• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THEY ADDED JOJO OP'S BACK TO SPOTIFY AND EVEN HAVE THE OST'S FOR EACH PART NOW

LETS GO!

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Almost done with the first season of Oregairu, pretty good so far. It's a bit dated, but the cast is great and the show has a way of telling a lot without dialogue or exposition.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Eizouken 12

I liked the lesson about trying to deal with last minute issues....but I think the short didn't quite land completely with me. The middle part is not very clear at explaining the parallel events for both civilizations, without the context the show has given it me it would have been very confusing. But still liked the episode as a whole.

Excellent show easily my AOTS. Unless ID Invaded pulls an incredible ending. We will see how it looks for AOTY it will easily make top 5.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Oregairu 11

CqFQlX1.png

:whew:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Symphogear 1

Finally started this after putting it off for far too long. Well, I can certainly say it's not slow. Wouldn't say this intro was amazing, but there's so much going on, a lot of it interesting, that I'd probably be into it even if I didn't hear it got really good in later seasons. Aoi Yuuki + Nana Mizuki is one heck of a team.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
My GF and I have been watching That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime and while there are things I could complain about (like all the obligatory fanservice) my biggest gripe is the pacing. It didn't bother me at first but around ep 13 it became apparent they were rushing through the material and skipping over finer details. At one point, both my GF and I said to each other, "Did we miss an episode?" We're up to ep 19 and my god the pacing has been insane since the Orc Lord arc. There's too many fucking characters and not enough breathing room to flesh out anybody, not mention there's characters from the first opening that have yet to appear on top of everyone in the second opening. @_@ The show is pretty much pure plot and action past the first couple of arcs. That said I'm enjoying my time with the series, minus the usual grips I have with modern anime.

There's aspects to the series and premise that I like, so I'm curious about checking out the original light novel and manga adaptation to see if they have the same problems.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My GF and I have been watching That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime and while there are things I could complain about (like all the obligatory fanservice) my biggest gripe is the pacing. It didn't bother me at first but around ep 13 it became apparent they were rushing through the material and skipping over finer details. At one point, both my GF and I said to each other, "Did we miss an episode?" We're up to ep 19 and my god the pacing has been insane since the Orc Lord arc. There's too many fucking characters and not enough breathing room to flesh out anybody, not mention there's characters from the first opening that have yet to appear on top of everyone in the second opening. @_@ The show is pretty much pure plot and action past the first couple of arcs. That said I'm enjoying my time with the series, minus the usual grips I have with modern anime.

There's aspects to the series and premise that I like, so I'm curious about checking out the original light novel and manga adaptation to see if they have the same problems.

They will go through some things with Season 2 because lots of skipped stuff is important for future arcs.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh.

Plastic Memories 1

Plastic Memories 2-12

Plastic Memories 13

Show was very enjoyable. The characters were good and grew throughout. Seeing Isla's total 180 in personality was great to watch. Tsukasa is one hell of a dude for being able to hold strong as long as he did. I saw some complaints online when I looked up discussions, about how he was too quiet and boring. Personally I thought it was nice to see a protagonist who handled everything the way he did for once. It was different! Bottle it up, and hold strong, until the very end. :( I also really enjoyed Michiru and Kazuki's stories and how they also grew alongside the two mains. Another shoutout goes to the animation, some moments in this show were done VERY well, and the face animations at the end were brutal and fantastic.

Once again I am broken by the end of a show. It was made very clear from episode 1 how this is gonna go, and yet, I am dead the next day.

First Your Lie in April years ago. Then Clannad and White Album 2 a few months ago. Now this. Why do I keep doing this to myself.

