• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Well, the last couple of Somali and the Forest Spirit episodes went dark as fuck. Just waiting for that gut punch at the end of the series.

I'm behind on the show, but it sounds like it's really speeding up the pace of the story from the manga. Only on ch 8 from what MAL has, and so far nothing too dark has even happened.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 6

"Let's ditch the giant robot anime!" got a pretty good laugh out of me because that feeling of "Oh god none of this is working just throw it all out" is too real.

They way they got the sound club kid on board was hilarious as well.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Show By Rock Mashumairesh episodes 1-5

Howan is adorable and Mashima is totally hot for her.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll is doing another anime marathon leading up to the Anime Awards. No schedule has been posted yet though, but Mob Psycho 100 S2 and everyone's favorite, Shield Hero, seem to be included.

https://www.twitch.tv/crunchyroll
I see a schedule on the twitch page lower down though?

Mon, 2/10 PST
9:00am PST - 14:03 PST - My Roommate is a Cat
14:30 PST - 19:39 PST - Mob Psycho 100 II
19:39 PST - 21:10 PST - BLACK FOX
21:10 - 24:00 PST - Girly Air Force

Tues, 2/11 PST
00:00 - 2:14 PST - Girly Air Force
2:14 - 2:54 PST - Katana Maidens ~Mini Toji
2:54 - 7:48 PST - Kemono Friends 2
7:48 - 13:42 PST - Ascendance of a Bookworm
13:42 - 19:03 PST - Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! GO! Goma-Chan
19:02 - 19:57 PST - Hakata Mentai! Pirikarako-chan
19:57 - 24:00 given

Wed, 2/12 PST
0:00 - 0:27 PST - given
0:00 - 11:23 PST - The Rising of the Shield Hero
11:23 - 15:53 PST - Sarazanmai
15:53 - 21:10 PST - Konosuba Season 1 (English Dub)
21:10 - 24:00 PST - given

Thurs, 2/13 PST
0:00 - 1:40 - given
1:40 - 6:69 - Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! GO! Goma-Chan
6:59 - 11:54 PST - Kemono Friends 2
11:54 - 12:49 PST - - Hakata Mentai! Pirikarako-chan
12:49 - 13:28 PST - Katana Maidens ~Mini Toji
13:28 - 15:00 PST BLACK FOX
15:00 - 19:30 PST Sarazanmai
19:30 - 24:00 PST - Mob Psycho 100 II

Fri, 2/14 PST
0:00 - 1:06 PST - Mob Psycho 100 II
1:06 - 7:00 PST - Ascendance of a Bookworm
7:00 - 17:57 PST - The Rising of the Shield Hero

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Man Sarazanmai or Given better win at least something. Sigh I'm being an optimist. It's probably going to be a sweep for Demons Slayer and Kaguyasama

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing symphogear Another versions of tsubasa and chris on my twitter. whats the deal

Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing symphogear Another versions of tsubasa and chris on my twitter. whats the deal

AU from the mobile game. Events called Bayonet Charge. AU Tsubasa seems to be far less reserved, more tomboyish and AU Chris far more reserved and motherly. Seems pretty gay. I dunno if they are from the same AU as the angry and dour Hibiki who didn't have Miku or the AU where Miku got Gungnir instead. A lot of AUs

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see a schedule on the twitch page lower down though?

Mon, 2/10 PST
9:00am PST - 14:03 PST - My Roommate is a Cat
14:30 PST - 19:39 PST - Mob Psycho 100 II
19:39 PST - 21:10 PST - BLACK FOX
21:10 - 24:00 PST - Girly Air Force

Tues, 2/11 PST
00:00 - 2:14 PST - Girly Air Force
2:14 - 2:54 PST - Katana Maidens ~Mini Toji
2:54 - 7:48 PST - Kemono Friends 2
7:48 - 13:42 PST - Ascendance of a Bookworm
13:42 - 19:03 PST - Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! GO! Goma-Chan
19:02 - 19:57 PST - Hakata Mentai! Pirikarako-chan
19:57 - 24:00 given

Wed, 2/12 PST
0:00 - 0:27 PST - given
0:00 - 11:23 PST - The Rising of the Shield Hero
11:23 - 15:53 PST - Sarazanmai
15:53 - 21:10 PST - Konosuba Season 1 (English Dub)
21:10 - 24:00 PST - given

