• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
W2kMNJW.jpg

Welcome to the resetera Anno 1800 OT
rD0NYIS.png

Developer: Blue Byte
Publisher: Ubisoft
Platforms: PC
Genre: RTS City Builder
Release date: April 16th, 2019
Price: 59,99$, 59.99€

Vz4FTu3.png
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/anno-1800/home
https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?dwva...=pcdl&pid=5b647010ef3aa548048c5958&lang=en_US (Get -20% by redeeming 100 Ubi coins!)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/916440/Anno_1800/ (Not longer active, only for people who have pre-ordered.

PqVnsyT.png
6WfunWL.jpg

https://www.anno-union.com/en/a-glimpse-of-the-future/

e0ly3XE.png
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anno-1800-review-thread.111603/
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/anno-1800

148px-Discord.svg.png

Please send me a PM for an invite to the EraAnno Discord Channel!

HUGE Thanks to SuikerBrood , fantomena and lordkosc for doing basically all the work for the OT!

Last edited:

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
performance is so bad on my i7 8700k and vega 64. it drops below 30fps wtf
Yeah I saw on the community forum on steam that the release version runs really, really bad on some computers (where on the open beta it was fine). So there's probably gonna be a patch soon to fix that (I hope)

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
My first game when I will buy a new PC later this year.

German magazines really love it because of the endless mode and the complexity of the gameplay. The campaign feels more like a tutorial.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
It's running ok for me with a 6700K and a GTX1080 at 3440x1440. It's hard to keep 60 fps, and the fact that you have to restart the game every time you make a graphics settings change, means it's really slow to find good settings. Other than that the game is great.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This game is SO GOOD Y'ALL.

Campaign is a nice primer for the main game, takes about 10 to 15 hours, depending on how you play it and it just turns into a normal Free Play after the story is finished. Gonna recommend everyone to start with that one if they didn't play too much Anno the last few years.

Also, be aware that the game doesn't tutorialize many of its mechanics, like the ability (and necessity) to claim a few different islands over the course of the game even in the Old World alone, because different islands have different fertility rates for different ressources. It's quite obvious for long-time Anno players, but can turn into a major headache for newcomers. You just have to load up a ship with a few Steal Beams, clay and wood, drive it over to the island you want to claim and get close to a coastline. You will see an outline for the first building you can build and with that, you own the island.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Again, if someone knows how to do some design for the OT, feel free! Took me about 30 minutes and some grey hair for the image in the OP.
Is there some free alternative to photoshop for stuff like this that isn't as stupid to use as GIMP?

Can't wait to finally dive into the game! Should be ready in about an hour :D

Shaldome

Oct 27, 2017
Aachen. Germany
Was totally outside my few, that it is coming out now. Got the invite to the open Beta last week that brought it back on my screen and liked what I saw during the beta.
Perfectly timed for the long Easter week end. Anno is one of the best Zen games as I call them, where you can play totlay relaxed watching you pops work, adjust a bit here, expand a bit there and somehow it is still oddly satisfying.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, if someone knows how to do some design for the OT, feel free! Took me about 30 minutes and some grey hair for the image in the OP.
Is there some free alternative to photoshop for stuff like this that isn't as stupid to use as GIMP?

You can put this?:

Price: 59,99$

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Haha, I tried working with GIMP a couple of weeks ago. I gave up.

MS Paint will forever be my friend, it seems.

lordkosc

Nov 10, 2017
PA
Season pass info here:

https://www.anno-union.com/en/a-glimpse-of-the-future/

DLC 1: Sunken Treasures

Expand your island with a new European session and large continental island, as you join an eccentric inventor and his diving bell on a treasure hunt.

DLC 2: Botanica

Grow your city's attractiveness to new heights with a modular Botanical Garden, allowing you to earn new items and rewards as you draw the tourist masses to your floral masterpiece. Alternatively, construct the new Musical Pavilion and enjoy beloved tracks from previous Anno games inside your city.

DLC 3: The Passage

The Passage will take you on a new adventure to the Arctic Circle as you explore the legendary Northwest Passage. To succeed in this merciless climate, you will need to construct an arctic outpost and master all-new production chains and goods.

SuikerBrood , game still shows available for pre-order on Steam thanks to Valve Time , when 1pm eastern hits it will probably disappear.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can put this?:

Price: 59,99$
Thanks, I'm actually supposed to work atm haha so this helps a lot!

EDIT: holy crap, did you do this yourself SuikerBrood ?

Calaius

Oct 29, 2017
Sad to read that performance didn't improve since the beta. Dropping below 30fps on an i7 9700K + RTX 2080 is not acceptable :/ and in 1440p not even 4k.

For those already playing, does the game need to be always online or can you play offline ?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to starting this. The performance issues are a bit concerning. A few people have mentioned starting Steam in Offline mode may be a fix.

