• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Haikyuu!! S2 1-5.

Well that escalated quickly. I did expect that closed eyes nonsense to not fly so glad they are tackling it. Oof that fight, Hinata....he really wants Kageyama to toss him his balls, can't blame him.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force 23 and 24 EngDub END

Didn't really watch the JPN DUB of this since the same day simuldub, but I really loved the EngDub alot for this. Arthur is the best and favorite for this and Shinra seemed just new to me so it was nice having a fresh face in a lead role (I must not have watched the voice actors previous show).

Otherwise really great anime, and was definitely one of the few since like Naruto to get me to rush and buy the manga and read it immediately. Was already familiar with all the plot developments so won't comment on that but all the fights were enhanced due to Animation Sorcery and Sound Wizardy. Really awesome.

Looking forward to the 2nd half. Already preordered the Blu Ray for funimations release, as well as Shinra figures and nendos. Arthur x Shinra forever. 3rd favorite character next season, cant wait to see him.

Oct 25, 2017
He's the "main" character of Run With the Wind who is practically identical to Kageyama (I know he's older lol).
To me, Kags is kind of dull compared to other characters but I love him still in someways...though I'm on the side of the fence that believes that Kags remains static in the story, his development happened in the middle school to high school transition period with no external factors and by being placed as setter is forced to work as a team and trust others from day0.

Kakeru changes throughout

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
To me, Kags is kind of dull compared to other characters but I love him still in someways...though I'm on the side of the fence that believes that Kags remains static in the story, his development happened in the middle school to high school transition period with no external factors and by being placed as setter is forced to work as a team and trust others from day0.

Kakeru changes throughout

I would agree with this so far.

Oct 25, 2017
That is an interesting list. Did not expect that. The lack of Suga makes me sad :(
I like quirky and compelling characters.

Suga should have been team manager, more MALE team managers in sports shows please, he would have been perfect.

Suga's also probably super relatable to the average non-prodigy sports player, just like Yams I think. Their just normal dudes who probably go into the game like the Kinoshita, Ennoshita, and Narita and hope for just that one 1 minute of playtime instead of benchwarming.

Oct 25, 2017
Kono Oto Tomare Sounds of Life Season 2 Episode 10 EngDub

Dont think we needed the other schools backstory since I cant imagine them winning considering the main goal of the show is to get the older students to the national stage.

That said I guess it was necessary to get us to understand why that one girl was so intense.

Kind of funny scene with Chika writing Satowa's name and neither seemingly catching the implied romance thing going on with it (surprised the other characters didn't comment).

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
From the New World 3-4
This camping trip took a big turn. Was not expecting answers on the world this early on. Though there are still some mysteries left due to the untimely demise of the library robot thing.

Scary dog to go along with the scary cat now.

I will probably watch the ED every time.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

manofculture.JPG

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
An excellent decision. Best magical girl show of the year. Praying for a season 2 announcement in the near future.

Also congratulations to it for winning the niconico internet buzzword award for 2019 for a line that's never uttered in the show or the manga.

EL02EFzUEAEIDrl

--

also I can't say this is a bad season when there's a new Yuasa TV show for the first time in like 6 years.

Thats amazing lol. I dont understand that meme however. Is the video just edited to make it sound like Momo is saying "Shamiko is a bad girl"?

Also, it seems to be the 5ch top series of 2019. The top 5 there is pretty solid though I wish Hitoribocchi and Run With The Wind got more love. The physical sales looks decent as well so I really hope it gets a season 2. I picked up the manga right after and I really love where the plot is going. It's so good but also hilarious and wholesome.

Oct 25, 2017
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These The Battle of the Doria StarZone EngDub

Wow, anime really loves these stadium massacres. Senseless why the folks would with weapons and tanks would shoot at unarmed civilians. Would have made more sense to just flee.

RIP Jessica.

Earlier...would Julian have really shot the dude, couldnt tell if that was just OoC of him or if he loves Yang so much he would just snap the moment he was threatened (like this headcanon more)

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Haikyuu!! S2 Ep 6.

Just wanted to say that this episode was by far the best of the show so far. Incredible job of the direction here. Beautiful way to develop characters and teach more about the sport.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These The Battle of the Doria StarZone EngDub

Wow, anime really loves these stadium massacres. Senseless why the folks would with weapons and tanks would shoot at unarmed civilians. Would have made more sense to just flee.

RIP Jessica.

Earlier...would Julian have really shot the dude, couldnt tell if that was just OoC of him or if he loves Yang so much he would just snap the moment he was threatened (like this headcanon more)

That episode hit me like a truck. I wish they had given Yang more than the sunglasses scene, I just felt that we didn't really get to see his pain and considering how reserved he is it makes sense, I just wish we could have seen the true depth of his pain one time. Such a great show.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Somali and the Forest Spirit 1
Are we all ready for the Golem to die by episode 10?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Somali and the Forest Spirit 1
Are we all ready for the Golem to die by episode 10?