Last edited:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
id:invaded is total pulp, but my god, getting sucked into its worlds is such a blast. can't remember the last time I watched anything as page-turning as this. just getting into the inception arc now and will probably be finished with the whole thing tomorrow

has ei aoki done anything else this crazy? I've heard middling things about re:creators, and although I'll probably do fate/zero eventually, I'm pretty ambivalent about that whole franchise

Last edited:

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should watch Clannad and also the ef series then.
Dunno what ef is but I'm down. I watched Clannad and White Album 2 a few months ago and was a shell of my former self.
You should also watch Bokurano.
Will also add this to the list. This quarantine sucks and I hope everyone comes out ok, but I'll definitely be able to get some binges in working from home.

On another topic, are we discussing what shows we're excited for with Spring? Actually going through MAL I've discovered A LOT I'm interested in.

Kaguya S2, Oregairu S3, SAO Alicization Part 4, Fruits Basket S2, Tower of God, BNA, Next Life as a Villainess, Sing Yesterday, Kakushigoto, Appare-Ranman, Fugou Keiji, Listeners, Wave Listen to Me, Diary of our Days at the Breakwater all interest me in some way. Having done radio for a few eyars, Wave Listen to Me might be most hyped even though I love the sequels we're getting. Add me continuing to watch Ahiru no Sora as well.

Also, is Haikyuu getting a 2nd cour?

Last edited:

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Isekai Quartet S2E11

This scene just had me in stitches, this series is just absurd in the funnest possible way
qyxJYYD.png

Also Yunyun just doing the play by herself lmao

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ef: A Tale of Memories and ef: A Tale of Melodies. Don't remember anything about them, but I gave them both a 9 so I guess I can reinforce the recommendation lol
LOL gotta love when that happens, I've got the first part down on MAL. Once I can knock out the other stuff I'm watching right now, I'll give it a shot.
You wanna get real good and broken. Watch A Silent Voice.
Been there, fantastic movie. I could do a rewatch soon since its been a while and I think I saw it on Netflix... In the same movie vein, I'd recommend I Want to Eat Your Pancreas. Knew what was coming from the beginning but a great story.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 1-6

Pretty good so far, even if it is really just another high school drama. It's at least one that doesn't rely on typical otaku bullcrap.

Anyway, I was thinking of actually switching to the manga after finishing it since the art looks good and I'm not totally sold on the CG, but after investigating I actually see that the season of the anime that just went up on Netflix is actually ahead of the official English release of the manga. I did hear the anime leaves out a lot of details though so maybe it'd be better to start over.

Still, has something like that ever happened before -- where the anime dub actually pulls ahead of the official English manga? Properties where the manga didn't come out in English at all until way later don't count. I'm talking about properties where the manga debuted in English around the same time as or before the anime.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 Final

AOTS and probably AOTY.

Much improved over S2. While S2 had really fun and epic team moments, the characters really grew up during this season. Not to mention, the production values were astounding. The show looked and sounded gorgeous every episode without fail and it continued to do an excellent job of tying the themes of individual poems to the characters and their development.

The voice acting was always great but they out did themselves these past few episodes.

God, its gonna be an excruciating wait for S4 but I sure hope it comes sooner than later.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn was that taichi practicing with suo? Plz come back taichi

And you're so dumb chihaya.... I need more. Great season. Hopefully we don't have to wait 4 years for another

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 24 END
I was honestly at the point of tears a lot of times during this episode. I finally realise that Chihaya is my favourite character. She's oblivious on relationships but so focused on karuta that when her perspective changes sometimes it breaks my heart to see. When she said "I'm the rock" I almost burst into tears. This is the second time this season Chihaya has destroyed me with a revelation. When she gets it, she gets it.

And it's poetic (lol) that Arata would be the person to bring both his friends back together the way they did for him so long ago. Sakurazawa makes a very welcome return here, as does Rion. The second-hand embarrassment from watching Arata's team fail at being a team was hard to watch. But I appreciated them making earnest efforts at the end.