This might indicate that the Steam version may not be ideal. Though, I'm assuming this is like any other Ubisoft game. I'm assuming once you tie it to your uPlay account you can just download and launch it through there if need be.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn GMG was out of stock on keys and I didn't realize the 20% off coupon from Ubisoft can't be used on a game that came out in the last 3 months. Guess when those 20% off codes expire? 3 months.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didnt play the beta, but I bought it after watching some videos on youtube. Yesterday I played through VPN and it's wonderful!

Oct 27, 2017
Huh? I used a 20% off code for this game a few hours ago. Worked fine.
I used a 20% code that I generated this morning!

Really? I tried applying it and nothing happened, looked at the FAQ and says this:

Cannot be applied to pre-orders/pre-purchases, in-game currency, newly released titles, or items under the clearance category.
  • A game is considered newly released for three months from the official launch date.
This code expires three months after the day you receive the code.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really? I tried applying it and nothing happened, looked at the FAQ and says this:

Cannot be applied to pre-orders/pre-purchases, in-game currency, newly released titles, or items under the clearance category.
  • A game is considered newly released for three months from the official launch date.
That's weird!
We're talking about the 20% coupon you get by redeeming 100 ubi coins, right?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Yeah I saw on the community forum on steam that the release version runs really, really bad on some computers (where on the open beta it was fine). So there's probably gonna be a patch soon to fix that (I hope)

we are currently investigating those reports. For now, could you try going offline in Steam and Uplay to see if that helps your FPS?

Argus

Oct 27, 2017

People have said that EU can use the 20% discount for new games, USA can not.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
we are currently investigating those reports. For now, could you try going offline in Steam and Uplay to see if that helps your FPS?
Oh I was talking about some others, personally, from the little I've played, it seems to run quite nicely, I play on high, and I have a vega64 and a i5 6600k if that's any help

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I played for a quick hour last night.

Yeah, only getting 40-50fps on my 1080 was huh... Surprising...

The other two config thing I've noticed:

1- The game needs a UI scale option... The UI is huuuuge when playing in 1440p right now!
2- I am not able to bind actions to my mouse side buttons? Like I'd want to get build road or demolish to those buttons!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can say this - the Anti-Aliasing setting on this game makes a massive performance difference for me.

I maxed out settings on my 2080ti + 9900k - with 8x AA, I get about 50-60 FPS average at 3440x1440, but with 4x AA it shoots up another 15-20 FPS. 4x AA looks very solid too, so I don't feel the drop much.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was finally able to play a bit :D
How do I build bridges? I have a quest to build a corporation, but I need bricks for this. The only source of argile for them is behind a river.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Felt like buying now because Steam version is going down today, but I'm gonna hold off because of the reported performance issues.

Probably will wait till they're fixed and price drop I suppose (maybe I'll collect enough ubi coins for that 20% off XD ), and just watch Keralis play through for now lol.

How's it running so far for people with Ryzen cpus?

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
yeah, 4x MSAA helps a lot with performance, I'm usually arounds 35-45 FPS now with my Xeon and 1070 in 1440p at least. Also try DX12, I played for around 4 hours before I had a crash, should also help with performance (CPU is most likely the limiting factor though).

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was finally able to play a bit :D
How do I build bridges? I have a quest to build a corporation, but I need bricks for this. The only source of argile for them is behind a river.
Just build a road, it will build a wooden bridge (I did not notice if it required bricks to build).

Also, if you're in the campaign, salvaging some debris will give bricks.

Jun 1, 2018
Should have quoted me i was the one with the bad performance and no it doesn't help on steam. Somebody said sth about deactivating something in the launch settings about full screen optimization or sth like that. Also why do we have to restart the game for graphical settings changes each time :(

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like buying now because Steam version is going down today, but I'm gonna hold off because of the reported performance issues.

Probably will wait till they're fixed and price drop I suppose (maybe I'll collect enough ubi coins for that 20% off XD ), and just watch Keralis play through for now lol.

Maybe just buy it and give yourself a buffer to refund it?

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I only played in DX12, has anyone tested in DX11? Arriving home I will try how it runs with 4x MSAA

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just build a road, it will build a wooden bridge (I did not notice if it required bricks to build).

Also, if you're in the campaign, salvaging some debris will give bricks.
Yeah I found out like a minute after posting this haha. Funny thing is, I actually tried that before already and it didn't work. Guess I didn't drag it enough.

Another question, what is the pre-requisite to being able to upgrade farmer houses to worker houses? I could upgrade some, but not all of them.
Also is there some interface where I can see what my city needs at the moment ? Like a big general overview like in Cities Skylines or Planet Coaster?

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017

Yup, same question as I have a ryzen CPU.