• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got the physical version. Now downloading the game. Can't wait for easter weekend to play 12 hours straight.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Alright, thanks!
Is there something in the game that explains what has an influence on the mood of the citizens? I searched and didn't find anything.

as far as I remember, the mood doesn't matter, you can upgrade houses if the basic needs are satisfied and when houses are full. The happiness just helps for money (I think), which is related to more products like a alcohol and also stuff like a fire close the building, heavy industry, the newspaper, etc.

You can upgrade buildings if you just fulfill the basic needs though, people can still be unhappy then ;) It's useful in the beginning for a 2nd/3rd island that's just for production for example, but better place some police in case they get to unhappy about their living/working conditions then ;)

Inkwitty

Mar 24, 2019
Will be interesting to see if future updates and/or driver updates will improve the performance of the game. I'll wait a bit before I make the jump.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's up with the game speed settings? Doesn't seem to make any kind of difference regardless of the setting.

Edit: i just noticed a little difference but even very fast in snail speed compared to past Annos.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, thanks!
Is there something in the game that explains what has an influence on the mood of the citizens? I searched and didn't find anything.

Just click on the house and there you can change between the two tabs showing your their necessities and what they need for happiness. It's all connected to your ressources and specific buildings they want in their vicinity.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Game is good fun. My people are throwing me a parade.

8700K/RTX 2080 and performance is not too bad, but not stellar either. I'm loving the management systems so far but haven't figured out how to know if my land is fertile enough yet. Would like a bit more info at a glance as to which properties are not having their needs met.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
A tip for people like me who expanded too fast and went nearly bankrupt of my first run: focus on getting your population high and making a profit before moving on. There aren't many goals with time limits, so just take it slow and steady and make your town work well before scaling up.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man I started this at midnight and played until about 2:30 last night. Getting through work has been tough today but just 2 hours left and I can dive back in.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So this game is cool but it seems like the final version runs much worse than the beta? My game performance seems to be worse than the open beta.

Also, builder games, please stop setting the camera movement to the arrow keys. I literally don't understand why some of these keys are default keys but at least you can change them.

I moved camera movement to WASD, Rotation to QE, build road to R, toggle demoliation to F, Rotate bulding to Z and C, and a couple other tweaks to make keys more reachable for keyboard and mouse usage.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
A tip for people like me who expanded too fast and went nearly bankrupt of my first run: focus on getting your population high and making a profit before moving on. There aren't many goals with time limits, so just take it slow and steady and make your town work well before scaling up.
And a possible tip for more experienced players is that the new "fire risk increasing due to building proximity" feature may make "max efficiency layouts" not as efficient as they used to be in other games. The exact impact on this is still being discussed on other forums, but reports of placing multiple of certain buildings in close proximity have numerous explosions over a an hour or two. May want to watch out for this....unless you like your distilleries exploding for kicks!

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
So my campaign game seems to have completely broke: for some reason, all of the NPC/AI Character notifications that usually appear on the top right of the screen stopped showing up. This means that I'm, for example, unable to sell any of my ships. But more importantly, it means none of the quests can be accepted or progressed any-more.

Which basically means my entire campaign progress is basically broken, since none of the story quests can be progressed.

In interest of trying to debug this, I've tried loading some of my earlier saves. For some reason, all of the saves before reaching the new world still work, but any saves after this are broken.

Looking at the Ubisoft tech support forums, it seems I'm not the only one with this problem (well, there's exactly one other person also reporting this). Super disappointed with this, since it makes the game basically unplayable. I could switch over to sandbox, but there's no guarantee the same issue wouldn't pop up there too.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god I'm basically bankrupt already. What's the best way to get steady income?
Also I was told in the game that I can sell the stuff I'm producing, how do I do so? In my main building I set the amount of stuff I could sell, but I don't see it being acutally sold. I'm sitting on 75/75 lumber, thread and wool for example, and I don't get how it's supposed to being sold.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god I'm basically bankrupt already. What's the best way to get steady income?
Also I was told in the game that I can sell the stuff I'm producing, how do I do so? In my main building I set the amount of stuff I could sell, but I don't see it being acutally sold. I'm sitting on 75/75 lumber, thread and wool for example, and I don't get how it's supposed to being sold.
Someone posted that selling ships to NPC makes mad money (like 10K for a gunboat). Others said trade certain items like cannons to certain NPCs. You may need to deliver them to the NPC versus them coming to your harbor though to make large amounts of money.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone posted that selling ships to NPC makes mad money (like 10K for a gunboat). Others said trade certain items like cannons to certain NPCs. You may need to deliver them to the NPC versus them coming to your harbor though to make large amounts of money.
Alright so basically I have to mostly sell stuff proactively rather than waiting for it to happen ?

sora2k7

Oct 28, 2017
So my campaign game seems to have completely broke: for some reason, all of the NPC/AI Character notifications that usually appear on the top right of the screen stopped showing up. This means that I'm, for example, unable to sell any of my ships. But more importantly, it means none of the quests can be accepted or progressed any-more.

