• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Has anyone else encountered a bug that doesnt let you load your save..? I had a hard crash and after booting the game jusrt doesnt let me click the save icon..

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
I did have to switch to steam offline mode and lower a few things, but I'm totally happy with the performance now.
4FAcNBc.png

6700k and 1070.

Loving the game so far.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone know how to use more than one ship item socket for an expedition?

I'm taking a ship of the line, which has 3 sockets, but when I use more than one item it puts the rest into cargo.

Garuda1One

Dec 11, 2017
i only play for like, 30 minutes, but houses are not automatically upgraded now ? do we need to click upgrade one by one ?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
i only play for like, 30 minutes, but houses are not automatically upgraded now ? do we need to click upgrade one by one ?

It takes resources plus it makes the residents a different class, so you wouldn't want it to happen automatically.

However you can click the upgrade button above the building menu and it shows you what houses are ready to upgrade and lets you do it with one click.

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Pioneers edition and my medal, it's such a beautiful CE and great value for the money too, especially with the 20% discount. Now all I need is a free weekend to play.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I keep building farmers houses and upgrading them for Workers but I keep having a lack of workforce for both.

I was looking for that as well, it's manual only it seems. It prevents you from going broke on resources because those workers devour everything without you knowing. Instead you use the upgrade tool and drag an area if you want to upgrade more at once.

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys deal with trading? For example this happened to me: an AI settlement was asking for bread, the quantity was something like 40. At the same time, I needed hops for beer. So what I did was a simple trade route (load 20 bread, sell 20 bread, buy 30 oats, unload 30 oats.) Everything seemed fine and my ships were on their way. After a while, I saw that my trade route had a warning symbol on it. Inspecting it further revealed that a) the first island didnt need bread anymore b) the second island didnt sell hops anymore.

So how do you guys deal with this? Is viable to do long term trading in this game? Or is it just "one huge deal" kind of thing?

From your warehouse you can chose a reserve amount that won't be sold

Oct 25, 2017
I actually ended up getting a multiplayer game yesterday. It seems that going Quick Match > Random doesn't work at all, but queuing for a 3-player match worked fine. Go figure.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Is there any way we could get more feedback for things like how far away from a Warehouse things can/can't be? Like having warehouses in range light up when you are placing a building, maybe? In general, if I could ask for anything I want easier options to see things like fire coverage, police coverage, warehouse coverage, etc.

Is there a way to click and center the camera on a building you have placed? For instance, when there is a fire I can see I have 2 on island, but I don't know if there is a way to get right to them besides literally trying to find them on the map?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really should have tried the beta for this game because I just don't know enough about computer specs to trust buying this on my laptop.

How tough is this game to run if I don't give a shit about playing it in 4k with 60 FPS?

EDIT: Just as a benchmark I can run Civilization 6 on medium-high settings and get an acceptable (to me) frame rate.

Anyone? My computer illiterate ass would appreciate any advice.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way we could get more feedback for things like how far away from a Warehouse things can/can't be? Like having warehouses in range light up when you are placing a building, maybe? In general, if I could ask for anything I want easier options to see things like fire coverage, police coverage, warehouse coverage, etc.

Is there a way to click and center the camera on a building you have placed? For instance, when there is a fire I can see I have 2 on island, but I don't know if there is a way to get right to them besides literally trying to find them on the map?

When you click on a building you can see its range with green color on the road.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
When you click on a building you can see its range with green color on the road.

Not for warehouses it doesn't. It IS for some buildings, like coverage on Fire and Police, for sure, but not warehouses. I've clicked on warehouses quit a bit and I don't remember seeing any indicators.

Here is a warehouse that's selected - note there is no indication (that I can tell, maybe it's very subtle) as to its range.

1I7cPzQ.jpg

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Yeah that's the thing, I don't even know where to find most of the information lol. But I will look when I get home.

Assuming you have Windows 10, click on the yellow Windows Explorer folder icon and then right click on This PC (which will be on the left). Select Properties.

This screen you now see will have your Processor, Memory (amount), and you can also click on Device Manager to the left and that will let you expand your Display Adapter to get the name of your graphics card. Post that stuff here and I'm sure you'll get a bit more assistance.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not for warehouses it doesn't. It IS for some buildings, like coverage on Fire and Police, for sure, but not warehouses. I've clicked on warehouses quit a bit and I don't remember seeing any indicators.

Here is a warehouse that's selected - note there is no indication (that I can tell, maybe it's very subtle) as to its range.
Warehouses do not have carriage to transport goods, only the factories does, I think that's why only them show their "coverage", or "how far they can deliver". Note that using paved roads increases the distance that can be traveled and the speed too.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

1I7cPzQ.jpg

The warehouse doesn't have a range. When you click on a production building, it will show you how far it can transport goods and a warehouse has to be in its range.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Finally bought the game and loving it, but have some questions if someone could help.

First off on the top left where it shows if i'm making money or losing money, it goes up and down like a heartbeat almost constantly. Whats causing it to fluctuate so wildly? I know how the game calculate whether i'm making money or not, but its up and down like a rollercoaster. Even if I sit there and do nothing, one second i'm making $300, next second i'm losing $200.

Sometimes when I click on a house to upgrade it will say 20/20 people, and just as I'm about to hit upgrade it suddenly says 19/20 and I have to look elsewhere. Is this a bug? It happens all the time.

Not sure who plays this on a surround sound system, but the game seems to be in stereo? Is this normal?

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I keep burning out on my sessions whenever I get to the New World on Advanced difficulty. It just ends up being a bit too much for me to keep track of and I feel my focus spiraling out of control. Maybe I should go smaller and slower for now until I master the basics. My income is doing great (5-10k generally through the mid-game) and I'm buying up shares left right and center but I also never feel 100% stable in my setup before pushing forward.

