• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
GettyImages-1168598067-1.jpg

HBO's upcoming adaptation of the popular video-game series "The Last of Us" has added Anna Torv in the key role of Tess.

Tess, who was an important supporting player in the first game, is described as "a smuggler and hardened survivor in a post-pandemic world." Torv's role will be that of a recurring guest star.

Torv is part of a cast that includes Gabriel Luna, Pedro Pascal, Bella Ramsey and Nico Parker.

www.thewrap.com

'The Last of Us': Anna Torv of 'Fringe' Joins HBO Series Adaptation as Tess - TheWrap

The character was a key player in the first game

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing all these actors being cast is getting me really excited for this show. I think it's in stellar hands.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
HBO couldn't have made a better casting choice. I hope she'll have a lot of screen time, she deserves it.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love casting news where the name is someone I've never considered, but immediately when reading it I'm like "Ok, yeah, that makes sense"

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that she's listed as a reoccurring when Tess dies pretty early in TLOU1. Might point to story changes, or perhaps flashbacks or something?

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome. I would have been fine with Annie Wersching too; she's an actress I know from 24 as well as OG tess.

Anna Torv is amazing. I still need to binge fringe, but loved her work in Heavenly Sword.

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Fringe was such a gem. It even holds up today. And she and Noble were the absolute best part of that show.

JoelShmoe

Jun 12, 2020
We'll have Sam and his brother in the show, so I'm not concerned about minorities playing an important role.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Nice I love Anna Torv. In a platonic, I am a nobody in Scotland and she is an Australian actor, way. Fringe and Mindhunter - top-tier tv. Hope this adaptation is good. Hard to fathom it being awful but I just watched Gunpowder Milkshake or whatever it's called and that had a stacked cast too. This has better writers than that I suspect so looking forward to it.