• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a bit more of the campaign (just got to the Boom) and enjoying it but, I'm not sure if I'm missing something super obvious but I feel like I'm really not getting enough feedback or information from the game...

For example I often have a tough time finding a building of the same type of the map (I couldn't remember if I already had a pub so I had to go search for it).

Are there no overlays for the different stats? Is the only way to know the population's needs is to click on the market (I think it's the market?).

So yeah... I kinda feel lost without any feedback.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
I think I am finished for now, will probably come back in a few months to play another round. It is a FANTASTIC game and probably the best in the series (I played them all except 2205).
After ~30 hours I got my main island super attractive and only Engineers and Investors housing. Everthing else is on other Islands and supplies my main Island. It is currently nearly impossible to keep up with "New World" Resources though, I have like 15 trade lines with ~30 ships going back and forth but just can't produce enough goods on the tiny New World Islands to keep all my Investors super-happy all the time. I see that as a finished state for now though, since I can't really expand much anymore.

I think they should make the travel time between New and Old world a bit faster, since it is really hard to keep up with demand if your ships are traveling forever between the two maps.

Last edited:

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Are there no overlays for the different stats? Is the only way to know the population's needs is to click on the market (I think it's the market?).
Click on the houses. There you see the need for the population level and can switch between needs (to level up) and things that just makes them more happy (and gives you more income).

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Personally I would have loved to get some more options with the last two residential tiers (also deco objects, I'm pretty sure there were more in the Closed Beta?!, maybe they'll be added in the DLC?). Also never a big fan of the small islands or limited building space on islands, especially in the new world. But that's what's going to happen in the Arctic DLC as well or it will again be heavily limited due to temperates and housing only next to factories and such (as in Anno 2205).

Maybe the focus was a bit too much on the first three tiers and they never got that much feedback on the last two (seems so at times at least). Still enjoying the game very much so, but as always I'm sad about the limited options for green spaces, parks, etc.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
First Patch will be deployed in 30 minutes, fixes Steam performance and it will increase income by tourists by 50%.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Got the new patch, now my sandbox quests are completely non functional. None work, so taking a break until that is fixed as they were key to one of my strategies.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I think im going to re-start my sandbox game. I seem to fall into a bland city design of 6 homes in a block over and over again. Im going to try and create a bit more aesthetically pleasing city this time.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
I picked Anno up from the ES yesterday, and refunded it just before the 2 hour mark because I can't afford it at the moment. But my god this game is so good, never played city builders before but now I wonder what I have been missing.

I can't wait until this game has discount so I can sink my teeth into it again.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY wish the floating arrows on top of upgradable buildings were a different color cause they are basically impossible to see right now.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Finally started this up today after having being consumed by Sekiro.

Knew I was going to pick this up since I managed to play during the closed beta and could see the direction it was heading in, actually imported the German physical edition to go with the rest of the games.

It definitely seems to be the best since 1404, I never really minded 2070 & 2205 much, (despite the latter being a bit too simplified) but the return to the historical setting is really a huge plus for me and I think it really helps the overall presentation too.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the Campaign I got up to where you have to defeat a ton of battleships and make a ton of Ships of the Line.

Is there anything after that, or should I just start a new sandbox game instead? I really don't wanna grind this part out.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
In the Campaign I got up to where you have to defeat a ton of battleships and make a ton of Ships of the Line.

Is there anything after that, or should I just start a new sandbox game instead? I really don't wanna grind this part out.

Ill spoiler it just in case....
Once you defeat the ships the main story ends. You are able to continue a sort of sandbox game from there (it tasks you with rebuilding that main city island).

I found it fairly easy to destroy all the ships, I never built all the ones it was saying to. I just lured a few over to my harbour where my guns and the queens boats wreaked them.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So... I re-installed Anno 1404... I don't necessarly have anything against 1800 but there's a few small QoL thing that annoys me so I think I'll give 1440 a try (never really played it more than like 1h)

For people who have experience with the unnoficial patch for 1404... It says that it only works with the Venice version of the game but the Campaign is only available in the base version of the game... So is there no way to play the campaign with the patch changes?

