• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken is definitely going to be a strong contender for AOTY. I love it! I wish this was on Hulu too or something where I could try and get normies to watch it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
so hyped for the shirobako movie. they're on a jpn tour atm or something i think

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
March comes like a lion is one of the few dramas that dont make me feel anxious while still making me interested.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
March Comes In Like A Lion Season 1

Finished the rest of it. Overall, a fantastic season. While Rei underwent a ton of development towards the end, I preferred the first half of the season more. I'm in this for the drama! I thought the last couple of episodes were too shogi heavy and since they don't really explain the significance of moves (or visually distinguish the pieces), it was hard to follow what was going on and connect with the players and their emotions. I also would have liked more scenes with the sisters or Kei's family in addition. There's also a lot of random comedic moments that didn't connect with me either, like those scenes with the science club or the arguments Nikaido and the other dude in the workshops get into. They just feel out of place.

That being said, Kei's development as a player and a person during that stretch was lovely. I especially enjoyed the moments with Kei and his homeroom teacher. This show felt like the embodiment of "it takes a village" and having so many people support Kei in their own way throughout really reinforced that feeling.

The show also looks and sounds absolutely incredible. Whenever the first 5 notes of "On The Way Home" plays, I get close to bursting into tears lmao. Every single time. That theme is used often but every scene that its featured in ends up being amazing. I also love that piano tune that plays during the shogi matches as well. The soundtrack is fantastic.

Gonna take a break before starting the next season but I'm very impressed with this show. It's certainly lived up to the hype.

Anime of the decade for me.

I've seen this show pop up in many AOTD discussions so that's what finally prompted me to take it up again. Sometimes you just gotta give shows another shot!

Yeah the shogi parts fly over my head. The show is so good though. SHAFT did a wonderful job.

Indeed. Those stylized scenes of Kei's inner thoughts and feelings were art. SHAFT crushed it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the second season is on another level and I already thought the first season was great

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Babylon 11

Oh boy the wheels are getting loose on this train. This show has some balls in spending half the episode having politicians discuss good va evil semantics. Still think they drive this home.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Star Twinkle Precure 48
Really don't care for the goodbyes and separation endings in Precure anymore, especially since we know it won't stick due to All Stars being a thing. I have a very hard time believing it will match what Maho did either. At least Lala speaking Japanese on her own was cute. Not the worst finale, but definitely in the bottom half.

Well, Technically All-Star movie happens on another timeline/continuity that the girls never separate.

On Hugtto crossover on tv. Maho, Kira come from the future (TV Ending) and they didn't experience dream and super star movies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
One day I'll have to sit down and think of all the dumb harem shit I watched while breeding pokemon these past few months and list them all out. I usually prefer dubbed for this sort of thing so I can put my nose to the grindstone but I've also watched subbed during some of my more mindless phases.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
One day I'll have to sit down and think of all the dumb harem shit I watched while breeding pokemon these past few months and list them all out. I usually prefer dubbed for this sort of thing so I can put my nose to the grindstone but I've also watched subbed during some of my more mindless phases.

I could help you built a great list of trash, lol.

BTW, does anyone happen to know what song is playing in the background of Fate Stay/Night UBW: S2, Ep.10 "Rin x Shirou magic transfer scene" and no, there's no sex in the show so it's a clean version, not Campione' lol

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
There was a time in 2018 where I spent a whole month binge watching shitty harems. The funniest one was the harem that took place at a school that teaches farming.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Hyouka END

Uh... Yeah. So.

More of this please.

Seemed like kind of an odd way to end with a series with a bunch of single episode storylines right after one that was 6 episodes long (that one was a bit too long imo).

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
There was a time in 2018 where I spent a whole month binge watching shitty harems. The funniest one was the harem that took place at a school that teaches farming.
...are you calling Silver Spoon a harem show?

Oh no he didn't! I mean, he better not have! Dammit Dougieflesh what say you?

