• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Woooah holy shit. It was already an unbearably tense game, this will be awful. Can't wait!

Shame about no PlayStation but expected I guess.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the sound design in this game next level?

This could be the craziest VR experience yet.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
GTX1080 recommended for Minimum specs.

Having the binaural audio in VR is going to be something else.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Can't watch the video atm. Is it standard controller only or is there motion control?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's good, it seems like a weird game for VR but it's also an interesting project.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
There are 3 or 4 sections in this game that I imagine would be particularly intense for anyone who wasn't expecting a horror game, add in VR and I can't even imagine how some of these are gonna look.

The entire encounter with Garm and several of the trials come to mind immediately.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
How do you think PSVR can run the game if the VR requirments system are asking for a GTX 1080?

Downgrade?
I mean, there are games like RE7 that on the PS4Pro look very good... why they can't run it?
Impossible maybe just if there is some stop from Microsoft... or they don't consider PSVR as remunerative enough...

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Spending 15 minutes at a time wandering around bland environments hoping for glyphs to align sounds dull. It was bad enough outside of VR.

There are a few segments of the game where I feel this would suit really well, but the full game? It doesn't sound like an interesting addition to me.

Oct 26, 2017
Downgrade?
I mean, there are games like RE7 that on the PS4Pro look very good... why they can't run it?
Impossible maybe just if there is some stop from Microsoft... or they don't consider PSVR as remunerative enough...

They have been prototyping/working on the VR mode for 2 years, this has nothing to do with Microsoft acquisition, did you watch the video?
RE7 is not Hellblade, Hellblade is way more taxing in resources. RE7 runs at 60fps on base consoles, Hellblade is a 30fps game, they need 90fps for the VR mode.

Lower the graphical settings and resolution?

PSVR could do it but the hit on graphics would make it look a lot worse. As cool as this is, unless you have a Pro, the graphics would need to take a big hit.

I'm just glad we got the HDR patch.

Read above. Do you think it's worth it to lower the graphics for a VR mode?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Downgrade?

They downgraded alot already and are working on it for 2 years already like they said in the vid and it still needs a 1080.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GTX 1080 required damn

GTX1080 recommended for Minimum specs.

Having the binaural audio in VR is going to be something else.

I suspect this is more the reason it's not coming to PSVR rather than Microsoft's acquisition of the studio. For those with a nice PC setup this is going to be pretty cool.

Downgrade?

Just before people forget how taxing Hellblade is...
2160.png

The game requires a monster rig in the first place to hold high framerates at high resolutions, this is probably a larger than necessary requirement for 90Hz and higher than 1080p resolution, I'd assume a 1070 might handle the game with settings turned down.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I would say this about almost no games - even RE7 I'd love to try in VR - but Hellblade got way too deep inside my head in a very unsettling way and I think it would break me in VR.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yes. A hundred percent, yes. I don't know why you assumed I or anyone else mentioning a psvr version would be magically expecting it to look identical, or honestly anywhere even close, to the current version.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have been prototyping/working on the VR mode for 2 years, this has nothing to do with Microsoft acquisition, did you watch the video?
RE7 is not Hellblade, Hellblade is way more taxing in resourced. RE7 runs at 60fps on base consoles, Hellblade is a 30fps game, they need 90fps for the VR mode.

Not to mention the team working on Hellblade has been rather small compared to games like RE7, and it's even smaller nowadays as most of Ninja Theory already moved onto a brand new game. The Microsoft acquisition is extremely recent, no way it changed their plans regarding the VR version of this game. Besides, we've seen with Minecraft among others that them acquiring a studio does not mean that suddenly every other console version of their games loses support.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we please not have people shitposting that this is Microsoft mandating that PSVR cannot be supported, the game is incredibly taxing and targets 30 FPS on consoles, they would have to make some extreme sacrifices to have it approach a high frame rate to deliver a good VR experience on base PS4 hardware.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just before people forget how taxing Hellblade is...

The game requires a monster rig in the first place to hold high framerates at high resolutions, this is probably a larger than necessary requirement for 90Hz and higher than 1080p resolution, I'd assume a 1070 might handle the game with settings turned down.

Is there a performance chart that shows how the game runs at 1080P? I would pick it up if I knew I could get 60FPS on my setup.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 is not Hellblade, Hellblade is way more taxing in resources. RE7 runs at 60fps on base consoles, Hellblade is a 30fps game, they need 90fps for the VR mode.

Sorry i'm at work so I can't watch the video and missed some informations that are not readable if not watching the video itself... :P

Well I will still hope they can do some magic...

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Can we please not have people shitposting that this is Microsoft mandating that PSVR cannot be supported, the game is incredibly taxing and targets 30 FPS on consoles, they would have to make some extreme sacrifices to have it approach a high frame rate to deliver a good VR experience on base PS4 hardware.

But if the Switch can run Doom and Wolfenstein 2, surely the PS4 could run this in VR!

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
A shame about no PSVR but not sure if it'd be the same experience with the necessary cut backs. I just finished this last night and now I wish I had waited to experience it in VR.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Downgrade?
Resident VII was already a flawless 60fps on base consoles.

For hellblade only has a 60fps mode on Pro and X, and even on X it can dip to mid 40s, on top of that the game has dynamic res between 720p and 1080p on Pro with 60 fps mode.

They would have to completely rework the game and likely drop the resolution even lower to PSVR be possible on Pro, let alone on base console.