Last edited:

BMofB

Oct 27, 2017
So I got a refund from the Epic Store, but the game is still on my Uplay account, and is still playable?
I haven't received my refund from Epic yet but was also wondering how this is going to work...

In other news, the new patch fixed the SSE problem with Phenom CPUs, game starts normally now. Given that Phenom CPUs are below the minimum requirements the performance isn't that great, but nevertheless I was able to play completely fine with low settings.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
I haven't received my refund from Epic yet but was also wondering how this is going to work...

In other news, the new patch fixed the SSE problem with Phenom CPUs, game starts normally now. Given that Phenom CPUs are below the minimum requirements the performance isn't that great, but nevertheless I was able to play completely fine with low settings.

The only thing I can think of is that, Epic inform Uplay about the refund so they can then revoke the licence from your account. I will check again after work to see if it is still showing.

EDIT* Still got Anno.

Last edited:

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Apparently, Anno 1800 sold four times the numbers of Anno 2205 within the same period of time (one week). It is also the fastest selling Anno-game ever since. Since its launch on April 16, players have:
  • resided 7 billion inhabitants on their islands (three times the world's population in 1899, btw)
  • built more than 10 million ships
  • laid out more than 1 billion crop fields
  • settled on more than 3 million islands
Source: press release.

Full press release in German:

ANNO 1800™
STELLT VERKAUFSREKORD AUF

Düsseldorf, 29. April 2019 – Ubisoft® gab heute bekannt, dass Anno 1800™ der am schnellsten verkaufte Teil der erfolgreichen Städtebau- und Strategie-Reihe ist. Bereits innerhalb der ersten Woche nach Markteinführung wurde Anno 1800 viermal mehr verkauft als sein Vorgänger Anno 2205 im selben Zeitraum. Anno 1800 wurde am 16. April weltweit auf Windows PC veröffentlicht.

"Anno 1800 war eine unglaubliche Reise für alle, die bei Ubisoft Blue Byte arbeiten und wir sind sehr glücklich zu sehen, dass die Spieler den Titel mögen. Seit der Ankündigung des Spiels hat uns die Community von Anno 1800 über unsere Community-Plattform Anno Union unzählige nützliche Rückmeldungen gegeben und uns so geholfen, ein hervorragendes Spiel zu veröffentlichen. Wir fühlen uns privilegiert, eine der engagiertesten Communities der Videospielindustrie zu haben. Nach diesem großartigen und erfolgreichen Launch konzentrieren wir uns nun ganz auf die bestmöglichen Post-Launch-Inhalte für Anno 1800 und wir können es kaum erwarten, mehr zu zeigen", sagt Benedikt Grindel, Managing Director bei Ubisoft Blue Byte.

Seit der Veröffentlichung des Spiels am 16. April haben die Spieler von Anno 1800 unaufhörlich am Aufbau ihres Industrieimperiums gearbeitet. Hier sind einige beeindruckende Zahlen:

• Die Spieler haben fast 7 Milliarden Bürger auf ihren Inseln angesiedelt, mehr als das Dreifache der Weltbevölkerung im Jahr 1899
  • Die Spieler haben über 10 Millionen Schiffe gebaut
  • Die Spieler haben mehr als 1 Milliarde Getreidefelder angelegt
  • Über 3 Millionen Inseln wurden besiedelt

Das 19. Jahrhundert ist reich an technologischen Innovationen, Verschwörungen und ständig wechselnden Loyalitäten und bietet den perfekten Rahmen für das klassische Anno-Gameplay. Anno 1800 wurde von Ubisoft Blue Byte entwickelt und bietet Spielern unzählige Möglichkeiten, ihre Fähigkeiten als Herrscher unter Beweis zu stellen. Die Spieler können riesige Metropolen errichten, effiziente Logistiknetzwerke planen, einen exotischen neuen Kontinent besiedeln, globale Expeditionen unternehmen und ihre Gegner durch Diplomatie, Handel oder Krieg dominieren.

