• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

BB

Taokaka Arakune Litchy Fey Ling Carl Clover Bang Shishigami Tsubaki yayoi Nu-12 Valkenhym val hellsing Relius Clover Amane Nishiki Bullet Kagura Mutsuki Yuki Terumi Kokonoe Celica A Mercury Hibiki kohaku Izanami Susanooo

P4AU

Rise Kuchikawa Yukari Takeba Junpei eyori Ken Sho Minazuki Tohru Adachi Mary Margaret Elizabeth Shadow Labrys

Unist

Hilda Chaos Eltnum Akatsuki Nanase Byakuya Phonon Enkidu Wagner

Rwby

Jaune Pyrrha Nora Lie ren Sun Cinder fall Roman torchwick Neo Emerald Adam Taurus

Arcana Heart

Saki Akane Weiss Kamui Kira Minori Petra Charlotte Fiona

Senran Kagura

Asuka Yumi Homura Miyabi Yozakura Yagyu Mirai Ryobi Renka Kagura Hibari

En-Eins

En-eins Kati Kanae Sai Fritz Wei Adler Genko sentia Kanzentia Murakumo Blitztank

These announcer clips were datamined from the latest BlazBlue Tag Patch, and ArcSys pretty much had her record pretty much every name you can think of.

I'm pretty sure 99 percent of these are just placeholders, so don't get your hopes up that a lot of these will become actual characters. (Torchwick from RWBY is too good to be true)

Of note though is how En-Eins Perfektwelt has a ton of names recorded too. Is this another Senran Kagura level tease or are we actually gonna get fucking BLITZTANK up in here

latest

Last edited:

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the world is ready for the level of kusoge that this game would be with Blitztank in it.

OP
OP
RecRoulette

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the title update mods! Forgot that Senran Kagura is possibly the 6th, making En-Eins the 7th

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of it, but I think Senran might be the new fate. Feels weird that they would have Asuka and Yumi in the voice files last year, then put even more character files in this update.

I really am hoping the next update after today's is of better quality. The new characters in today's update don't even have any unique pre-fight dialogue with their partners.

I'm also hoping that we get some news on the next DLC soon. Honestly, Arcsys has done a pretty terrible job maintaining momentum for this game. They were able to be seen a positive light after the negative response to the initial season pass announcement by making the game really fun and complex, only for them to barely support it or its scene after it launched (with the exception of DLC packs 4 to 6, but even that was weird because instead of it being on a week by week basis, they just released all three at once, teased the Arcana Heart fate, then went silent for half a year).

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's a ton of characters.
Please put Homura over Yumi.

Honestly never heard about En Eins before today, that seems insane.
edit: checking the trailer, it reminds me of Waku Waku 7, is it similar?

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Senran Kagura pls, no need for a dead series.

But if they do add all this, might as well add Donald McDonald and Rare Akuma and go full Mugen. lol

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
"Fate possibly revealed"

Who in that list is a Fate character?

Edit: Ah. I see that's what the series they collaborate are called? That's confusing.

OP
OP
RecRoulette

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of it, but I think Senran might be the new fate. Feels weird that they would have Asuka and Yumi in the voice files last year, then put even more character files in this update.

I really am hoping the next update after today's is of better quality. The new characters in today's update don't even have any unique pre-fight dialogue with their partners.

I'm also hoping that we get some news on the next DLC soon. Honestly, Arcsys has done a pretty terrible job maintaining momentum for this game. They were able to be seen a positive light after the negative response to the initial season pass by making the game really fun and complex, only for them to barely support it or its scene after it launched.

Yeah, took me a few matches before I realized that none of the new characters had any special interactions.

I was surprised that they weren't charging for the latest character pack if you bought the all-in-one pack. I hope they do a second season, the game's still a lot of fun

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I mean... if it's legit and Fiona from AH will be in BBTAG my interest level turns from zero to automatic... :O

But then the Senran Kagura "leaks" didn't prove fruitful, did they? Pinch of salt methinks.

