• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
I may be completely blind, I just don't see it? I have checked games like AC Black Flags and the older Anno games and I just don't see playtime there. I can't find the playtime in Origin either.

It's possible that older games didn't have the feature?

JRSrmHc.png

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Yeah, as far as I can tell, Uplay didn't start reporting playtime until For Honor (i.e. early 2017). It seems to pull the data from Ubi Club as opposed to it being client-level info a la Steam.

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering how Uplay pulled time because my copy of Far Cry 5 (which i bought on steam) shows only half my actual play time on uplay.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well I played the demo until it cuts you off and now I have to buy the game. I was gonna wait for a sale before I tried it.

Damn this game seems well made.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
So what do you guys think of the performance? Im running at 1440p, mostly max settings with shadows high on gtx 1080, i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz and 16gb ram 1and it seems to perform way worse than I expected.

In the "big city" the framerate can dip all the way to 40 fps. This might scare me away from the for now..

Edit. Looking around the framerate can actually dip like all the way to 30 fps.

Yeah I've gotten drops below 60fps frequently even very early on with my i9-9900k 2080 and neither CPU nor GPU are being taxed at all. Seems like a quirky engine with some innate performance issues.

Probably will be enough to make me wait for a deep discount...

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Com_Raven btw not that clever to send out the boxed version via UPS when the delivery address is a packstation :D A friend of mine has this problem now lol.

Oh and why postpone the delivery via UPS when the game cannot be played until April 16th anyway?

Sorry to hear that, but that is not something that we in the dev side have any impact or even visibility into.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I was wondering how Uplay pulled time because my copy of Far Cry 5 (which i bought on steam) shows only half my actual play time on uplay.

If Uplay is in Offline Mode or otherwise experiencing connectivity issues, then it won't report anything to the Ubi Club servers and your playtime won't update. I've actually used this to my advantage to sync my Steam and Uplay/Ubi Club playtimes when I'm nearing the end of a game, haha.

moyad0

Apr 1, 2019
I am enjoying the beta. The game is really good and the graphics are amazing.

I was annoyed by the camera control but now I realized I can change the key mapping.
Now I can control the camera using WASD and the game is even better for me.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Yeah I've gotten drops below 60fps frequently even very early on with my i9-9900k 2080 and neither CPU nor GPU are being taxed at all. Seems like a quirky engine with some innate performance issues.

Probably will be enough to make me wait for a deep discount...
It seems to work better on DX12 btw. Cant tell what the fps is since fraps doesnt work, but it is clearly higher.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Interesting, would be maybe the first game to really leverage DX12, but that might make sense with the numerous discrete objects / geometry...
I think Anno 1800 and ROTTR are the only games that I have played which give me more frames with DX12. Would be cool of there was an in-game benchmark or fps info.

But yeah, the game seems to be running way better on DX12. Check it out yourself.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
That demo got me to preorder. Had a great time playing the campaign. Really want to continue

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is it me or are the loading times really that insane? What an awful first impression.
The game loaded really slowly when it was on my 4TB WD Blue, which isn't the fastest mechanical drive out there but I don't think I've ever had a game load this slowly on that drive. I had to move the game to my Samsung 500GB SSD and it's fine now.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
As I am new to anno and really enjoyed the beta how likely am I to be burnt buying day 1? Will there be a load of expansions and dlc? If so I may just wait for a sale, if not I may get it now.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks promising so far but it's still out in the open how it handles the big problem of most building games: the endgame or more the lack thereof.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
As I am new to anno and really enjoyed the beta how likely am I to be burnt buying day 1? Will there be a load of expansions and dlc? If so I may just wait for a sale, if not I may get it now.

We do have plans for additional content in the future (both paid and free), but I don't think you will feel swamped by it.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Great beta. Love the pace of Anno games. The UI could be better, it took me a lil bit to realize I could make some buildings because they were hidden in a tab I didn't notice. The in game music is almost a straight rip from Banished, which is one of my favorites. Not sure if I'm willing to spend $60 on it, though.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
How's your performance? Can't reach 60fps with a GTX 1070 (and i5 4690k) and some lowered settings at 3440x1440. My graphics cards is giving everything, 100%, but it runs mostly around 45. At first I thought my CPU is bottlenecking, but the fact that lowering GPU graphics settings like resolution and AA helps and my GPU, not CPU, is at 100%, tells me it is not my CPU that's the problem.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Managing to always have enough of each worker class is not really fun. But at least i got the game running smoothly on my maxed out 2017 4K iMac. Doesn't look significantly better than Anno 1404 but that's my hardware.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
This series is one I constantly feel like I should love, but I've tried a few and bounced off pretty quickly previously. Is there a secret to enjoying them? Like... I similarly bounced off of crusader kings series a few times but then talking with some folks I figured out how to configure the UI with autopausing and play at higher speed with that and turn it fun and got obsessed.

My thinking is this series and settlers I have been playing wrong somehow and that's why I haven't enjoyed them

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20% Uplay Discount Code (europe only). If somebody wants to buy the game

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Dropped this in the beta thread but wanted to say again. My first experience with Anno (I've been meaning to try it for so long...) and I loved this open beta. Game is fantastic and totally my jam.

Gonna be looking to pick up the full game soon.

BMofB

Oct 27, 2017
So sorry to see that Phenom II support has been dropped in the open beta; closed beta was running absolutely fine with my 10y old rig. So unless it's patched in (as was with closed beta) I'll be skipping this one.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I spotted this *just* in time to download it and then.... not be able to play the game because the beta end timer is UTC or something instead of my local time. Thanks, guys.

Doing this on the same weekend as For Honor's XP fest also strikes me as a bit unfortunate. I was a liiiittle too distracted to notice this. Bit of a shame, I think.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Liked the beta but I don't think I could drop $60 on it atm. I do like the setting alot though.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I thought you couldn't use the uPlay points codes on preorders?

Speaking of, if I do need to wait, are the pre-order bonuses just skins?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Well, ended up hitting the buy button in the end. It seems like a very good game, although I do hope the performance and constant pop-up gets ironed out at some point.

Any thoughts on getting rid of the land combat? You guys gonna miss it? After checking a couple of videos it looked a bit like a drag in the older games tbh.

Stagen

Mar 19, 2019
Denmark
I've never been a huge fan of games like Anno, but 2205 is really fun and immersive and apparently it's the worst rated Anno game so far. I'm very much into futurism and space, but with all the talk about 1800 I'm more and more hyped about it. I think I need to see people play it a bit before I decide to get it too.