Anno 1800 ist physisch im Handel sowie digital im Ubisoft Store und im Epic Games Store für Windows PC erhältlich. Besitzer der Digital- Deluxe- und Pionier-Editionen haben Zugang zu exklusiven Inhalten, einschließlich Dr. Hugo Mercier, einem neuen anarchistischen Charakter. Die Anno 1800 Produktseite des Ubisoft Store ist hier zu finden: https://store.ubi.com/de/anno1800-alleprodukte

Seit über eineinhalb Jahren lädt Anno 1800 die Spieler ein an der Entstehung und Entwicklung des Spiels mitzuwirken, indem sie Feedback in der Anno Union geben. Bisher wurden mehr als 160 Blogs veröffentlicht, 15.000 Kommentare gepostet und fünf Community-Wettbewerbe organisiert. Diese Zusammenarbeit zwischen Spielern und dem Studio ermöglicht es dem Entwicklungsteam, das Spiel zu gestalten und die gewünschten Community-Funktionen hinzuzufügen.

Weitere Informationen über Anno 1800 gibt es hier: www.ubisoft.com/de-de/game/anno-1800/

Den Zutritt zur Anno Union gibt es hier: https://www.anno-union.com/

Über Ubisoft Blue Byte:
Celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2018, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin Blue Byte develops high-class strategy games such as "The Settlers" and "Anno" which are played by millions of gamers around the globe. The studios are also successfully co-developing big Ubisoft brands, such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2 on which the teams work in close collaboration with leading Ubisoft studios. Blue Byte's international team of 450+ developers is dedicated to create memorable and inspiring gaming experiences while using and supporting the latest technologies and platforms. Ubisoft Berlin, which opened in early 2018, is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network. Learn more about Ubisoft Blue Byte at www.bluebyte.com.

Über Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin's Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy's video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2017–18 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,732 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoft.com.

© 2019 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Anno 1800, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Anno, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Ubisoft GmbH in the US and/or other countries.

Sollten Sie keine weiteren Ubisoft Pressemitteilungen erhalten wollen, wenden Sie sich bitte in einer formlosen Mail mit dem Betreff "Abmeldung" an: [email protected].

Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf | Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 60251.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Apparently, Anno 1800 sold four times the numbers of Anno 2205 within the same period of time (one week). It is also the fastest selling Anno-game ever since. Since its launch on April 16, players have:
  • resided 7 billion inhabitants on their islands (three times the world's population in 1899, btw)
  • built more than 10 million ships
  • laid out more than 1 billion crop fields
  • settled on more than 3 million islands
Source: press release.

Full press release in German:

Small correction- those numbers are not since release, but week 1 (so April 16 to 22).

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Utterly in love this game. I have put 10 hours into the campaign now. Think the most surprising/fun thing has been the mini text adventures when going on expeditions but the game is just gorgeous overall and has tons of charm. Was fully expecting to be playing Imperator non-stop but can't pull myself away from this.

Few nitpicks...I think there needs to be much better feedback when moving goods between islands/regions (its hard to see if it is even working sometimes, what is being moved, where the ships are and how much they are carrying especially when the travel time between new & old world can be so long). A better view of overall net increase/decrease of goods per island is also really needed as I feel I am scrolling the warehouse menu up and down looking for specific things. These are both something that 2205 was actually pretty good at despite the rest of that game being not this great.

Bonus (messy city) pics:

3AyY9oS.jpg

B5vjTHN.jpg

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
A better view of overall net increase/decrease of goods per island is also really needed as I feel I am scrolling the warehouse menu up and down looking for specific things.

We will be adding a statistics building with a better overview of productivity in a free update in the future- feedback received ;)

Also, that is a lovely "messy city" :)

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
We will be adding a statistics building with a better overview of productivity in a free update in the future- feedback received ;)

Also, that is a lovely "messy city" :)
Really loved the 2205 feature where we could see if a good was +5 or -2 or whatever. Hugely helped track how much we are producing.

