• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I've heard of Akame ga Kill a few times recently.. anyone recommend it? I see it's on both Netflix and CR. Netflix is a lot more convenient so I suppose I'd watch it there instead if anywhere barring there being any censorship or anything I'm not aware of.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I've heard of Akame ga Kill a few times recently.. anyone recommend it? I see it's on both Netflix and CR. Netflix is a lot more convenient so I suppose I'd watch it there instead if anywhere barring there being any censorship or anything I'm not aware of.
Akame ga Kill is...interesting.

I enjoyed it when it came out, but it's definitely not a series I recommend lightly.

I don't wanna spoil anything but the shows colorful, wacky characters are kinda at odds with the shows grim fucking story...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

season 3 confirmation when :P
If you don't mind a dumb plot, and some tonal whiplash, and really just want a bloody action series it can be a fun enough watch. Like it's not great, but there are worst ways to kill a day.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Akame ga Kill is...interesting.

I enjoyed it when it came out, but it's definitely not a series I recommend lightly.

I don't wanna spoil anything but the shows colorful, wacky characters are kinda at odds with the shows grim fucking story...
season 3 confirmation when :P

If you don't mind a dumb plot, and some tonal whiplash, and really just want a bloody action series it can be a fun enough watch. Like it's not great, but there are worst ways to kill a day.
Thanks for the scoop! I really know absolutely nothing about it at all but have seen the name in passing recently and saw it listed as a popular show on both services.. so I'm curious. I'll probably give it a shot. I am plowing through Beastars so a show on Netflix will be easy to transition to afterwards.

Oct 25, 2017
Its soon upon us!

"SWORD ART ONLINE ALICIZATION WAR" OF UNDERWORLD CONTINUES ON HIDIVE

The franchise that took the anime world by storm continues with a second season of Alicization War of Underworld! Tune in every Saturday starting April 25, 2020 at 16:30 UTC to stream Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld on HIDIVE!

Oct 27, 2017
Aww, Iruma is over. Well, I'll be looking forward to S2.

I'm way more into Hanako-kun than I thought I'd be. This show is gripping me.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
ok i might keep at it. i didnt even make it all the way through episode one (got interrupted) but I did think that the cinematography was off the charts

q. did sally amaki get to bust out her english in-show yet

yes

honestly after the first two eps it's mostly mediocrity, but the standouts like #5 (SB koji masunari, idolm@ster regular) and the aforementioned #7 are quite good

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017

I actually just watched all of it this week (finished it this morning!) because a co-worker kept recommending it and I thought I might as well watch it since I'm off from work thanks to the pandemic. So the show is very fresh on my mind.

The show is fine. It's entertaining. I gave it an 8 on MAL, but it's an 8 that's closer to a 7 than a 9. I'd have given it a 7.5 if that were an option. What sets it apart is that characters die GOT-style. That's a double-edged sword because you end up trying to predict when they die. Your thought process while watching becomes "This character is in a fight maybe they will die. No? Next time then. Oh they are getting some character development now so they gotta die soon!" It really makes it hard to care for the characters lol.

Unfortunately, the show is more edgy than mature. There was so much more they could have done with the setup of having assassins trying to pave the way for a revolution against a corrupt empire. But it focuses so much on two groups; the assassins and the general's group that's trying to kill the assassins. We really needed more info about the setting and the people outside these groups to make the conflict between them have more weight. The characters that do get focus are so extreme and comical that they feel out of place.

It seems that I'm being negative, but I'll still give it a recommendation so long as you don't have anything else you want to watch more. It's only 24 episodes and it has an ending. Perfect if you want a battle shounen without having to commit to many episodes.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Akame ga Kill is an atrocious edge-fest written by a computer but there's entertainment to be found in it's badness.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
With Drifting Dragons finally getting added to Netflix next month, I was wondering how many chapters/volumes of the manga it takes material from? I started the first chapter (then read other priority stuff in the meantime wsiting), but wanna pick it up again and at least read through to where the anime season ends.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Gundam ZZ 7
Well that was marginally less awful. At least the Core Fighter is back and we might actually be leaving for space...soonish.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished Beastars. Wow that was good.

