• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix needs to catch up to weekly scheduled stuff in the USA. Their obsession with binge watching is so annoying.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Richard 6

So relaxing. Richard was ready to start a crusade. Also Seigi please you must realize how much you are into Richard lol.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Bofuri 6
This is going to end with Maple having a guild of min-maxers too broken for other players, mods, or even devs to deal with.

Somali 6
I was expecting dark, but that was horrific.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Wandering Son 1

This was a fantastic episode. This watercolor artstyle is sublime. The directing was on point. The way in which there is so much joy and bliss in watching someone be themselves , only to have that fragile confidence shattered by those close to you was painfully effective. The sequence with Claire de Lune playing gave a sad and yet hopeful note to end the episode on. Glad I finally decided to give this a go. We need more LGBTQ stories like this, if anything for how they bring forth how little do we ever care to find the joy of being who we are.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Wandering Son 1

This was a fantastic episode. This watercolor artstyle is sublime. The directing was on point. The way in which there is so much joy and bliss in watching someone be themselves , only to have that fragile confidence shattered by those close to you was painfully effective. The sequence with Claire de Lune playing gave a sad and yet hopeful note to end the episode on. Glad I finally decided to give this a go. We need more LGBTQ stories like this, if anything for how they bring forth how little do we ever care to find the joy of being who we are.
Ei Aoki with good material is a potent combo. Always depressing when he spends years on crap like Aldnoah Zero >.<

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wandering Son 1

Oh cool, somebody is acknowledging this series!
It's one of my favourites, I hope you like it.

Consider "Sweet Blue Flowers" afterward, it's another LGBTQ story by the same author.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
So can we all just agree that if the Digimon Adventure reboot goes with Butterfly for its OP it will be OP of the season? This requires unanimous consent.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hey everyone, I don't watch much anime but I decided to start Haikyuu!! on Netflix because something about it appealed to me.

I'm only two episodes in, but I am really enjoying it. I am hoping for a tight, relatively short series vs. a long one.

Without any spoilers, can someone tell me:

-with the manga apparently ending soon, will the anime also end soon? I feel like 4 seasons total makes sense if each year is a year of high school.

-two seasons are up on Netflix, do we know when more are coming?

Thanks! this OST is blowing my mind

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone, I don't watch much anime but I decided to start Haikyuu!! on Netflix because something about it appealed to me.

I'm only two episodes in, but I am really enjoying it.

-with the manga apparently ending soon, will the anime also end soon? I feel like 4 seasons total makes sense if each year is a year of high school.
I am hoping for a tight, relatively short series vs. a long one.
From what I understand, we're very far off from where the source material is. Manga is a long running, weekly series with 380 chapters and the adaptation so far got 60ish eps at what I assume is a normal or even leisurely pace. (so probably like 2/3 chapters in an ep)

edit: Googling around - 3rd season finished on chapter 190.

3rd season came years ago, if it's not there now then it's anybody's guess probably.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
From what I understand, we're very far off from where the source material is. Manga is a long running, weekly series with 380 chapters and the adaptation so far got 60ish eps at what I assume is a normal or even leisurely pace. (so probably like 2/3 chapters in an ep)

3rd season came years ago, if it's not there now then it's anybody's guess probably.

thanks, i'll probably hold off on continuing then until we are closer to the end... or maybe just commit all the way and watch as we go

assuming netflix is timely about dubbing seasons

I would advise against watching sports and/or shonen anime.

i normally don't watch any anime but there is a real sincerity and wholesomeness to this that really pulls me in

Last edited:

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

I'm only two episodes in, but I am really enjoying it. I am hoping for a tight, relatively short series vs. a long one.

I will echo my colleagues in that this show still would need at least another season and that would take a good bit of time to come out. Show is excellent but most Shonen series are long running and getting them fully adapted without them being completed takes even longer.

If you like Haikyuu! I would recommend Run With the Wind. It's a finished story, adapting a novel. It's a show about running and it's more of a personal struggle for each character. The OST is by the same composer and I think it definitely beats Haikyuu!! score. The show is also made by Production IG.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
thanks, i'll probably hold off on continuing then until we are closer to the end... or maybe just commit all the way and watch as we go
I'll just add that waiting until the end may very well mean, waiting for literally decades or indefinitely. Most of the LN or manga adaptations function as ads for the source material and don't actually finish the story. Though Haikyuu is admittedly doing better than most by having 4 separate seasons already.

Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping they just use the original. Honestly I don't know how they can beat the original OST of the show. It's probably only one of a handful of shows that I can listen to the full OST from start to finish, it's incredible.
I dont know if there's any instance where a song from someone deceased was used beyond a one-off special thing.

