• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
God damn, this looks right up my alley. Like a postmodern No More Heroes from Annapurna. I enjoyed Year Walk, too, so that doesn't hurt.

I might be alone, but this could be the most exciting game of the night for me.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
When the trailer started I actually thought it was one of the minigames from No More Heroes.
Looks great

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what this is, but I want it!

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
This looks great. It's strange how I knew Annapurna for movies and now I actually keep an eye on them as game publishers.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a rhythm action game to me, just a very visual one. I don't really see how it could be anything else?

/edit: maybe the rhythm part is wrong, but it looks like a collection of on-rails action games, probably steeped in music.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i can't say how happy i am about this news. i've been following simogo and their games ever since their very first game, kosmo spin, on ios. they were my absolute favorite mobile developer, made super fun, super polished and super charming games that were just the kinda games i wanted on mobile but weren't that easy to find. over the years i've loved every single game they've put out, and it was so great to see their first console game on the big stage of game awards. i'm so happy for them and will get sayonara day one.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
they're publishing some amazing games for sure, a great match for simogo
In this day and age it's so refreshing to have a publisher focus on funding high quality, creative and risky games, instead of, you know, derivative and safe stuff designed to shake money out of as many users as possible. I hope it works out for them.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
here's how simogo descirbes their game, lol
Sayonara Wild Hearts is a soup made of pop-culture. It's OutRun, the teddygirls sub-culture, Carly Rae Jepsen, Rez, cafe racers, WarioWare, BlĂĽmchen, the 1950s, modern dance, Akira, F-zero, Space Harrier, Sia, Gradius, the 1980s, Charli XCX, Sailor Moon, Ouendan, Tron, Rhythm Tengoku, Punch Out and a good portion of ourselves, strangeness and mysticism stuffed into a blender.

the game has been in development for four years. also it's coming to other platforms as well. maybe later?

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I had to google those band names to see if they were real or made specifically for the game, and I still don't know for sure. Love the concept.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
here's the info from the mini-site. everything sounds AMAZING.

A POP ALBUM VIDEO GAME
Sayonara Wild Hearts is a euphoric music video dream about being awesome, riding motorcycles, skateboarding, dance battling, shooting lasers, wielding swords, and breaking hearts at 200 mph.

As the heart of a young woman breaks, the balance of the universe is disturbed. A diamond butterfly appears in her dreams and leads her through a highway in the sky, where she finds her other self: the masked biker called The Fool.

Travelling through futuristic cities, dark forests, and electric deserts, The Fool sets out to find the harmony of the universe, hidden away in the hearts of Little Death and her star crossed allies; Dancing Devils, Howling Moons, Stereo Lovers and Hermit 64.

Play the music in a game where every stage is set to a song of a custom-written pop album, when Sayonara Wild Hearts releases on Nintendo Switch and other platforms in 2019.

We're making Sayonara Wild Hearts with support from
Annapurna Interactive.

FEATURES
• Custom-written vocal pop soundtrack
• A pop culture mash of electric pop, dance, fashion, anime, arcade games and subcultures
• An inclusive cast of stylish characters based on tarot cards
• Sensory overloading arcade game action
• Constant surprise and delight as every stage introduces new elements
• Challenging and intense, yet pure and inviting gameplay
• Buttery smooth gameplay: 1080/60 fps docked, 720p/60fps handheld on Nintendo Switch
• Straight to the action: virtually no loading times

NATIVE RES 60 FPS baby!

I had to google those band names to see if they were real or made specifically for the game, and I still don't know for sure. Love the concept.
they're fictional, made up for the game

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
we wanted to make a video game that was unashamed of being a video game.

here are the official screenshots, the game looks so good
swh_011qebk.png

swh_02xidnn.png

swh_03dac2p.png

swh_044uei4.png

swh_05bbdqz.png

swh_06fddi1.png

swh_07kjeok.png

swh_08cmidz.png

swh_09qqclj.png

it also should be noted that the game is made by a super tiny team. two main devs (the guys in the pic), two extra programmers, plus the composer and vocalist.

sayonarasimogo60ezn.png