• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Ahiru no Sora episode 16

Never get tired of seeing Kite make his shot and also do his fakes.

Chiaki's was honestly the best moment this entire episode though. Wow.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't 2020 anime but since I have funimation to watch "men of culture" I thought I'd check out what else was on there and found a show called Garo : Vanishing Line and even though it's stuck dubbed only I really enjoy it. It's kind of like Devil May Cry channeled through a bit of Guilty Gears aesthetic/music. Hell it's even giving me Persona vibes too.

Vanishing Line is some good Garo, easily the best animated series. I would recommend looking into the original live action series and Makai Senki for anyone who wants more.

Oct 25, 2017
ARP Backstage Pass Episode 1 and 2

The actors at the end was the best part, lol, but also loved the Leon intro part where he was just dancing all across town in his own world.

Leon is best looking, but Rage and Daiya are great too.

6f68e351007f56e37bfa4127942acf0b606e8092.jpg
f134a6396a994781609037bb21f53c5c5439eef5.jpg

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Sugar Life End

I was laughing with this to a point but after a while i started getting more frustrated by it. Because through all the stupid, stupid crap there are glimpses of something in this. I get the feeling the people behind it wanted to enhance it and do their best but they are just so outwayed by how trashy the content is.

I actually think it could have been a great horror show if you dialed back the sillyness a bit.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
ARP Backstage Pass Episode 1 and 2

The actors at the end was the best part, lol, but also loved the Leon intro part where he was just dancing all across town in his own world.

Leon is best looking, but Rage and Daiya are great too.

6f68e351007f56e37bfa4127942acf0b606e8092.jpg
f134a6396a994781609037bb21f53c5c5439eef5.jpg

I had to look in to this. And wow! Great models and motion captures. I've noticed more animes using 3d models in certain scenes, but not to this quality as far as I can tell. I'm not sure why Fire Emblem: Three Houses doesn't have animation as smooth as this. Looks very nice. Can only hope the anime is interesting.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Catching up from a week traveling for work:
Bofuri 3
Best detail in the show is how they went about nerfing Maple's abilities and essentially updating what was clearly a massive oversight by the dev team. Also makes her a bit less invincible going forward.

Dorohedoro 2-3
The dinner scene in the second episode was absolutely the best. Ebisu as a wild level of comedic relief isn't needed but is the best cherry on top you could ask for in this show. The Resident Evil references everywhere in 3 were brilliant, along with the fight and eventual reveal of Nikaido.

Ebisu again best character in the show, with Noi being a close second. It's like this was made for me and I'm loving every second of it.

Magica Record 4
They've got a massive sale on witches it seems. Serious tho, Kamihama City is one fucked up place.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Yu Yu Hakusho

When I was a kid, I watched this, DBZ, and Sailor Moon on Toonami after school. I never finished YYH back then. So over a year ago I decided to watch it from the beginning on Hulu. I took a break at some point in the middle of the Dark Tournament arc and just picked it up again recently after I finished watching FMA 2003. It looks like I actually watched the Chapter Black arc as a kid, but not the Three Kings arc. Now I'm finally done.

Having now watched the whole thing as an adult, I'm impressed at how cool the show still is. It really stands out compared to other kids shows.

I don't have a ranking for the arcs yet, but I liked all of them.

Now that I finished that rewatch, I might do Log Horizon S2. I recently rewatched S1 and stopped there because I didn't like S2 as much, but now that S3 has been announced, I might as well. Still holding off on watching FMA:B. Need some more time to pass from having watched FMA 2003. Might go for something drastically different. I haven't seen stuff like Your Lie in April and March Comes in Like a Lion.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm super curious where the green light in Dr. Stone came from, and why. Will I even find out in the show or do I have to wait until next season?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
MHA 78

Well the highlight of the episode is that the new OP is by KANA-BOON. I guess we have to take some time with Bakugo, eh.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Somali 3
Another visually interesting episode building on the relationship between Somali and Golem. Again, a bit sad with her not knowing just how little time Golem has left. I'm thinking the wolf is a misdirection but we'll see with humans being rare and food in this world.

MHA S4 15
Wrap-up and start of a few new threads, some of which we'll actually see this season. More of a lighter tone, which is nice after the last arc.