Thurs, 2/13 PST
0:00 - 1:40 - given
1:40 - 6:69 - Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! GO! Goma-Chan
6:59 - 11:54 PST - Kemono Friends 2
11:54 - 12:49 PST - - Hakata Mentai! Pirikarako-chan
12:49 - 13:28 PST - Katana Maidens ~Mini Toji
13:28 - 15:00 PST BLACK FOX
15:00 - 19:30 PST Sarazanmai
19:30 - 24:00 PST - Mob Psycho 100 II

Fri, 2/14 PST
0:00 - 1:06 PST - Mob Psycho 100 II
1:06 - 7:00 PST - Ascendance of a Bookworm
7:00 - 17:57 PST - The Rising of the Shield Hero
Wasn't there originally

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
AHO GIRL 1-12

Is...is this the best anime ever made? It might be. Also fun that I watched this almost immediately after beating Tokyo Mirage Sessions as the male lead's voice also voices Chrom.

Might need to rewatch this just to make some gifs of Aho girl getting brutalized.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I always forget Aho Girl is called Aho girl because in my mind it will aways be Banana girl : the anime.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Mushishi 02-03

This show really captures the horror of a 'Mushi' by showing more than saying. While it does have its exposition moments, the horror is more nuanced that it would really need the audio-visuals to truly comprehend. The horror builds rather than simply coming into existence - in both the episodes, you have a Mushi condition that is not only showing the immediate effect but also the long term effect. Adding a sort of dimension to the audio-visual depiction.

It creates an incredible reassuring feeling around the protagonist in weeding out the cause of the problem as a result. As always the atmosphere is heavy whether it was snowing or sunny.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Mushishi 02-03

This show really captures the horror of a 'Mushi' by showing more than saying. While it does have its exposition moments, the horror is more nuanced that it would really need the audio-visuals to truly comprehend. The horror builds rather than simply coming into existence - in both the episodes, you have a Mushi condition that is not only showing the immediate effect but also the long term effect. Adding a sort of dimension to the audio-visual depiction.

It creates an incredible reassuring feeling around the protagonist in weeding out the cause of the problem as a result. As always the atmosphere is heavy whether it was snowing or sunny.
A friend and I used to joke saying that the day someone tells Ginko he's wrong and the problem isn't Mushi he's gonna jump out the window and leg it.

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley, CA
So I've been watching the first Macross show, and I've been kinda weirded out by the romance drama in this show.

Like Hikaru (a 16 yo teenage boy soldier) is attracted to a teenage girl (Lynn Minmay), which is normal I guess. But then Hikaru becomes jealous of Minmay's relationship with her older cousin? And his jealousy turns out to be valid in some way since Minmay kisses her cousin for a movie? And then Hikaru starts getting attracted to a superior officer who's a bit older than he is?

I don't know if I've been only watching "vanilla" anime shows, but are weird age/incestual romance dynamics normal for anime? Or am I just being overly bothered by this?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I don't know if I've been only watching "vanilla" anime shows, but are weird age/incestual romance dynamics normal for anime?

tenor.gif

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
That reminds me of a One Piece SBS where a fan asked Oda why Sanji's eyes didn't turn into hearts while talking to his sister.

And then Oda basically answered with "that would be weird wouldn't it?"

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Japan, and pretty much most of the world is fairly okay with banging your cousin so its not really out of place. Wanting to fuck your sister, biological or otherwise is a different can of worms.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
That reminds me of a One Piece SBS where a fan asked Oda why Sanji's eyes didn't turn into hearts while talking to his sister.

And then Oda basically answered with "that would be weird wouldn't it?"
Siblings in Anime: "Oh Oni-chan, I love you soooo much!

Siblings in real life: "Hey Shitfuck, stay the fuck out of my room!"

Dec 4, 2017
No, let them keep their innocence for at least a while longer.
Sweats profusely.

Siblings in Anime: "Oh Oni-chan, I love you soooo much!

Siblings in real life: "Hey Shitfuck, stay the fuck out of my room!"
Nature is actually playing a vile trick on us. Siblings who didn't grow up together (ex. were given up for adoption) do feel a strong physical attraction to each other. Doubly so in the case of half-siblings. More than a few couples were quite dismayed to find out they were actually half-brother and half-sister.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu 1-5

I'm not really into idol shows but this has been pretty interesting. On one hand, the obsessive otaku stuff really rubs me the wrong way. But on the other, the show is pretty funny and entertaining. I think the cringe is on purpose and I kinda of feel bad laughing at these otaku sometimes. I also wonder how it feels to be part of such an underground idol group where maybe 30 people show up for your shows. The shots always emphasize how empty the venues are during their performances and I feel like that would lower morale among the members. I also have no idea if the some of these girls are actually gay or if its just fan service.

