• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Cells At Work episode 1-4

What the fuck is wrong with the person that these cells live in? Shit. Why the fuck aren't they dead? And why do the germs/bacteria/virus bleed when killed? Inosynophil(?) can't kill a simple germ, but kill the hell out of giant parasite no problem?

Also, I could watch a 52 episode series of the platelets doing random stuff.

For the most part a lot of this stuff could go unnoticed. But yes near of the show it gets ridiculous.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Richard End

"Good for you" Seigi. Richard telling Seigi he loves him was quite a sneaky way to send these two off. I liked the ending even if it was a little too rushed and played out.

Oct 25, 2017

What the fuck is wrong with the person that these cells live in? Shit. Why the fuck aren't they dead? And why do the germs/bacteria/virus bleed when killed? Inosynophil(?) can't kill a simple germ, but kill the hell out of giant parasite no problem?

If you read a Black version, it makes this anime looks like an easy-mode on Plague Inc.

Oct 25, 2017
Eosinophils have granules which contain different substances which may destroy the RNA of viruses, or destroy the membranes of parasites. As granules contain specific substances it shouldn't be surprising that an eosinophil wouldn't be able to target every germ. Other granule containing cells destroy other germs.

I dont necessarily like the word germ , too broad and nonspecific.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I just watched the series very recently myself, and I enjoyed it a lot. A lot of people say this kind of thing regarding Cells at Work!, but it doesn't seem that crazy to me.

Episode 1: Bacteria of all sorts enter ones body all the time and are dealt with via sneezes and such. The person didn't actually get pneumonia (I think?).
Episode 2: Scrapes are real common, of course.
Episode 3: The flu is pretty common, though I think they had Type B Influenza? Relatively serious, but not crazy.
Episode 4: Food poisoning. The type depicted here is apparently pretty common in Japan, where eating raw fish is ordinary.

I need to pick up Code Black; it's apparently neat too. I was surprised to find out that there's, like, 4 different manga spin-offs of Cells at Work.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Symphogear 2-7

I haven't seen many fast-paced action anime like this in awhile, so it's nice to get back in the groove of something crazy. Best part is definitely berserk Hibiki. Still not exceptional, but a good popcorn anime. Nice to see that someone (Chris) actually has a stronger motivation than anyone else so far.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregairu Rewatch: S1 Ep 9, 10

I'm really starting to realize how manipulative Haruno is this time around. She plays the chairwoman girl like a damn fiddle, right into her palms. This time around I'm realizing the tension in this show really starts to dig in now and never goes away. Starting with Hachiman quickly blowing off Yui's attempt at a confession, and starting to cut off Yukino because of the car, all because he built up a false ideal of her. I'm looking forward to seeing him go off the deep end again with certain situations.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Haven't really watched much anime in the last few years - I think the most recent series I saw start-to-finish was Devilman Crybaby - so with quarantine I decided to be bold and get a Crunchyroll sub trial. What am I gonna watch? What's gonna happen? Nobody knows!

Well actually, I wanted to watch Kyousougiga, so... I guess I'm watching that.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really watched much anime in the last few years - I think the most recent series I saw start-to-finish was Devilman Crybaby - so with quarantine I decided to be bold and get a Crunchyroll sub trial. What am I gonna watch? What's gonna happen? Nobody knows!

not a bad start!

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Konosuba Legend of Crimson:
Sexual assault/rape jokes: the movie. Just lettin' y'all know.
Still would love to see a third season though. This is one of my favorite comedy series usually.

Oct 30, 2017

Is Fire Force on there? If so, watch that.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
The Konosuba movie really suffered from not having the usual fairly even distribution of petty small-minded shittiness the series usually does. The MC being the only significant arsehole is just like regular anime and takes away from what makes Konosuba more unqiue in its genre.

Oct 31, 2017
Finished Darwin's Game. Honestly it's not great, but it was a major guilty pleasure for me. I'll be there for S2 if it ever happens.
I've just gone through this in the last two days. Have to say I've honestly, genuinely enjoyed every minute of it and I don't feel a single bit guilty about it.

Yeah, it's not the most sophisticated or original premise, but the pace is excellent, the situations a lot of fun to watch evolve and these characters are genuinely great and have superb chemistry with each other.