EDIT - also that "leak" also has my guesses at all but one correct (no Angelia for AH2 miniboss)...

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
There's no character in Arcana Heart named Charlotte -- that's probably Scharlachrot being referenced there.

I'm also hoping that we get some news on the next DLC soon. Honestly, Arcsys has done a pretty terrible job maintaining momentum for this game. They were able to be seen a positive light after the negative response to the initial season pass by making the game really fun and complex, only for them to barely support it or its scene after it launched.
Where do you want the work output to come from? Adding characters (especially anyone who isn't from BB/P4A/UNI) is an extremely time-consuming process (seriously, go look up how long it took SNK to create sprites for one character in KOFXIII). ArcSys is a relatively small company by AAAAAA standards (about 150 employees) and they already have several projects on their plate (GBVS, a new GG, DBFZ DLC support, plus whatever smaller stuff they have). They're not Epic.

Senran Kagura is dead but Arcana Heart is alive?

Wat?

They just announced a new update for Arcana Heart. :x

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Arc and Sun Ookong are hilariously poor pronunciations.
My man Merc got done dirty

Most of this probably means nothing though, Relius is a big red flag for that because of his Astral.
and SK, fuck that shit

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, took me a few matches before I realized that none of the new characters had any special interactions.

I was surprised that they weren't charging for the latest character pack if you bought the all-in-one pack. I hope they do a second season, the game's still a lot of fun

They said they were back at EVO, but again, the communication has just been so terrible. Arcsys really should provide more attention for its titles rather than releasing them and rarely ever talking about them again. But I guess that's to be expected when they have five different fighting games that they're supporting. I mean heck, this update just came out, and yet in ten days we'll have the Granblue Versus beta.

There's no character in Arcana Heart named Charlotte -- that's probably Scharlachrot being referenced there.

Where do you want the work output to come from? Adding characters (especially anyone who isn't from BB/P4A/UNI) is an extremely time-consuming process (seriously, go look up how long it took SNK to create sprites for one character in KOFXIII). ArcSys is a relatively small company by AAAAAA standards (about 150 employees) and they already have several projects on their plate (GBVS, a new GG, DBFZ DLC support, plus whatever smaller stuff they have). They're not Epic.

They just announced a new update for Arcana Heart. :x

I'm not complaining about the lack of characters? I'm saying that they should be more effective in their communication for the game. As for support, that doesn't exclusively mean characters either. Stages, colors, music, fixing the netcode, there's a lot of smaller things that they can do. The pre-fight interactions were something every character had too, not having them for the new ones just feels awkward.

Oct 27, 2017
"Fate possibly revealed"

Who in that list is a Fate character?

Edit: Ah. I see that's what the series they collaborate are called? That's confusing.

It's funny you mention that because the developers for the game even mentioned they would love to have Fate characters in the game, so it would just be the Fate Fate if that happens.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that some of these could be dummy lines recorded in advance. They sometimes have announcers record many names just in case they use them or just to throw people off. Xander Mobus once said they made him record so many character names for Smash just so people wouldn't know. That's a lot of characters. They made a new Heart sprite, so i can't see them not doing the same for so many. That's quite a bit imo. All of the BB/Persona/UNIST ones were gonna happen anyway

some names could be also for something we don't know about. Just don't get too excited, because it may be nothing. BB/Persona/UNIST are copy paste characters. But everyone else sounds like it would be new sprites like Heart. Thats a lot of new characters. Like 3-4 new games of rosters from ArcSys lol

full list

BlazBlue:
Taokaka
Arakune
Litchi Faye Ling
Carl Clover
Bang Shishigami
Tsubaki Yayoi
Mu 12
Valkenhyn R Hellsing
Relius Clover
Amane Nishiki
Bullet
Kagura Mutsuki
Yuki Terumi
Kokonoe
Celica A Mercury
Naoto Kurogane
Kibiki Kohaku
Izanami
Susanoo

