• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Happy Monday. And what a great Monday it is! Not only did we just reveal our plans for Season 2 of Anno 1800 (which begins in just two weeks with our next DLC, Seat of Power!), but we also want to share and celebrate a special milestone with all of you.

2019 was an incredible year for the Anno 1800 team. From seeing our game becoming a hit on Twitch during the Closed Beta in January and the game's launch in April, to three DLCs and lots of improvements throughout the following months, it was quite the adventure. We even won a lot of awards (and were nominated for even more)! The last highlight of the year came in December, when – thanks to all of you! – Anno 1800 reached the milestone of more than 1 million players after less than nine months on the market, confirming its status as the fastest-selling game in our beloved 21-year-old series!

1 million is obviously a huge number, but how does that translate into the world of Anno's gameplay? To give you a better idea of all the shared achievements of the Anno community, we have put together this handy infographic, showing some of the mind-boggling numbers that can be reached when over 1 million Annoholics get down to business.

Anno1800_March2020_Infographic_EN-768x3754.jpg

So, if you have to yet take the plunge into the industrial revolution, you can test Anno 1800 for free from March 12-15. The Anno 1800 Free Weekend will give you access to the first three tiers of Sandbox Mode, as well as multiplayer and co-op mode. The pre-load is now available via Epic Games Store and on Uplay, and you can see the exact times of the Free Weekend on Uplay below.
2020.03_AN1800-FW_1920x1080_Schedule_updated.jpg

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Wish I had a PC that was capable of running this. Still no word on the possibility of a console release?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Thanks for sharing the news OP, we are super happy with how successful the game has been <3

Wish I had a PC that was capable of running this. Still no word on the possibility of a console release?

There are unfortunately no plans. Anno has a ton of calculations going on under the hood with regards to citizen needs, demands, production etc, which would be extremely challenging with regards to current gen consoles :(

Oct 28, 2019
Very nice, missed the previous free weekend so very keen to try this out. Shame it will never appear on Steam but alas. Hoping this will scratch that I just want to lay back and build a city itch I currently have.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Thanks for sharing the news OP, we are super happy with how successful the game has been <3

There are unfortunately no plans. Anno has a ton of calculations going on under the hood with regards to citizen needs, demands, production etc, which would be extremely challenging with regards to current gen consoles :(
You know, there are some new consoles coming towards the end of 2020 that might solve that problem 👀

I have never played Anno due to not having a rig to run it by glad you guys have found success! Will definitely buy when I own something that can run it :)

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
This is a brilliant game that you can either play as a relaxing city builder or a cut throat economic warfare game. Either way it's fantastic and if you enjoy that type of game at all you should definitely try it out.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the answer. I thought so that it's too demanding on the CPU side. Look forward to playing this when I get a faster PC eventually.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game. Definitely try it out during the free weekend!

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
have they said that? or just been quiet?

edit I can't find anything and they're still updating and putting up all the dlc for steam owners it would be absurd if they didn't put it back up in a month or whenever the dumb exclusivity runs out

It would be pretty silly, but I did find this from a month ago on Reddit:
Com_Raven Anno Brand Manager
3 points · 1 month ago
We haven't announced any plans for Anno 1800 to be available on Steam again.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
It would be pretty silly, but I did find this from a month ago on Reddit:

Let me first of all say that this Brand Manager dude seems extremely reli- and likeable ;) And indeed, Ubisoft currently has no plans to make Anno 1800 available on Steam again. However, it was very important to the Anno team that all players of the game get access to all content at the same time, so we will of course continue to make all DLC available to our Steam players.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a year since I played it at launch.
So I jumped on the getting the first season pass and spinning up a new game.

There's a lot of new content with a place where you get a giant island and also setting up camp in the arctic area.
It feels quite different with just the old and new worlds as there's so much more to balance.

I pretty much sat down and played for 5 hours last night, it's just super relaxing.

I'm all about building cosy and nice islands.
So I made a game with one CPU player (the anarchist) and got rid of the pirates.

My only worries are the CPU trying to buy out my islands and also Rum and Fur Coat shortages plunging my income down.

The soundtrack is wonderful and it's available on Spotify:
open.spotify.com

Anno 1800 (Original Game Soundtrack)

Dynamedion · Album · 2019 · 64 songs.

Everyone needs to play this game, it's great.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Let me first of all say that this Brand Manager dude seems extremely reli- and likeable ;) And indeed, Ubisoft currently has no plans to make Anno 1800 available on Steam again. However, it was very important to the Anno team that all players of the game get access to all content at the same time, so we will of course continue to make all DLC available to our Steam players.

Now this is a man you can trust... Not like that other dude. :p

Yeah, totally appreciate that all the DLC is available for the Steam version. I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up befoer it got removed, but 50% off on uPlay is swaying me. :D