• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
annewithaneagknh.jpg

Premiere Date: July 6th, Netflix
Sept. 23rd, CBC
Episode count: 10

Synopsis:
A plucky orphan whose passions run deep finds an unlikely home with a spinster and her soft-spoken bachelor brother. Based on "Anne of Green Gables."

Starring:

Amybeth McNulty
6NSS.gif

Geraldine James
tumblr_ordz6nbUxD1s5mtueo4_500.gif

R H Thomson
tumblr_oqhww23jFK1w9cr3bo2_400.gif

Also Starring:
Dalila Bela & Lucas J Zumann
Dalila-Bela-as-Diana-Barry-and-Lucas-Jade-Zumann-as-Gilbert-Blythe-in-ANNE.jpg

Reviews:
Will update when they drop

Indiewire
Despite the periods of melancholy and turmoil, this season feels more energetic and subsequently lighter because of the faster pace. It also is more comfortable in its skin and handles humor in its everyday situations deftly while also poking fun at itself.

anne3os35.jpg

Trailer:

A great piece on the extraordinary credits sequence:
Art of the Title

Showrunner/Head Writer: Moira Walley-Beckett

Based on the books by: Lucy Maud Montgomery

Official Site

Filmed in Canada

anne_textless_007.jpg

Available in 4K (Ultra HD)​

Last edited:
OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yep. Great show. Not a lot folks watch it, unfortunately. This thread probably won't break 2 pages. lul

Still wanted to make this OT, though.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I liked it, but I've accurately seen it described as "PTSD Anne", compared to previous adaptations.

Wow, CBC's waiting till September to air it?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Two episodes in and it's alright so far. Not a fan of the plot with the Cuthbert's boarders but whatevs.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy this show has an OT. I just love it, and unfortunately, yeah, not a lot of people watch it :(

I really wish this isn't canceled. Does anybody know how good it's the audience for this?

I've seen a lot of old fans of Anne of Green Gables, both books and 80's series really disliked this version. Before the Netflix show I had no idea this existed and fell in love with it (didn't read or watched the old show yet). It's modern, realistic but it also has a sweet, heartwarming side.

I'm not Canadian/American (where I suppose this old content about Anne were more successful) and I think this remake is a great way of introducing this classic to the younger generations with a 21st-century spin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm so happy this show has an OT. I just love it, and unfortunately, yeah, not a lot of people watch it :(

I really wish this wasn't canceled. Does anybody know how good it's the audience for this?

I've seen a lot of old fans of Anne of Green Gables, both books and 80's series really disliked this version. Before the Netflix show I had no idea this existed and fell in love with it (didn't read or watched the old show yet). It's modern, realistic but it also has a sweet, heartwarming side.

I'm not Canadian/American (where I suppose this old content about Anne were more successful) and I think this remake is a great way of introducing this classic to the younger generations with a 21st-century spin.
yeah this is my first time experiencing Anne of Green Gables. I haven't read the books or anything. I really like this version, even if it's the only version I've seen. The style kinda reminds me of Joe Wright's Pride & Prejudice, which coincidentally, was my first foray into that story. The lighting and the naturalist filming style of it is very cozy.

Finished the 7th episode
Diana is a homophobe! :O I understand this is back in the day but damn, got took off guard with that. Lol

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I read the books ages ago and saw the 80s series in school and LOVED them back then.
Even though this series strays a lot and adds many new plots I still enjoy it SO much cause it's more Anne.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So I finally finished the season. I thought overall it was better than the first. I appreciate the expanded scope, touching on characters from the first season that didn't even have a speaking role and filling everyone out. The town had plenty of characters and all of em feel realized and 3 dimensional. I also like the new characters that were added. And yeah, Anne is great.

I also love how this show is shot. Seems like most of the show is filmed outside and they do a great job with lighting.

A couple of stray observations which I'll put I spoiler mode just in case folks haven't seen all the episodes:
-it's interesting that we don't hear about the dude that took all the money when that arc concluded in the third episode. I guess he's living high on the hog somewhere.
-Bash getting married at the end was very touching. I guess they're gonna be living with Gilbert on the ranch?
-really like Cole. I kinda liked him for a potential suitor for Anne until he revealed that he's like aunt Josephine, which makes sense. Oh, and when he told Anne that, her response was perfect "thank you for telling me" or something around those lines. Truly ahead by a century.
-I guess we won't be seeing mustache teacher jerk anymore. Thank god the bride took off when she did. They both would've been miserable.
-What is Murella's ailment exactly? Migraine headaches or something more severe?
-I wonder how ruby is gonna take it when she finds out that Gilbert fancies Anne instead of her. "Ah to be young and to feel love's keen sting"

Anyway, hope we get a season 3. Good stuff.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I worry about a potential Season 3 cause it means the more tragic stuff from the book will likely be in it.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
pardon the bump but there's been some info for season 3

some quotes

What to expect from season 3 of Anne with an E

The series will also introduce its first "Indigenous storyline" and characters (as we'll come onto in a bit) with the town of Green Gables interacting with a camp of the Mi'kmaq nation.

In the original announcement of the third season, it was said that "Season three of the series will introduce characters and stories that will tackle issues including identity, feminism, bullying and gender parity. "

The major casting announcements so far have been Kiawenti:io Tarbell joining the cast and also Brandon Oakes has also been confirmed to join this season too.

new-casting-announcements-anne-with-an-e-season-3.jpg

Where is Anne with an E season 3 in production?

Principal photography which refers to the bulk of the shooting of the show began back in March 2019.

The most recent update came in the middle of May 2019 when Moria shared that it's good to be back filming after a couple of weeks break sharing a picture on the set of the new season.

anne-with-an-e-set-picture-netflix.jpg

When will season 3 of Anne with an E be on Netflix?
Although there's been nothing official, it is expected that season 3 will be releasing in 2019. Given the production, we don't think it'll be on Netflix as soon as June like it did in 2018. Instead, we're currently envisioning season 3 of Anne with an E to be on Netflix in either late summer 2019 or early fall 2019.

H Y P E

hope they get it out on netflix by the end of the year. I'll keep an eye out and make the OT for season 3 as well. <3