Sadly I don't know what to watch, I have some Re:Zero episodes I would see but I would prefer wait until saturday.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Watching Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair and I am impressed:

America, New York, year 1839. A ball party is taking place in a villa with members of the aristocracy and the elite present. A black kid, servant for all the jobs in the elite school the mc studies, is wearing a costume and is dancing with the daughter of the host of the party!

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Asteroid In Love Episode 11:

No sure if they are going to go for a anime original ending since otherwise the outcome here is not much in doubt as the manga is ongoing.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bofuri ep 8 gif request:

Maple, covered in wool, bouncing up and down excitedly as Syrup fires hyper beam.

thanks in advance

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Bofuri ep 8 gif request:

Maple, covered in wool, bouncing up and down excitedly as Syrup fires hyper beam.

thanks in advance
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to Demon School! Season 1 End
Fun show. All the musical numbers crack me up.

Shocking cliffhanger. Can't wait for S2!

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Marathoned Toradora yesterday and I fucking loved it. Easily one of my favorite romance series.

Will check out ID this weekend

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Haikyuu!! S4 11

Now that was an excellent episode! Holy smokes my brain had to reboot when I realized how rarely do I see an underhand serve in this show.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Richard 11

That was quite touching. I don't know if this stuff will make for a satisfactory ending specially after how beautiful Ep 10 was. I look forward to the last episode.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Smile Down the Runway 2, 3
That amateur journalist have a full on moment about Chiyuki was unintentionally hilarious. Loved the tension in these 2 eps. Big improvement over episode 1.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Been slowly going through everything Bones has made. On Kurau Phantom Memory at the moment, an early original. Pretty good - weird the director has only ever helmed a couple series despite being in the industry forever (this, Alien 9, Scorching Ping Pong Girls, Code;Breaker and some show I've never heard of... FMA: Brotherhood).

I miss the style of early 2000s OPs:

EDIT: Actually, he seems to have a Netflix show airing later this year. 3DCG but still looks pretty nice:

Toshihiro Kawamoto designs (Cowboy Bebop, etc) and Kevin Penkin music.

Last edited:

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018

I wonder whether it will look better than the current season.

Probably not.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
MHA 86
Concert sequence was good. Same with the Eri scenes.

As for the comparison between Deku and Gentle...I always thought the comparison between the two was weak at best. The grounds that argument stand on are flimsy and barely justify the arc as a whole outside of there being a threat to the school festival.
Kind of reminds of Somali.
This was exactly my thought, but with robots instead of mythological beasts.

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record 12

Mostly a bunch of exposition that we already know, but at least it's pretty exposition. Was nice to see how Yachiyo, Mifuyu, and Momoko reacted to all of it. Not well, but that's to be expected. Kind of sad to see those three + Tsuruno drift apart, though at least they remained on good terms aside from Mifuyu. Kind of funny that a small event like Tsuruno's restaurant having a lot of customers is basically what led to all of this, and Tsuruno didn't even know. Well that and whatever Touka did. Presumably a lesser version of Madoka, wishing that the witchification process not happen. Or something along those lines. Meanwhile Kaede is already with the Wings apparently. Guess next episode will also be backstory heavy.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Plunderer episode 11

So the evil hands don't come to drag people to an unknown fate, they randomly molest girls.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
MHA S4E22(??)
Concert was nice. Rest in peace to the last time Jiro is ever featured. I liked the police bits with Gentler and La Brava.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ID: Invaded 5-10

Should be able to wrap this up later tonight but this show's fantastic. The flashback stuff in 10 messed me up and then they went all Inception at the end, I love it.

The Challenger fight was very well done fight. Just...brutal.

Edit: ID: Invaded 11-12

Oh there's one more episode.

I adore this show for playing up the John Walker reveal only to have it be completely overshadowed by everything surrounding Fukuda. They did a great job setting up all of these mysteries and paying them off. Can't wait for the finale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.