• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Everyone defending this saying it's not Direct; doesn't change the fact it's more boring than watching paint dry.

Its an advertisement for folks who want to feel more connected with the corp.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
I dig these pre-recorded interviews with the Rare devs. The live host banter stuff? Eh, not so much.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
To be fair they shouldn't talk about "breaking announcements" and shit like that then.

Harsh but true lol.
They teased "a major Xbox Game Pass announcement", "news on upcoming Xbox updates" and "a first look at what's coming next for PUBG" as well as a "Sea of Thieves focused" stream. That's exactly what this is. Read beyond the first sentence.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Inside Xbox and This week on Xbox is really good for the community that actually enjoys thing Xbox. I'm glad they are doing these shows I'm enjoying them and is pretty different from other MS consumer product lines where they never advertise or talk about them.

I agree. I think it's good, much better than i expected and i will definitely check in every month. I like the flow and it's paced well. Nice to see that they give rare enough time to talk about Sea of Thieves. I'm glad they are not just skipping over stuff fast, but are actually going a bit deeper with the game.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
MS are not allowed to talk and advertise their product on their own community show.

This is just laughable.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I mean, it's build like a normal 30-60 minute television show which is completely ok and well made so far, but by the comments of most people here I start to think they can't watch anything anymore that isn't a 5 minute jump cut Youtube video, lol.

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
microsoft advertising their own services on their own show

gasp how dare they

Yea who would know a show called "Inside Xbox" might be aimed at people that enjoy Xbox. I like these things they are doing the more community outreach program the better, the more avenues where they show off what is going on with games and services the better. They are not forcing anyone to watch it nor did they make any hyperbolic claims about what the show was.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Any of you guys heard of the new upcoming Exclusive game made by Rare Studios Sea of Thieves for the Microsoft Xbox One and Enhanced with Xbox One X aswell as Windows 10 computers?

Me neither.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
MS definitely over-hyped the content of this, and it could backfire

Lol they didnt.

For our inaugural episode, these fine folks will be crewing a ship bursting at the seams with content. We'll be sitting down with Rare to discuss the incredible energy from fans surrounding Sea of Thieves, including an illuminating conversation on the core design principle that drives the game, how they've acted on feedback from the Closed Beta, and what fans can expect from the game at launch (as well as a tantalizing hint of new adventures to come post-launch).

We'll be breaking Xbox Game Pass news, debuting upcoming new console features, forging gold (true story), and saying hello to two wonderful old friends (one human, one plastic). You'll also be able to enjoy a sit-down with Microsoft Studios Executive Producer Nico Bihary to discuss Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, explore what it's like to bring Far Cry 5's most polarizing character to life, and much mor

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
MS definitely over-hyped the content of this, and it could backfire

People overhyped the content of this with the expectations for a nintendo direct equivalent, they laid the entire plan for the program beforehand.

Microsoft treated it like any of their other shows. Which are basically all about this - talking about microsoft and xbox related services. Game announcements are all for E3. Always been, always will be.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I'm a huge Xbox fan but this isn't worth my time.

I hope they take the feedback and fix it.

Main issues
- the pacing
- recycled info (give us a reason to watch)
- find a clear message of what this show is and who this is for and target them properly

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yea who would know a show called "Inside Xbox" might be aimed at people that enjoy Xbox. I like these things they are doing the more community outreach program the better, the more avenues where they show off what is going on with games and services the better. They are not forcing anyone to watch it nor did they make any hyperbolic claims about what the show was.
Like I said, a show designed to make folks feel more connected with the corp.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The sea of thieves talks going over the same things over and over is getting a bit much now, and I say this as a massive SOT fan.

This show needs more comedy and less game dev chats. The original inside box show was hilarious.