Manga's been ongoing since 2015 with over 30 chapters... I think they might end on it, but depends how long they plan for this anime to be. I doubt he'll just die in the middle of things.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu on Parade 13: So Many Nice Senpai, and I Choose to Emulate the Evil Overlord

Venus Arc hype means good times ahead. I don't know if Raki has guts or is just stupid, but she should've known better than to go back to Venus Arc that quickly after her last disaster there. Or maybe she realizes that Stars is the one to really push her so far. Rei and Mahiru at least know how to guide her without babying her. First episode this season Aine didn't speak at all. Raki's new dress certainly made an impact, but I'm not sure it suits her. She needs a new song fast though. Perfect Elza carries another episode.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Thats amazing lol. I dont understand that meme however. Is the video just edited to make it sound like Momo is saying "Shamiko is a bad girl"?
yup. the internet is weird. I see it eveywhere in jp circles and got like Mandela Effected into remembering it as a line from the series before I knew its origin lol.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Haikyu!! 12
Ahahaha that crazy smile from Hinata were funny.

Last edited:

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Season seems pretty boring.

Eizouken looks very fun thankfully, and hopefully the new Madoka spin-off will be half as interesting as regular Madoka.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Oresuki 12
it's kinda impressive how much it just became what it was supposed to "parody". probably shouldn't have finished this, but I was kept interested by how quickly and drastically the premise turned into a joke after only three episodes. awful.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's so weird that we're allegedly getting the new Madoka spinoff tomorrow. It hasn't processed for me yet.

I hold the original series (and movies) in extremely high regard, but I don't think there's a chance in hell that this series will hold even half a candle to it. It does look visually stunning and seems to hit all the Madoka aesthetics (worse costumes aside).

I dunno. More than anything I just want this to be successful enough that they'll finally put out the actual follow-up I've been waiting for since Rebellion.

Are we going to get a separate thread for Magia?

Oct 25, 2017
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Tragedy ENG DUB

Oh no why did you let the nuclear strike on the planet happen, never ever listen to your advisers unless their your Boyfriend, now you will incur their wrath and in all cases one of you are going to die, probably. I hope Im wrong but other series always have this happen (like Gundam IBO)...my reinhard and kircheis forever happiness dreams will be dashed :(

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's so weird that we're allegedly getting the new Madoka spinoff tomorrow. It hasn't processed for me yet.

I hold the original series (and movies) in extremely high regard, but I don't think there's a chance in hell that this series will hold even half a candle to it. It does look visually stunning and seems to hit all the Madoka aesthetics (worse costumes aside).

I dunno. More than anything I just want this to be successful enough that they'll finally put out the actual follow-up I've been waiting for since Rebellion.

Are we going to get a separate thread for Magia?
I created the OT a few days ago, not had much traffic yet as youd expect but I expect that will change come air time

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Tragedy ENG DUB

Oh no why did you let the nuclear strike on the planet happen, never ever listen to your advisers unless their your Boyfriend, now you will incur their wrath and in all cases one of you are going to die, probably. I hope Im wrong but other series always have this happen (like Gundam IBO)...my reinhard and kircheis forever happiness dreams will be dashed :(

Kircheis deserves better than pretty boy mass murderer. Reinhardt Poignant and sadly expected outcome for this corruption for his quest. This season left me feeling follow in the end, it's a tragedy as you say.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally ready to start mob psycho 2 but I need to rewatch s1. I can't remember much.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Aim For The Asteroid Episode 1:

I am mildly curious how they are going to make sure the geology side of the club is going to stay relevant given how much focus is leaning on the Astronomy side of things. Anyway, I will give them the proper amount of apropos for selling STEM by adding yuri to the mix, which has been scientifically proven to improve most things.

Oct 25, 2017
Stars Align Episode 10 EngDub
ENX23_xXsAAdSV-
ENX4fVrWoAAtNKM

Best ship is alive still better than ever, look at that shoulder grab, hug, and smiles. Perfect.

I wish we got some glimpse of what Tsubasa and his brothers said after the incident as well as whatever Shingo's parents said as they took him to the hospital or afterwards. I guess its annoying the show shows stuff but actually never tells or shows what is immediately relevant. Are we supposed to assume everything was honky dory in their households afterwards...like I would have been curious to as well know what excuse Shingo and Tsubasa gave to their teammates, unless I missed that somewhere.

In any case, best Maki ship, glad he fed him noodles for information.
ENX8DSDX0AAA3pF

Good matches,...predictable writing.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Who are your favourite boys?
Top 5 best Haikyuu boys

1. Hinata Shoyu- sunshine child
2. Kenma Kozume- the most relateable one, has a PS Vita
3. Oikawa Toru- Voted most punchable face the last 4 years in a row
4. Ittetsu Takeda- the other most relatable character, a late 20s teacher who works hard but really isn't cut out for this job
5. Daichi Sawamura- a wonderful team father

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys I don't watch a ton of anime but I've been trying to watch more lately.

Super excited for some more Haikyuu! Gonna marathon all of it again before starting the new season

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any good shows from last season I should have watched?

Or should I just wait for the anime of the year thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.