• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
A Silent Voice nearly made me cry. Beautiful, beautiful movie. I don't know if me being bullied my whole childhood added to the feels or not, but please watch this movie if you haven't seen it yet.
Nearly made you cry? I was a blubbering mess the entire movie.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
A Silent Voice nearly made me cry. Beautiful, beautiful movie. I don't know if me being bullied my whole childhood added to the feels or not, but please watch this movie if you haven't seen it yet.

I enjoyed it and got pretty invested in it, because it frustrated me too :x Felt like yelling at the characters, mostly out of the dramatic irony, I guess.

It was a hard watch seeing Shoya and Naoka pick on Shoko so bad it caused her ears to bleed with yanking out her hearing aids. "Kids can be cruel" is certainly true... Being an instance where the situation didn't just effect the victim, but Shoya as well, since he dug himself into a deep hole to the point of crippling social anxiety. Seeing him as an awful bully, and then seeing him trying to redeem himself, was also hard, but no surprise why not everyone accepted him immediately. Naoka was annoying though, since she just... never grew up and matured out of her bullying phase. She was just so consistently stuck up...

In the end, I guess having characters that annoy/frustrate you with their decisions is enough to show just how invested you can get with it.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Haikyuu Season 4:

I was never into sports anime, but Haikyuu is just something special, and i can't get enough of it. Even Hinata just running after the ball for 20 mins is sooo entertaining to me!

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I enjoyed it and got pretty invested in it, because it frustrated me too :x Felt like yelling at the characters, mostly out of the dramatic irony, I guess.

It was a hard watch seeing Shoya and Naoka pick on Shoko so bad it caused her ears to bleed with yanking out her hearing aids. "Kids can be cruel" is certainly true... Being an instance where the situation didn't just effect the victim, but Shoya as well, since he dug himself into a deep hole to the point of crippling social anxiety. Seeing him as an awful bully, and then seeing him trying to redeem himself, was also hard, but no surprise why not everyone accepted him immediately. Naoka was annoying though, since she just... never grew up and matured out of her bullying phase. She was just so consistently stuck up...

In the end, I guess having characters that annoy/frustrate you with their decisions is enough to show just how invested you can get with it.
Nearly made you cry? I was a blubbering mess the entire movie.
Well... I had to take an hour long walk afterwards to process it all. It was just so damn heartbreaking.

Is it worth it to read the manga as well? I know there are a handful of chapters at the end that weren't in the movie, but if that's all I might just pick up the last volume.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is it worth it to read the manga as well? I know there are a handful of chapters at the end that weren't in the movie, but if that's all I might just pick up the last volume.

It's funny cause today I was browsing what stuff was free on Comixology earlier today and saw that this was available, but just the first volume. I had no idea it was SEVEN volumes long, so I'm not surprised that there would be additional material in it. My manga backlog is crazy right now, but I'd definitely want to check it out some time, especially now knowing there's more in it than just a direct adaptation.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Truer words have never been spoken.
Where's that Beastars that finished airing in Japan back in December?
Not coming til March?
That's just great...

Netflix's desire to break into the anime market, but pig headed unwillingness to actually follow the same standards as other streaming services is fucking shit.

Their tech is great and they can really become a front runner in anime streaming but I just think they simply do not give a fuck. I feel like they treat it the same as any other show or movie on their platform without understanding the stuff that fans care about.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Haikyuu!!! S4-3

Hinata is more than ok I guess. Is this whole season going to be a training arc? Is this going to switch to Kageyama next? I enjoy the learning z but the show feels a little empty without the rest of the team.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Budoukan - 03

Moving from the subtle but mostly hidden motivations of our wota fans as to what drives them to be obsessed with idol worship. i.e. Soul crushing loneliness, we get a somewhat closer look as to what the intentions are as to the limit of their affection will go. Only one has romantic feelings for cham jam members and he happens to have a little sister that resembles that member to a scary degree. Ok fine. But it raises the question as to what the nature of the "love" that Eripiyo feels for Maina is and what could Maina's feelings possibly signify. Nothing can convince me at this point that Eripiyo is not having a complex but furious inner struggle with the fact that shes violently gay for Maina, but the show will undoubtedly display just that. Eripiyo just really loves Maina's Mainaness... or something and Maina? Well, she obviously love Eripiyo's rabid and undying loyalty... Please make a doujin where they fuck like animals.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
You know what anime didn't need to be remade in CG? Saint Seiya.

