• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Just announced at the Tokyo Tekken Masters Top 8

Dk7_CSIUcAAF7AM.jpg:large

- You can now see your progress to your next rank

Dk7_fRrUYAEsXm6.jpg:large

- Wall bounds for every character.

Dk77jRcU8AAVQO3.jpg

- Season Pass is 2800 yen, roughly $25

Video of new Lei and Anna footage, thanks Dreamboum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=j-PLCL1XlNA

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Woooooow did not expect them to come so soon. That's awesome.

Auto combos in Tekken might be weird tho

Edit: BUFF KAZUYA

Give me Jun

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

New trailer for Lei and Anna taken from the stream

They also had footage of the balance patch but not live on youtube yet

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely did not expect this so soon.

Rest of the World Tour will be crazy.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
How is the online now? How fast is the matchmaking and the connection?
Eventually consider a buy if those aspects are good..

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh damn, that's actually pretty soon.

Still a bit miffed that they went back on their "classic Tekken characters will be free" thing, but the characters are shaping up to be looking good.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of adding auto combos for casual players in a 3d fighter is so weird as due to the nature of 3d fighters having big character movesets, simply pressing buttons and alternating between your attacks will always get you different strings anyway

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not down with what they did to Lei's face. Moves are looking good though.
Is it just me or is Anna's face really robotic when she talks compared to T6 and TTT2? Not much expression being shown.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah im confused at how that could work in a game like Tekken. Unless they're just gonna be like the 10 hits or something.

If it's like free electrics I'm gonna be upset

Surely not. That would be incredibly silly.

I'm curious to see how it works too. Tekken is a strange one because there are so many different ways you can launch someone and combos usually require adjustment on the fly depending on wall angle and distance. It's not like in DBZ where you can just mash out an auto-combo because they come off a jab, in Tekken, launch punishable moves are relatively rare and launchers themselves are usually at least -12 on block.

In terms of the balance changes, this looks like the biggest shake-up Tekken has had in years. It seems like they've mainly tried to add utility to moves which generally see very little use in regular play. Just watching the footage, it seems like King's SS2 now launches and Steve's (previously useless) rage drive is now a proper launcher and/or combo extender. Wall bounds could be potentially game breaking for some characters with powerful wall vortexes.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I'm ready to hop back in. Had the game, but haven't played much. Love to watch it, though. I have no intent to play the game at a high level, so I'm curious about the auto combos.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
Lei player since Tekken 3 (aka the good old days when Lei was top tier), excited to finally see him again. FIVE rage drives woo!!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Still no team battle mode, instead focus on competitive stuff again, urgh.

How hard can it be to add such a mode? It's not even real new content, it's just changing a few things.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Was worried this would be $35. Kind of shocked it is launching so soon too, figured it would come out sometime next year to space it far away from Soul Calibur VI.

I like the sound of the new combo mode. I mostly just play with friends that do not really have any interest in learning the game much beyond super basic stuff so that right there is enough to get me to come back to the game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I find it ridiculous that Eliza isn't part of either Season Pass @o@
Will get the SP once it's up on Humble.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't know where people get "legacy characters will be free" from. I see it mentioned every now and then but I never actually have seen a quote that actually says exactly that. Only that legacy characters were currently not being sold as DLC.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
$25? Weren't legacy characters supposed to be free?
Harada can say whatever he wants ,but at the end of the day it is up to Namco. We wouldn't be getting these characters otherwise if it wasn't paid.

Also I don't find Auto combos to ever be useful but if it might have the chance of bringing more people in to learn the game I have no issue with it. Hopefully it isn't broken. I assume it will be lowered damage, and only certain moves will have auto combos. TBH still sucks they have refused to add a tutorial to the game but I guess we will get in the next game as it is time consuming to add a tutorial to a game in the first place.

Otherwise, I am quite excited for this patch and Season 2. Can't wait to get back in.

Which could be interpreted in a myriad of ways considering season 1 didn't have legacy characters, but only guest characters and that Harada's english is spotty.

TBH after reading that quote I take back what I said. It definitely seems to be a misinterpretation from fans. He is definitely talking in regards to the first season pass and year of support. (As we got Noctis and Geese, brand new characters no classic characters were sold) and not talking about Season 2, which is entirely separate from that quote. Because his english is spotty I guess people took that as him saying, including myself, "We will never sell classic characters" which obviously is not true.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know where people get "legacy characters will be free" from. I see it mentioned every now and then but I never actually have seen a quote that actually says exactly that. Only that legacy characters were currently not being sold as DLC.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spif4h

The tweet says that

In the past, we had to stop all updates and support within 2months after launch(Because no development Budget).
With Season Pass, we can guarantee one year of Additional Development Cost and development Team (Retention of development team structure) from our Company/Publisher.
Also, we do not sell classic Tekken characters, Paid DLC will be special content. With this system, we can do free updates and support for a long time.
This is what I've been saying in an interview article (I have talked about it in several interviews before, so please read it).

Which could be interpreted in a myriad of ways considering season 1 didn't have legacy characters, but only guest characters and that Harada's english is spotty.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's people misinterpreting a quote from Harada.

Claww

Nov 7, 2017
I really want new stages. A wedding ceremony for the Nina/Anna plot would have been cool. Maybe a street stage for Lei.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Auto combos is probably an auto juggle, you press something easy after the launcher and get a short non optimal juggle.