Oct 27, 2017
Watched a couple of videos and reviews and this game looks great. Think I'll wait for a few balance or QoL patches but definitely will pick up soon. I think the screenshots above are stunning, I love the naval setting. Can you play as pirates and just try to ruin everyone else's day or would that take away the city building part?

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Watched a couple of videos and reviews and this game looks great. Think I'll wait for a few balance or QoL patches but definitely will pick up soon. I think the screenshots above are stunning, I love the naval setting. Can you play as pirates and just try to ruin everyone else's day or would that take away the city building part?

Fielding your pirate fleet requires resources, infrastructure and Influence that you only get by engaging with the core city building mechanics.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having a lot of fun with this game, first anno game for me too. Some rando beginner questions:

• When a CPU asks if they can settle are they asking if they can settle on YOUR island? Or just to expand from theirs?
  • When you're going for that clay mine quite far away from your initial coast - do you start a little mini city near the mine with a market/pub/etc? I can never seem to get farmers/workers to where they need to go. Clicking on the creator object shows a green path, is that for workers too in any way or only for warehouse proximity?
  • Can I just set my initial boat/fleet to explore? I tried to set-it-and-forget it kinda like a civ explorer but then I had pirates on my ass...can I disable them completely in sandbox?
  • What is the keyboard shortcut to fully build multiple things that were built in blueprint mode? Like if I have a whole strip of famers can i just drag/press something to automatically build them all instead of clicking on each one and then clicking on build?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Having a lot of fun with this game, first anno game for me too. Some rando beginner questions:

• When a CPU asks if they can settle are they asking if they can settle on YOUR island? Or just to expand from theirs?
  • When you're going for that clay mine quite far away from your initial coast - do you start a little mini city near the mine with a market/pub/etc? I can never seem to get farmers/workers to where they need to go. Clicking on the creator object shows a green path, is that for workers too in any way or only for warehouse proximity?
  • Can I just set my initial boat/fleet to explore? I tried to set-it-and-forget it kinda like a civ explorer but then I had pirates on my ass...can I disable them completely in sandbox?

1. They ask to settle on an empty island.
2. You just need a warehouse close to the mine and a path that links it to your dock. The workers are per island. If you settle in a new island and make a mine for example, you need to build workers for that in that same island. Factories/mines/etc do not need people living close to it. After a few tiers you unlock a type of dock that shares your workers between different islands, allowing to offload production to other islands without needing people actually living there.
3. Not sure about that.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You have to tell the boat where to go, you can do it on the minimap, just select your boat with one click (two clicks moves the camera to its position), then right-click on a location on the minimap, it will go there.
You can disable pirates in sandbox mode.

• What is the keyboard shortcut to fully build multiple things that were built in blueprint mode? Like if I have a whole strip of famers can i just drag/press something to automatically build them all instead of clicking on each one and then clicking on build?
"U" is the key for upgrade tool, then just draw a rectangle while holding the left click and it should upgrade/build everything it can.
To cancel while drawing the rectangle, right-click.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
When a CPU asks if they can settle are they asking if they can settle on YOUR island? Or just to expand from theirs?

In addition to what Galava said, note that only Easy AIs (like Wibblesworth and Qing) will need to ask you if they can settle new islands. Higher difficulty AIs (like Beryl) will not, so they can expand as they please. I assume you're doing the campaign on normal difficulty, in which case you'll have 2 easy AI opponents and 1 intermediate opponent, so keep an eye on the latter (in addition to pirates).

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish my PC could better handle Anno 1800 because I've been playing Anno 1400 (Dawn of Discovery on Steam) and the game is amazing.