Know what's worse? Having your first exposure to the franchise be Santia and then go to the CG version >_> These things I do... I legit thought Santia was a spin-off that I could start with. Not only do you need previous knowledge, the show was an absolute MESS! The direction of the plot was everywhere :( CG one? Yeah that one is weird too... story is everywhere and SUPER rushed.

On the bright side, I'll start the original series once Netflix adds the entire thing. Been wanting to start it for almost 20 years, but it never got completed on DVD, and english subs were pretty hard to come by at the time, too. After starting with the worst, I look forward to the original show to blow my mind :p

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju DS : 7

Well fuck that is a curved ball I was not expecting. Holy smokes that hit me like a truck. This show is masterful in what it sets out to do.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju DS : 8

Now I can't stop crying. Just beautiful, that was one of the most well earned scenes I have ever watched. What a show.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Pet 3

IsEyimL.jpg

Welcome to the club.

The show is interesting, but the execution leaves to be desired.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Chihayafuru S1

Really enjoyed it for the most part, but the sappiness (while expected) could be a little much sometimes. Also,
the Queen match did pretty much nothing for me. The weight thing was laughable and I didn't feel anything for Yumi. Glad she lost at least.
On to S2.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I was loving Smile Down The Runway, up until the end of the 1st episode. Watching it in English, so gonna be behind.
Now maybe I misinterpreted it and they won't do what I was thinking, but if they don't I'll be very disappointed.

I like Ikuto, no less than Chiyuki even, but I don't want the story told from his perspective.
Chiyuki and her dad both said this is really his story, so I thought this means that the focus would shift from Chiyuki to Ikuto.

Please don't tell me that's the case.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru Season 3 15
As it is currently constructed, I have pretty limited interest in this love triangle thing (which while it has always been present, has moved to the forefront of the action this season). Don't have much of an attachment to Arata since he typically gets the least engaging plot lines/characters to interact with. And while I like Taichi, his character is kind of predicated on not being with Chihaya or as good at karuta (even if he is already super good at it at this point). Hopefully Arata surprise moves closer to everyone sooner than expected (he is at his best around Taichi/Chihaya) or we see some give when it comes to Taichi's other endeavors (I'm not buying the Taichi's commitment to karuta keeps #1 academically line this episode lol. Hopefully it was brought up since we will see a minor slip or something).

The Suo scenes have been solid although the Chihaya/bride stuff is a tough look and it's unfortunate they went that way with him.

Was nice getting to see more of the club interact this episode.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Mild manga spoilers.

She's closer to a deuteragonist. The story shifts to her perspective when it's her arc, but there's more of Ikuto than Chiyuki, broadly speaking.
UGH
Like I said, I like Ikuto, and his story probably would be more interesting, but I want it told from Chiyuki's perspective.
It would make it far more interesting. Now I'm just expecting it's gonna be kinda generic.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Black Clover 101

Fell off this months ago and I'm trying to catch up, holy Jesus I forgot how tedious this show can be sometimes.

Black Clover 102

'Ah shit we're gonna need to pad this one'.

'Hey I know! Let's spend the entire episode flashbacking to pointless shit!'

'Great idea! But we need to least make it look somewhat different, what should we do?

'Hey I know! Let's add black bars to make it look like we did it in a 2:3:9 aspect ratio, even though we didn't, so nothings framed properly!'

'Fuck yeah!'

Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
UGH
Like I said, I like Ikuto, and his story probably would be more interesting, but I want it told from Chiyuki's perspective.
It would make it far more interesting. Now I'm just expecting it's gonna be kinda generic.

I won't say too much more, and it's a pretty subjective thing - but the story does take a different direction than what I expected in a few ways. I think it'll be clearer come ep6-7 or something or you could always check up the manga. Art's pretty good.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
QAbJPOP.png

Deku wants to be the world's greatest hero and yet here is pictorial evidence he owns an All Might Funko Pop. Greatest hero? More like greatest villain!

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
FGO 15
Holy shit the lamu. I was creeped out already when I played the chapter but now animated it takes it to another level. The voice and sounds they make is just ugh. Well done.

RIP Siduri :(

Status
Not open for further replies.