• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Healin' Good Precure 04

Seems a bit of extra work went into the monster's animation this week. Must be the infamous yellow bias, trying to make Cure Sparkle's debut episode special.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Still don't know how the hell they're going to resolve Attack on Titan's story in a satisfactory way with only one more season/about 12 episodes after all the twists they've introduced.

They're introducing a whole new world on top of everything else.

Feels like the plot would need another season or two but eh, I'll see where it goes.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still don't know how the hell they're going to resolve Attack on Titan's story in a satisfactory way with only one more season/about 12 episodes after all the twists they've introduced.

They're introducing a whole new world on top of everything else.

Feels like the plot would need another season or two but eh, I'll see where it goes.

It's impossible with 12 and even 24 will strech it.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Had a movie night

In this Corner of the World
After about five minutes i was already bracing myself for the gauntlet of emotions. Great, great movie.

Love and Chunni: Take on Me
Not quite a Tamako Love story. It was cute fanservice but there was no substance to it. I forgot how much i don't like the side characters.

Night is Short Walk on Girl
I want to rewatch it asap.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Eizouken 8
For an episode I was thinking would focus more on the anime, I'm glad this was far more about the characters themselves. Plus, the first half of the episode had me rollin' with all the competing clubs trying to grab attention, to the HVAC Club (you can't make this up) negotiations, Student Council tackling robots, and the Robot Club running all over.

This was like a perfect episode.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
A Destructive God Sits Next To Me 7

When will Koyuki realize he's in love with Hanadori. Also I really like the new girl, she broke down all of Koyuki's character flaws and if this wasn't mostly a comedy that should have been a big moment in how he acts with Hanadori but of course it ends up funnier when he tries to set boundaries.

Also I can't believe Koyuki's "tail" was supposed to be a belt this whole time. I couldn't think of anything it could actually be and I just assumed it wasn't supposed to be actually seen.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
ID:Invaded 09

jesus christ that was brutal. This show is great and getting weirder by the episode. It's reminding me of the writer's short story Drill Hole in My Brain (i guess he's really into the concept of drilling holes in heads as symbolism lol)

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Chihayafuru 01-03

I think it's the first time that I made it through this dreary flashback. Maybe third time really is the charm ?

Chihayafuru 05

This is some real schlocky drama. At least the Taichi NTR comedy delivers.

Last edited:

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 8

This show is firing on all cylinders right now. Just like the giant robot.

Mizusaki MVP.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I binged Madoka and Steins;Gate over the past two weeks or so

Madoka was amazing. Such a tight script. I don't love where Rebellion took the story, but I think it makes sense. I just thought episode 12 was the more poignant ending.

Steins;Gate...oh my god. I love Okabe + Kurisu. Finally an anime where they actually kiss. Everything else was amazing, but that was just so damn gratifying. I think the show is also pretty wild in how it can tonally go from comedy -> romance -> thriller at the drop of a hat starting from like episode 12 and it all feels natural.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 8

What an amazing end to this arc. The beginning half with the festival shenanigans was absolutely hilarious

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Does Gundam have the same kind of mysterious layer that is found in Eva? The giant mech fights weren't the real draw for me with Eva. But I loved the mystery, the religious undertones, and the personal trauma storylines.
Fate/Zero I feel checks a lot of these boxes.

I'll also throw out Mononoke, Mouryo no Hako, House of Five Leaves (no real "action" in latter 2) to the pile of recs you already got.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I binged Madoka and Steins;Gate over the past two weeks or so

Madoka was amazing. Such a tight script. I don't love where Rebellion took the story, but I think it makes sense. I just thought episode 12 was the more poignant ending.

Steins;Gate...oh my god. I love Okabe + Kurisu. Finally an anime where they actually kiss. Everything else was amazing, but that was just so damn gratifying. I think the show is also pretty wild in how it can tonally go from comedy -> romance -> thriller at the drop of a hat starting from like episode 12 and it all feels natural.

Watched Steins;Gate a month ago and it instantly became one of my all time favorite anime. Okabe and Kurisu's relationship really was fantastic.

Are you going to watch S;G 0?

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Dorohedoro 7

Finally! I wanted to see Jonson animated here lol

SHOCKING!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken 8
Continues to be excellent. This show is an absolute modern classic.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Man, I've spent so much time on Indeed, Monster, and LinkedIn, I've fallen behind anime big time on most shows.

I did finish a couple shows though:

Squid Girl S2 1-END:
S2 wasn't as good as S1 imo, but it was still a really fun show from start to finish. Sometimes the complete nonsense is exactly what you need to relax and enjoy a show and this one delivers. Spoiler alert; failed squidvasion...

