• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So today I was trying to take my sister to the doctor, and a mountain of bullshit came at us all at once.

She's mentally challenged and on disability social security as well as Medicaid. She recently was allowed to get Medicare. My mother recently moved to a new city and so we couldn't actually go to the doctor today.

The reason? Medicaid assigns you a doctor and if you don't have one assigned you can't just see the doctor with Medicaid subscription. You have to first declare them as your doctor. So why can't we use Medicare? Well because even though she got Medicare in March. It doesn't actually start until May 1st. And to declare her a Medicaid doctor it wouldn't start until June.

Now, she can use the ER with Medicaid right now if she needed to but it wasn't an emergency so now she just has to wait until May 1st to actually be seen.

What is this dumb shit?

Edit: this is in Alabama by the way. Other states might be better...

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they make it unbelievably difficult for people with disabilities to deal with this shit. It's disgusting.

OP
OP
BladeoftheImmortal
Oct 27, 2017
Yea. I was really pissed, but nothing I can do about it. Just needed to vent. Hopefully once Medicare kicks in there won't be a problem anymore. She can see any doctor that accepts it then.