• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Eizouken 2
Either all that stuff ended up donated or the anime club has one heck of a budget. The animation again was top notch along with some of the quick animation lessons strewn in.

Surprised that the video came back around so quickly.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
22/7 1

Anti-social girl is recruited to be part of some new idol project. Okay, you can make a premise with that. Then there's some weird thing giving orders to everyone and there's some big thing that's going to happen? Probably as a metaphor for how idols are treated? Not sure if it's good, but I think it's kind of interesting at least.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely planning to. Hulu has both.

Anyone know what I should do about FMA though? I'm aware of the adaptation situation. Looking through FMA's subreddit, a lot of people recommend watching the 2003 series first. That's 51 episodes though!
Well, if you want to minimize time while still getting the unblemished "real" storyline (as far as that's possible) you could try watching just the first ~25 eps of the 2003 version, and then switching to Brotherhood - lightly skimming through the first 10 episodes to spot the differences in the two versions. I'm a Brotherhood guy all the way but the 2003 version anime original stuff isn't some garbo IIRC, there're some really weird decision but some of the stuff it handles better than the "real" version which isn't free of its own batches stupidity.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Eizouken 2

Another good animation techniques episode. I enjoyed it even if it kind of feels like the show is just making excuses to show stuff. Did anyone notice the teachers room is in a pool? Gave me a chuckle.

Oct 25, 2017
Africa Salaryman Episode 12 End EngDUB

Awesome final episode scenario, Tiger and Leopard proposal vs Toucan Lizard and Lion was the best. Laughed so much throughout most of it.

Nice series.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Just Because! END

Oh.

So this is how it feels when the pair you're rooting for doesn't get together.

Feels fucking bad, man.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! 2

This show is fucking brilliant. Absolutely love the stream of consciousness fantasy animation portions. Characters are already great and have fantastic chemistry with each other. And the damn art for the world is so good. The teacher's room was colored so well.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Eizouken Episode 2:

I have so many questions about where all of that anime equipment came from and why it is in storage but this a series that isn't keen on answering those questions.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken 2
This kind of nerd level of detail into animation and design is extremely my thing. I feel the same excitement Asakusa gets from seeing a new environment or setting. The facilitators office was gorgeous and their new club house with the 2 big fans was neat. Kanamori has a backpack made of 2 Converse shoes stitched together. God, I love this.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Asteroid in Love 1-2

It looks pretty but its pretty bland so far. It doesnt really have many comedic moments and the science segments are dry. Its biggest problem are uninteresting characters.

It also seems like another show with a shit ton of yuri bait that goes nowhere. I mean one of the girls literally got weak in the knees and collapsed when she thought of another girl and she constantly thinks of her day and night. I know these cowards will never actually commit.

Anyways I might tune in once in a while when I need something to watch during meals.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
A Destructive God Sits Next To Me 1

This is like 75% comedy, 25%Cute Boys Doing Cute Things. The main character is stylized like a cat but I'm guessing it's just stylization to be cute since no one is referencing it. Chunni boy breaking the window and then immediately starting to cry got me and the science manga was hilarious too. The Animal Crossing bit was also great, reminded me of that one friend who loved to just dig holes every where and mess up the town. Add in the touch of gay the show has and this was an enjoyable first episode, will continue to watch.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
man the first ep of Dorohedoro was really good, except for the shitty cg characters :/ backgrounds are fantastic. Kaiman is a good boy.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
excited to check out Keep Your Hands Off when I have some spare brainpower.

Sad to hear about MHA s4, but to be honest this section of the manga was kind of badly paced and confusing af as well, so it's a pity that replicated over instead of getting fixed.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Tsukigakire doesn't fuck with me like Just Because since I'll probably start watching either that, Yurikuma Arashi, or Flip Flappers tomorrow.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken Episode 2:

I have so many questions about where all of that anime equipment came from and why it is in storage but this a series that isn't keen on answering those questions.

Is "an older anime club used this stuff (stuff that belongs to the school because that's how things clearly work) but no one is using it now, go nuts" not a good enough explanation?

Not trying to be snarky, this just seems like a really weird hangup to have about an innocuous justification to move the story along .

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
haven't started the fourth season yet but heroaca did get quite lucky that its best arcs so far (first 3 cours) also happened to be the ones where umakoshi was there the most. still a reasonably strong production though, all things considered

Oct 25, 2017
Ahiru no Sora Episode 14

Yes Chucky and Nabe came back...but new OP seems to show a new character joining soon, looks like an experienced player so I'm assuming one of them get booted to reserve or is it substitute player...Yasuhara has made amazing strides seems to have natural talent. Hm would he be booted to the side for the mystery number 12 player?

flumpool did an awesome op song.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Haikyu OVA 1-2

This reminded me why I love Haikyu. Damn does this show make volleyball entertaining.

