• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I guess Season 4 was officially announced today.
Season4_announcement_header.jpg

• Season 4 will once again consist of three new DLCs, which will arrive throughout 2022
  • Following Season 3's focus on further fleshing out the Old World, we will now turn our eyes to the New World
  • As such, we won't be adding an all-new session to the game
  • We are, however, aware of the building space issues in the New World and have kept that in mind for our plans for Season 4
  • Following today's announcement of scenarios making their return to Anno 1800, we plan to ship at least one new scenario with each Season 4 DLC
  • As always, each DLC will be accompanied by a free Game Update that will improve the game for all our players

For the full details on Season 4, you will have to be a bit more patient, as we plan to unveil them in March 2022.
anno-union.com

Season 4 is coming in 2022

We have some first news for Season 4 to share

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fucks sake I was holding off on my big play through until the December patch because I thought that would be everything!

I am glad they are looking at the new world though, building space really is unfun there.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Oh for fucks sake I was holding off on my big play through until the December patch because I thought that would be everything!

I am glad they are looking at the new world though, building space really is unfun there.
You'll have to do a complete S3 run this Holliday and a complete S4 run next December. That's what I'm doing. 😂

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the solution to the lack of space in the New World will be... terraforming to make your islands bigger?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so, I bounced off this a little while after release; if I wanted to get back into it now, what's the must-buy essentials released for it since then?

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Okay, so, I bounced off this a little while after release; if I wanted to get back into it now, what's the must-buy essentials released for it since then?
You have so far 3 Seasons with 3 pieces of DLC each.

1. Season 1
    1. Sunken Treasures - Lets you go on dibing expeditions for a lot of stuff
    2. The Passage - Story Driven DLC that lets you explore the arctic
    3. Botanica - Lets you go on safari expeditions to collect animals for your zoos and plants for your botanical gardens
  2. Season 2
    1. Land of Lions - Story Driven DLC that lets you go to Africa and set up shop there; Also gives you access to a research institute, with which you can research (get) any item in game, so if you need a specific animal for the zoo or specific person for the harbour etc.
    2. Seat of Power - Introduces the Palace that can significantly buff your city and enable you to expand
    3. Bright Harvest - Introduces mechanized farming that greatly improve yields and efficiency of your croplands
  3. Season 3
    1. The High Life - You can now build high rises increasing density of your city [I haven't played this yet]
    2. Docklands - Gives you the ability to build out your docks and trade with greater efficiency
    3. Tourist Season - More options to play with tourists, e.g. have restaurants that use all your exotic stuffs [I haven't played this yet]

I would say the story DLCs The Passage and Land of Lions are a must, not least for the new academic class of people and the research institute!
Sunken Treasures gives you Cape Trelawney and is also a must to have a big island to build a capital on.
Seat of Power and Bright Harvest I would put in the must have category
Docklands is ok, can be hugely benefitial to get rid of your overproduction for things you actually need.
High Life and Tourist Season, dunno yet.

I will start a grand local coop game with all DLC next weekend with a friend who hasn't played Anno before.

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I've asked this before, but do people play with opponents on or not? I go back and forth whether it adds to the game. The balance of defensive guns versus ships means that its practically impossible to conquer some islands which can make for a really unfun experience if an AI decides to go to war with you constantly...

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm sure I've asked this before, but do people play with opponents on or not? I go back and forth whether it adds to the game. The balance of defensive guns versus ships means that its practically impossible to conquer some islands which can make for a really unfun experience if an AI decides to go to war with you constantly...
I will usually play with the easiest and non aggressive AI. I don't play Anno to duke it out with some warmonger...
I will also zerg rush and conquer as many islands as possible as quickly as possible in order to avoid having to deal with the AI owning islands I might have wanted... :p

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
For anyone still watching the OT.
Time for us all to double dip.
www.resetera.com

Anno 1800 coming to PS5/Xbox Series X/S - Tech Test in November

Ubisoft will run a first tech test in November for the console version of Anno 1800. More details will be revealed in early 2023, game will release for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Technical Test – A new way to play Anno 1800We also have something completely different, however, and something we're...

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The PC version has gotten a massive update with a bunch of key game-play enhancements, such as a stamping tool and a dedicated beautification builder mode.
Also they surprised the community by including an official mod-loader.

The team clearly want's to go out on a bang.

anno-union.com

Anno 1800 (PC): Game Update 17 - Anno Union

Adds Creative Mode and Stamp Feature, as well as several bug fixes and balancing changes