Seitokai Yakuindomo ep. 1-END
I quit this show really quickly a few years ago, but I wanted to give it another shot and I'm glad I did. Again, the two pervy female student council members being completely innocent somehow works really well and he deals with the idiocy really well to add another great layer to the show.

I'll start S2 shortly.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eizouken 6-8

Very good as everyone is saying. This kind of inspired me to start back up a bit on one of my projects.

Pokemon (2019) 8-11

Why do Dragonites grow arms after evolving? To hug their friends of course. The Yamper/Koharu episode was cute too. Hilarious that they just give kids choice to go to school or travel the world I guess.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon (2019) 8-11

Why do Dragonites grow arms after evolving? To hug their friends of course. The Yamper/Koharu episode was cute too. Hilarious that they just give kids choice to go to school or travel the world I guess.

It really is a cute series! Sun and Moon took the show in a bit of a different direction, and this series even moreso, with the aspects of Pokemon Go, only some of it focusing on Galar, and just some really wholesome eps.

aidangs

Jan 8, 2019
Eizouken 8
This and the last few episodes have been just an absolute joy to watch. If they can keep around this level of quality through to the end it'll definitely go down as one of my all time favorites.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Fruits Basket 11-15 (2019, rewatch)
Episode 14 still got to me.

I can't wait for season 2 when we start to "open the lid" on Tohru. 14 shows a brief glimpse of what's really going on in her head and it ain't pretty. I've always been fascinated by the slow peeling away at her armour until you realise Tohru is just a ball of guilt and grief. Everything is an act, a pantomime of normalcy. Every single fake smile in season 1 is killing me. I need to give this baby girl a hug.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
man i might duel shot eizouken and restart shirobako again lmao

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Today's episode for Dorohedoro, Eizouken, and ID:Invaded are great!! Certainly did not expect to get three amazing episodes, today.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
awful ahiru no sora episode, who puts an episode ending as the basketball is midair towards the goal in the final second, ugh.

this isnt even a major game!

every. single. episode. has. to. end. on. an. cliffhanger - the show
They even recapped the whole match at the begining for that. Ahiru no Sora is such a bad adaptation (animation? nya, stills everywhere), but I like the music and the characters itself so there is that. Still pretty disappointing.

Catching up with Magica Record. I find it interesting that Iroha is pretty weak compare to the other MGs which is a interesting contrast to Madoka who doesn't become a MG for most of the series. In a way it a sign that she not ready for what to come despite her having powers.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Funimation Adds Gurren Lagann, Cells at Work!, March comes in like a lion, More Anime

Also: Charlotte, Eromanga Sensei, DAKAICHI Anime // Funimation announced on Monday that it will begin streaming the following anime from Aniplex on Tuesday....

Funimation announced on Monday that it will begin streaming the following anime from Aniplex on Tuesday.

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I watched Steins;Gate for the first time last year. It was an extremely underwhelming experience as a sci-fi story. Time travelling becomes meaningless if you bend the rules at your will because of the power of love and friendship. It also never had any huge crazy good twist that for some reason I have come to expect from these types of series. Characters weren't anything amazing, but in general they were good enough to make a cozy slice of life series.

It wasn't bad, on the contrary, it's just that I expected a lot more from something so well received.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
every. single. episode. has. to. end. on. an. cliffhanger - the show
They even recapped the whole match at the begining for that. Ahiru no Sora is such a bad adaptation (animation? nya, stills everywhere), but I like the music and the characters itself so there is that. Still pretty disappointing.
Looks like the longest series they'd done previous to this was 24 episodes. And I think this'll be what, four cour?

Probably gonna wait for it to end so I don't have to deal with all those cliffhangers (I think I stopped around ep. 12).

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Tsuredure Children

why

why was this only a series of shorts

I feel like I could watch entire series based around even a single one of these couples.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Seitokai Yakuindomo- Movie
Not neay as good as the show, especially with the scattered story production/presentation for a majority of the movie.

Still some funny stuff though... Prez/V.P shipping in full force...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Tsuredure Children

why

why was this only a series of shorts

I feel like I could watch entire series based around even a single one of these couples.
Yeah, it's frustratingly good, and I wish we had way more. That said, I'm more than okay with it being ~12ish minute episodes. The pacing is way better than your typical anime as a result.
I ended up reading the manga. It was great.
Isn't it a 4-koma >.<? Blah, I really can't do them. Tried to follow up on Nozaki-kun but the monotony killed it for me.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's frustratingly good, and I wish we had way more. That said, I'm more than okay with it being ~12ish minute episodes. The pacing is way better than your typical anime as a result.

Isn't it a 4-koma >.<? Blah, I really can't do them. Tried to follow up on Nozaki-kun but the monotony killed it for me.

the ability to remix a 4koma into an anime people don't necessarily identify as based off a 4koma is top tier skill

Status
Not open for further replies.