Which basically means my entire campaign progress is basically broken, since none of the story quests can be progressed.

In interest of trying to debug this, I've tried loading some of my earlier saves. For some reason, all of the saves before reaching the new world still work, but any saves after this are broken.

Looking at the Ubisoft tech support forums, it seems I'm not the only one with this problem (well, there's exactly one other person also reporting this). Super disappointed with this, since it makes the game basically unplayable. I could switch over to sandbox, but there's no guarantee the same issue wouldn't pop up there too.

Got the same problem in a multiplayer game after my friend crashed just after I got to the new world I went to the main menu to load the game and after that I was unable to start any quest

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Damn there are so many systems in this game. Where and how do I do this ?
I think you need an agreement first (could be wrong...), but some of the more lucrative ones I believe are static (like the ambassador) that you can set up a route in the trade route screen of the ship you select. Just need to set that up appropriately. I haven't gotten into the normal game yet but that is how it worked in the open beta.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, fun game so far, but it crashed for me and now it doesn't start any new quests. So I guess it is broken. :/

Not gonna touch this for now.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, only 75 replies and already a decent amount of pretty game breaking bugs reported. I'm really excited for this, but I'm gonna give it a month or two.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Did not really encounter any real bugs so far, it only crashed once in DX 12 mode, never in DX 11 mode. Can't talk about MP though, that one really had a lot of issues during Closed Beta at least, no idea about the released build or Open Beta.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I caved and picked this up as well. Missed out on the GMG sale since I was like "nah, I've got so much else to play", but all day I've been thinking about it and just pulled the trigger. Got to say that the Closed and Open Beta were huge in getting me on board with this. I'd never played an Anno title before, and city builders are so full of their own quirks that it's hard to give a new one a shot - but Anno 1800 just thoroughly scratched that itch.

Last edited:

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Selling frigates makes so much money. Over 20k each.

Seems like I'm having trouble keeping up with the needs of my growing town. I'm always having small shortages of one thing or another. Mainly seems to be schnapps and clothes, but everything has dropped once or twice.

"What, they are out of sausage at the market today and the new clothes won't come in for another week? THAT'S IT, time to move to another island!

I build new supply source but then I'm having to build more houses to staff them which makes me need more of something else haha.

Maybe now that I'm selling ships I should think about supplementing my locally produced supplies with imports just so I won't face shortages.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Potential crashes with Dx 12 are a known issue we are working on. If you are having unusually low performance on Steam, I'd for now suggest trying to see if it is better while being in offline mode while we work on a fix for the issue.

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
I just spent my first 2 hours with this game. I have no idea what is going on.

Also i would say oddly, this game is pushing my 1080Ti harder than just about anything else at 1440p!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
How's the onboarding in this game? If I have rather limited experience with the genre, is there decent tutorializing, and ramping me up as a new player?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just spent my first 2 hours with this game. I have no idea what is going on.

Also i would say oddly, this game is pushing my 1080Ti harder than just about anything else at 1440p!
Anti-Aliasing in Anno can be heavy, it uses MSAA which is quite rare nowadays, it was a 8x by default here, drop it down to 4x or even 2x to see if it changes.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
How's the onboarding in this game? If I have rather limited experience with the genre, is there decent tutorializing, and ramping me up as a new player?
It's not great tbh. There's a whole bunch of things I feel like the game doesn't really teach you. Unless they've pushed it far into the campaign, it doesn't cover claiming new islands or any of the trade mechanics.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's not great tbh. There's a whole bunch of things I feel like the game doesn't really teach you. Unless they've pushed it far into the campaign, it doesn't cover claiming new islands or any of the trade mechanics.
Hmm, that's actually a pretty big deal to me. This looks super interesting at a glance, but I'm admittedly pretty green in the genre. I don't really want to have to do a bunch of proactive work to get up to speed.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
You get an option at the start of the campaign to either play as a beginner with tutorials or without. It seems fairly comprehensive if you chose tutorials.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really liking the campaign too much, 3 hours in. I'll probably just start an endless mode playthrough next time

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So UBI basically made searching for any Anno 1800 DLC impossible on Steam if you own the game on Steam. The DLC is available but you literally have to do a google search to find the Steam page. So to make it easier (I don't know if you want to update the OP with these links) here the links to the deluxe edition upgrade (if you own the regular edition) and also the season pass. You have to buy these on Steam if you own the Steam version.

