• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to chime in and agree that yes, brother-sister relationships in anime and manga are the fucking worst. Occasionally something will execute the trope in a reasonably funny way (Tsuredure Children and its text message scene), but I struggle to remember a single instance where they're just normal (well, outside of movies and when one of the siblings is a baby or toddler or Lelouch declaring that he'll subjugate the entire world to make it an okay place for his crippled sister).

Hyouka was pretty good, but in that case the sister is already an adult.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I just want to chime in and agree that yes, brother-sister relationships in anime and manga are the fucking worst. Occasionally something will execute the trope in a reasonably funny way (Tsuredure Children and its text message scene), but I struggle to remember a single instance where they're just normal (well, outside of movies and when one of the siblings is a baby or toddler or Lelouch declaring that he'll subjugate the entire world to make it an okay place for his crippled sister).

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl is the only other one that comes to mind.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
OreGairu had good sibling dynamic between Hachiman and Komachi. I dont remember any creepy shit but it's been a while since I've watched it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya Love is War also has a brother/sister with a normal relationship. Same with Quintessential Quintuplets.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

The Zoldyck family from HxH are somehow one of the more normal anime families out there.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl is the only other one that comes to mind.
OreGairu had good sibling dynamic between Hachiman and Komachi. I dont remember any creepy shit but it's been a while since I've watched it.
Watamote has a great brother/sister dynamic.

Kaguya Love is War also has a brother/sister with a normal relationship. Same with Quintessential Quintuplets.
The Zoldyck family from HxH are somehow one of the more normal anime families out there.
Another most recent would be Demon Slayer
the most realistic brother/sister relationship is android 17 and 18

kyon-kun, denwa

Best bro is in Non Non Broyori.

qYVm5OS.jpg

Also from memory the other siblings in Gekkan Shoujo are great. Nanako and Yu in Persona 4 if that counts. And I had something in mind from another comedy anime but forgot it...

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 6

I wanted to slap some sense into Asakusa near the end there with that buggy lol. Thankfully she spun that around into an awesome interior design. I hope we get an art book of this anime, I adore the design pages.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching Rising of the Shield Hero because of a friends recommendation and its been kinda... meh. Lacklustre animation (especially after coming off of Vinland Saga), plot isn't interesting for atleast the first 18 episodes and some of the tropes are just eye-roll worthy. I'll finish it because I might aswell at this point but jeez, im gonna have to go back and ask my friend wtf he's smoking cause there is nothing special about this anime to me.

Next up on my list are any of the following:
AoT Season 3 (might rewatch S2 cause I have kind of forgotten where we're at in the story?)
New Game! & !!
March Comes in Like A Lion
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Zombieland Saga

Feel free to encourage me to prioritise any from the list!

edit: Oh, I also really want to watch Re:Zero but I think I will wait until the directors cut is almost finished so I can binge in time for S2!

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Been watching Rising of the Shield Hero because of a friends recommendation and its been kinda... meh. Lacklustre animation (especially after coming off of Vinland Saga), plot isn't interesting for atleast the first 18 episodes and some of the tropes are just eye-roll worthy. I'll finish it because I might aswell at this point but jeez, im gonna have to go back and ask my friend wtf he's smoking cause there is nothing special about this anime to me.

AoT Season 3 (might rewatch S2 cause I have kind of forgotten where we're at in the story?)
New Game! & !!
Zombieland Saga

AoT3 , March, Zombie Land, rest.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios

New Game! & !!
Zombieland Saga

edit: Oh, I also really want to watch Re:Zero but I think I will wait until the directors cut is almost finished so I can binge in time for S2!
AoT3, March, Zombieland Saga, Slime, New Game

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My recommendation is to get better friends. ;P
Alternatively, get friends with better anime taste.
haha, he normally has good taste tbh, he introduced me to HxH when it started airing in 2011. Based on past conversations I think he just really likes isekai's in general. Not so much my thing.

edit: AoT3 > March > Zombieland it is!
Will have a think whether I will bother rewatching S2.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

New Game! & !!
Zombieland Saga

New Game is really good.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Bofuri Episode 6:

Ah yes, at last we have reached the point in the MMORPG adventuring career where it is time to join of create a guild and honestly things got kind of dull, can't say it isn't accurate though.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu on Parade 18: Design. Dress. Repeat

Pretty boring episode without anything interesting going on. We've already seen Raki hum and ho a lot about making dresses. Give her something more. Best part was Ran appearing out of nowhere for Sora's performance and getting Hikari a scene. Also that rivalish girl of Akari whose name I can't remember. Also Saaya is Batman.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Brigading scores in anything (movies, games, anime...) is so silly with spamming 1's or 10's due to whatever reason. Proving that something is the best because... Funi dropped it? Or that something is the worst because the company itself (not the title) did something? Most I'm sure didn't even watch/play.

I feel like I'm one of the few honest reviewers, with how I feel on stuff. I rated based on how much I enjoyed it, personally. Might not be good enough to recommend to others, but depends how much I liked it :x I just know what I couldn't bring myself to give CCS Clear Card a super high score :/

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i've hit this nice rhythm with Sounan Desuka where I'm enjoying it for what it is but I peeked the manga pages and man, the manga art is way better than this pretty stock-standard anime. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Also it's really bringing up my dumb survivalist tendencies. I want to read the SAS Survival manual now

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Pet 6

This show is definitely a lot to process. I can't tell if Tsukasa actually cares for Hiroki or is just using him in a 4D chess way. It's driving me crazy. Definitely the most WTF show of the season.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
This weeks Chihayafuru was so good. I just wish it was possible for everyone to win. I'm pulling for Harada but Suo is finally getting some much needed development is making things interesting. I also love the parallels between the Master and Queen (and their families) and I def got hyped when Suo activated turbo mode.

I love the Chihaya and Shinobu scenes. Shinobu's VA is amazing so its nice to hear her speak more regularly.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The last MHA episode was probably one of the best ones of the season lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That is not saying much at all.
If you ever liked MHA 'when it was good', I don't see why you wouldn't like that episode. The direction and animation was probably the closest to season 2 in quality. It had none of the weaknesses the first half of this season had.

Status
Not open for further replies.