• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga 1

Their all dogs adapting to their doggy life. Some funny lines here and there.

Best looking Ranmaru
EORrZrbWAAA91EN

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! 1–12 + OVA [END]: The maid was too strong, the other maid too gross, and the kid too serious.

Princess Jellyfish 1–11 [END]: That was a long intro to something I'm not compelled to pursue, especially since it isn't extraordinary in any area or as a whole.

Mob Psycho 100 1~12

This is really cheap content. It seems like the creator has a penchant for setting up rough premises and characters to boost impact, but that lowered ceiling doesn't feel as earnest here as in the hands of others that use the same trick.

The backgrounds were awfully drab during the most active portions. Why? Overall, there's a sense of dullness to the picture from various aspects—locations, expressions, and colors—that don't mesh well and betray the easygoing mood.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
This Art Club Has A Problem 1-4

Not great but not bad either. This show however looks gorgeous and has surprisingly solid character animation for a club room comedy series. I really dig the OP and ED as well. The main dude is a walking cringe factory but the gag honestly works for me.

Also, imagine my surprise seeing Yotsuba in this show.

RIMaT7c.png

They even have the same smile and similar excited personality, too. I guess it's actually fair to say that Yotsuba is more like Kaori considering this series started 6-7 years before 5Toubun.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

Not great but not bad either. This show however looks gorgeous and has surprisingly solid character animation for a club room comedy series. I really dig the OP and ED as well. The main dude is a walking cringe factory but the gag honestly works for me.

RIMaT7c.png

They even have the same smile and similar excited personality, too. I guess it's actually fair to say that Yotsuba is more like Kaori considering this series started 6-7 years before 5Toubun.
i thought for a second that the image was the mc from Chidori RSC

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 14
I AM A GLASS CASE OF EMOTIONS.

HARADA! ❤️ The VA put work into this episode. Outstanding job.

STOP TOUCHING HER, SUO 😬

That confession! So cute! Chihaya got a BSOD from it! This is how you do it, Taichi. Just tell her!

NOT LIKE YOU JUST DID TO SUO, YOU MORON.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

RIMaT7c.png

OP is surprisingly catchy.

The show probably won't rock anyone's world but I've had my fill of fun with it.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
A Place Further than the Universe Ep. 1-13

That was better than I expected it to be. The last 3 episodes were especially great.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru 3-14
Damn Taichi, you are getting left in the dust by Arata in both Karuta and confessing.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I randomly skipped through some Clannad and some ~After Story~ episodes and hearing the music triggered a huge rush of nostalgia, lol. I know what I'm rewatching next.

I've never had that same feeling that those shows gave me ever again watching anime. Outside of Kanon and Air but I watched those before Clannad. Angel Beats was too different to hit me like that.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I randomly skipped through some Clannad and some ~After Story~ episodes and hearing the music triggered a huge rush of nostalgia, lol. I know what I'm rewatching next.

I've never had that same feeling that those shows gave me ever again watching anime. Outside of Kanon and Air but I watched those before Clannad. Angel Beats was too different to hit me like that.

I fell ya, 100%.

Have you tried Anohana and/ or Full Moon wo Sagashite?

Plastic Memories?

Clannad is the best by a country mile though..

Oct 25, 2017
No, I watched Penguindrum a few years ago, and at no point did I feel as lost as I did in that entire series as I did with this one episode.

While Ikuhara always tends towards conceptual abstraction, Yuri Kuma operates on an extra high level of abstraction without the more "real world" character grounding that Penguindrum or Utena had.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Somali 1
Outside of the hilariously placed exposition letting you know that humans are both rare and a delicacy, I really liked this. I look forward to Somali and the Big Bad Golem Daddy's Adventure.

Heya Camp 2
Anything can be Mt. Fuji if you try hard enough.

Dorohedoro 1
This is straight up my kind of anime. Just the right levels of insane, brutal, and hilarious all at once.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I fell ya, 100%.

Have you tried Anohana and/ or Full Moon wo Sagashite?

Plastic Memories?

Clannad is the best by a country mile though..
I've never figured out if it's better to recommend full moon to someone who wants something happy... or someone who wants something sad.

