• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
CDkeys.com is selling the game for 49.49€, while it "only" costs 47.99€ on Uplay with the points discount.
CDkeys being the more expansive option is a bit unusual.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I've never played an Anno title before and I absolutely loved the beta this weekend. Will buy it next month. It's pretty much everything I was hoping it would be. Seems like the kind of game I could end up playing for hundreds of hours. Once I switched to Direct 12 the game looked incredible. The details and animations are so well done. Every new building was exciting to see and zoom in on. I'm looking forward to how mid-game diplomacy and trade work. Could be an instant classic. Be proud Blue Byte Mainz!

I did have a lot of trouble with a quest 2-3 hours in where it wanted me to located a cousin leading a mob in the developed city, near a giant exhibition hall. I never found him. Anyone else have trouble with this?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Game looks wonderful, too bad it runs really bad on my potato PC. Too bad to buy it... Playing the first one back in the day was fantastic, many memories...

Did they ever mention a console port? They could even use the mouse and keyboard support of xbox/ps4... I can't find anything about that, so probably not.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just bought a PC yesterday because I stumbled upon a stream of the beta on saturday.
Yeah, you read that right. Also, I never played an Anno game in my life.

Robspassion

Jan 10, 2019
I did have a lot of trouble with a quest 2-3 hours in where it wanted me to located a cousin leading a mob in the developed city, near a giant exhibition hall. I never found him. Anyone else have trouble with this?
You need to zoom in and observe the mentioned place in the town of your nasty uncle. He´s probably not super close to the exhibition hall but definitely roaming the streets. Just look for a guy leading a protest.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
When the reviews dropping for this game? It feels like it will be a high scoring one this time.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played the beta for two hours yesterday and now i can't stop thinking about this game. First game in many years that brought back that old Caesar 3-feeling.

Jun 3, 2018
London
When the reviews dropping for this game? It feels like it will be a high scoring one this time.

At the risk of not being super helpful: I assume it'll be at some point today. The only hard evidence I have, though, is that a German games podcast (www.gamespodcast.de) will release their initial impressions at midnight German time (which is when they usually release their podcasts).

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Did they ever mention a console port? They could even use the mouse and keyboard support of xbox/ps4... I can't find anything about that, so probably not.
There was actually one for Wii but it really wasn't the same game and used the pointer control.

Your potato PC can probably run 1404, it's on GOG if you never played it and it's still fun today.

Robspassion

Jan 10, 2019
If you are able to understand German these benchmarks here might be quite interesting :).

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-04/anno-1800-benchmark-test/

The conclusion is that the game looks absolutely gorgeous. DX12 isn´t helping AMD cards at the moment. NV cards benefit slighty. The game is a beast on the CPU but still playable with 30-40 fps. They are using their own save game with a town that has 10.000 inhabitants for the benchmarks.

Jun 1, 2018
If you are able to understand German these benchmarks here might be quite interesting :).

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-04/anno-1800-benchmark-test/

The conclusion is that the game looks absolutely gorgeous. DX12 isn´t helping AMD cards at the moment. NV cards benefit slighty. The game is a beast on the CPU but still playable with 30-40 fps. They are using their own save game with a town that has 10.000 inhabitants for the benchmarks.
worth noting that AMD didnt release drivers for the game yet.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just received my Pioneers Edition, it's gorgeous, the art-book is big!
Can't wait to play more tonight once it unlocks.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought a PC yesterday because I stumbled upon a stream of the beta on saturday.
Yeah, you read that right. Also, I never played an Anno game in my life.
That's some dedication. You are in for a treat. Anno is fantastic and this seems like the best Anno yet. If you like it, also check out Anno 1404.

Man that 20% deal for 100 Ubicoins really makes me thinking ...

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's some dedication. You are in for a treat. Anno is fantastic and this seems like the best Anno yet. If you like it, also check out Anno 1404.

Man that 20% deal for 100 Ubicoins really makes me thinking ...
I was thinking about buying a new laptop in the next year or so, but those Anno vids made me do it way quicker than I thought!

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what, it unlocks today!? For everyone?
I'm in France, it unlocks at midnight, I'll play a bit before goind to bed.

From reddit :

4zoit3mj08s21.png

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game can already be played via VPN on Uplay.
Try something on Asia, I am currently on a japan vpn and it works (so far)

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I guess everyone is snapping up the game now before it goes away from 3rd party sellers and Steam? Top Seller on Steam and now green man gaming is sold out of uplay keys? I was just about to buy it from green man gaming too, feels bad man. Can't remember the last time keys were sold out before release for pre sale of a game.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
So the ubisoft store is down of course. is there any reason to not get this on steam? will it be available at midnight?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I guess everyone is snapping up the game now before it goes away from 3rd party selles and Steam? Top Seller on Steam and now green man gaming is sold out of uplay keys? I was just about to buy it from green man gaming too, feels bad man. Can't remember the last time keys were sold out before release for pre sale of a game.
Yep, I was contemplating picking up the game, but going to hold off for a deep Uplay sale now since GMG sold out earlier today. It's annoying that the 20% off Uplay coupon only works in Europe for new releases.