Deluxe Edition upgrade:

Anno 1800 Season Pass:

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What's the market need exactly?

I've got some houses that won't fill up because the market need isn't at 100% but they are in range of 2 marketplaces.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So I had the ubi store running on my PC. I was looking at the Anno 1800 page, and a pop up came off the top of the screen above the game page saying "spend 100 ubi points for 20% off!"

I clicked on it, spent the points and... I can't use it on Anno 1800. Why in the fuck did they pop that up over the store page for Anno 1800 if I can't use it on the game?

Absolute bullshit.

I was seriously about to buy the game at full price as well, but after they pulled that shit I shut down the app.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So I had the ubi store running on my PC. I was looking at the Anno 1800 page, and a pop up came off the top of the screen above the game page saying "spend 100 ubi points for 20% off!"

I clicked on it, spent the points and... I can't use it on Anno 1800. Why in the fuck did they pop that up over the store page for Anno 1800 if I can't use it on the game?

Absolute bullshit.

I was seriously about to buy the game at full price as well, but after they pulled that shit I shut down the app.

UBI cut off the ability to use the 20% off coupon for the North America. It only works after the game is out for 90 days.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
UBI cut off the ability to use the 20% off coupon for the North America. It only works after the game is out for 90 days.

Well they should really not have a dialog pop up over the game page that tells you that you can save 20% when you actually can't save 20%.

It's not like I found a coupon somewhere and tried to apply it. It wasn't a banner ad above the game for some generic promotion. The client had the offer pop up up over this specific game and say I could save 20%.

Why would they even do that? What kind of reaction are they expecting to this kind of behavior?

"Oh, you got me Ubi! You made me think I could save 20% on the game I was looking at, but I actually can't! Ho ho ho, good one! Well I might as well use this coupon you tricked me into spending 100 points on to purchase some old game on your site and not the one I was looking at!"

Last edited:

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Well they should really not have a dialog pop up over the game page that tells you that you can save 20% when you actually can't save 20%.

It's not like I found a coupon somewhere and tried to apply it. It wasn't a banner ad above the game for some generic promotion. The client had the offer pop up up over this specific game and say I could save 20%.

Why would they even do that? What kind of reaction are they expecting to this kind of behavior?

"Oh, you got me Ubi! You made me think I could save 20% on the game I was looking at, but I actually can't! Ho ho ho, good one! Well I might as well use this coupon you tricked me with to purchase some old game on your site and not the one I was looking at!"
It's false advertising and probably illegal.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Got a chance to spend a few hours with the campaign this evening and really enjoying it. It's a gorgeous looking game, and now that I've had a few 'starts' under my belt between the Closed and Open Betas, I feel like the early game is going super smooth.

Performance was a bit... blah? Worse than I recall from the betas. Did the usual - update drivers, dial back some features, knock down some resolution, and it still was performing sub-optimal. I did some digging online, and someone recommended turning off AA entirely, which I thought was odd but gave it a shot and it got me a rock solid 60fps. Game still looks good too!

Not sure if there is an issue with the AA or what, but it's weird that even set to 2x AA causes the performance to be really wobbly where having it off entirely it plays like I'd think it should given my setup. Again weird - but I've got it sorted now and the game still looks good. Not like a city builder needs crazy high FPS, but the hiccups and unevenness of the performance before was detracting from the game. As as it's mostly stable I'm happy!

With that all out of the way, I'm really looking forward to digging into it more and getting into the stuff that wasn't in the betas. Had to force myself to stop playing tonight as I've got a big work thing bright and early tomorrow, but I can already tell this is going to eat HOURS of of my life. Happily so!

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hmm, that's actually a pretty big deal to me. This looks super interesting at a glance, but I'm admittedly pretty green in the genre. I don't really want to have to do a bunch of proactive work to get up to speed.

You can maybe get the Anno 1404 (or Dawn of Discovery, the other name) first, it's the older best Anno game, to get used to this genre. It's pretty cheap nowadays.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally new to the genre and while I had to ask some stuff in here because some systems are really obscure, I'm having a blast! Also I guess there should be some beginner guides on youtube already :)