to get allies just by staunchly standing on his beliefs and doing the right thing.

Itsuki's and the ensuing Naofumi surprised and laughing at that spiderman reference was lol.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
9 times out of 10, the first girl wins. The only exceptions I usually see is when they go for an actual harem end, or the author says "fuck you" and makes a status quo ending.

It always amazes me how people continue to be shocked with every new harem series. It was obvious from the start in shows like Nisekoi and Oreimo, yet people still threw a fit.

I will say that 5Toubun still not over, but the series has done nothing to persuade me that this won't end with the obvious first girl conclusion.

100% Ichigo is an example. And I hate that it happened there as it was my ship. It was my first romcom and I fucking cried when it happened.

There's actually many examples of those out there. But as far as those winning, well, in gotoubun if it confirms, the childhood friend will win and the same can be said about other romcom but my memory isn't helping and I can't remember them. :(

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Shuffle! is my favorite example of the childhood friend, as only someone totally broken like Kaede would display the level of devotion that childhood friends do in anime.

Oct 25, 2017
Hinomaru Zumou Episode 22

Wow Kirihito out here with his ASTHMA or unspecific AIRWAY DISEASE XYZ just doing Sumo like it's nobody's business. Really epic fight and I love how he finally got to feel that feeling that he's always wanted and craved again. Really epic and memorable bout.

Manga readers: Does Yuuma truly never Sumo again?!

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if someone posted it here but a pretty good yuri manga will get an anime. I never expected it. It's a supernatural manga where the main girl can stop time and the other girl is immune for those effects.

Synopsis: What would you do if you could stop time? Moritani for one is using her unusual ability to stop time for three minutes a day to observe the people around her. One day, she chooses to "observe" class idol Murakami's panties - only to find herself in a very compromising situation when her classmate turns out to be immune to her power.

Ichigo 100% was my first romcom/harem as well and I'm pretty happy she won

I can imagine lol

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if someone posted it here but a pretty good yuri manga will get an anime. I never expected it. It's a supernatural manga where the main girl can stop time and the other girl is immune for those effects.

Synopsis: What would you do if you could stop time? Moritani for one is using her unusual ability to stop time for three minutes a day to observe the people around her. One day, she chooses to "observe" class idol Murakami's panties - only to find herself in a very compromising situation when her classmate turns out to be immune to her power.

i feel like i read like half of this one, it was interesting but it was also one of those 'everybody suffers in yuri manga' ones as well so that might have turned me off of it, I think.

/edit it's called fragtime, btw

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
100% Ichigo is an example. And I hate that it happened there as it was my ship. It was my first romcom and I fucking cried when it happened.

Dude I was SO PISSED (and still am) at the conclusion. I read the whole damn thing just so the main girl could end up with MC finally. That was heartbreaking. Fuck you Manaka. Fuck you Kawashita.

That pseudo sequel just made me even more upset.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like i read like half of this one, it was interesting but it was also one of those 'everybody suffers in yuri manga' ones as well so that might have turned me off of it, I think.

/edit it's called fragtime, btw
Lately mangas/animes(not only yuri ones) like this immediately turn me off. I feel there is too much drama sometimes with little to no breathing room.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
JoJo Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind 22

Repeat after me: "IF SOMETHING WEIRD IS GOING ON, IT'S A STAND. IT IS ALWAYS A STAND. "

New opening and ending are worse than the first ones.
Everyone being so damn stupid about it is so frustrating and anxiety producing, but I guess if they were smart about it it'd be a piece of cake to counter.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude I was SO PISSED (and still am) at the conclusion. I read the whole damn thing just so the main girl could end up with MC finally. That was heartbreaking. Fuck you Manaka. Fuck you Kawashita.

That pseudo sequel just made me even more upset.

I accepted it but at the time I was cried and was sad for weeks. After that I never had such problem again even if my favorite didn't win haha But I'm pretty lucky either way about those type of works haha

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Devilman Crybaby END

So I watched this even though I don't like darker themed animes. In the end I didn't like it. Now to be fair I don't think it was a bad anime, it just wasn't for me. The world was shown in a very depraved way which fits when its dealing with devils. It just didn't affect me much emotionally, I just couldn't care when they simply have people dying left and right. The most emotional scene for me was in episode 8 (the incident with the Makimura family).

I noticed that the animations was praised a lot and it did remind me of Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong, which were both also directed by Masaaki Yuasa. I'm not particularly a fan, but I like Tatami Galaxy's art style, love Ping Pong and can appreciate its animation. I didn't feel much for Devilman Crybaby.

The story wasn't as dark as I thought. Thought it would be Goodnight Punpun's level of gloom, don't know if I should be glad or sad about that. If the story was supposed to be deep it went over my head.

At least I gave it a chance.