God, I love this show. Please, please, please come back.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chiayafuru Season 3 Episode 24
Season 3 > 2 that was amazing. I miss it already :( Glad it got recommend on here

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Recently have been watching Tokyo Ghoul finally and just finished the second season. I see that the third season is based off a sequel manga series that apparently ended its run the same year. Did the TV show cover until the end or is there likely to be a fourth season at some point? Just kinda curious.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Chihaya S3 END

That was one of the most powerful episodes of Anime I have ever seen. It is peak Chihayafuru. The realization of Chihaya understanding all that Taichi must have held to all of those years while she didn't even give it a though was soul crushing, 75 episodes building up to that and it landed perfectly. The way the episode used teaching and learning as a part of growing was masterful, Chihaya putting effort to learn how to learn and teach, Arata learning how to be a role model and team player, The Karuta team rising to the occasion of this time of crisis. It is masterful direction and impecable writing that elevates this show and this easily top 3 episodes . Poetry in motion.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihaya S3 END

That was one of the most powerful episodes of Anime I have ever seen. It is peak Chihayafuru. The realization of Chihaya understanding all that Taichi must have held to all of those years while she didn't even give it a though was soul crushing, 75 episodes building up to that and it landed perfectly. The way the episode used teaching and learning as a part of growing was masterful, Chihaya putting effort to learn how to learn and teach, Arata learning how to be a role model and team player, The Karuta team rising to the occasion of this time of crisis. It is masterful direction and impecable writing that elevates this show and this easily top 3 episodes . Poetry in motion.

Wholeheartedly agree. I was so broken by Chihaya's realisation, Arata reaching out to his two best friends and the team stepping up and taking over for both Chihaya and Taichi. Masterclass all round.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to Ballroom 6-11

This show is really bingable. The faces and designs in this show are hilarious.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 End
Disappointed that they would take something as significant as Chihaya leaving the club and put it off screen. Didn't really work for me that we saw about 15 seconds of her trying to play again before she gave up (did like the scene with the teacher though!). Oh well. I wonder if there was more to the manga but they wanted to get to the endpoint of this episode and rushed it.

That said I really enjoyed the Arata portions of the episode. Went from not really caring for him at the start of the season to enjoying most of his scenes. Bring on S4 solely being focused on Arata and co lol.

Inokuma portions were probably the best of the season. Too bad the queen match was mostly Shinobu centric.

Overall, a step up over S2. However, my interest in the karuta itself is at an all time low. Hopefully that can be a little more engaging in the next go around. Having five simultaneous matches helped on that front with team matches. If/when S4 comes I hope there are way less internal monologues being spoken over a silhouette of the character. It started to distract/take me out of it haha.

Arata and Taichi's unwavering faith in each other is the best. Good final scene.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Pet 13 END

Edit: oh it was 12, phew I was about to blow a gasket.

ID: Invaded END

Poetic Justice. Liked that ending great show.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Ey, BNA! You actually did the thing where your female Beastmen characters actually look like the animal they're representing. You get a gold star and can sit next to Beastars.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 End
Disappointed that they would take something as significant as Chihaya leaving the club and put it off screen. Didn't really work for me that we saw about 15 seconds of her trying to play again before she gave up (did like the scene with the teacher though!). Oh well. I wonder if there was more to the manga but they wanted to get to the endpoint of this episode and rushed it.

That said I really enjoyed the Arata portions of the episode. Went from not really caring for him at the start of the season to enjoying most of his scenes. Bring on S4 solely being focused on Arata and co lol.

Inokuma portions were probably the best of the season. Too bad the queen match was mostly Shinobu centric.

Overall, a step up over S2. However, my interest in the karuta itself is at an all time low. Hopefully that can be a little more engaging in the next go around. Having five simultaneous matches helped on that front with team matches. If/when S4 comes I hope there are way less internal monologues being spoken over a silhouette of the character. It started to distract/take me out of it haha.

Arata and Taichi's unwavering faith in each other is the best. Good final scene.
Yeah, there was a bit more to her leaving the club in the manga. Looks like they rushed it to get to where they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.