Best harem: this is a tough one honestly. Probably Campione!, SAO or Kanon(2006) for all different reasons.
Worst Harem: Shuffle!, School Days

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
love hina is the best harem because uhhhhhh it was the first one i watched so it's the best, that's probably right

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Weathering: Gorgeous, loved it.

Heavens Feel 1 & 2: Looks nice and there were some decent fights...coulda lived without some stuff tho.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
love hina is the best harem because uhhhhhh it was the first one i watched so it's the best, that's probably right
best harem is either Ouran High school host club (though technically a reverse harem) or the world god only knows (it's a shame that the rest of the series and the skipped content won't get an anime)

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
technically a reverse harem is still a harem but i get what you mean

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
technically a reverse harem is still a harem but i get what you mean
yeah. I would count it but I imagine some people wouldn't.

it's still weird that the world god only knows turned out so good. What clearly started as just turning dating sims real life anime arcs actually managed to get a really fun story and great cast and went places I never expected at the start.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
[Spoilers btw]
Babylon 11

Oh boy the wheels are getting loose on this train. This show has some balls in spending half the episode having politicians discuss good va evil semantics. Still think they drive this home.
Not just any politicians, these were world leaders. At a G7-summit. Adjacent to the ostensibly less important suicide summit. (Both were about suicide anyway.) It's time to hit the breaks. To stop and think. Again. No, this time it matters—for real. It's because people will follow their leaders, like Simon says, especially if Simon is the Whore of Babylon since that's literally the apex of influence here. In the eleventh hour episode, fundamental morality is what's on the agenda with president Wood of the United States at the helm (legendary MMORPG player by night). A kickoff of gay rights sets the mood to the backdrop of a fetus, a scale, and outer space.

But none of that matters. The villain(s), having been stood up, act out by setting the stage for a group suicide on a scale of hundreds of thousands of "supporters."
Surely POTUS Wood's woodcutting level is high enough to outlast the Whore of Babylon and come out on top.
Forget the wheels, this train runs on faith. Faith that two of the ten commandments should be the golden rules to base legislative policy on. 🍿

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Hyouka END

Uh... Yeah. So.

More of this please.

Seemed like kind of an odd way to end with a series with a bunch of single episode storylines right after one that was 6 episodes long (that one was a bit too long imo).

anime of the decade

the final run of standalone felt a bit weird to me the first time too but ive come to appreciate it as maybe the greatest run of the series. the finale still wrecks me

Why is this song not on the OST?

flylo x thundercat not on the same label as everyone else, iirc

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Look, we have to see 50 years into the future to even begin to appreciate the machination behind Babylon. That's how foresight insight works, just like G-Reco.
C'est la vie.
w7wwMC3.jpg

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
3-Gatsu S2 Ep 3

S2 started off with a bang and theres lots to discuss but first whoever dared to bully Hina has got a sandal coming their way

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
3-Gatsu S2 Ep 4

Me first half
3Yu0hVF.gif

h25X3Ux.gif

Second half
8hpqtsI.gif

You guys

What an incredible episode. The storyboarding and animation was NUTS. WHAT. WHAT.

This is also the first time I've seen such realistic animation of cats in an anime. They're finally getting the respect they deserve. Most shows just give up but in some of the cuts the cats looked so fluid and life like I thought it was rotoscoped. That running scene too, holy shit. And those Ghibli ass tears. Jesus. I still cant get over the amount of flexing during just that last scene alone. This episode definitely deserves multiple rewatches.

Glad you enjoyed S1, and you'll like this one.

RIP that break. :P

Lmao I have no self control. I'm the worst

I'm surprised you haven't watched this show yet.

That part of the show (ur current arc) is just amazing.... Some of the best content I've ever seen without reservation..

I'm kind of glad I waited until both seasons were done before diving in. Watching it weekly would have been excruciating.

Season 2 is perfection.

I refuse to believe it gets better than this

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I could watch all of these new shows coming out this season.

... or I could watch New Game! again for the 100th time.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Babylon 11
This show is so weird and stupid but I also think it is good for some reason.

I doubt that our real word leaders would sit there for hours and have a grand discussion about what is good and what is evil. I just don't buy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.