Would prefer something different or song by the shows VAs since it is a reboot afterall.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just add that waiting until the end may very well mean, waiting for literally decades or indefinitely. Most of the LN or manga adaptations function as ads for the source material and don't actually finish the story. Though Haikyuu is admittedly doing better than most by having 4 separate seasons already.
Dont think that concern exists for Haikyuu!! since the writer already said we're in the final arc.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Anyone checked out Infinite Dendrogram? Don't think I've seen it mentioned in here yet. It's another MMO show on Hulu but I haven't given it a shot yet (BOFURI has scratched the itch so far).

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone checked out Infinite Dendrogram? Don't think I've seen it mentioned in here yet. It's another MMO show on Hulu but I haven't given it a shot yet (BOFURI has scratched the itch so far).
Its decent, nothing to write home about, feels more about being in a game and getting connected to NPCs (think npcs are no different than people) and such. Also I love and hate that the only drama is being kicked out the game for an hour, sometimes i wish it was more serious but on the other hand I like that it is just a game.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I dont know if there's any instance where a song from someone deceased was used beyond a one-off special thing.

Would prefer something different or song by the shows VAs since it is a reboot afterall.

I think this is them trying to cash in. I could see them using a new singer, but I think Butterfly will be the song. I am more interested in the OST proper, the original was heavily carried by the music.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

No not at all. After this 24 episode season we need at least another one and I think they will do another 12 then. We will see when the manga ends.

No information so far. But I think Season 3 should be on their to (maybe under another new? It has a subtitle) It's on German Netflix

You are in for a ride. You haven't even heard the good OSTs yet.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
No not at all. After this 24 episode season we need at least another one and I think they will do another 12 then. We will see when the manga ends.

No information so far. But I think Season 3 should be on their to (maybe under another new? It has a subtitle) It's on German Netflix

You are in for a ride. You haven't even heard the good OSTs yet.
I took a break after the first 13 episodes. Still haven't decided if I should continue.
A thing that bothered me also was many people talking at the same but only having one line of dialogue being displayed.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

assuming netflix is timely about dubbing seasons

i normally don't watch any anime but there is a real sincerity and wholesomeness to this that really pulls me in
So... Netflix isn't dubbing it it's Sentai, they just struck a deal to have it on Netflix as well.
the third season is having it's dub released on Hidive currently (not sure if it finished or is just close I haven't looked in a bit) I'm not sure how long it will take to make its way over to netflix, but more and more sentai series have been making their way to netflix so it's likely it will be there in the next few months.

With Sentai it can be a mixed bag when things get dubbed. They tried doing quick dubs for a bit but those seem to have mostly died, so I'm guessing much like with Chihayafuru that it will be about a year before the current season gets dubbed sadly.

Oct 25, 2017
Kabukicho Episode 16 EngDub

Aw Erica's BF was kind of hot, wish he didn't die from a serial killer.

But more importantly. Moriarty is back!!! How'd he get out after 10 months?!?!?!

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Haikyuu! S4 6

A whole of nothing. What the heLL was that ending. I love how they all trained and yet they are getting their butts handed to them. I guess now they all need to synergize

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to posting my AOTY rankings:

1. Run With The Wind
2. Attack on Titan S3
3. Machikado Mazoku
4. Fruits Basket
5. Pokemon Sun & Moon
6. Kaguya-sama: Love Is War
7. The Promised Neverland
8. Hitori Bocchi
9. Chihayafuru S3
10. My Roommate is a Cat

I didnt get a chance to finish a few series like Mob Psycho 2, Vinland Saga, etc. but I'm pretty satisfied with these.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Finally got around to posting my AOTY rankings:

1. Run With The Wind
2. Attack on Titan S3
3. Machikado Mazoku
4. Fruits Basket
5. Pokemon Sun & Moon
6. Kaguya-sama: Love Is War
7. The Promised Neverland
8. Hitori Bocchi
9. Chihayafuru S3
10. My Roommate is a Cat

I didnt get a chance to finish a few series like Mob Psycho 2, Vinland Saga, etc. but I'm pretty satisfied with these.

Solid list! Glad to see RWTW so high up!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Wandering Son 1

Definitely one of the top shows of 2010s.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
MHA 81

gfnmyzJ.png

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

Different studio and director from season 1.

Considering that the manga will finish next week, I expected Season 2 to air earlier than October. If it is one cour (as most likely it will be), I am starting to fear that it could be the last season and that it could end in a similar way as what happened with the anime of We Never Learn, with a sudden timeskip to the end and a sudden revelation of the bride's identity.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
MHA 81
You are legally required to include at least one festival in any anime/manga that happens in and/or around a school of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.