I also loved how the main character isn't either a goddamn edgelord or the super-naive type with a messiah complex, but a down-to-earth type of guy with some hidden talent and a refreshing "cool under pressure" attitude, who's been forced in a shitty situation and tries to get the most out of it.

Is it as creative and original as Dorohedoro? Nah.
But I didn't regret spending my time with it.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Beastars personally has been one of the best shows I've seen in almost ten years. Even my wife is hooked

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Most trigger shows start well tho, it is the ending that goes badly. Let's see how this one goes
I think how it's being paced is far better than most of their other projects, even ones that started strong. But yes, we'll see how things land by the end. It just feels like a much tighter production overall with little of the fluff or nonsense that's hurt some of their previous works.

Oct 25, 2017
So, I watched Kengan Asura last night and I dropped so hard after 2 episodes because I can't keep up with those atrocious animated anymore.

I was fine with Beastars but not this one and I don't even know why...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.funimation.com

Kaguya-sama Season 2 to Stream Exclusively on Funimation

Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 is coming exclusively to Funimation, so make sure you're all caught up before the show returns in April.
KAGUYA CONFIRMED FOR A DUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTH SEASONS!!!!!!!
FUNIMATION!!!!!!!

the wait for the dub is going to take a while though as they are likely going to end up 4-6 months behind due to the virus

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
www.funimation.com

Kaguya-sama Season 2 to Stream Exclusively on Funimation

Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 is coming exclusively to Funimation, so make sure you're all caught up before the show returns in April.
KAGUYA CONFIRMED FOR A DUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTH SEASONS!!!!!!!
FUNIMATION!!!!!!!

the wait for the dub is going to take a while though as they are likely going to end up 4-6 months behind due to the virus
5542.jpg

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe with the dub more people will see that Kaguya>>Hayasaka>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fujiwara

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
god damn, my yearly Crunchyroll sub cries. been using funimation more and more since getting it two years ago.

just wish their website/app's werent so terrible.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I've just gone through this in the last two days. Have to say I've honestly, genuinely enjoyed every minute of it and I don't feel a single bit guilty about it.

Yeah, it's not the most sophisticated or original premise, but the pace is excellent, the situations a lot of fun to watch evolve and these characters are genuinely great and have superb chemistry with each other.

I also loved how the main character isn't either a goddamn edgelord or the super-naive type with a messiah complex, but a down-to-earth type of guy with some hidden talent and a refreshing "cool under pressure" attitude, who's been forced in a shitty situation and tries to get the most out of it.

Is it as creative and original as Dorohedoro? Nah.
But I didn't regret spending my time with it.

I like to think of Darwin's Game as "imagine if Mirai Nikki actually had a competent MC." lol

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anything better than spending the weeks of lockdown watching Kill Me Baby.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
God Dammit I'm gonna have to get a Funimation sub aren't I :/

Crunchyroll just doesn't have the same value it used to.
while funimation says exclusively we will see in a month after it airs.
It's an aniplex show which for the last few seasons start off as timed exclusives on Funimation, and then gets on other stuff.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
A Destructive God Sits Next to Me 10-11

Koyuki saved from being an incel. It's funny how he's the actual idiot in the group and the dorks around him are all way smarter. I thought they were going to go serious for a sec when they were on roof but Hanadori worrying how stupid Koyuki is was hilarious and I should have expected less lol. The interview portion was a bit real though with Hanadori's wants to experience, be a bit weird and don't let society crush your dreams.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Beastars 6

Well this episode left me disturbed, hungry, and in awe at the absolute unit that Panda is. Excellent episode , while I don't think I needed the doc to outline the problem Legoshi is going to face I enjoyed the show fleshing out the world.

Beastars 7

Holy shit that skit with the Hen was absolutely hilarious. This tragedy train keeps on rolling. I guess this is a little predictable but alas so well directed I can't complain.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow smile down the runway was so good, from beginning to end. I want more! The hidden gem of the season. Must watch

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Squid Girl S1+2+OVAs

Pretty fun show, although watching it dubbed it was little weird seeing most of the cast change from the first to second season. Fucking love Christine Cabanos as Squid Girl though so I'm glad she was able to reprise her role throughout.

Chihayafuru S1 1-9

And this. This is the good shit. Already have the BD for season 2 so I'm glad I like it so much since both seasons were impulse buys lol.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Smile Down the Runway 4
I have no idea what they're talking about but the clothes are pretty. Well, that apron wasn't. That was horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.