• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome trailer, the music sounds good!
Fingers crossed for a not shallow gameplay.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I dont really understand what this game is about, but I LOVE Simogo games!

Count me in!

Sabrina Rei

Oct 30, 2017
A girl becomes a biker called "the fool"? Characters based on tarot cards? Can I head canon this into a Persona 5 side story starring Makoto? XD

oranecho

Oct 27, 2017
Love the style of this, and the soundtrack.

Also, Stereo Lovers seem very Tegan and Sara-esque, both in look and sound. Wonder if they were an inspiration...

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at last night's announcement trailers, this was my favorite one.

No idea what to expect gameplay-wise from this Pop-Persona motorbike game, but that trailer convinced me to be there day 1!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is actually my favorite announcement as well. Year Walk is a supremely underrated gem, secretly one of the most influential horror games of the past few years.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I get it now: it's a pop music dreamscape runner/racer with tarot card elements.
Why didn't you say so in the first place?
Hopefully the genre isn't overcrowded by the time this releases.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
This spelling of sayĹŤnara/sayounara irks me >_> respect the elongated vowels.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This was insane, love that they started the show with this. If the MC and the rivals are based off of the Major Arcana, I really hope this means we will see a surprisingly deep game. 21 different stages is pretty hard to imagine considering the context of the game, but man imagine.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Device 6 and Year Walk are two of my favorite iOS games, on any platform really. They dropped mobile because the economy didn't fit their style of games (ie no F2P shenanigans) . Hopefully Switch (and other platforms) will.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Stylistically it looks like Persona 5 meets the Wicked + the Divine. And Simogo is awsome. I'll keep my eyes on this.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the genre isn't overcrowded by the time this releases.
lol

Unrelated but when the hell did Annapurna become a publisher? I thought they were a movie production house
they've been publishing a lot of great "artsy" indie games. the biggest ones i guess would be gorogoa, florence and donut county. they also licensed the sony game "flower" and published it on ios.

Device 6 and Year Walk are two of my favorite iOS games, on any platform really. They dropped mobile because the economy didn't fit their style of games (ie no F2P shenanigans) . Hopefully Switch (and other platforms) will.
yeah, the mobile market was no longer a fit for their premium games, and they REALLY didn't like monetizing their games with mtx bullshit. moving to consoles was a great choice.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
we wanted to make a video game that was unashamed of being a video game.

here are the official screenshots, the game looks so good

it also should be noted that the game is made by a super tiny team. two main devs (the guys in the pic), two extra programmers, plus the composer and vocalist.

sayonarasimogo60ezn.png

I did not expect this game to be made by Caucasians

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Some PAX East footage, the game looks sick. Now that I know what moment to moment gameplay looks like, the reveal trailer has me hyped all over again.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The motorcycle parts give me heavy 3D Sonic vibes.
Yeah, it actually reminds me of those step-dodge sections of Sonic Unleased. Though some of the other footage in general is giving me Sonic special stages half-pipe levels in general. It's not a bad thing, but something I've noticed. The music and art style is great and I'd be down with a score attack game like this.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Game looks fantastic and fun, will buy it on Switch!

Should thread's title be updated with also Apple Arcade?

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about that footage. I hope it's not overly simple. In a way, it's very similar to Bayonetta's "gimmick" levels.
The game is coming to Apple Arcade so it probably is mechanically simple. At the same time I don't see that as a bad thing. That footage shows the main character flying in the air, dodging obstacles in a high speed motorcycle and having a timing based dance battle using simple inputs. As long as every level is as varied and creative like that I think it will be perfectly fine. My only worry at this point is length.