Haikyu S4 1

I respect and hate Hinata lmao. I remember thinking how awkward this was in the manga and yup, still awkward here.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I took a bullet for the team (and I'd do it again),

Interspecies Reviewers Episode 1 (watched on funimation)

- Having read both volumes of the manga I was honestly looking forward to this , the comic is perverted as hell and very much NSFW but I also found it very funny. I'd go as far as to say it's only a baby step away from being a full blown hentai but clever censorship and editing along with a focus on comedy have made the series a fun romp. Otaku culture in japan seems to have quite the obsession lately with issekai and monster girls more than just traditional moe harems and this show seems to poke some fun at these themes in the most literal way you can have fun with poking. Anyway, the first episode follows the comic quite faithfully for whatever that's worth , following Human swordsman Stunk (yes that's his name) and his elven Archer friend Zel as they defeat monsters and quest by day .... and explore the many monster girl brothels of the land. Posting a review of an elf girl brothel lands them a pile of gold so they decide that reviewing brothels will be their new calling. In this first episode they save an angel with a fractured halo named Crim while wandering through the woods and bring them along for the ... er ... ride. If you've the stomach for extremely ecchi shows you might find something to like here but for those not a fan of this stuff (and this follows in the vein of borderline H content like Manyuu Hiken-cho or Siekon no Kueisa ... except those were played for serious) I'd stay far away. The OP and ED songs also seem to be incredibly filthy based on my limited understanding of Japanese but both sound pretty funny too.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Dorohedoro 01 (raw)

I can understand enough words to make out most context plus vague memories of the first few chapters of the manga so it wasn't too bad to watch as a someone who doesn't speak Japanese.

On to the episode, it was really fantastic, minus the wonky CG. Much like the manga it just kinda throws you into its world without too much explanation besides "This is Hole and magic users are dicks to people who live here".

Caiman and Nikaido are great characters and it's good to see En. And the brief bit with everyone's favorite incredibly violent pair at the end was good too.

I've really gone from being whatever towards the opening song to really liking it, and I liked the visuals from the start.

Gonna def rewatch it when there's subs out there.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Haikyu!! S2 16
Big oof at the end there. Hope Daichi is ok. Really like this Wakunan team, rocking the pink! Is it weird that Hinata and Kageyama are the only 2 characters I really don't care about?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 12

Holy smokes! I actually let out a full on "Noooo!!". Well that is one hell of an episode, wow. Show is so good.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Haikyu!! S2 16
Big oof at the end there. Hope Daichi is ok. Really like this Wakunan team, rocking the pink! Is it weird that Hinata and Kageyama are the only 2 characters I really don't care about?

Yeah I like Kageyama. But Suga, Libero, Daichi, and the glasses dude from the other school are more fun. Hinata is ok.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 2
Fun episode, feel like I'm learning things.

I felt that jab about the animators not getting paid though lol

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken 2
This kind of nerd level of detail into animation and design is extremely my thing. I feel the same excitement Asakusa gets from seeing a new environment or setting. The facilitators office was gorgeous and their new club house with the 2 big fans was neat. Kanamori has a backpack made of 2 Converse shoes stitched together. God, I love this.

That IMMEDIATELY stood out to me in the first episode. What a dope backpack.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 13

What a way to end this first half. Also I do not for a second believe Matsuda is 72. This dude must be pushing 100. When does this show takes place???

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure the Movie - Wish Upon a Song of Stars

May also be known as The Legend of Lun.

Haven't had a genuinely good Precure movie in awhile, but maybe this can get things back on track. Budget! So nice to see Precure getting that when it matters. I appreciate the honesty in writing out Elena, Madoka, and Yuni in the first half. Movie doesn't care and doesn't pretend we should. Just Lala, Hikaru, and Fuwa befriending some starchild. Or rather, just Lala. To my surprise, they dropped all pretenses and made Lala the lead. Hikaru is there, but Lala gets basically all the emotional scenes. Starting with her being the jerk towards Yuma. This makes sense, as it's best to be cautious around unknown entities. Of course Hikaru would care more about their new space buddy. After she almost ate it of course. Lala had a really good scene where she calms down after the excitement and actually understands Yuma. Now they have two warp fairies? That's gotta make them dizzy. Just them having fun seeing Earth's greatest sights was pretty fun.

The villains actually feel like the filler here. It's not a story about fighting some great evil. But these Space Hunters were fun. They had some really neat powers and designs, leading to some top-notch fights. Especially the Zodiac transformations. Which look great. Why is this not in the main show? Lala breaking down and not being willing to let Yuma go be a planet even though it's the logical choice is kind of weird, especially since Hikaru was pretty mature about it. But it kind of makes sense, since Lala is still new at processing her emotions and doesn't know how to handle trauma or losing someone. Cool cosmic stuff with the birth of a planet and a legion of hunters going after it. Felt more epic than the main show despite the lower stakes. Cool space fights, but the climax is Lala and Hikaru landing on Yuma's planet and... singing? What the heck did the other Cures think of that? Not a climatic battle against a universe-destroying threat, but I can actually get behind it. The movie was about meeting a new friend and having to say goodbye too soon, so a song felt appropriate. Helped that the song and CG dance was good, though this makes spoiling it in the main show a mistake. Strong ending both visually and for Lala as a character.

