• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yesss, can't wait for this. Aggro Crab is such an underappreciated dev. Going Under was amazing.

ternarybanana

Apr 5, 2024
The Verge is particularly praising ATC's accessibility compared to the vast majority of souls-likes:

www.theverge.com

Another Crab’s Treasure is a cheery, accessible take on Dark Souls

A soulslike that gives the player control.
I had originally written it off because I don't particularly enjoy souls-likes, but a video popped up in the Xbox Ambassadors Accessibility quests that really peaked my interest.

www.youtube.com

Making Accessibility Fun by Adding A Gun

Nick Kaman, Aggro Crab Games. In this talk, Nick explains why and how his team at Aggro Crab were determined to add accessibility into Another Crab‘s Treasur...

BearBobomb

Jun 3, 2022
Earth
oh-its-beautiful.gif

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta ask, given it's a Soulslike, does it also share the typical Soulslike difficulty?
The impression I get is that the game is reasonably difficult on default settings but there's tons of accessibility options to tweak various settings - reduce damage, increase dodge invulnerability, increase parry windows, etc. There's even a setting originally intended as a joke where you can just give the crab a gun that kills everything in one hit if you just can't stand a boss and want to see the rest of the game. And I believe they've said the accessibility options are not being treated as cheats and you can still get all the achievements with them.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta ask, given it's a Soulslike, does it also share the typical Soulslike difficulty?

Yes and no. The game has accessibility options. You can leave that alone, or use it at any time. I literally mean that you can use it at any time. You can instantly turn an option on or off in the menus if you find one particular section hard, then turn it back off. No need to leave the game and restart to do it. The accessibility options are also extremely customizable.

Anistona

Jan 11, 2023
so excited for a soulslike that is not grim and depressing. I do hope this starts a trend for more colour in souls game worlds.