The show ignores the fact that the main character is a young girl with throat cancer for a large chunk of the series... and just has a lot of fun... but when it remembers... BOY it remembers lol.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
wow just destroy me now why don't you

i should probs watch that

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Umineko When They Cry (1-26)

Not even good as a Spark Notes version of the VN. Just read the VN.

Some scenes hurt me with badly they were butchered, I guess for kid me it was "ignorance is bliss"

Fruits Basket (2019)

Finished it last night. Probably the fastest I've ever binged a series. 20 eps on Sunday and 5 on Monday.

I liked the show the most when it was about Tohru's relationship with the animal people. I didn't care too much about those 4 episodes that focused on her friends.

Tohru is a bit too perfect and everyone is a bit too overdramatic, but it was never too much.

I guess it's time to finally get into FMA. I think I may just have to bite the bullet and watch both the 2003 series and Brotherhood. I'll look into another series to alternate with since I don't think I'm going to binge 115 episodes.

Still need to finish the manga (got about halfway through), but our thoughts are similar and the bolded was also my biggest issue. She's just so boring in comparison to literally anyone else.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I've never figured out if it's better to recommend full moon to someone who wants something happy... or someone who wants something sad.

The show ignores the fact that the main character is a young girl with throat cancer for a large chunk of the series... and just has a lot of fun... but when it remembers... BOY it remembers lol.

No doubt. The highs are high and the lows are really low; It's an amazing show for what it is with some real emotional parts. Being s father of girls was real tough during certain parts of this show...

I had the song stuck in my head for so long after watching it.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Chihaya 14

HARADAAAAA!!!!!!! But it cost us Arata getting in the confession first. What an episode. God Taichi You need to go after her goddammit !!

Suo has to stop right now with this bride nonsense.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Also I just took a quick look to see where the Chihayafuru show is compared to the manga. This is not going to get a full adaptation any time soon huh.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Haikyu!! S2 25 END
Whew! Getting a bit volleyball'd out but I'll push through season 3 because it's only one cour.

Still need to finish the manga (got about halfway through), but our thoughts are similar and the bolded was also my biggest issue. She's just so boring in comparison to literally anyone else.
This is causing me physical pain to read.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru 13-14

God, what an exhilarating match. It could have gone either way and I almost wanted to throw up. The suspense was killing me. I fucking screamed at the end of the match lol. I couldnt hold it in. Jesus. This show is going to kill me one day.

I'm so damn happy. The confession was incredibly sweet. Even with all this poetry, the humor manages to crack me up as well. Poor Suo lol. All of his scenes, especially the "divorce" one, were much needed catharsis after such a tense match. Taichi should be the Master now after defeating Suo like that.

Chihayafuru is also now a harem anime. Rather, it's been one for some time and Chihayas harem continues to grow. Arata is a boss and I cant help but root for both of these boys.

Also, I feel like the young versions of these old characters looked so much cooler than the young guys we have now. Master Wataya and young Dr. Harada could have been lead characters in their own series lol

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I was so mad when he did that! Don't go telling people you're dating someone like that, it's rude to Chihaya and cowardly!

While I agree, I think the point is that he internalized what he must do. I think he will go for it . This is turning into a mess but I will continue to stand by my captain until the iceberg hits.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
god i always forget cornbread is a dad lmao. ur eternally teenage kirito in my heart corny

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Bang Dream S3 2-3

CHU2 is an awful scouter. She makes a big show of scouting Rokka only to scare her off, she publicly announces her intentions to crush PoPiPa despite the fact that she's done her research and should know Rokka is a big PoPiPa fan, and then she just stalks and harasses her. How did she manage to get Masking and Layer on her side? Of course Rokka is going to fail her first audition when Masking literally just kidnapped her. Yukina is too nice to CHU2. Was nice to see Hina and Afterglow basking in the chaos. Afterglow is bowing out, and Pastel Palettes obviously won't be entering the contest. With PoPiPa, Roselia, and RAS in that just leaves HHW as the question mark. At least 3 bands, but only two winners. Roselia is the strongest and current top dog, but they have the least focus of the main three, so as a Roselia fan I expect to be disappointed. Decent new song from PoPiPa, but not their best. Whole bunch of nonsense, but RAS proper is finally together. Season has been great so far, and thankfully RAS is definitely the lead band this time, so I have high expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.