• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Squid Girl ep.1-9
Ep.9 just broke me a little bit since I was laughing so hard.. This show has lively characters all ripe for a squidvasion. Well, except for Chizu.. she's on another level. Seriously though, Man God ,this was exactly the type of stupid-nonsense, funny shit I was looking for. Thanks for the rec. This is a good stupid-funny show.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Squid Girl ep.1-9
Ep.9 just broke me a little buit I was laughing so hard.. This show has lively characters all ripe for a squidvasion. Well, except for Chizu.. she's on another level. Seriously though, Man God ,this was exactly the type of stupid-nonsense, funny shit I was looking for. Thanks for the rec. This is a good stupid-funny show.
you watching the dub or sub....
the puns in the dub are great.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Tsukigakirei END

Holy fuck this show was so adorable. I kind of feel like I need to watch it again with more of a fresh mind, since the series I saw before this was a bit too heavy with how far it took it's drama, I kept expecting this series to do the same thing and drag things out at points so I got a bit more anxious at some parts than I really needed too lol.

Also everything from the credits needs to it's own series, god dammit!

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Tatami Galaxy ep.1-2
Isn't this basically the Endless Eight but super interesting?

Mar 3, 2019
Yo, Im trying to get back into anime again after a long hiatus. I think the last one I watched was Stein's Gate. Can anyone recommend some of the better shows that have come out since 2011? I'm not a fan of T+A fanservice(why I stopped watching anime), but I really like psychological/thriller, thinking ones. Sorry if this gets asked all the time!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Yo, Im trying to get back into anime again after a long hiatus. I think the last one I watched was Stein's Gate. Can anyone recommend some of the better shows that have come out since 2011? I'm not a fan of T+A fanservice(why I stopped watching anime), but I really like psychological/thriller, thinking ones. Sorry if this gets asked all the time!
Erased
Terror in Resonance
Serial Experiments Lain

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

From the New World

The Promised Neverland

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Flowers of Evil and From the New World.
Serial Experiments Lain
It's good but from the '90s.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

myanimelist.net

Death Parade

After death, either Heaven or Hell awaits most humans. But for a select few, death brings them to Quindecim—a bar where only pairs of people who die at the same time can enter. Attending the bar is an enigmatic figure known as Decim, who also acts as the arbiter. He passes judgment on those who...

I also agree with from the new world and erased.

Thinky but not triller
myanimelist.net

Dennou Coil

In the near future, augmented reality has become a key part of daily life. A gentle middle school girl named Yuuko "Yasako" Okonogi and her family have just moved to Daikoku City despite rumors of people disappearing. There, her grandmother, nicknamed "Mega-baa," runs a shop called Megasia that...

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I just can't stop thinking about Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Are there like behind the scenes documentaries or interviews/films about the director? Or anything worthwhile to watch regarding the artistic value of Eva? I'm not interested in pieces trying to deceiver the meaning of the show, nor am I particularly interested in fan-made essays (though if there are some insanely good ones I'm willing to watch).

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017

Are there like behind the scenes documentaries or interviews/films about the director? Or anything worthwhile to watch regarding the artistic value of Eva? I'm not interested in pieces trying to deceiver the meaning of the show, nor am I particularly interested in fan-made essays (though if there are some insanely good ones I'm willing to watch).

You might be interested in the Red Cross Book that came out in Japan.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain

Are there like behind the scenes documentaries or interviews/films about the director?
Obligatory extensive compilation of NGE information sources made by good ol' gwern:

Neon Genesis Evangelion source anthology - Gwern.net
https://www.gwern.net/otaku

For a better understanding of the initial drive or exploration regarding some of the series' themes, the 'NGE proposal' documents are particularly interesting to read. Due to Mr. Anno's direct involvement during development, some take the 'Classified Information' database from the Neon Genesis Evangelion 2 video-game for PlayStation 2 as fair explanation too of key concepts.

Maybe all this I bring falls more into deciphering that "meaning of the show" you mention but, aside from some first-hand insights (which were sometimes conflicting) into the chaotic GAiNAX structure of that era, the production process of the series wasn't thoroughly documented enough to warrant any official comprehensive behind-the-scenes look... given the poor planification, desperate times, and early little expectations in general! The unproven 'kaibunsho' maybe is closer to what you were looking for, although it is better not to put much trust into this piece beyond its nature as a defamation tool.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

Babylon is airing right now on Prime. It's an interesting thriller deconstructing justice. The main antagonist is sexualized , but it's completely relevant to the plot, think of a femme fatale who literally uses her charm to do crime.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Murenase! Seton Gakuen 02

Slothgirl was fucking adorable and her dying like 8 times in the episode after doing anything even mildly stressful got me chuckling.

Ishuzoku Reviewers 1

This is content made 100% for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Guilty Crown
God Eater
BLast of Tempest
Aldnoah/Zero
Valvrave
Glasslip
ID:Invaded
Re:Creators

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ace of the Diamond II 41

SAWAMURA NO ACE. The Sawamura/Okamura battery is so good. The scout's flashback to Sawamura's middle school team was so great too.

BanG Dream! S3 2/3

The chase in episode 2 was hilarious, they get so much mileage out of characters from the 5 bands showing up for a few seconds.

Can't believe Arisa sold one of her bonsai trees for a keytar, what a legend.

As a whole, I think this should be a pretty good season even for folks who don't follow the game/know all of the characters. They committed to focusing on Raise A Suilen/Rokka as the main characters and it's the right move.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Looks like Crunchyroll has two Haikyuu OVAs and a movie that I haven't seen. I'm sure they're relatively standalone, but should I watch them before the new season? Anyone have any thoughts?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So it seems like Crunchyroll and Funimation actually have pretty diverse offerings this season, which is kinda weird because usually they're more or less showing the same stuff as each other.