I think what annoys me the most is the amount of waste being created by all these CD sales. Why not just sell them digitally? What do otaku do with multiple copies of the same CD? So much plastic! I also find it distasteful that the show kind of encourages this kind of obsessive behavior in fans and all the manipulation done from the production end is played for jokes. If Eripiyo was a dude, the show would become a psychological thriller almost immediately.

That said, aside from the weird CG used in some dance sequences, the art is really good. I love the character designs. Everything is so vibrant and colorful and its a joy to look at.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
AHO GIRL 1-12

Is...is this the best anime ever made? It might be. Also fun that I watched this almost immediately after beating Tokyo Mirage Sessions as the male lead's voice also voices Chrom.

Might need to rewatch this just to make some gifs of Aho girl getting brutalized.

maybe one day we'll get a season 2 adaptation with the curryshop visit and the multi-part fieldtrip but then again comic artist didn't get a season 2 either but atleast that got some OVAs

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ace of Diamond S2 45

I'm crying. Sawamura finally got it.

There's still 12 minutes left...

The cut from showing Sawamura with the ace number to EXCEED GO was AMAZING. Then the actual numbers ceremony up to Furuya congratulating him just continuously wrecked me. SAWAMURA NO ACE, I'M SO HAPPY FOR HIM

Last edited:

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Budoukan - 05

Now it's time for an episode about Yume..... shes the blonde one..... shes gay. (probably) For the first time it feels like the show has an ensemble cast and i think that taking a break from Eri's game of lesbian cat and mouse with Maina is a good thing even if it gets harder and harder to buy that Eris love for Maina is purely on the level of being an idol. Speaking of Idols, Maina's colleagues have their own issues to deal with when it comes to the cutthroat popularity contests of stardom. Yume doesnt want to overshadow Maki's spotlight in the front row of the group because that would mean she doesnt get to stare at her ass while dancing. Or maybe Yume just admires Maki and wants her light to shine for others as it does for her. Either way Yume has star quality and enjoys her day in the sun center stage.

Meanwhile, Eri reaches rock bottom as she begs her mother for cash to buy more Maina merchandise for the express purpose of gaining votes for a popularity poll. The shame her mother feels is almost equal to the shame I feel when I watch each episode of this show for the 3rd time. I do wish more time was spend with Eris mother to see what her feelings are about her daughter's... hobby. One could surmise that next week Eri will be selling her body to pay for Maina's merch and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I don't like how they did Eri in this ep
the second she stops being a free money dispenser she's not even given a break
they could have had their anime misunderstandings by having maina think she was taking advantage of a lone superfan for too long or something instead of what they pulled here

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't like how they did Eri in this ep
the second she stops being a free money dispenser she's not even given a break
they could have had their anime misunderstandings by having maina think she was taking advantage of a lone superfan for too long or something instead of what they pulled here
Being Maina is suffering but being Eri is suffering when she can't spend her entire earnings on Maina. I think it's just to renforce the joke of how dedicated Eri is to put her in a desperate situation. There have already been several situations where a simple complete sentence from Maina would solve this whole thing but for some reason, or maybe no reason at all, it doesn't come out. It's a bit silly but so is the show. I would like to know more about Eri before she became a Maina psycho and it would be nice if Maina wasn't kind of super dense sometimes but hopefully there is a solid payoff to all this running around.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Chihayafuru 18

How does this show manage to be the best when it's about an amateur card game. Because it is the best.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 18
Your fave could never. The complexity of this episode is just incredible.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ace of Diamond Act II episode 45

goddamn finally! I had waited for this part to be animated. Eijun is finally the team's ace!

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 18
Welcome to the prestigious master match, where the players will proceed to throw the first 3 games to each other.

No wonder they are only showing the Queen match on the stream!

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Chihaya S3 18

Fuck Suo's games. I know they will pull some bullshit to make Harada lose, but man do I want him to kick his ass. Also as usual the ice queen finds the strength of her solitude or something to pull through.

What an epic match. Glad we can stay away from creepy Suo. Come on Taichi You need to be the next Harada!

Status
Not open for further replies.