Reminds me of some of the good parts of the Maho and Kira movies. It knew exactly what to focus on, and it had a bunch of stuff that really should have been in the main movie. Great animation enhanced both the fun and cosmic parts. Movie characters were solid, getting the focus they needed without being irritating or taking away from the reason the audience is watching. No big distractions or any crossover shenanigans. Maho's 7 movie streak is finally over. The Miracle Lights played an important, yet downplayed part overall, which was sorely needed after a whole terrible movie about them. Good movie that demonstrates the team behind Precure can still make a good product when everything lines up. Now if only they could have applied that to the show proper.

Oct 25, 2017
Ishuzoku Reviewers 1

I knew exactly what I was getting into but/and I still liked it all the same.

Really love the monster girl designs.
a sheep girl somewhere in this show.

Oct 25, 2017
Ishuzoku Reviewers 1

I knew exactly what I was getting into but/and I still liked it all the same.

Really love the monster girl designs.
a sheep girl somewhere in this show.

5617.jpg

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu on Parade 14: What Happens When You Combine a Cartoon with a Cartoon, and Then Add a Cartoon On Top of That?

Yuzu + Lily is a recipe for yet another Stars focused episode. Except no, because Nina of all people comes out of nowhere to steal the episode. I always liked her, but she shined really well in this episode. This is what I want out of Parade, a random smattering of idols teaming up to do whatever. Honey Cat was really outshone, but Yuzu/Lily and Nina carried it well. Mikuru and freaking Haruka coming out of nowhere provided the finishing touch to a fun episode. Too bad Haruka will never get her performance. This will probably be all Nina gets, which is a shame. She actually paired well with Raki.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Magia Record is chalk full of symbolism just like the original anime. Episode 2 foreshadows the next story arc, and the ED follows Yachiyo's journey as magical girl. She contracted at age 12, and the elevator numbers show how many days she's been a magical girl, with her level of distress increasing as time goes on.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
First Impressions all Episode 1

Somali to Mori no Kamisama

Calm relaxing and kind of uneventful. I can see a lot of potential here but i am struggling to recall details of the episode which is kind of not good? Ill stick with it. Very pretty.

Darwin's Game

Complete Trash... So bad that i was laughing my ass off. I will see more but only if it stays on this level of absolute trainwreck. With the power of GUN, obtain the nude waifu in murder game the show.

Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!

Fantastic. Imaginative and quirky as hell. A show about something. I love the characters, the art, the premise its all gravy. The energy coming from this is infectious. I hope that this continues to deliver as last season's strong starter Beastars fell off for me toward the end.

Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu

I think I found my guilty pleasure. This blindsided me as I love the look and the premise of this show. Something about the art in this show makes me want to live in it. Not sure why. Maybe because everyone is absurdly attractive. I hope it doesn't get.. rapey or anything.

Hatena Illusion

Magic butler harem... romcom? I dunno what this show is going for at all. It seems like this was a result of a game of madlibs. I'll return to it if I remember it exists.

Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi

I fell asleep halfway though this. It just didnt click with me Im sure its perfectly fine but, there was nothing there to grab my attention. I guess the art is pretty ok. I call the MC Mr. 90s. Probably wont continue.

Murenase! Seton Gakuen

Yeah no. This almost had a good concept. But the execution is sloppy and unrefined. The show is quite ugly and seems like its trying a bit too hard with service and scandalous situations. And I was kind of annoyed with just about every character here.

Ishuzoku Reviewers

LOL. The audacity of this show is almost enough to keep me interested but the art is solid and the writing actually natural and engaging. Probabaly the funniest show so far but damn... I hope noone walks in unannounced while i'm watching. Time to delete my search history and run every anti virus.

Infinite Dendrogram

I will try to remember which one this was... the show ..about the guy. This isn't the one with the shield girl. ... I didn't like it.

Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu

Oh yeah that last show had a bear with a gatling gun. This is the one with the Shield girl. There was a bit too much... game in this for me at times. It seemed like I was watching a let's play with the luckiest cinnamon roll playing the easiest game of all time. If she wasnt so damn innocent and fun i probably would have checked out. But this was fun enough and I look forward to her dorky adventures in VR mmo land. Take a break sometime though. Don't you have parents? So many questions.

Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun

I kind of wish "whats her face" stayed a fish and this was a ghost and a fish show. But shes a girl again and that's ok too I guess. This was fun and strange but interesting and stylish enough that I'll come back for more. Some frames of animation here and there would also be nice.

pet

I was falling asleep until those two dudes started making out. I'll see more, but i have no idea what happened. All i know is I love Maina.

Status
Not open for further replies.