P4AU
Kuma
Rise Kujikawa
Yukari Takeba
Junpei Iori
Ken Amada and Kuromaru
Sho Minazuki
Minazuki
Toru Adachi
Marie
Margaret
Elizabeth*
Shadow Labrys*

*not named in video but apparently there

Undernight InBirth
Nanase
Byakuya
Phonon
Enkidu
Wagner
Seth
Hilda
Chaos
Eltnum
Akatsuki

en-eins perfektewelt
En-Eins
Kati
Kanae
Sai
Fritz
Wei
Adler
Denkosensha?
Kazensha?
Murakumo
Blitztank

Arcana Heart
Heart Aino
Saki Tszura
Akane Inuwaka
Weiss
Kamui Tokinomiya
Kira Daidouji
Minori Amanohara
Petra Johanna Lagerkvist
Scharlachrot
Fiona Mayfield

RWBY
Jaune Arc
Pyrrha Nikos
Nora Valkyrie
Lie Ren
Sun Wukong
Cinder Fall
Roman Torchwick
Neopolitan
Emerald Sustrai
Adam Taurus

Senran Kagura
Asuka (from long ago. not in video)
Yumi (from long ago. not in video)
Homura
Miyabi
Yozakura
Yagyu
Mirai
Yomi
Renka
Kagura
Hibari

Last edited:

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
they did the SC6 method of just putting in files for fuckin' everyone to dissaude leaks lmao

Akatsuki would be hype as fuck though. HOO-HAA-CHESTOOOO

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
You can just get the sprites from Arcana Heart (no need to make brand new ones) and the team is still making new games. They even announced a new Arcana Heart 3 version a few days ago.
You are wrong, as Heart's sprite is neither from Arcana Heart, or from Nitroplus Blasters. It is a brand new sprite created specifically for Tag Battle, and they will need to do the same with any future Arcana Heart Characters.
Dzkw0yCVYAA9avg

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah Senran Kagura. I hope Homura and Miyabi are in of the ones listed. I hope all of Hanzo's squad is playable in this.

Ok, then this makes this list even more unlikely.
I doubt anyone legitimately believes the entire list of 40+ characters is making it in as DLC. The point is that this hints at specific series and potentially more characters coming in already represented series. We already have confirmation of more to come, so there's more evidence for this leak than you're giving it credit for. There's no reason to delude yourself just because you don't care for Senran Kagura.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How they gonna list just about every viable RWBY character from Volume 1-3 but leave out Qrow like that? He's getting a new VA!
No Senran Kagura pls, no need for a dead series.

But if they do add all this, might as well add Donald McDonald and Rare Akuma and go full Mugen. lol
I know SK is having a weird period with Sony but how is it dead? I just figured they'd jump ship back to Nintendo eventually.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know SK is having a weird period with Sony but how is it dead? I just figured they'd jump ship back to Nintendo eventually.
Declining sales, mobile game bombed hard, producer left the company. And even then they let him still keep it weirdly as a Sony exclusive for mainline. The focus also changed from "weird over the top shounen stuff that takes itself too seriously" to basically only the fanservice aspect. It's not dead, but I don't see much of a future for it.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Declining sales, mobile game bombed hard, producer left the company. And even then they let him still keep it weirdly as a Sony exclusive for mainline. The focus also changed from "weird over the top shounen stuff that takes itself too seriously" to basically only the fanservice aspect. It's not dead, but I don't see much of a future for it.
I can see it being retooled back into "over the top Shonen with fanservice" ala Negima again but I get your point.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How they gonna list just about every viable RWBY character from Volume 1-3 but leave out Qrow like that? He's getting a new VA!

It ain't dead as Arcana or Eins that's for sure. And the series hasn't had a major entry since Estival Versus, so it's not fair to gauge it's strength based on a water gun spin off and a remake of the 3DS game that lazily reuses assets from the PS4 entry.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
EVERYONE IS HERE!
Lol, didn't think i'd hear BLITZTANK in 2019. Eins being a potential Fate is pretty damn exciting, even if it's pretty obscure.