• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 7

That opening 5 minutes was fantastic, overall a great episode. Really neat to see how Mizusaki thinks. This show is a lot of fun

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
They compressed like 3+ hours of VN into those last 2 episodes.

Steins Gate 0 is worth a watch to see how that ending was possible. It's not as good and has some wasted new characters + laughable action scenes but the angst is worth it and there's some great character interactions.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks. I'll probably watch 0 in a few weeks, I usually like to complete things fully.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Destructive God 6

Alright this show is too good. I'm all in on the masochist Darkness character. Lol at MC snapping hehe. Miguel is soooo cute.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll awards is high school anime club. I feel superior for not having ever joined one. Even the girls at my school's club wouldn't shower or use deodorant. There'd be a weird divide where the girls were in their own corner giggling about whatever boy's love doujinshi they stumbled upon online or geek out about how cool Itachi was while the guys would geek out about how cool Itachi was and circle jerk over the bible black dvd they found at FYE.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know, I found the Crunchyroll Awards pleasing this year. A show close to the top of my anime of the year list got accolades that were well deserved. Team Shield Hero.

Given deserved best couple though...

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just finished up the Anthology anime showing with my friends. We watched Labyrinth Labrynthos, Robot Carnival and Memories. All in all, it was a huge success.

I highly recommend more people check out all three. All of them are underrated classics imo

Oct 25, 2017
wow shield hero gets a nice looking set in may
EQxqsshWoAECtBz
EQxqss4XYAEQRUH

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu on Parade 19: Our True Purpose Revealed, to be a Corporate Shill

This was basically just Aine showing Raki that in the end, the main purpose of idols is to sell stuff. Rola and Mio could probably stand to be a little less into being in character. Not sure how Alicia managed to give a performance from her truck, but if that's how she's going to sell shaved ice during Valentine's then good for her. Best part was Yume and Subaru still verbally punching each other. Subaru is lucky Yume is one of those super-dense protagonists. Enjoyably, but not a whole lot to it besides a million call backs. Show could really use a new collab last episode.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll awards is high school anime club. I feel superior for not having ever joined one. Even the girls at my school's club wouldn't shower or use deodorant. There'd be a weird divide where the girls were in their own corner giggling about whatever boy's love doujinshi they stumbled upon online or geek out about how cool Itachi was while the guys would geek out about how cool Itachi was and circle jerk over the bible black dvd they found at FYE.

My schools anime club had like 4 people in it and none of them talked to each other. It was just a place where they read manga or watched anime by themselves, which I guess was kinda neat. I never joined.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
My schools anime club had like 4 people in it and none of them talked to each other. It was just a place where they read manga or watched anime by themselves, which I guess was kinda neat. I never joined.
My college experience with similar clubs was like that too. I think hobbies based on consumption struggle with this. I think a book club style thing would be a much better approach to these kind of clubs.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
My college experience with similar clubs was like that too. I think hobbies based on consumption struggle with this. I think a book club style thing would be a much better approach to these kind of clubs.

i think that's a good idea

my uni anime club had screenings and stuff and was okay enough, but I wish it was a little more active. I was probably spoiled by reading Genshiken though and wanting life to be like that.

Reading Genshiken pre-uni and post-uni is a really entertaining experience, by the way

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
did everyone besides me know there was an eizouken live action coming (thanks Kurita)

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Mine actually had quite a number of people but a majority could not vote peacefully on what to watch nor liked being there. So there was at most 10 people watching 1 episode from 2 different series a week. Seeing code geass for the first time on projector was pretty cool though.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i saw the first episode of Attack on Titan on a huge projector. I think the book club idea is strong though but could probably get really unwieldy (my club was like at least 60+ people in regular attendence)

i did unload a shittonne of manga on them at some point

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

That would have been cool but I wonder how productive those discussions would be. When I was a teen, I couldnt properly express how I felt about anime or manga the way I do now. I'm still terrible at analysis but back then it all I could muster was some variation of either "did you see that shit!?!? how cool was that???" or "XYZ is best girl, dont @ me ex dee ex dee" lol

Not much as changed sadly

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
That would have been cool but I wonder how productive those discussions would be. When I was a teen, I couldnt properly express how I felt about anime or manga the way I do now. I'm still terrible at analysis but back then it all I could muster was some variation of either "did you see that shit!?!? how cool was that???" or "XYZ is best girl, dont @ me ex dee ex dee" lol

Not much as changed sadly
Would it have to be productive? I don't actually go to book clubs, its just a guess at what could have been interesting in hindsight. I don't think talking about what you've watched afterwards would have to involve any major in depth analysis.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
The poster kind of doesn't work for me because there should be a big contrast form the two on the left being extremely plain people to the one in the right being an attractive model. It doesn't sell it with these actresses.

that's the problem with live action generally! everyone wants to be attractive models

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Would it have to be productive? I don't actually go to book clubs, its just a guess at what could have been interesting in hindsight. I don't think talking about what you've watched afterwards would have to involve any major in depth analysis.

Thats true, it could just a casual discussion about a show they've watched. I think everyone watching the same thing like a book club as you mentioned would be a good way to get everyone on the same page.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
My college had less of an anime club and more of a "nerd collective" where a bunch of people hung out in the arcade on campus, played ddr and fighting games, watched anime, and read manga. There was also the occasional D&D session.

If I was on campus and had some free time, I would end up there. Otherwise I'd be back in my dorm.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Eizouken 7

What a heatfealt episode. What a masterful way to deliver so much about one person with so little screen time. Just great episode all around. Definitely my anime of the season.

MHA 81

Skipped.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
My college anime club was pretty well structured with two recurring series blocks that are voted on early in the semester and three or so "BYOA" blocks that are proposed and voted on right on the spot. (Crunchyroll wasn't a huge thing yet and other streaming services were kind of a joke, so everything was either DVDs or that other thing.) There is also a once-a-year 24 hour marathon that is essentially this format stretched out really really long. From what I can tell, this structure has persisted pretty much largely unchanged over a decade later.

The people I met there are still among my closest friends.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to check out BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.

It's cute, and enjoyable even if it's not great when it comes to the writing.. Been a fun watch.

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Twilight Wings 02

Bea a mega cute. I will protect that smile. Given she can beat a Machamp in pushups I don't think she needs it but I pledge anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen Episode 5 EngDub

Oops finding myself loving this anime because Magick is cute and seeing his interactions with his master, Orphen, is pretty fun. The girl is alright too.

Really compelling plot with this dragon worshipper village. Wish they did the next episode as this cliffhanger is brutal.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I have a lot of nostalgia for that terrible ass videogame.

I might give this a watch.
I've mostly blocked the ps2 game from memory. The only thing I clearly remember is trying to stop a minatour from pushing me out of a building and failing repeatedly.
and I haven't watched the new anime, so I have no clue how similar the story is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.