Two things I didn't understand: Why weren't there more devil animals? What happened with Babo (one of the rappers) stabbing Wamu (rap group leader) Gabi, was he only just drugged or a traitor like Hie? You can also see him holding one of the stick-pikes too.

EDIT: Mixed up the rapper who got stabbed.

Last edited:

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain

Yeah, but if you are gonna make first girl win make hell fall in love from the beggining, not at the end.

Ai Kora was the best harem/romcom manga ever don't @ me.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but if you are gonna make first girl win make hell fall in love from the beggining, not at the end.

Ai Kora was the best harem/romcom manga ever don't @ me.

I don't mind the main heroine not liking the MC from the start. It leads to character development.

Rather have a romcom/harem where the girl gradually comes to like the MC (and vice versa) and then get together by the end, than 300 chapters of two characters who like each other from the start not getting together until the very end. It just makes the whole series feel like a waste of time.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Re:QuinQuin
It's like the Naruto ending - I'm not surprised, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Shirobako 13-24

Mmm so I thought the first half of this was a lot stronger than the second, to the point where I kinda wish I stopped there because I would've felt pretty satisfied. Felt like the second half dragged a lot and wasn't nearly as interesting as the first. I think it was partially because it kinda felt like they were doing the same thing again but with even more background on how anime works. Which was somewhat interesting, and before I watched this I really didn't think about how many people go into making anime. But not as interesting the second time around.

But I think it mostly has to do with the new characters, whom I never liked. Holy shit that Kunogi character was terrible. People talk about the infantilization of female anime characters a lot, and then here we have a character who can barely say a word and sounds exactly like a baby every time she speaks. The edgy guy was meh, and the other two new female production assistants were meh. It was weird because after the first half, where I felt like most of the characters were pretty realistic, we suddenly have these four new characters who came across as extremely anime-tropey to me. Maybe this was intentional, but it didn't work for me. Show got a lot better when Yano came back.

Anyway, don't regret watching this but I wish the second half was stronger. First half: 9/10, Second half: 7/10.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Devilman Crybaby END

So I watched this even though I don't like darker themed animes. In the end I didn't like it. Now to be fair I don't think it was a bad anime, it just wasn't for me. The world was shown in a very depraved way which fits when its dealing with devils. It just didn't affect me much emotionally, I just couldn't care when they simply have people dying left and right. The most emotional scene for me was in episode 8 (the incident with the Makimura family).

I noticed that the animations was praised a lot and it did remind me of Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong, which were both also directed by Masaaki Yuasa. I'm not particularly a fan, but I like Tatami Galaxy's art style, love Ping Pong and can appreciate its animation. I didn't feel much for Devilman Crybaby.

The story wasn't as dark as I thought. Thought it would be Goodnight Punpun's level of gloom, don't know if I should be glad or sad about that. If the story was supposed to be deep it went over my head.

At least I gave it a chance.

Two things I didn't understand: Why weren't there more devil animals? What happened with Babo (one of the rappers) stabbing Wamu (rap group leader), was he only just drugged or a traitor like Hie? You can also see him holding one of the stick-pikes too.
It has been a while since I watched it but to answer you questions:

1. I don't think there is any Devilman animals, atleast in the various adaptation and the original manga I read/watched. I believe these people are demons that have the forms of animals (keep in mind I haven't watched the anime since last year so I could be misremembering what demons you are talking about).
2. The Babo betrayed them. He saw that Miko had the glasses of the rapper who confessed to Miko right before she and him went to the Sabbath. This lead him to assume she is a demon and that she killed his friend and ate him. The anime doesn't outright confirm that she killed the rapper but that's what the traitor assumed.

Edit: looked up the Devilman animals and remembered the cat. That's the only instance that we saw an animal Devilman as far I remember and it is only in this adaptation.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Morose Mononokean S2 Episode 11

Loved how they subverted expectations with Chuungo and others and loved how the whole thing turned out. Writer really knows how to make one invested in these single or two episode yokai.

Ashiyan's dad plot though. I hope it gets answered before the anime ends or we get an s3!

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
It has been a while since I watched it but to answer you questions:

1. I don't think there is any Devilman animals, atleast in the various adaptation and the original manga I read/watched. I believe these people are demons that have the forms of animals (keep in mind I haven't watched the anime since last year so I could be misremembering what demons you are talking about).
2. The Babo betrayed them. He saw that Miko had the glasses of the rapper who confessed to Miko right before she and him went to the Sabbath. This lead him to assume she is a demon and that she killed his friend and ate him. The anime doesn't outright confirm that she killed the rapper but that's what the traitor assumed.

Edit: looked up the Devilman animals and remembered the cat. That's the only instance that we saw an animal Devilman as far I remember and it is only in this adaptation.
Yeah, that's what happened. It's good background storytelling. Think that's also why she helps out the track star who's a Devilman cause he did the same thing to his boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.