I also feel extremely aesthetically challenged when playing this lol. So hard not to just plop down "optimized" 2x20 or whatever grids of housing everywhere possible, but I never grow an attachment to my cities. Maybe I should play with fewer/easier opponents via custom settings so I feel less pressure rushing ahead?

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
3hrs played tonight. I like it.

I especially like the way the fields are done with the one square place thing.

Seems like it will get decently deep with the management options and logistics.

HelioJosh

Oct 27, 2017
Played about 3 hours so far, just about getting to the Artisan Citizens and needing to expand out to find some Hops fertility to get my brewing going. Liking it a lot, very similar to the older Anno's but nice to have a fresh version.

Seems weird that it's still in my Steam Discovery queue now that you can't purchase it there:

jrmzhis.png

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the Deluxe Edition. Worth every cent. Me and my friend will buy the season pass too because we just cant get enough of this game! It's such a beautiful, relaxing, well made piece of art with so much love and new charming ideas in it. The blueprint mode is so comfortable, the music is mesmerising and we like that you have so many settings for the MP session. It really adds much replayability.
We played 25h together and everything worked perfectly.
IT JUST WORKS!
Thank you Ubisoft and Blue Byte for making this game, you are awesome!

The Admiral AI is OP and 100% cheating tho! :D

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Potentially dumb question, but can you cash in 100 uplay points to get 20% off the season pass?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, interesting. I'm in the USA though where there is a 90 day hold after release on cashing in uplay points for digital products. I'll try in a couple months then.

Chaps me a little bit that the 90 day restriction seems to be in the North America only.

Last edited:

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Potentially dumb question, but can you cash in 100 uplay points to get 20% off the season pass?
You can. Tried that in the German uplay store. Maybe it's different in the US.

It, unfortunately, is different in the US. You'll need to wait 3 months before that 20% off coupon is able to be applied to the game. However, this limitation only seems to apply to the US Uplay store, so if you live elsewhere in the world you should be good to go.

Obviously, everyone's financial situation is different - but I've been really enjoying the game. Scratches that SimCity/Banished itch quite nicely.

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
Is this still grid based or can we now do curved and free flowing roads? After Cities Skylines I don't think I can go back to the limited square grid layout of the previous Anno games.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
First off on the top left where it shows if i'm making money or losing money, it goes up and down like a heartbeat almost constantly. Whats causing it to fluctuate so wildly? I know how the game calculate whether i'm making money or not, but its up and down like a rollercoaster. Even if I sit there and do nothing, one second i'm making $300, next second i'm losing $200.

Sometimes when I click on a house to upgrade it will say 20/20 people, and just as I'm about to hit upgrade it suddenly says 19/20 and I have to look elsewhere. Is this a bug? It happens all the time.

From my experience, this happens if you just barely aren't producing enough of a good to fulfill the demands of your entire population. Basically, you have enough for 19/20 people, which causes the population to rise to 20/20. But when you hit 20, you don't have enough anymore, so the supply starts dropping. This hits your income (hence the income fluctuation), and once it drops low enough, some of your citizens leave. So then you're back to 19/20, suddenly start producing more than you consume again, and the entire loop begins again.

Just check in your houses if any of the resources isn't 100% filled or is decreasing, then build more production for it.

Is this still grid based or can we now do curved and free flowing roads? After Cities Skylines I don't think I can go back to the limited square grid layout of the previous Anno games.

It's still grid based

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I haven't got the game yet, but have a question. There's only one new world for the expedition besides your starting map yeah? Just curious, I've only watched Keralis playthru so far.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
New (later game, engineer level) best way I've found to make money: Sell advanced weapons to the queen's rep.

A stack of 50 sells for about 500k. Sells for much more than the ships made with those guns (plus engineers and other resources like steel and advanced machines) will sell for.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Looking for a much more in depth city building game after playing Frostpunk. Frostpunk was good for the price but I'm really looking for a lot more depth and less linearity. This game seems right up my alley with the naval war elements and building defences. In this game are there any defined victory or defeat conditions? Can the enemy players go conquer your cities or something? Not sure how that works with the lack of ground combat. I have like 120 ubi points and I don't live in the USA so I think I can benefit from the 20% off.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was able to determine my computer meets most of the requirements to run based on the Recommend. (My GPU is a bit slow but expected on a laptop I'm told.)

Will probably pick this up next week after I finish DKCTF.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Main city keeps growing, I think I have around 10 trade routes now and three islands in the new world and four in the old world. Still stuck with industry in my main city, which I want to move away completely at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Why are my worker houses not filling up completely? I need artisans and the game doesn't give me any more new citizens. All their basic needs are met.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
When playing multiplayer you can't put your Steam in offline mode it seems. Keeps crashing after the loading screen. Turning Steam online fixed the issue.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game crashes after reaching 700-1000 Artisans. No way to play, 2-3 minutes and it's back to the desktop.

Nov 7, 2017
How do you keep grain from going into reserves to be made into bread. I have a layout for bread and a layout for just grain but it keeps using my grain to go into the bread i believe.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you keep grain from going into reserves to be made into bread. I have a layout for bread and a layout for just grain but it keeps using my grain to go into the bread i believe.
I think it goes to the closest that can receive it. If bread buildings have they queue full they can't receive more until they process it.
The best way is to keep the buildings of one production chain close to the others so they can deliver to them quickly, then add a storage building near the last production building (consumable).

Keep in mind that delivering takes time, and loading/unloading take time too. Thankfully you can lower the delivery time by keeping buildings of the same production chain close to each other.