Eizouken 4
Anime is hard, but good anime can blow people away. That short was actually really amazing and you could tell it was made by a tiny team with passion, heart, and no time. Their wrap-up afterwards was actually great since you could tell all three of them are totally in regardless of approval and it showed.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Keep Your Hands off Eizouken! 3-4

God this shit is so brilliant. Unbridled creativity and passion. Haven't had the feeling of showing off a huge project after a shitton of work since college where I had to make games for a class but the process of cutting some things down and that last spurt where you are there over night as the project finishes reminded me of how I loved/hated that feeling.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Destructive God 3

I love this show. Was dying at the reveal of the second skit, I was very confused by Goestober was not helping Miguel and Looool at the reason. I still think Goestober is totally into Miguel. Helios was also pretty great, and surprisingly not shallow. Funniest show this season.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
A Destructive God Sits Next to Me 3

Not as funny as the last two episodes but still pretty great. There is a kind of serious message about not letting people put you down when you are passionate about something that isn't mainstream but obviously it's still played up for comedy cause all these characters are idiots. Miguel getting buried by the girl and then his friends was hilarious.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Ishuzoku Reviewers 3

What an interesting and educational show.

Crim is the only true adventurer on the team as far as I'm concerned.

Oct 25, 2017
PET Episode 3

Come on, Hiroki seemed like he did an alright job his first day running the shop, I guess all the other stuff would be beyond him, but im sure he could learn it. That said loved the scene when he ran up to his boyfriend who came home, sweet embrace.

Compelling content as well. Defintiely in my top 5 of the season
-number24
-Haikyuu!! To the Top
-Sorcerorous Stabber Orphen
-A3
-PET

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I Want To Eat Your Pancreas

This was good but the last third of the movie was really awkward. There was like 3 instances where I thought the movie was ending but then it just kept on going. It also wasn't as much of a tear jerker as I thought it would be.

I thought that twist was really stupid. I was legit pissed off lol. I think thats when my brain went from getting ready to cry to just being angry until the credits rolled. I mean I get it. "Tomorrow isnt guaranteed for anyone". Still, I was pissed. The dude saying to her mom that this wasn't obviously how they thought she would go made me chuckle. Jeez.

I thought the direction and stuff was pretty average. There were some really incredible character animation with some really stiff and poor looking cuts mixed in. I remember when the first PV dropped, it looked rough and pointed to production issues. Still, it looked good when it needed to.

Also, Japan really loves The Little Prince huh.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
This isn't 2020 anime but since I have funimation to watch "men of culture" I thought I'd check out what else was on there and found a show called Garo : Vanishing Line and even though it's stuck dubbed only I really enjoy it. It's kind of like Devil May Cry channeled through a bit of Guilty Gears aesthetic/music. Hell it's even giving me Persona vibes too. It's like 3-4 years old at this point but hey whatever. I'm saving Ishizoku 3 for .... uh later. lol.
Have you watched the first Garo animation series Garo: The Carved Seal of Flames? If you haven't you should it's great (personally consider it my favorite of the lot). It starts quite slow but it ends pretty strong.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

There was a rumor a week or two ago from someone who is apparently reputable that we're getting a Bleach continuation that would disappoint people(speculation for this part is that it's disappointing because it's still Pierrot animating it)

It looks like we'll be getting new Kubo manga as well.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
if kubo has an excuse to make more fashion spreads i'll take it i guess

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 4

Holy shit, that was wonderful. The entire student council scene was fantastic, loved the Eizouken just being absorbed in their work looking at how to improve it after it aired.

Oct 25, 2017
Why CGI, just why?
This looks so much worse than Stand Alone Complex.

Hell this looks way worse than Dorohedoro from this season.
Another show that uses a lot of CGI, but fuck does it look way better than that crap.

The thing is, on a technical level this CG animation is superior to the CG animation in Dorohedoro. It's just that the aesthetic design is so incredibly inferior. I don't like Shinji Aramaki's style in any instance, but it looks really bad when not using photorealistic designs.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, on a technical level this CG animation is superior to the CG animation in Dorohedoro. It's just that the aesthetic design is so incredibly inferior. I don't like Shinji Aramaki's style in any instance, but it looks really bad when not using photorealistic designs.
The better question is why is it CGI in the first place?
I can only assume it's being done on the mega cheap somehow.

Oct 25, 2017
The better question is why is it CGI in the first place?
I can only assume it's being done on the mega cheap somehow.

It's CG because it's being done by a CG studio, Sola Digital Arts, and a CG director, Shinji Aramaki, with whom Kenji Kamiyama, the director of Ghost in the Shell S.A.C., has formed a partnership. This is essentially the same creative team that was behind Netflix's Ultraman series. (Even the music composers are the same.) It's definitely not being done on the mega cheap; Sola uses motion capture and high-end CG techniques, and I'm sure it pays its employees better than 2D animators get paid, because that's what is typically the case for CG animators. The issue here is not budget so much as artistic choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.