My one question is does the supply chain get as convoluted as it does in 1400 in 1800? Sometimes I feel like it's a bit to much to keep track of the 37 resources and 10 islands just to make silk sheets for my nobles.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to "get" what to do once reaching Artisan level and above. Keep in mind I have completed the campaign on advanced difficulty, but even in that you actually only needed a handful of artisans, and don't expand much.

It just seems that at that point it is too much for your starter island, yet you can't just put the higher levels onto another island because you have to start from Farmers, who in turn have all their needs, then Worker needs, and so on. Even higher level production requires lower level workers, so you can't cut them out entirely. Additional islands are often missing a basic fertility or two, as well. I just can't wrap my mind around how to handle it.

It just hasn't clicked for me for some reason. and I love the game and would like to get to the higher level stuff like museums and such. What process do you all follow? I've read it's a good idea to put two tiers per island, like Workers/Farmers, Artisans/Workers, or something, but I can't even wrap my mind around how to accomplish that.

Once I get into the groove I know I can figure it out from there.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there a sock that unlocks at Artisan level that allows workers to travel between islands? That's the key to end game building from my understanding.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
So, completely new to the series but the wife and I are looking for something that isn't a shooter to relax together with.
How is the game for new players, and is the co-op functional?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
So, completely new to the series but the wife and I are looking for something that isn't a shooter to relax together with.
How is the game for new players, and is the co-op functional?

Well, I can confidently say that it is about as far removed from a shooter as can be ;) There is no "true" co-op so far (which would be two players controlling a single city), but will be added for free in the future.

Currently, you can however do multiplayer where both of you build their own city peacefully side by side and help each other with trade or ally vs pirates.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Well, I can confidently say that it is about as far removed from a shooter as can be ;) There is no "true" co-op so far (which would be two players controlling a single city), but will be added for free in the future.

Currently, you can however do multiplayer where both of you build their own city peacefully side by side and help each other with trade or ally vs pirates.

Oh, thats more of what I meant in terms of multiplayer. That's great, looks like we will be picking it up today then. Thanks so much for the help.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
What happens when I start a MP session without inviting player 2 again? Does my coop buddy loose money while he is offline?

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I keep meaning to come back to this one, but now I'm so far out of the loop on where I was at with my Campaign city that I decided to start over. Problem is I still recall too much of what the Campaign goes through so it's kind of killed my desire.

Guess I could always just go straight to sandbox, or beat my head against the Campaign till it makes sense again.

Really loved my time with this one, but it just came out at a weird time between several other big releases.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Bought and started the campaing a couple of days ago. I'm up to 500 Artisans in my main town, but I've been progressing very slowly on purpose since then because everything is running smoothly right now lol.

My question: Should I be worried about that Madame what's-her-face (Berry or something?)? She's been completely annihilating the other two AI players with her fleet, but I don't know if she'll come after me since I have a decent amount of Rep with her. I'm scared she'll turn on me eventually and I'm not really big on military.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Bought and started the campaing a couple of days ago. I'm up to 500 Artisans in my main town, but I've been progressing very slowly on purpose since then because everything is running smoothly right now lol.

My question: Should I be worried about that Madame what's-her-face (Berry or something?)? She's been completely annihilating the other two AI players with her fleet, but I don't know if she'll come after me since I have a decent amount of Rep with her. I'm scared she'll turn on me eventually and I'm not really big on military.

She annihilated me in a recent play-through but I only had average reputation with her, no idea what happens if you keep to her friendly side.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
She annihilated me in a recent play-through but I only had average reputation with her, no idea what happens if you keep to her friendly side.

Hm, now I'm scared. I will have to put off expanding even more and focus on building up a fleet, then.
I'm not sure how diplomacy works exactly, but I don't even have a trade agreement with her so I assume it won't be long before she comes after me.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Hm, now I'm scared. I will have to put off expanding even more and focus on building up a fleet, then.
I'm not sure how diplomacy works exactly, but I don't even have a trade agreement with her so I assume it won't be long before she comes after me.

I should add that my experience was before the recent diplomacy updates so it might be something they smoothed out since then.

Oct 27, 2017