Is a Funimation sub worth it?

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Crunchyroll has two Haikyuu OVAs and a movie that I haven't seen. I'm sure they're relatively standalone, but should I watch them before the new season? Anyone have any thoughts?
The two most recent ovas are adaptations of canon content that chronically comes after where s3 ended, so I wouldn't pass on them (unless one doesnt like nonKarasuno teams)

the movies are just a movie summary/compilation of the previous season matches.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like Crunchyroll and Funimation actually have pretty diverse offerings this season, which is kinda weird because usually they're more or less showing the same stuff as each other.

Is a Funimation sub worth it?
They will even out in a month or so most likely.
I haven't looked at the list, but I imagine a number of the shows funi has that crunchy doesn't is because they are aniplex shows. Where recently they announced aniplex shows are going to be like a week to month behind on other services while funimation has exclusive rights to them to start with.

some of the exclusives on crunchy's side could be their partnership with Toonami, and shows they picked up to eventually air on there that they don't want on funi because of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Case Files of Jeweler Richard Episode 1

Another justice themed character, fitting for the show. I guess I can see how one thinks its boring, but Seigi and Richard have nice chemistry, kind of just want a bit more action, though the mystery behind the piece of jewelry of the week is compelling.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The two most recent ovas are adaptations of canon content that chronically comes after where s3 ended, so I wouldn't pass on them (unless one doesnt like nonKarasuno teams)

the movies are just a movie summary/compilation of the previous season matches.
Ahh thanks. When I re-added it to my queue and told it to continue it started playing one of the movies and I was like huh, I've definitely already seen these first few minutes so I stopped it. I'll watch the OVAs then and just skip the movies.

I am impressed with Hulu's line-up this season. Seems like they have quite a few new shows.

Oct 25, 2017
A3! Spring & Summer Episode 1
83cf40825b2f2159de0ab280f526c61b9076a86d.gifv

Anime Masumi was incredibly cute when he blushed, aw.

Sakoda was hilarious in this.

Summer troupe is my favorite, so cant wait for their half of the season.

Enjoyed this take on the game, was going to wait for the engdub, but I was like might as well watch both, gotta hear my favorite characters just as I hear them in game, waiting patiently for my fav spring troupe boy to come.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Suagr Life 1-2

Im in 2 minds about it so far
One it is stupidly entertaining
But two i kind of have to believe that whoever wrote it is fully in on the joke, which spoils it a bit for me in a way.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
I'm currently watching Cross Game, after the first episode I never felt that way watching an anime before during the first episode
I can't help but feel sad every single episode so far because of what happened to Wakaba
But that's making me enjoy it more, very good so far

Oct 25, 2017
PET Episode 1 and 2
0fa4bd7a3d56c7a73ee5c554c471ccc7d9c5b622.png
637877431d7cf562d3f16a84e095b8f3c9a65d82.png

Aw Hiroki and Tsukasa relationship is so cute, and I love how the plot requires them to work together and also that both seemed to give something to help the other. Hope the anime goes and gives them a romantic relationship on screen.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Fruits Basket (2019)

Finished it last night. Probably the fastest I've ever binged a series. 20 eps on Sunday and 5 on Monday.

I liked the show the most when it was about Tohru's relationship with the animal people. I didn't care too much about those 4 episodes that focused on her friends.

Tohru is a bit too perfect and everyone is a bit too overdramatic, but it was never too much.

I guess it's time to finally get into FMA. I think I may just have to bite the bullet and watch both the 2003 series and Brotherhood. I'll look into another series to alternate with since I don't think I'm going to binge 115 episodes.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket (2019)

Finished it last night. Probably the fastest I've ever binged a series. 20 eps on Sunday and 5 on Monday.

I liked the show the most when it was about Tohru's relationship with the animal people. I didn't care too much about those 4 episodes that focused on her friends.

Tohru is a bit too perfect and everyone is a bit too overdramatic, but it was never too much.

I guess it's time to finally get into FMA. I think I may just have to bite the bullet and watch both the 2003 series and Brotherhood. I'll look into another series to alternate with since I don't think I'm going to binge 115 episodes.
Alternate with Monster :P

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Fruits Basket (2019)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hope you stick around for season 2. (Biting my tongue about Tohru 🤣)

You can probably just watch the first 25 episodes of FMA 2003 and then move on to Brotherhood if you want the manga storyline.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Alternate with Monster :P

Does this stream anywhere? Searches show other titles that have the word monster in it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hope you stick around for season 2. (Biting my tongue about Tohru 🤣)

You can probably just watch the first 25 episodes of FMA 2003 and then move on to Brotherhood if you want the manga storyline.

I'll definitely be watching season 2!

As for FMA, I think if I watched 25 episodes and enjoyed it, I would want to just finish the show lol.

If FMA is as good as its reputation, then more FMA is better I guess.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Does this stream anywhere? Searches show other titles that have the word monster in it.
I'm not actually sure if Monster leagally streams anywhere. Viz is super annoying with it. Even though they did a full dub for the series for I want to say the sci fi channel as far as I know the dub's never been released for home video.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chihayafuru Season 3 14
Yes T___T Get fucked megane-kun

Edit: WHAT THE FUCK DID HE JUST TELL HER?!
Edit 2: AND TAI WASNT EVEN THERE WHY GOD LORD

Status
Not open for further replies.